1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Whoever is Born of God Sins Not

Discussion in 'Christian Spirituality Forum' started by marks, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Mal'ak

Mal'ak Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Taken out of context, the Word of God does not say we do not sin. It says because Jesus died on the cross for us, in him we have no sin. Meaning at the end of the day, we can be forgiven, so it gives the appearance of having no sin. It is a spiritual reference, since sin can not inherit the Kingdom of heaven, which is why Jesus had to die on the cross. If all we had to do was be "born of God", then Jesus dying on the cross was a waste of time.

Here you are just not reading what Paul is saying: "for the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do". Paul is very specifically saying he wants to be good, but because he is in the flesh he does evil.

If we lived exactly as God wanted and put on "the new man", then we would be perfect, but that is not possible. As Paul said in Romans 7, "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing". While we are in the flesh, we can not be the perfect "new man". That is our goal to strive for, but we can never be it completely while in the flesh.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

If you say you do not sin, you are calling God a liar and you do not have the truth....very simple.

2. Windmillcharge

Windmillcharge Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    The passages in the NT are talking about Christians.
    Those in Johns letters say things like " if we say we are without sin we lie and do not know Jesus."

3. Windmillcharge

Windmillcharge Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Well put, we will only truely be without sin when we are renewed by Jesus's 2nd coming.

Mayflower likes this.
  4. Mayflower

Mayflower Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    To be fair I quoted this from Sunday's church service. It just stuck. Lol

5. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

There is a section in John's First Epistle that is relevant here.

Mayflower likes this.