Why aren't you struggling with this question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP,
1 Timothy 1:5 "Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
1 Timothy 1:6 "From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
1 Timothy 1:7 "Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
1 Timothy 1:8 "But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine".

and our righteousness is found in Christ Jesus.

PICJAG.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the word of God is given to those of Christ through the Spirit inside them, not the bible. As for thy word, the only word of God I'm aware of is Jesus. As for the Bible, it was never even intended to exist. God gave Christians the spirit to guide them, not this book called the bible. However, various writings from various authors have been put together and the culmination of those writings has been called the basis of Christianity. It has become the spirit by which all Christians receive guidance, and this is problematic. Amountwise, very little of the spirit of God is contained in those writings, so to call it the whole of the spirit of God is problematic. If you take part and make it into a whole you add onto that part, and if that part wasn't meant to be added onto then you make a false whole. Nothing more needs to be said about this topic.

The Bible, a printed book, was never even intended to exist? What kind of power does God have? What kind of plan does God have for men? What kind of knowledge do you have? Why do you presume that God was not in the writing of words by men to explain His plan to those who did not know about the Spirit before they received the Spirit? Why do you presume that God has not worked in many ways to make people aware of Him and His Son, Jesus?

It is certainly so that men have been drawn to God when they have never had access to a written Bible. I knew one man who was illiterate in the only language he spoke, but he did know God! He also knew the contents of the Bible, which he had never read himself. Why do you try to limit God putting Him in the box formed by your own witness alone? You may know Him in part, but how big is He? How little do you or any other believer know of Him? What is happening in all of those things of God that are not part of your knowledge or belief?

Do you deny or disqualify the testimony of every person who loves God and has been led to Him by a means other than the one you espouse? Is your authority from the Holy Spirit within you? Probably everyone on this forum who says they believe in God also says that they have the Holy Spirit within them? Some of them may indeed be at least partially in error. Perhaps even all of them, but don't presume that you alone in having been drawn to God, while others claiming they learned something real while reading the Bible are liars. Every man is a liar to the extent he has less than all of the knowledge of God and speaks as if he had it all.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible, a printed book, was never even intended to exist?
Why are you and others tangling with this wolf, when he has already told you that is is out to destroy? That's the nature of wolves. They go after the sheep to devour them.

This is just like President Trump and his daily briefings. A total fiasco.
As President, he had absolutely no business tangling with those vicious media wolves. By doing so he simply demeaned himself and accomplished nothing. If a president wants the nation to know what a presidential policy is, he goes to the oval office and presents his policy to the world in a calm, systematic, and well-thought-out brief -- not to media hacks with gotcha questions.

The same applies to Christians who engage with trolls. They accomplish absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you and others tangling with this wolf, when he has already told you that is is out to destroy? That's the nature of wolves. They go after the sheep to devour them.

As President, he had absolutely no business tangling with those vicious media wolves. By doing so he simply demeaned himself and accomplished nothing. If a president wants the nation to know what a presidential policy is, he goes to the oval office and presents his policy to the world in a calm, systematic, and well-thought-out brief -- not to media hacks with gotcha questions.

The same applies to Christians who engage with trolls. They accomplish absolutely nothing.
I agree.... some. Even trolls "think", despite perhaps not wanting to. So, "Yes" avoid arguing in their game, but leave them with things to ponder.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What did Jesus accomplish when he "tangled" with the religious Scribes and Pharisees? Perhaps against them or for them nothing, but often there are listeners, observers or lurkers about.

I well remember when my recently deceased friend carried on an apparently fruitless, thankless discussion with a religious opponent, who it seemed would never even really listen much less be changed. When it was over the opponent was gone not to be seen again, but a nearby listener walked up to my friend and began to ask him serious interested questions about this Jesus they had been discussing... We may not know, but God certainly does!

There certainly is a time to be silent, but there is also a time to speak. Who decides which to do when?

Reactions: Joseph77

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm sorry guys, I'm with Enoch on this. Engaging with this guy on a give-and-take basis, is incorrect. He should be merely put in his place. I appreciate your stances about applying correction, and possibly influencing those around you, but one must change their demeanor depending on whom their talking to.

Jesus recognized folly and deceit immediately from his opponents, and always called them on it. Yes, he offered a truthful answer, like you're all proposing, but he did not speak to his antagonists in a pleasant or respectful tone, but always with assertiveness and often indignation. Again, depending on the intent of the detractors.

This guy is out-there, there is an arrogance and a foolhardiness that is perceived in his rhetoric and arguments. Not to mention the utter absurd and heretical views, and comprehension that he holds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph77

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF you don't deal well with overhwelming self righteousness, then how do you get along with yourself ;)? As for the Spirit of God, it should lead a person to God n

My goodness, you are wrong. I'm just going to prove you and her wrong in this one swoop. If you are not under law, then what do you consider the authority you are under. You are a servant, and a servant is under the master's authority. If the servant does not perform according to the master's authority, then the master kicks them out. You must work to appease the master. Salvation through faith and grace, not faith and grace is salvation. Faith and grace enables you to work twards appeasing the master, so you'd best get to it. Literally, what do you think the fruits so often eluded to in your new testiment are? Apples? No, they are works, the works of Christians in Christ. By your works you will be judged.
We are not servants to God....we are His children and He is our Father by adoption through His Son Jesus Christ and are now made joint heirs to the thrown of God, to His Kingdom. And as a Father, it is His job to teach us His ways, which is why He gave us The Spirit of Truth....for scripture says No man need teach you anything (that includes you) but the Holy Spirit will teach you and guide you into all truth.
That is what being led by the Spirit is all about....and as He leads us.....line upon line, precept upon precept, He teaches us the Father's way, helps us know the Father's mind and heart. And He is the one perfecting us until the coming of Christ....that good work He begun He performs.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm sorry guys, I'm with Enoch on this. Engaging with this guy on a give-and-take basis, is incorrect. He should be merely put in his place. I appreciate your stances about applying correction, and possibly influencing those around you, but one must change their demeanor depending on whom their talking to.

Jesus recognized folly and deceit immediately from his opponents, and always called them on it. Yes, he offered a truthful answer, like you're all proposing, but he did not speak to his antagonists in a pleasant or respectful tone, but always with assertiveness and often indignation. Again, depending on the intent of the detractors.

This guy is out-there, there is an arrogance and a foolhardiness that is perceived in his rhetoric and arguments. Not to mention the utter absurd and heretical views and comprehension, that he holds.

I personally do not think he is a troll. I think he is deeply confused. I think that he truly believes what he believes and I think he wants to go home [to heaven not his own home] I think we owe him the opportunity to untangle the tangle he has got himself into. If your not interested, that's fine....but some of us might be....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This guy is out-there, there is an arrogance and a foolhardiness that is perceived in his rhetoric and arguments. Not to mention the utter absurd and heretical views and comprehension, that he holds.
The man thus far has never spoken directly to me at all... so I would not include me in 'give-and-take' basis. I have only posted one post on this thread prior to this one.

Reactions: Willie T

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally do not think he is a troll. I think he is deeply confused. I think that he truly believes what he believes and I think he wants to go home [to heaven not his own home] I think we owe him the opportunity to untangle the tangle he has got himself into. If your not interested, that's fine....but some of us might be....
Even so!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He kinda reminds me of a Judaic Jew who has become a Messianic Jew and perhaps he still thinks that the Law of Moses still stands. IDK I certainly found it difficult to communicate with him but the above theory would then make a lot of sense...o_O
Yes, we have one member who I know pretty well on this forum whose beliefs run close to this. He also has several who come up strongly against him but he's been around a long time and certainly is no troll. Unorthodox perhaps, but I've been called worse than unorthodox today on this forum on another thread... We do what we can!

Reactions: Angelina

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he does, indeed, live in St. Petersburg as his profile seems to show, please encourage him to contact me directly. I'd like some face time with him.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he does, indeed, live in St. Petersburg as his profile seems to show, please encourage him to contact me directly. I'd like some face time with him.
Cool, but what if it is not just someone on drugs or alcohol or other addiction? What if it is a cult member/ jesuit/ or even just one of those groups who love to post such things on "Christian" websites/forum to get a 'good laugh' at everyone's expense? (they actually post their exploits on their own websites all the while laughing at their ability to get away with it so long, no matter how strange or vulgar they post abominations) .....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Excellent...well said.

big-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool, but what if it is not just someone on drugs or alcohol or other addiction? What if it is a cult member/ jesuit/ or even just one of those groups who love to post such things on "Christian" websites/forum to get a 'good laugh' at everyone's expense? (they actually post their exploits on their own websites all the while laughing at their ability to get away with it so long, no matter how strange or vulgar they post abominations) .....
Isn't that kind of who Jesus asked us to seek out? Actually, you were just describing about half of my therapy group members for a couple of decades, plus.

Reactions: amadeus

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a St. Petersburg in Russia also. Formerly Petrograd, then Leningrad.
Somehow, when he typed his location, it got fouled-up. And when you click on his "location", it comes up showing a map just a few miles from my house.
(I have no idea where he lives, but I suspect it is not where that map shows.)

Reactions: Helen

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you're making progress Angelina, fantastic, but I've seen no development or give from him on this thread, so far. He has not conceded a single point to you, or showed that he is even aware of your position. You told him that he was hard to understand, which he incredibly is, and he entirely dismissed it, no cooperation (at one point said it's because he's above us in intellect).
I don't think that he's a troll, but obstinate, defiant and heretical, yes. I think you're being slightly naive, possibly?

Last edited: