Why belief in a god is an unfalsifiable claim that serves no purpose

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
The willful ignoring of Romanov's clear citations of utterly appalling Catholic hatred towards LGBT by the many Fundies in this thread is embarrassing and telling. Really really poor show.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Think in modern terms mate, and regard Jesus as an alien with superhuman powers like he said..:)-
"I am not of this world ....though you do not believe me, believe the miracles.....i'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (John 8:23,John 10:38,Matt 13:35)

A "miracle" is nothing more than an act of science which some do not yet have the knowledge to understand. If we were to travel back in time to the Stone Age and take a pack of matches with us and started a fire, it would be seen as a miracle.

Jesus simply had access to the Philosopher's Stone which he used to heal the sick, revive the recently died, prevent himself from dying after being crucified and transmuting things. The lay people of the time didn't know about it or understand it. Hence it seemed a miracle.

The Stone was and is the most precious thing to humans as it bestows full health and immortality. A real shame then that Jesus and his disciples chose to keep this thing for themselves and not give it to all men and women. Had he done so we would all be free and healthy. As it is we all suffer, get sick and die. How very loving !

Proverbs 3:13-20: "Happy is the man that findeth wisdom [i.e. The Stone], and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou
canst desire are not to be compared unto her. Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. Her ways are
ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that

retaineth her. "

Revelation 2:17: "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of
the hidden manna
, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it."

The Stone remains concealed from mankind, jealously guarded by the very privileged few who have it and who enjoy perfect health and immortality here on Earth. So has it always been. Noah had it, Jesus had it, the Egyptians had it. All the way through history a privileged few had it but failed to give it to all mankind. We are a slave race, totally expendable and made that way by these selfish people who keep the prize for themselves.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look how butthurt you are. Did a priest hug you too many times as a child?

View attachment 27813

View attachment 27814

"Butthurt"??

You seem to be obsessed with that region of the anatomy . . .
As to the ridiculously LARGE images you provided from all of your favorite LQBTQ-ex-pi-al-i-docious publications - they are as misleading and dishonest as everything else you post.

The priest was merely stating what the Old Testament says about homosexual behavior under the Mosaic Law (Gen. 19:1-11, Leviticus 18:22, Lev. 20:13, Judges 19:16-24, 1 Kings 14:24, 1 Kings 15:12, 2 Kings 23:7) where it is flatly condemned. In case you didn't get the memo - or are too lazy to crack open a Bible - we are NOT bound by that Law (Rom. 7:14, Col. 2:16-17, Heb. 10:1, Gal 4:4-5).

As for any so-called Christian that calls for the “killing” of homosexuals – that are as anti-Christian as anyone who claims to follow Christ and supports Abortion.

Those who engage in the sort of behavior being practiced by the “LGBTQ++++, etc” community have enough to worry about on Judgement Day . . .

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus simply had access to the Philosopher's Stone which he used to heal the sick, revive the recently died, prevent himself from dying after being crucified and transmuting things. ...A real shame then that Jesus and his disciples chose to keep this thing for themselves and not give it to all men and women..

But what would have been their motive for wanting to keep it for themselves?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The willful ignoring of Romanov's clear citations of utterly appalling Catholic hatred towards LGBT by the many Fundies in this thread is embarrassing and telling. Really really poor show.

I'm non-denominational and I don't think any true christian hates LGBT's, but what we do hate is the way it's being pushed on our kids and told it's "normal"..;)
PS- I once applied to be a volunteer at a local charity shop even though I knew the manager was gay, but I didn't mind because he was a nice friendly chap.
However he told me "Sorry, i've got all the volunteers I need at the moment".
Huh you try to be nice (sniffle)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A "miracle" is nothing more than an act of science which some do not yet have the knowledge to understand..

Yay, so Jesus had knowledge of a 'Superscience' that we know zilch about, which makes him a member of a super-intelligent alien race..:)
He also said WE could do that miracle stuff too ("move mountains") if we had the knack, how kool is that..:cool:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But what would have been their motive for wanting to keep it for themselves?
Power over other people. Ego. The usual.

People liked to voluntarily follow JC because he blew the snooty power-mad jewish priests out of the water..:)
"Large crowds from Galilee, the Ten Cities, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him" (Matt 4:25)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)

HIGH PRIEST- "Jesus of Nazareth, alias the Christ, the Messiah and the Son of God, you stand accused of upsetting us real bad, how do you plead?"
JESUS- "On yer bike Jack!"
rel-jesus-point.jpg

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Yay, so Jesus had knowledge of a 'Superscience' that we know zilch about, which makes him a member of a super-intelligent alien race..:)
He also said WE could do that miracle stuff too ("move mountains") if we had the knack, how kool is that..:cool:

No it just makes Jesus simply another in a long line of people who have exploited the Stone for themselves at the expense of humanity.

If you come across a Star Trek Phaser and thereby have immense power to kill or stun people at will that doesn't make you either super intelligent or alien. It simply means you are fortunate and privileged. Millions of people make cups of tea with their kettles each day without understanding how the thing actually works. Jesus had the Stone, unquestionably. That's why the Bible talks about it so much noth literally and allegorically. The Stone provides perfect health and long life by providing the body wth all the energy it needs to function normally. The body as we all know heals itself but for us it takes a long time. With unlimited energy of the Stone it happens extremely quickly. This also means a person doesn't need to eat or drink to survive any more as they already have all the energy they need from the Stone. Jesus had the Stone. Everything relating to him in the Bible confirms it.

He went into the wilderness for 40 day and nights and survived with nothing. How? The Stone. He did not need food or water. The Stone also protects you from the extremes of heat and cold, another reason he survived in the wilderness.

But he kept this great prize and secret for himself and his closest allies. His disciples.

Luke 8:10 "And he said, To you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see…"

This is the truth. Like so many others Jesus kept the prize for himself. He didn't explain "the mysteries of the kingdom" to everyone else. Had he done so everyone would live in perfect health and enjoy immortality. Instead we all have to suffer and die. This is not love. This is not freedom. It is wicked and evil to keep the most precious thing to mankind for yourself and watch others perish and suffer from the myriad of debilitating diseases and ailments. In time the Stone WILL come to all men. However because of selfish people through the course of history, millions upon millions will suffer and die needlessly.

Last edited:

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
People liked to voluntarily follow JC because he blew the snooty power-mad jewish priests out of the water..:)
"Large crowds from Galilee, the Ten Cities, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him" (Matt 4:25)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)

No, they followed him because of what he could do (though they didn't realise how he actually did it)

Matthew 12:15
"But Jesus, aware of this, withdrew from there. Many followed Him, and He healed them all"

Mark 3:7
"But Jesus withdrew himself with his disciples to the sea: and a great multitude from Galilee followed him, and from Judaea, 8 And from Jerusalem, and from Idumaea, and from beyond Jordan; and they about Tyre and Sidon, a great multitude, when they had heard what great things he did, came unto him"

John 6:2
"And a great multitude followed him, because they saw his miracles which he did on them that were diseased."

Essentially jesus set himself up as a great wizard who could easily fool the masses with the special tech he had access to. Rather than be honest and explain what he had and how it worked he instead pretended to be a miracle worker and made himself a celebrity and then crafted a cult like sect from it all.

Again if this man had any love for mankind he would have given the Stone to all freely and honestly.

Jesus: "I've got the elixir of life buddy, it's mine and if you want a slice of it you'll do whatever I say and follow me otherwise you can rot and die!"

Jesus.png

Last edited:

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
"Butthurt"??

You seem to be obsessed with that region of the anatomy . . .
As to the ridiculously LARGE images you provided from all of your favorite LQBTQ-ex-pi-al-i-docious publications - they are as misleading and dishonest as everything else you post.

The priest was merely stating what the Old Testament says about homosexual behavior under the Mosaic Law (Gen. 19:1-11, Leviticus 18:22, Lev. 20:13, Judges 19:16-24, 1 Kings 14:24, 1 Kings 15:12, 2 Kings 23:7) where it is flatly condemned. In case you didn't get the memo - or are too lazy to crack open a Bible - we are NOT bound by that Law (Rom. 7:14, Col. 2:16-17, Heb. 10:1, Gal 4:4-5).

As for any so-called Christian that calls for the “killing” of homosexuals – that are as anti-Christian as anyone who claims to follow Christ and supports Abortion.

Those who engage in the sort of behavior being practiced by the “LGBTQ++++, etc” community have enough to worry about on Judgement Day . . .
Oooooo “jUdGemEnT dAy”. Damn they got you so good with their scare tactics. You do realize that there will be judgement day for you in 2000 other religions too right? Oh wait, they’re all nonsense only -yours- is correct right? The only reason you think they’re dishonest is because you’re a victim-blaming bigot. There’s also a reason Catholic priests have earned the reputation for being some of the biggest pedophiles.

And abortion is perfectly viable as it’s the mother’s body. The fetus is mostly parasitic and isn’t to be treated like a fully born human being as many things can go wrong at birth. Most people here in the U.S. support abortion. It’s only sick folks like you who would force a teenage rape victim to give birth all because your little book and imaginary sky daddy doesn’t allow it. Most people like you just talk, but they wouldn’t adopt any children of their own-instead they make excuses about how hard it is.

Reactions: Lapidem

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What a joyless creed driving priests to molest children.

B15F7FB8-F047-4A1C-916D-173F319485ED.jpeg

6E5F4BAA-C223-4159-B0A5-BCE0DBFE813E.jpeg

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just for a second, say to yourself "If I believe in God, is there anything I would change?"

Even if you can't think of something to begin with, the Holy Spirit will ultimately get to you?

Why would you want the Holy Spirit to "get" you, that is another question for another place?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, they followed him because of what he could do (though they didn't realise how he actually did it)
Essentially jesus set himself up as a great wizard who could easily fool the masses with the special tech he had access to...
Again if this man had any love for mankind he would have given the Stone to all freely and honestly.

Jesus and the disciples never died as rich men, and never lived in palaces, so that debunks your theory.. :p
And what's this "Stone" you keep talking about, how big was it and where is it now?

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus and the disciples never died as rich men, and never lived in palaces, so that debunks your theory.. :p
And what's this "Stone" you keep talking about, how big was it and where is it now?
Feigning ignorance does you no favours.

And if you don't know or understand what the Philosopher's Stone is or the "Tree Of Life" or "Pearl Of Great Price" then you don't understand your Bible

Material riches mean absolutely nothing when you have the greatest riches of all, perfect health and immortality. It comes with enlightenment, heightened intellect and senses. Your thinking that the holders of the Stone must be people seeking wealth and material riches simply reflects your own carnal earthly state and values. You have not understood the message. You have neither eyes to see nor ears to hear. You must first "empty your cup" of all this pious religious nonsense you fill your life gaps with.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a special place 16" below the mind that serves a great purpose for my experience in God... If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

Unfortunately, though, the light and the darkness interact here on planet Earth...Comparing the light and the darkness, the opposite of E/c2 would be z (absolute zero)/ d (darkness)...

Natural z/d - Nothing, empty space.
Mental z/d - Again nothing but empty space.
Spiritual z/d - z (laziness, coldness, hatred) / d (fear, despair, greed, sorrow)

A correct spiritual E/c2 is an important ally to any faith. Which is why I became a Christian, because I found something of spiritual value. But… Because the mind and the heart are 16” apart… One can understand intellectually and still miss it spiritually…

“It is the heart which perceives God and not the reason. That is what faith is: God perceived by the heart, not by the reason.” - Blaise Pascal

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oooooo “jUdGemEnT dAy”. Damn they got you so good with their scare tactics. You do realize that there will be judgement day for you in 2000 other religions too right? Oh wait, they’re all nonsense only -yours- is correct right? The only reason you think they’re dishonest is because you’re a victim-blaming bigot. There’s also a reason Catholic priests have earned the reputation for being some of the biggest pedophiles.

And abortion is perfectly viable as it’s the mother’s body.
The fetus is mostly parasitic and isn’t to be treated like a fully born human being as many things can go wrong at birth. Most people here in the U.S. support abortion. It’s only sick folks like you who would force a teenage rape victim to give birth all because your little book and imaginary sky daddy doesn’t allow it. Most people like you just talk, but they wouldn’t adopt any children of their own-instead they make excuses about how hard it is.
“Victim blaming”??
Which “victims” have I blamed? Please LIST them for me.
Sexual deviants aren’t “victims”, son – but I certainly don’t demand that they be murdered as YOU claimed. . .

As to your idiotic and woefully-inept comments about abortion - don’t feel like you’re alone here. MOST of the ignorami that I converse with on the subject are as clueless as you . . .

Your idiotic claim that a woman can kill her baby because “it’s the mother’s body is about the most asinine and scientifically-bankrupt statement you’ve made so far – and that is saying a LOT.”
NOT big on medical facts, are ya?

A fetus is living being with a heartbeat, generates his own blood, has as complex a nervous system as any living person and can feel pain. To kill an innocent human being – for WHATEVER reason is murder. – no matter HOW much you try to rationalize it. Do youre homewotk before you embarrass yourself any further.

