Why aren't you struggling with this question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Angelina Paul speaks of 'the obedience of faith' & 'obedience to the faith' in Romans, at the end and at the beginning. Salvation is truly 'not of works, lest any man should boast' (Ephesians 2.9); faith is indeed the key principle.

Philippians 3
9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Philippians 3
9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.
@Angelina Great verses there! :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't need to prove anything. You have already outed yourself. The members of this forum can read for themselves and they already know that the Spirit of God will always coincide with the Word of God.

Note this verse: Ephesians 1:13
In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

We have had plenty of wolves dressed in sheeps clothing. Say you piece and then you will be shown the way out. xox

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't need to prove anything. You have already outed yourself. The members of this forum can read for themselves and they already know that the Spirit of God will always coincide with the Word of God.

In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

We have had plenty of wolves dressed in sheeps clothing. Say you piece and then you will be shown the way out. xox
Psalm 119.89; Psalm 119.105; John 17.17

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Angelina Great verses there! :)
I don't need to prove anything. You have already outed yourself. The members of this forum can read for themselves and they already know that the Spirit of God will always in coincide with the Word of God.

Sorry, but you actually really do need to prove it. No where in the bible is the bible even prophesied. God sent prophets and his son to prophecy about the major pillars of the new covenant, and the bible was never mentioned once. Why? Because God didn't create it, you did. You took a part of the Spirit and made it a whole, which made the original part void. You then placed this spirit upon a pedestal and follow it day and night. However, this is not the Spirit of God but rather a spirit of your own creation. As for what I've proven myself to be, yes I've proven myself to be a wolf to wolves. Anyways, I'll leave you with this kind message just like you left me one. When Paul outlined the requirements for being an elder, a shepherd over the flock, it was for men, not women. So you porbably shouldn't be saying you're an elder since God never puts women in positions of authority besides prophecy. Think I'm wrong? All the apostles were men, Jesus was a man, and all the rulers of Jurusalem were men. Furthermore, the only female ruler of Jurusalem was ousted and killed. Fun facts

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sorry, but you actually really do need to prove it. No where in the bible is the bible even prophesied. God sent prophets and his son to prophecy about the major pillars of the new covenant, and the bible was never mentioned once. Why? Because God didn't create it, you did. You took a part of the Spirit and made it a whole, which made the original part void. You then placed this spirit upon a pedestal and follow it day and night. However, this is not the Spirit of God but rather a spirit of your own creation. As for what I've proven myself to be, yes I've proven myself to be a wolf to wolves. Anyways, I'll leave you with this kind message just like you left me one. When Paul outlined the requirements for being an elder, a shepherd over the flock, it was for men, not women. So you porbably shouldn't be saying you're an elder since God never puts women in positions of authority besides prophecy. Think I'm wrong? All the apostles were men, Jesus was a man, and all the rulers of Jurusalem were men. Furthermore, the only female ruler of Jurusalem was ousted and killed. Fun facts

Do you know any history about your family? What about your country? Do you know anything about Abraham, Issac, Jacob? What about the minor and Major prophets? Know anything about them? It's called writing. Back in the old days the Jews had scribes. The Wise men knew where Jesus was to be born because of the scrolls the scribes left behind. The 10 commandments were written on stone slabs. It was written and then placed into the Arc of the covenant. All these things were passed down. Firstly by orators, then by scribes.

Reactions: Willie T
Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know any history about your family? What about your country? Do you know anything about Abraham, Issac, Jacob? What about the minor and Major prophets? Know anything about them? It's called writing. Back in the old days the Jews had scribes. The Wise men knew where Jesus was to be born because of the scrolls the scribes left behind. The 10 commandments were written on stone slabs. It was written and then placed into the Arc of the covenant. All these things were passed down. Firstly by orators, then by scribes.
Doesn't prove a thing. You need to prove that the means through which God communicates to his people is the culmination of writings you call the Bible. All you did was prove Jews wrote down history and prophecies that were useful in very specific scenarios. However, this only proves that these writings are useful in specific scenarios, which is not the thing you need to prove. You need to prove that they are the general pillar by which God communicates to his people in the new covinent.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The bible traces the relationship between God and the Ancestor of the Jewish people. During that time God promised Abraham that through his seed which is Jesus Galatians 3:16. the promises have been made Galatians 3:39.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Then you surely must see that these writings were clearly a historical account of God, from the beginning, redeeming his chosen people but not only his people but all humanity from the Fall of Man which originated in the garden of Eden. But you probably don't know anything about that because you do not know your Word...

I may have to continue with this later because it is very late in my country at this tome and I gotta get some sleep.

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you surely must see that these writings were clearly a historical account of God, from the beginning, redeeming his chosen people but not only his people but all humanity from the Fall of Man which originated in the garden of Eden. But you probably don't know anything about that because you do not know your Word...

I may have to continue with this later because it is very late in my country at this tome and I gotta get some sleep.
Ok, but that doesn't prove they are the fountain from which all of God's sheep drink his word. Again, you fail to prove this. As for his word, I know Jesus the only word of God, but I have no idea what strange word you know.

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for informing the sheep as to who you really are. Time for you to slink away. I trust no one with any sense will bother continuing to respond to your nonsense.
The part you quoted said I proved myself to be a wolf to evildooers, which means I'm good. Anyways, enjoy your prayers in your time of need being blocked. God will never hear the words of a wretch like you

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If there is no condemnation for those in Christ, why do you even need to be forgiven in the first place? Why were the Corinthians punished for their desecration of the body? As for walking according to the Spirit, by what do you think the Spirit abides by? God is the answer. And what is the law but the will of God? Therefore you walk by the law since you walk by the Spirit and the Spirit walks by the will of God.
We need to recognise our need for forgiveness before we come to Christ and repent. Once we have done that we can 'approach God's throne of grace with confidence' (Hebrews 4:16) Before we were 'in Christ' we couldn't do that because we were sinners. Jesus took away our sin and made it possible to be reconciled to God.

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to recognise our need for forgiveness before we come to Christ and repent. Once we have done that we can 'approach God's throne of grace with confidence' (Hebrews 4:16) Before we were 'in Christ' we couldn't do that because we were sinners. Jesus took away our sin and made it possible to be reconciled to God.
No, Jesus didn't take away your ability to sin. Rather, he just made it so your sins could be forgiven. You still sin in Christ and still are condemned for that sin in Christ, but you are also forgiven from that condemnation in Christ. Also, do you even have any idea what being in Christ means. You look like a child spouting out ideas he can't even begin to fathom.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @RonaldMcjeraldMcjerald,

I can understand why @Angelina finds it hard to understand what you are trying to convey, because so do I. Your words appear to contradict one another. It could be that as Angelina has said, that she is from New Zealand, and that her perspective and manner of expression differs from your own, as mine does, living in the UK.

I hope I am misunderstanding you, for you appear to be saying that the sacrificial offering of Christ is not sufficient in itself to save me from my sin, and ensure me the gift of God which is eternal life through Jesus Christ my Lord. Is this true? Do you believe that the shedding of His blood was not sufficient to save to the uttermost those who come unto Him for salvatioin?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, Jesus didn't take away your ability to sin. Rather, he just made it so your sins could be forgiven. You still sin in Christ and still are condemned for that sin in Christ, but you are also forgiven from that condemnation in Christ. Also, do you even have any idea what being in Christ means. You look like a child spouting out ideas he can't even begin to fathom.
Ronald, if you go back and re-read my post you will see that I did not say that Jesus takes away our ability to sin. I am in Christ therefor there is no condemnation as I am a new creation. I have been 'in Christ' for over forty years, so yes I do know what it means. And the last sentence of your post is unkind and un warranted.

You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He cancelled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross. Colossians 2:13-15

Reactions: charity

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before Christ, the law was a curse to men since they could not stand up under it. However, Christ died so now man can stand up under the law through him. You may say that man can't stand up under the law even with Christ, so that is why his blood exists. However, how can this be true if you are full of Christ's righteousness and his righteousness is what allowed him to stand up under the law. Do you seriously have that little faith? Do you seriously think the righteousness of Christ, which allowed him to stand up under the law, can't do the same for you? Indeed, it can, so then why are you drinking and eating? Why are you fathoming various heavenly secrets when you're in no position to? You are not giving God the maximum when you can with Christ's righteousness. So how about you stop fathoming, understand that you can stand up under the law, and do it. As for the concept of why Christ's blood was poured out if though him Christians can be perfect, it's simple: many will fail when it comes to this path. Therefore, to ensure those who at their core love God yet due to their lackings fail, God poured out Christ's blood. The other reason it was poured out was because all men have fallen, so they need to be forgiven at least once. But that's it, at least once. It is said all men have fallen, but not that all men must keep falling. All men have fallen short, but with Christ that need not happen.
What law are you talking about? The cursed law that includes such things as not cutting the sides of your beard? My beard don't grow in good on the sides, so I shave that part. Will this send me to Hell?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ron,
Since your profile says we both live here in the same city, we will have to get together sometime after Mayor Kriseman opens a few places up. I just have to believe you are smarter than you sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Angelina