WHY ARE MANY OF US STILL HERE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I'm not a believer in the stricter aspects of dispensationalism but I believe it is over 2000 yrs. old because it originates with the phrase. "when the times of the gentiles are fulfilled"
The times of the gentiles are not fulfilled until the end of the world. We are to preach the gospel to all nations (gentiles) until then.
Plus, the Jesuits concocted the scheme as part of the counter reformation to throw people off on the Pope being Antichrist. Darby and Scofield popularized it.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which day did God specify in His law? (Hint: it was not the "venerable day of the Sun god" which is the day Satan has chosen as its replacement)

BTW, Colossians 2 is referring to ceremonial sabbaths of the Jews, not the weekly Sabbath of the Ten Commandments.
Are you saying Christians must observe Saturday as sabbath?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What is your justification for subdividing God's covenant made at Mount Horeb with Israel? Considering James state the Law is a single unit, you either keep it or you don't, from what passages of Scripture do we know what parts are for us and what parts are not? If any are.

The Law is given in the Torah, and if you are to keep it, you have to keep all of it, and you can't. It's not even possible anymore.

You don't offer sacrifices. You don't show your sores to the priests. But you do place yourself above the law if you declare that it is to be kept, and yet equally declare you get to decid which parts.

So . . . to avoid that, we need to have the authority of Scripture. So . . . where in the Bible can I read about this? About what parts we have to keep and what parts we don't?

Much love!
Mark
What is your justification for subdividing God's covenant made at Mount Horeb with Israel? Considering James state the Law is a single unit, you either keep it or you don't, from what passages of Scripture do we know what parts are for us and what parts are not? If any are.

The Law is given in the Torah, and if you are to keep it, you have to keep all of it, and you can't. It's not even possible anymore.

You don't offer sacrifices. You don't show your sores to the priests. But you do place yourself above the law if you declare that it is to be kept, and yet equally declare you get to decid which parts.

So . . . to avoid that, we need to have the authority of Scripture. So . . . where in the Bible can I read about this? About what parts we have to keep and what parts we don't?

Much love!
Mark
i guess you know them already, and I hate to post anything that might be inferred as arbitration there. I'm an Anarch, and you have a king I'm assuming, so there are things you might get away with that I can't, like socially acceptable stuff, driving 6miles over the limit or whatever, and I guess the handwriting of ordinances against us has already been gone over here, like yesterday I think?

So imo Jesus said that best, love God, love your neighbor, and you'll fulfill the others?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Must Christians refrain from lust? Theft? Coveting? Idolatry? Cursing God? Lying? Violence? Disrespecting parents? Are thay not all part of the same law?

Deuteronomy 5:11
[11] Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain(flesh): for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain(flesh).

We take His name in Spirit. We do not curse(flesh) but are of a life giving Spirit(blessing).

“disrespecting parents” then how do you reconcile Luke 12:51-53 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: [52] For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. [53] The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Luke 14:26
[26] If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

the law is Spirit and established by Spirit in Honour of the Father which is God and thy mother which is our home. Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. (In that Jerusalem her laws, the laws of the land, ARE Spirit.)

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Must Christians refrain from lust? Theft? Coveting? Idolatry? Cursing God? Lying? Violence? Disrespecting parents? Are thay not all part of the same law?
If I tell anyone they have to literally obseve the day Saturday as Sabbath, then I’ve broken every command you’ve listed above. How can you know God and not see this?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 5:11
[11] Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain(flesh): for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain(flesh).

We take His name in Spirit. We do not curse(flesh) but are of a life giving Spirit(blessing).

“disrespecting parents” then how do you reconcile Luke 12:51-53 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: [52] For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. [53] The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Luke 14:26
[26] If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

the law is Spirit and established by Spirit in Honour of the Father which is God and thy mother which is our home. Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. (In that Jerusalem her laws, the laws of the land, ARE Spirit.)
The law is Spiritual!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I skip pages of posts because there are to many to get your head around that are posted while I am soundly tucked up in bed. I go to the last page and skim them to see if I can pick up the thread of what is being posted. Usually it is the same repackaged garbage.
Well sure but I have never known you to ignore a post directed at you in the course of a normal conversation here bc you couldn't or wouldn't deal with the implications either JR. Even if I don't maybe always agree with your replies, they are engaged, you don't quote your adversary to pointlessly preach at them on an unrelated topic or diversion, you actually have conversations iow, the things that keep threads from turning into mush?

Which I guess I should apologize there, I tend to get manipulated into re explaining the obvious to someone I am taking at face value, like this eternity thing that let's be honest surely got boring like 3pages ago lol. Major pain to edit out later too.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As you will know, from the context, this is the conclusion of a larger argument, beginning at verse one, and makes perfect sense when looked at in relation to what has already been said in the verses previous to it. The human body is likened to a house and is contrasted with the 'house' awaiting the believer in heaven, which is a resurrection body', like unto that of Christ's resurrection body (1 Corinthians 15).
sorry you came up last today charity, I have basically wasted my morning I guess, so in reply here I would just ask you to address these vv in that context,
The kingdom of heaven is within you
No one has ever gone up to heaven
There is only One Immortal

And I guess maybe a brief explanation of your understanding of our baptism ritual, what happens when you go under, what did the pastor say, what happens when you come up out of the water, what did he say then, you get it I'm sure.

multiple posts bc iPad, sorry

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
:rolleyes:
* Paul's desire was: that when absent from his earthly body, he may be present with the Lord in his heavenly body, without having to undergo the unclothed state which describes those who have died, awaiting resurrection.
wadr I think we have gone over this, you might note all of the "help" you're giving to Scripture there, or maybe the baptism Q above will clear this up, and imo don't forget hidden from the wise ok
If this Q is still not satisfied in some way afterward lemme know
However this would require the Lord's return, as described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, which was the expectation during the Acts period, but was dependant on Israel's repentance.
There is no "return" in that passage charity, and we have gone over this one too I guess. So rather than the same retread reply that will not change until Scripture does, I would say read your passage up there, (16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first;) and then address why do you stand there looking up into the sky if you would, ty, remembering hidden from the wise once again. I would love it if Jesus proved me wrong and appeared in the literal clouds, by way of returning, and I believed that pretty much my whole life too ok.

And imo the "Lord" :rolleyes: Himself will definitely descend from heaven with a shout ok, so hey why not stand there looking up into the sky do you think, charity?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
* When Paul uses the word 'we' in this context, he is including all of the believing community to whom he spoke.
I meant to fwd the same pov, thought I did? Oh but you mean that Paul necessarily is including himself in his "we" statements I guess? So I'm a bit mushed right now ok, but wadr what I am hearing is "I didn't go read any of Paul's 'I' statements," but that might not be fair, maybe those aren't so easy to find or something, so I'll just say that I suspect Paul is using "we" as an inclusion device, to hide wisdom from the wise, and I didn't come by this suspicion bc I suddenly did not want eternal life, after forty years of testifying "I'm saved."

The para above this seemed like reiteration to me, but if there was a point I missed etcetc ok

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

Regarding a gap in the working out of God's purposes. I can with assurance refer to one in Luke 4:16-20:-

And He came to Nazareth,
.. where He had been brought up:
.... and, as His custom was,
...... He went into the synagogue on the sabbath day,
........ and stood up for to read.
And there was delivered unto Him the book of the prophet Esaias.
And when He had opened the book,
.. He found the place where it was written,
.... 'The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
...... because He hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor;
........ He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
.......... to preach deliverance to the captives,
............ and recovering of sight to the blind,
.............. to set at liberty them that are bruised,
................ To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
And He closed the book,
.. and He gave it again to the minister,
.... and sat down.
...... And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue
........ were fastened on Him.'

* The Lord closed the book after the words, 'to preach the acceptable year of the Lord', for had He continued reading from Isaiah 61:1-2, He could not have continued to say in Luke 4:21, 'This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears'. For the following words of Isaiah 6, were:- 'And the day of vengence of our God': for that awaits a yet future day, when He will come again in judgement.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: marks

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I meant to fwd the same pov, thought I did? Oh but you mean that Paul necessarily is including himself in his "we" statements I guess? So I'm a bit mushed right now ok, but wadr what I am hearing is "I didn't go read any of Paul's 'I' statements," but that might not be fair, maybe those aren't so easy to find or something, so I'll just say that I suspect Paul is using "we" as an inclusion device, to hide wisdom from the wise, and I didn't come by this suspicion bc I suddenly did not want eternal life, after forty years of testifying "I'm saved."

The para above this seemed like reiteration to me, but if there was a point I missed etcetc ok

Sorry if I misunderstood you, @bbyrd009.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to why anyone would want to be under bondage or take some one with them

2 Corinthians 3:6
[6] Who also hath made us able (born of God)ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.