Anyway – if you’re part of the LGBTQ++++ crowd – why do YOU care about abortion “rights”? You guys don’t procreate.

As to your baseless claims about abortion in cases of rape or incest – they account for less than ONE PERCENT (.95%). The BULK of abortions – 99% are done in the name of convenience and moral relativism.
Abortion is THE most efficient killing machine in the history of the world. There are almost as many children murdered worldwide in a single year as were killed during WWII. To kill an innocent child fir ANY reasin is murder - no matter HOW much a moral relativist lke YOU tries to rationalize it away.

And you lefties whine about COVID . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Illuminator

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
As to your idiotic and woefully-inept comments about abortion - don’t feel like you’re alone here. MOST of the ignorami that I converse with on the subject are as clueless as you . . .
Irony

Your idiotic claim that a woman can kill her baby because “it’s the mother’s body is about the most asinine and scientifically-bankrupt statement you’ve made so far – and that is saying a LOT.”
NOT big on medical facts, are ya?

A fetus is living being with a heartbeat, generates his own blood, has as complex a nervous system as any living person and can feel pain. To kill an innocent human being – for WHATEVER reason is murder. – no matter HOW much you try to rationalize it. Do youre homewotk before you embarrass yourself any further.

So before I expose your own ignorance on this issue I should first say that your style of response to the other poster here is woefully unrepresentative of what one would expect from a loving Christian. You might want to step back for a short period and consider what your hateful attitude is signalling to other readers here.

And so to abortion and science.

The FACTS are that :

1. An embryo has no brain, no nervous system, no sentience, can feel no pain. It cannot survive by itself as a separate organism. In many ways it is akin to a brain dead adult being kept alive on a life-support machine. I would hazard a guess that you would callously like to force all such people to be kept artificially alive on those machines instead of compassionately releasing the trapped body and soul from it's prison with zero quality of life.

2. A foetus doesn't have any brain for at least the first 8 weeks of pregnancy and then it takes weeks for it to fully develop and start to actually function as a brain. The nervous system similarly takes many weeks to develop. During this period, what you have is PATENTLY NOT a human being but rather a human organism that is under development. Like the embryo, the foetus cannot survive by itself. It is a parasite totally dependent on the woman carrying it.

In many ways a human sperm is more of a complete human organism than an embryo or foetus.

A sperm can survive by itself
A sperm is a life form
A sperm has human DNA so is a human organism / life form
A sperm has senses with which it can seek out and find a female egg
A sperm can swim, purposely and deliberately.
A sperm can instigate the process of creating new life

An embryo or foetus can do none of the above. It is a human organism but of extremely limited value at that point in time.

Anti-abortion zealots love to play to emotion and play with English language terms frequently citing "human", "person", "Human being", "baby" etc. They do this because they have absolutely no evidential foundation for their extremist views. They also very conveniently ignore the screaming hypocrisy of worshipping a God that is a baby killer, child killer, unborn child killer and who is genocidal whilst themselves professing to be pro-life. You couldn't make it up really!

The abortion laws in the UK make abortion legal so long as the pregnancy is no more than 24 weeks established. This makes perfect sense because until that point you're not dealing with an actual human being. You're dealing with a human organism that to any sane and critical thinking person does not remotely have the same intrinsic value as an adult human. Using terms like "murder" is particularly offensive and akin to hate speech for which people should be jailed in the same way that they would for speaking racial hatred.

I'm extremely glad to be living in the UK and not the various Authoritarian States of the USA who have gone back to the Dark Ages.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Philosophers Stone....Material riches mean absolutely nothing when you have the greatest riches of all, perfect health and immortality..

Jesus was executed by the snooty priests and bonehead romans, then most of the disciples were executed later, so that stone thing didn't help them much did it..;)

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Irony

So before I expose your own ignorance on this issue I should first say that your style of response to the other poster here is woefully unrepresentative of what one would expect from a loving Christian. You might want to step back for a short period and consider what your hateful attitude is signalling to other readers here.

And so to abortion and science.

The FACTS are that :

1. An embryo has no brain, no nervous system, no sentience, can feel no pain. It cannot survive by itself as a separate organism. In many ways it is akin to a brain dead adult being kept alive on a life-support machine. I would hazard a guess that you would callously like to force all such people to be kept artificially alive on those machines instead of compassionately releasing the trapped body and soul from it's prison with zero quality of life.

