Why are some interpreters not being honest with the text involving Daniel 9:27?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your points have been clearly answered, you claim Daniel's 70th week was fulfilled at the cross of calvary "Wrong"
Yes, you have already shown your opinion about that. No need to do it again. You waste so much time saying exactly the same things over and over again like a broken record. It's unnecessary.

As post #104 clearly explains the bad guy who caused Daniel's AOD in Daniel 9:27 will be on earth until the "Consummation" or "Ultimate End" 2 Peter 3:10-13 "Future"
I understand that you think you're being clear and are giving irrefutable arguments, but I completely disagree with that. Deal with it.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple grammatical referback referents confirm that all of the "he's" in Daniel 9:27 are Messiah the Prince. Thus Christ Himself is your "bad guy".
Sorry Jesus doesn't cause abomination and desolation, the "He" is Daniel's described (Little Horn) seen below, that will be present on this earth at the "Consummation" and final judgement

Below The Lord's second coming in fire and final judgement, (The Little Horn/The Beast) will be present on this earth in a "Human Body" that will be destroyed and judged to the lake of fire, read it again and again

(His Body Destroyed)

Daniel 7:9-13KJV
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him:
thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Debunked regurgitant.

From Daniel 9:27 Hebrew:

3617 [e]
kā·lāh
כָּלָה֙
the consummation
N‑fs

"kalah: completion, complete destruction, consumption, annihilation"

There's no Jesuitized futurized end times "ultimate end".
It's very sad when I see people blatantly making things up like that out of a desperate attempt to prove that their view is true. Another person tried to act as if the Hebrew word translated as "after" in Daniel 9:26 means soon or immediately after, which it does not. They said that in an attempt to deny that Jesus was cut off (crucified) years after the end of the 69th week because they deny that He was crucified during the 70th week.

The dishonesty by some here is disgusting. Last I checked, lying is still a sin.

Reactions: covenantee

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no Jesuitized futurized end times "ultimate end".
Your claim is "False" the consummation or ultimate end is seen below

(The Future Consummation)

2 Peter 3:10KJV
10 But
the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry Jesus doesn't cause abomination and desolation, the "He" is Daniel's described (Little Horn) seen below, that will be present on this earth at the "Consummation" and final judgement

Below The Lord's second coming in fire and final judgement, (The Little Horn/The Beast) will be present on this earth in a "Human Body" that will be destroyed and judged to the lake of fire, read it again and again

(His Body Destroyed)

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Sorry that Messiah the Prince is your "bad guy".

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dishonesty by some here is disgusting. Last I checked, lying is still a sin.
Looking into a mirror of truth, "even until the consummation", living in denial of God's written words of truth below

10 But
the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Merriam-Webster
Definition of consummation

1: the act of consummating the consummation of a contract by mutual signature specifically : the consummating of a marriage
2:
the ultimate end

Daniel's AOD (Even Until The Consummation) "Future"!

Daniel 9:27KJV
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations
he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your claim is "False" the consummation or ultimate end is seen below

10 But
The word "consummation" occurs in one place in all of Scripture.

Daniel 9:27

Describing 70 AD.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because they deny that He was crucified during the 70th week.
Jesus dying on the cross of calvary 2,000 years ago has absolutely nothing to do with Daniel 9:25-27, nothing

The events are future, that will culminate in the future "Consummation" in the second coming

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus dying on the cross of calvary 2,000 years ago has absolutely nothing to do with Daniel 9:25-27, nothing

The events are future, that will culminate in the future "Consummation" in the second coming
True for those who believe that Christ is antichrist in Daniel 9:25-27.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking into a mirror of truth, "even until the consummation", living in denial of God's written words of truth below

10 But

Merriam-Webster
Definition of consummation

1: the act of consummating the consummation of a contract by mutual signature specifically : the consummating of a marriage
2:
the ultimate end

Daniel's AOD (Even Until The Consummation) "Future"!

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations
he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
What you are being dishonest about with that verse (Daniel 9:27) is that it relates specifically to the destruction of Jerusalem and its temple and not to the destruction of the entire earth. The context for that can easily be seen by simply reading the previous verse (Daniel 9:26) which specifically mentioned the destruction of the city and the sanctuary. So, verse 27 is not referring to "the ultimate end" of the earth as you are falsely claiming. It's talking about the end of Jerusalem and the temple. And that occurred in 70 AD. The prophecy refers to the end of ancient Jerusalem and its temple which occurred when the city and the temple were destroyed in 70 AD. Making it about anything besides that is a case of taking it completely out of context.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you being serious here?

Daniel 9:26 (KJV) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Daniel 9:26 (NIV) After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.

Are you telling me that you are denying that this verse is referring to the death of the Messiah, Jesus Christ? If so, you have even less discernment than I thought, which is saying something. If that is what you are saying, then you have lost all credibility, if you had any to begin with.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "consummation" occurs in one place in all of Scripture.

Daniel 9:27

Describing 70 AD.
Describing a "Future" event that takes place at the second coming

Strongs, the word (Consummation)
1.) Completion; Completely
2.) Destruction-Altogether, Utterly Consume
3.) Full Utter End, Riddance

Strong’s Definitions (Consummation) Daniel 9:27KJV
כָּלָה kâlâh, kaw-law'; from H3615; a completion; adverb, completely; also destruction:—altogether, (be, utterly) consume(-d), consummation(-ption), was determined, (full, utter) end, riddance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Strong’s Definitions (Consummation)
כָּלָה kâlâh, kaw-law'; from H3615; a completion; adverb, completely; also destruction:—altogether, (be, utterly) consume(-d), consummation(-ption), was determined, (full, utter) end, riddance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Thanks for confirming what I said.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Describing a "Future" event that takes place at the second coming

Strong’s Definitions (Consummation) Daniel 9:27KJV

But, what is the context of the destruction in that prophecy? The entire earth? No! The context of the destruction relates to the city (Jerusalem) and the sanctuary (the temple in Jerusalem). Making it relate to the entire earth is something that you are adding to the text.

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you being serious here?

Daniel 9:26 (KJV) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Daniel 9:26 (NIV) After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.

Are you telling me that you are denying that this verse is referring to the death of the Messiah, Jesus Christ? If so, you have even less discernment than I thought, which is saying something. If that is what you are saying, then you have lost all credibility, if you had any to begin with.
Yes I deny the words (Messiah Cut Off) represents the cross of calvary, it represents the future building to Messiah is (Cut Off)

Messiah wasn't cut off in 33AD then a big gap runs to 70AD in Jerusalems destruction to account for weeks 63-70, how do you account for 8 weeks representing 37 literal years from calvary 33AD-70AD in Roman destruction, "Smiles"!

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained "Future"

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four Hundred Ninety Years)

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal "Future" weeks or 490 days.

When the "Future" call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period in preparing to build.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the armies surrounding Jerusalem, this stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see (The Antichrist) revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation starts at this time.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes I deny the words (Messiah Cut Off) represents the cross of calvary, it represents the building to Messiah is (Cut Off)

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained "Future"

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four Hundred Ninety Years)

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal "Future" weeks or 490 days.

When the "Future" call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period in preparing to build.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the armies surrounding Jerusalem, this stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see (The Antichrist) revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation starts at this time.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
It is to :laughing:.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, what is the context of the destruction in that prophecy? The entire earth? No! The context of the destruction relates to the city (Jerusalem) and the sanctuary (the temple in Jerusalem). Making it relate to the entire earth is something that you are adding to the text.

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
As I have shown my belief, Jerusalem will be surrounded by armies in the future, I believe this will be caused by the Jews taking the temple mount in rebuilding the temple at the present Muslim holy mosque

As the scripture states below (The End Thereof) and the war will be at (The End) Armageddon in the second coming

Daniel 9:26KJV

The consummation seen below is the end of this world, and that poured upon the desolate is God's cup of wrath

The second coming in fire and final judgement of the (He) In Daniel 9:27 at the consummation (Little Horn/The Beast/He)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As I have shown my belief, Jerusalem will be surrounded by armies in the future, I believe this will be caused by the Jews taking the temple mount in rebuilding the temple at the present Muslim holy mosque

As the scripture states below (The End Thereof) and the war will be at (The End) Armageddon in the second coming

Daniel 9:26KJV

The second coming in fire and final judgement of the (He) In Daniel 9:27 at the consummation

11 I beheld then because of the voice of

Do you believe in a future literal human man that will fulfill (The Beast) of Revelation 13?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are some interpreters not being honest with the text involving Daniel 9:27?

WHY? Because…”some” can NOT, DO NOT UNDERSTAND the BASICS…

God is the Absolute source of KNOWLEDGE.
God Reveals His KNOWLEDGE by His Word TO THE EARS OF MEN bit by bit, AS FORETELLING what will come to pass.

God Manifests His KNOWLEDGE by His POWER TO THE EYES OF MEN bit by bit, AS REVEALING what was foretold.

God WARNS to pay Attention to WHAT historically occurred regarding ANCIENT men, HISTORICAL men, PRESENT MODERN men….
THEY ARE EXAMPLES, of what SHALL AGAIN Occur.
Pay attention to WHAT Ancient men, Historical men, Modern men …. CHOOSE, AND their CONSEQUENCE FOR their CHOICES .
AND…you personally DECIDE…what outcome, consequence, YOU CHOOSE FOR YOURSELF, according to YOUR OWN ERA IN TIME.

* World “individual” nations have come and gone. (Anciently, Historically, Modernly)
* World “individual nations” have ALINED in “allegiances, leagues, agreements” under a single governing Power Head. (Anciently, Historically, Modernly, to this day.)

* FACT IS:…
The EARTH IS: manKINDS ESTATE.
* FACT IS….
God, Via His OWN WISDOM and POWER…
DESTROYED manKINDS ESTATE ONCE, (saving the FEW of manKIND who were righteous.)
* FACT IS…
God, Via His OWN WORD, WISDOM and POWER, has WARNED manKind, HE SHALL AGAIN DESTROY manKINDS ESTATE/ EARTH…and AGAIN (save the FEW of manKIND who are righteous.)

The EVENT…of the Earths DESTRUCTION…
SHALL BE VIA a “different MANNER”…
(Water vs Fire)

The MANNER…of GOD SAVING His RIGHTEOUS…SHALL BE the “SAME MANNER”.
Lifting the Righteous above the Earth’s Destruction…TO the Clouds.

WHAT SHALL come to pass, SO revealed unto men via Gods Word, IN Whatever Era, IS foretold, IS given manKIND in of specific eras, of specific foretold SIGNS, IS manKINDS warning to take HEED, and CHOOSE Gods OFFERING of PROTECTION, of ESCAPE of horrific consequences…(according to His WAY, His ORDER, His TERMS), or suffer the negative consequences…
NOTHING NEW…

Deut. 29:
[29] The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Ecc. 1:
[9] The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Ancient Earth’s DESTRUCTION by WATER…
FEW Saved…Having been RISEN UP TO the Clouds…

Gen 7
[16] And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.
[17] And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.
[18] And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.
[19] And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
[20] Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

Fifteen cubits ABOVE the LAND did the Waters RISE…LOOK UP, above the Land of the mountain tops….you should be ABLE to SEE with your own EYES…the FEW SAVED in the FIRST EVENT of the EARTH’S Destruction WERE LIFTED UP TO THE CLOUDS.

THE NEXT EVENT of the Earth’s DESTRUCTION…so to shall FEW be SAVED, in the same MANNER…LIFTED UP TO THE CLOUDS.

1 Thes 4:
[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Bottom line is:
Accept Gods OFFERING of being MADE (by, through, of His Power)…RIGHTEOUS, according to HIS “order and way”…
And become “MADE” excepted FROM experiencing the horrific consequences of HIS NEXT DESTRUCTION of the EARTH.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

wooddog

May 8, 2024
cleveland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thinking is this. There has to be starting point involving these desolations. Thus a gap leading up to when the time involving them begins. What are your thoughts on that, meaning a starting point involving these desolations, lets say in relation to the first 69 weeks? IOW, 69 weeks are fulfilled. What next? We know the 70th week follows the 69 weeks, but what is in question, the time period involving these desolations, when do they initially begin? As soon as the 69 weeks expire then 3.5 years later, thus no gap preceding when they initially begin?
There are two different and distinct desolations I believe, one in v.2 physical, the other spiritual v.17. They are both addressed by Gabriel, the one occurred in 70 A.D., the other 40 years earlier at the Crucifixion.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite