Whoever is Born of God Sins Not

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mal'ak

Jan 15, 2019
Cedar City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:9-11
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Taken out of context, the Word of God does not say we do not sin. It says because Jesus died on the cross for us, in him we have no sin. Meaning at the end of the day, we can be forgiven, so it gives the appearance of having no sin. It is a spiritual reference, since sin can not inherit the Kingdom of heaven, which is why Jesus had to die on the cross. If all we had to do was be "born of God", then Jesus dying on the cross was a waste of time.

Romans 7:16-20
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Here you are just not reading what Paul is saying: "for the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do". Paul is very specifically saying he wants to be good, but because he is in the flesh he does evil.

Ephesians 4:22-24
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

If we lived exactly as God wanted and put on "the new man", then we would be perfect, but that is not possible. As Paul said in Romans 7, "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing". While we are in the flesh, we can not be the perfect "new man". That is our goal to strive for, but we can never be it completely while in the flesh.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

If you say you do not sin, you are calling God a liar and you do not have the truth....very simple.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The precise reason we need to be born again, and receive new natures that are able to overcome by the grace and power of He Who recreates us in the image of Christ.

The passages in the NT are talking about Christians.
Those in Johns letters say things like " if we say we are without sin we lie and do not know Jesus."

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We have been set free from the noun sin. Because of our flesh, we still sin, the verb. But we have the power to sin not. Otherwise, Jesus would not have told Mary, who the pharisees wanted to stone, "Your sins are forgiven you, go and sin no more." This means we have the ability not to sin. I personally am not there yet. Lol. Jesus even said that there would be people who would do greater miracles then He did. You can only do that walking in the Spirit, and you can't sin walking in the spirit. Our flesh chooses too when we are carried away by our own lusts.

Well put, we will only truely be without sin when we are renewed by Jesus's 2nd coming.

Reactions: Mayflower