2. A foetus doesn't have any brain for at least the first 8 weeks of pregnancy and then it takes weeks for it to fully develop and start to actually function as a brain. The nervous system similarly takes many weeks to develop. During this period, what you have is PATENTLY NOT a human being but rather a human organism that is under development. Like the embryo, the foetus cannot survive by itself. It is a parasite totally dependent on the woman carrying it.

In many ways a human sperm is more of a complete human organism than an embryo or foetus.

A sperm can survive by itself
A sperm is a life form
A sperm has human DNA so is a human organism / life form
A sperm has senses with which it can seek out and find a female egg
A sperm can swim, purposely and deliberately.
A sperm can instigate the process of creating new life

An embryo or foetus can do none of the above.
A sperm is not an unborn baby.
It is a human organism but of extremely limited value at that point in time.
An embryo or foetus has potential to develop into a full grown adult human being, that alone gives them value.
Anti-abortion zealots love to play to emotion and play with English language terms frequently citing "human", "person", "Human being", "baby" etc. They do this because they have absolutely no evidential foundation for their extremist views. They also very conveniently ignore the screaming hypocrisy of worshipping a God that is a baby killer, child killer, unborn child killer and who is genocidal whilst themselves professing to be pro-life. You couldn't make it up really!
Your view of God is based on insanity, which is a separate discussion.
The abortion laws in the UK make abortion legal so long as the pregnancy is no more than 24 weeks established. This makes perfect sense because until that point you're not dealing with an actual human being. You're dealing with a human organism that to any sane and critical thinking person does not remotely have the same intrinsic value as an adult human. Using terms like "murder" is particularly offensive and akin to hate speech for which people should be jailed in the same way that they would for speaking racial hatred.

I'm extremely glad to be living in the UK and not the various Authoritarian States of the USA who have gone back to the Dark Ages.
Women who had undergone an abortion experienced an 81% increased risk of mental health problems, and nearly 10% of the incidence of mental health problems was shown to be attributable to abortion. The strongest subgroup estimates of increased risk occurred when abortion was compared with term pregnancy and when the outcomes pertained to substance use and suicidal behaviour.
Conclusions
This review offers the largest quantitative estimate of mental health risks associated with abortion available in the world literature. Calling into question the conclusions from traditional reviews, the results revealed a moderate to highly increased risk of mental health problems after abortion. Consistent with the tenets of evidence-based medicine, this information should inform the delivery of abortion services. (fat chance)

TypeReview article
Information
The British Journal of Psychiatry , Volume 199 , Issue 3 , September 2011 , pp. 180 - 186
DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.bp.110.077230[Opens in a new window]
Copyright
Copyright © Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2011

Is the British Journal of Psychiatry in the dark ages too???

1671841432289.png

Project Rachel is a ministry based on scripture, through which you can experience the love, mercy, and forgiveness of our Lord Jesus Christ.

When you have had an abortion experience, you need a time to grieve your loss and reflect on your feelings of regret and sorrow. Project Rachel is here to help you do that through a nine-week support group in a supportive and confidential environment.

Project Rachel offers:​

• Complete confidentiality
  • A safe place to tell your story about your abortion
  • A chance to hear other women’s stories of healing
  • Learning how other women have received forgiveness, healing, and peace
  • Tools to learn how, with God’s grace, you can accept forgiveness
  • Atmosphere of complete acceptance and trust
  • A process for healing
  • Referrals to professional counselors

Our Staff​

We have facilitators trained in the support process who will help you to understand and work through the unrest you have been experiencing. We are here to listen to you and help you through your pain.

Priests, ordained ministers, and other professionals are available for counseling.

Testimonials​

pixel.png

“It really hurt to talk about my abortion in the beginning. But it’s worth going through it. It is a gradual healing and by the end you’re glad you went through it.”

“I was 16, pregnant, scared, confused, and felt very alone. I believed an abortion was the only way to make things normal again. Over the years, the guilt turned into depression.

Almost 20 years later, Project Rachel saved me mentally and spiritually. The program helped me to do the one thing I thought was impossible. I forgave myself.”

“Because of the support Project Rachel offered to me, I am now living with a peaceful soul in a world of light and beauty rather than hiding with overwhelming shame in a dark cave of guilt.”

Next Steps​

Contact us to learn more about how Project Rachel can help you find healing and peace. All support is confidential.

Contact Us

[email protected]
(907) 297-7781

Last edited: