Why Am I Special

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jkeithbrock

Nov 6, 2007
Yesterday at church they were showing videos from different places that they do missionary work at such as Darfur & Nicaragua and seeing how awful these conditions were for people especially children made me wonder why people who haven't done anything bad especially children are on the streets and have it rough and then there is me, who has a roof over my head, I am blessed with my wife and daughter, I have a steady job and I have lied, stole and hurt others people with my actions. Why do I have it good, while others suffer??

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
I have wondered that myself many times. I am very blessed and God knows I sure don't deserve it! But I think that he put us where we are so we can serve him best.

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
I won't bother going into this with all the complex intricacies. However, you may wish to look up "Theodicy" and see what theistic philosophers are proposing, and where the arguments are at today.Of course, in the Early Church, for a Simple answer, even as early as Tatian we see that the understanding was that there is a great difference between natural evil, (such as hurricanes, floods, or the family you grew up in, or the friends you've lost) and Moral evil. They were born into poverty, which is a natural evil. There is no reason, there is simply what is. God didn't put "you" there, "you" developed as a result of interacting with your given environment. If it wasn't you, then another would have been born in your situation. We aren't "cut out" for where we come from, we are simply more familiar with it.I'm not saying this is my opinion, I'm simply relaying what Church fathers and modern Christian philosophers might think. Please, do look the arguments up and decide for yourself, as this is indeed a most fascinating topic.

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
I think it's because this happens in life.Not all sins and evil is punished in this life. Hence the final judgement.The innocent do suffer. This is a perversion of what God wants for us. The world as it is can be a brutal place. But Justice is the Lord's.We would have no need for Judgement from the Lord if injustice didn't occur on earth.I know it's hard to accept, but these bad things can used to show God's Grace and awesomeness. Because we see the evil, and we see that we as humans have no ultimate control over their fate, especially eternal. When we suffer through this or see this, we seek God's Grace.

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
'Remember that in your life you have received all the good things while Lazarus the bad things, but now he is comforted.''That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.'My opinion...Do we take for granted what God had given us freely? No!

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
There's a deeper meaning to that but first we should knowwhat our Lord wants us to do by paying attention to whatour hearts are telling us."Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him." (1 Corinthians 7:17)