Whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This is the uniform promise in Acts 22:16, "Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."

This passage teaches that all may be saved who will do it. He will cast none away who come in this manner. The invitation and the assurance extend to all nations and to people of all times.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Merely calling on the Lord verbally does not save...

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

To do his will, is obedience.

To call on Jesus means to pray to Him, casting oneself totally upon Him for mercy and depending solely on Him for salvation. Genuinely calling on the Lord requires faith, and genuine faith includes obedience. Peter applied the same verse in Joel to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost. Calling on the name of the Lord includes calling His name at baptism.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord
Shall be heard.... even in the pig pen at a distance!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is the uniform promise in Acts 22:16, "Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."

Its the "calling on the name of the Lord" that is the Faith that God accepts.

You can be water baptized 234 times and go to hell.
Judas for example, was water baptized.
Thousands went to hell today, worldwide, all water baptized and calling on Mary.
Water does not wash away sin......but the Cross of Christ does, because the shed blood of Jesus is accepted by God to forgive all sin.
He does not accept water.
And how do you know?
Because Water didn't die on the Cross.

Never try to replace the shed Blood of Jesus, with Catholic cult deception, that tries to replace the Cross with Water baptism.
That's one of the devil's gospel's.
He has a few.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water does not wash away sin......but the Cross of Christ does, because the shed blood of Jesus is accepted by God to forgive all sin. Because Water didn't die on the Cross.

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
[8] And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
[8] And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

All men born come by water and blood.
You apparently have never seen a baby being born.

Also, that 3 bear witness, is not saying that water saves you.
You are saying that, but the verse does not.

@user,....I want you take a shower or a bath at some point, soon.
When you are in it, ask yourself....>"is this water, SPIRIT or SPIRITUAL"?

See, Even a fool can understand "dumb", and im hopeful that you are neither.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All men born come by water and blood.
You apparently have never seen a baby being born.

According to you, the "water" in John 3:5 is amniotic fluid. And, Jesus is telling Nicodemus to go and do something that EVERYONE on the PLANET has ALREADY DONE...

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Wouldn't you think, if it were amniotic fluid, it would have not needed to been said.

Think hard!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
According to you, the "water" in John 3:5 is amniotic fluid. And, Jesus is telling Nicodemus to go and do something that EVERYONE on the PLANET has ALREADY DONE...

Lets see if you can think.
Try this one.

Jesus didn't tell Nicodemus to go back into His mother.......... It was Nicodemus who misunderstood what Jesus was teaching as spiritual birth.
Same as you have misunderstood it.

Jesus then corrected you both.....and let me paraphrase it......"Nicodemus, you have been born once.....and this is your earthly birth.....as you were born of your MOTHER when her WATER BROKE and out you came.....but to go to heaven, to exist in the Kingdom of GOD, you must be Born AGAIN.....Spiritually, by the Holy Spirit".

Think on that, @user.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Shame on me; I thought I had this particular verse "listed" in my study, but
failed! = correction needed, eh?:

Prophecy/Law for ISRAEL:

►►► The Twelve Were Sent to {water} baptize! ◄◄◄

The TWO Main (of 12) baptismS =

A) water, For remission of sins/induction into Israeli "priesthood!":
(Matthew_3:5-6; Mark_1:4; Luke_3:3; John_1:31; Especially Luke 7:29-30;
Acts_10:37; Matthew_28:19; Mark_16:16; Acts_2:38, 22:16; Ezekiel_36:25)
guess I should Also add: And Also Especially John 3:5
+
B) WITH The Holy Spirit, Poured Out By CHRIST,
for power, signs And wonders!
(Isaiah_44:3; Matthew_3:11; Mark_1:8, 16:17-18;
Luke_24:49; Acts_2:17-18, 38, 8:15-17, 11:16)

Prophecy/Law

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That DIFFER!” {online}:

Mystery/GRACE! = NO water, BUT Spirit Only! According To
our "apostle to the Gentiles" for The Body Of CHRIST:

►►► (ONE apostle) Paul Was Not Sent to {water} baptize! Why Not?: ◄◄◄

Today: Only ONE Baptism = "BY" The ONE Spirit = God's OPERATION,
Spiritually
Identifying members In (The ONE Body Of) CHRIST!!
(Ephesians 4:5; Colossians_2:12; Galatians_3:27;
Romans_6:3-4; ►►► 1 Corinthians 12:13 ◄◄◄)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion: God Has "Only ONE" Baptism Today? = ONE!

Is it not Possible That God's Answer Of "No water baptism, for
us Today," Under HIS Pure GRACE, absolutely vanquishes Satan's
{Many Severely DIVIDED denominations?} Confusion into oblivion!?

---------------------------------------------------

FULL "study" of ALL Bible baptisms is here:
"Divider" Poll +
THIRTEEN Bible baptisms (← NINE water questions in "baptism #9" here!)

LORD JESUS, thank You for This Precious Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
, That
Has Solved my Confusion. May This Also be used for the
Encouragement of Many others. Amen.
---------------------------------------
GRACE And Peace...

Last edited:

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't tell Nicodemus to go back into His mother.......... It was Nicodemus who misunderstood what Jesus was teaching as spiritual birth. Same as you have misunderstood it.

Jesus told Nicodemus...

Ascending into heaven, Jesus gives the great commission, saying...

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

They then returned to Jerusalem with great joy, and were continually in the temple praising and blessing God.

The scene continues in Acts...

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
[37] Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
[38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

And there is the N.T. plan of salvation which Jesus alluded to with Nicodemus (water and spirit).

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This passage teaches that all may be saved who will do it. He will cast none away who come in this manner. The invitation and the assurance extend to all nations and to people of all times.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Merely calling on the Lord verbally does not save...

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

To do his will, is obedience.

To call on Jesus means to pray to Him, casting oneself totally upon Him for mercy and depending solely on Him for salvation. Genuinely calling on the Lord requires faith, and genuine faith includes obedience. Peter applied the same verse in Joel to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost. Calling on the name of the Lord includes calling His name at baptism.

2 Timothy 2:22 Lexicon: Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
goes well with your topic (Imo).

Last edited: