Why are Threads Disappearing in the "Unorthodox forum?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All of a sudden threads are disappearing from the one part of the forum that was open to "unorthodox" views.
Can I ask the mods why?
Those who have no interest in unorthodox views do not have to read or post there, so why are threads being taken down when they are only posted for those with an interest in unorthodox views?

I know its like a rock and a hard place, but seriously, we are all supposed to be adults here.....what happened to Jesus and his apostles when the mainstream view was not promoted by them? The Pharisees tried to silence them but were unable......it led to the murder of their own savior. People have a right to read both sides and make up their own mind....that was the position Jesus took. He did not force his views on anyone, but said his piece and allowed his audience the freedom to choose to believe him or not.

Can we at least have an explanation as to why threads are being removed....? Or on account of whose posts the threads were removed?
We can then at least modify our own comments. :doldrums:

Reactions: Peterlag and Nancy

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Christianity Board has alway prided itself in being a place of scholarly discussion, friendship and an environment where members can grow, learn and share their experiences in Christ.

Our team at Cyb have worked hard over the years to ensure that this ethos is maintained and upheld however, we would like to bring to your attention, certain recurring topics, that have caused much division and strife here over the years.

These topics have tended to cause heated debate, strife and division between members and/or inappropriate behavior within those discussions, which simply will not be tolerated here at CyB

We are not disputing the fact that these topics are important however, they also tend to bring out the worse in members. To a point where such behavior is unacceptable in a Christian forum

At the moment, we only have issue with one particular topic, which is "The Trinity".

This topic may not be initiated, discussed or debated at Christianity Board, whether it be for or against the Trinitarian view. Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God"
Such posts/threads will be deleted immediately and disciplinary action will be taken in the form of warning points and/or bans depending on the outcome. Old threads will also be removed from public view as well as new ones.

Please Note:
This does not include the 3 non-christian sections however, rules of engagement still apply for all members there.

Thank You

May you be blessed mightly here at Chrisitianity Board

The Christianity Board Moderating Team

FYI

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of a sudden threads are disappearing from the one part of the forum that was open to "unorthodox" views.
Can I ask the mods why?
Those who have no interest in unorthodox views do not have to read or post there, so why are threads being taken down when they are only posted for those with an interest in unorthodox views?

I know its like a rock and a hard place, but seriously, we are all supposed to be adults here.....what happened to Jesus and his apostles when the mainstream view was not promoted by them? The Pharisees tried to silence them but were unable......it led to the murder of their own savior. People have a right to read both sides and make up their own mind....that was the position Jesus took. He did not force his views on anyone, but said his piece and allowed his audience the freedom to choose to believe him or not.

Can we at least have an explanation as to why threads are being removed....? Or on account of whose posts the threads were removed?
We can then at least modify our own comments. :doldrums:
There have been times I myself have gone on those forums to see where someone is coming from. Not to impose my Christian views on them but to simply check out their reasoning.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you, I hadn't seen that post, and was not notified that there were new rules....were others notified. I often don't get them...:no reply:

Please Note: This does not include the 3 non-christian sections however, rules of engagement still apply for all members there.

Can someone explain this please...?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, I hadn't seen that post, and was not notified that there were new rules....were others notified. I often don't get them...:no reply:

Can someone explain this please...?
I believe it was posted in announcements, so it should have come up if you clicked ‘ new posts ‘.

Reactions: Nancy

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe it was posted in announcements, so it should have come up if you clicked ‘ new posts ‘.
Thank you Rita, but wouldn’t it have been more helpful with such an important announcement that all the posters here were notified? I am kept busy responding to alerts, so I don’t often get to see the “new posts”.

I had no idea that posting in the unorthodox forum would see censorship of content concerning the trinity. It’s the number one debate topic here. Why can’t both sides of this story be told just in that forum?
Those loyal to the trinity need not enter.

We all identify as “Christians” here, so by all means delete content that is unchristian in its condemning or accusatory tone, but surely a civilised scriptural conversation is acceptable? It would be more helpful to ban those who display this condemning attitude from posting in this forum, rather than penalise all of us just because we poke what is essentially a “sacred cow” in Christendom? We love Jesus, but we do not see a shred of scriptural evidence that he is anything other than what he called himself.....”the son of God”.
We see no reason why he needs to be “God” in order to redeem mankind.

I agree with @Heart2Soul when it was suggested that we need to ‘put on our spiritual armour and defend our faith in these last days’.....it’s no time to be “spoon fed our beliefs"...we need to be able to back them up. Only personal study of the Bible will tell us what God says, rather than men.
That said, God has never left his worshippers without teachers, so it’s up to us to find the ones he provides, rather than the fake ones the devil has sent out into the world for many centuries.

Free speech is dying.....and that is a tragedy.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Announcements are for letting the forum know things , it’s not too much to ask that members check for messages there…..as for the decision , well it’s been explained why this has had to happen.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Why are Threads Disappearing in the "Unorthodox forum?​

lol.....maybe 'Unorthodox' is revealing its true nature? :)

Reactions: Helen

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Rita, but wouldn’t it have been more helpful with such an important announcement that all the posters here were notified? I am kept busy responding to alerts, so I don’t often get to see the “new posts”.

I had no idea that posting in the unorthodox forum would see censorship of content concerning the trinity. It’s the number one debate topic here. Why can’t both sides of this story be told just in that forum?
Those loyal to the trinity need not enter.

We all identify as “Christians” here, so by all means delete content that is unchristian in its condemning or accusatory tone, but surely a civilised scriptural conversation is acceptable? It would be more helpful to ban those who display this condemning attitude from posting in this forum, rather than penalise all of us just because we poke what is essentially a “sacred cow” in Christendom? We love Jesus, but we do not see a shred of scriptural evidence that he is anything other than what he called himself.....”the son of God”.
We see no reason why he needs to be “God” in order to redeem mankind.

I agree with @Heart2Soul when it was suggested that we need to ‘put on our spiritual armour and defend our faith in these last days’.....it’s no time to be spoon fed our beliefs"...we need to be able to back them up. Only personal study of the Bible will tell us what God says, rather than men.
That said, God has never left his worshippers without teachers, so it’s up to us to find the ones he provides, rather than the fake ones the devil has sent out into the world for many centuries.

Free speech is dying.....and that is a tragedy.

What happens is the members can't win since I'm so well prepared... so they complain to the management. I will bet you my car that a few did that here as well.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens is the members can't win since I'm so well prepared... so they complain to the management. I will bet you my car that a few did that here as well.
No actually, no one has complained about yout threads.

Reactions: Helen