Why belief in a god is an unfalsifiable claim that serves no purpose

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
And again, your silly pictures are not remotely reepresentative of Jesus. Do you have a problem accepting that Jesus was brown skinned? or that he was likely gay?

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus2.png

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FWIW, this little girl claims to have seen visions of Jesus and painted him at the age of 9. As you can see she is white and she painted Jesus as being darker complected and no white Christians cared that she didn't paint him as being white.

Excerpt from article about her:
At the age of 4, Akiane, who was born in Morris, Illinois, began seeing visions of Jesus, heaven, and creation. She started sketching the images she saw and write poetry at age four, eventually advancing to oil paints and acrylics to create stunning, religious-themed images.

“I am a self-taught painter,” she told Children’s Digest. “God is my teacher.”

In 2003 she appeared on the Oprah Show to discuss her work. Akiana, then 9, displayed her “favorite” painting; an oil portrayal of Jesus simply titled, “The Jesus Picture.” Upon Oprah asking Akiane where her gift came from, the young girl simply responded, “from God.”

1672064073681.png

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again your language and hatred is appalling for a so-called Christian. You are nothing of the sort.
So, YOU, as an anti-Christian should be allowed to attack me for MY beliefs – and I’m not allowed to respond in kind?
And you DON’T see the utter hypocrisy in that? And your manner of speaking is equally repulsive, and unwarranted.
Remember – it was YOU who attacked me FIRST.

I didn’t come after you for your beliefs – YOU came after ME - and got taken to the proverbial woodshed . . .
Here's some data on miscarriages:

"Spontaneous abortion, also known as miscarriage, is defined as the loss of pregnancy less than 20 weeks gestation. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) estimates it is the most common form of pregnancy loss. It is estimated that as many as 26% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage and up to 10% of clinically recognized pregnancies."

Nothing happens without the hand and will of God. Seems then that he is the biggest murderer of unborn babies. This is on top of the myriad of babies, unborn babies, embryos, foetuses and children, men and women that the OT records him murdering. But I guess you just gloss over that inconvenient problem right?
Maybe He is sparing them from corruption from the like of YOU.

At least when they’re babies – they never get a chance to become corrupted by the world. He created you – so HE is in charge.

If YOU wanna go to war with God – all I can say is Good luck”.
But, the fact that you can’t recognize the mercy of God – although NOT surprising – speaks VOLUMES . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus lived 1000s of years ago and the testimonies you base your belief on were written 100s of years after he lived.
It's also extremely likely that he was gay
Jesus's Bride is the Church - bur how could YOU be expected to know that in the depths of your ignorance?

And YOU accuse ME of beig offenseve?
I'm fortunate because the only persome I'M battling with here is YOU. YOU have an infinitely more powerful enemy in God . . .

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There aren’t the entities Christians and Anti-Christians.
There are the thoughts, Christians and Anti-Christians.
The battle is only ever within, with “your” “self”.
(Thoughts).

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There aren’t the entities Christians and Anti-Christians.
There are the thoughts, Christians and Anti-Christians.
The battle is only ever within, with “your” “self”.
(Thoughts).
If you are anti-God and anti-Life – then, you are anti-CHRIST.

This is the very definition of “Anti-Christian”.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are anti-God and anti-Life – then, you are anti-CHRIST.

This is the very definition of “Anti-Christian”.
You’re not quite yet getting what’s being said. There are the thoughts God & anti-God, Life & anti-Life, Christ & anti-Christ… but there aren’t these entities. That there are these entities is only beliefs, or, the believing of thoughts.

Notice you could say “You’re _____, _____, _____ and _____ or _____”… and whatever’s in those blanks, is thoughts… not Me.

You know as much about yourself as you do about me.
Literally, absolutely, nothing.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re not quite yet getting what’s being said. There are the thoughts God & anti-God, Life & anti-Life, Christ & anti-Christ… but there aren’t these entities. That there are these entities is only beliefs, or, the believing of thoughts.

Notice you could say “You’re _____, _____, _____ and _____ or _____”… and whatever’s in those blanks, is thoughts… not Me.

You know as much about yourself as you do about me.
Literally, absolutely, nothing.
Sounds like you’ve confused yourself in an effort to appear philosophical.
We are ALL entities by definition who are products of what we have chosen to believe AND practice.

Just as the old saying, “You ARE what you EAT” – you thoughts, opinions and attitude ARE what you have become.
There are fat entities, thin entities, black entities, tall entities, hateful entities, etc.
A person who eats too much IS a glutton.
A person is against eating meat IS a vegetarian – OR vegan..
A person who performs abortions IS an abortionist.

And a person who is against Christ IS an Anti-Christ.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 Corinthinans 1:27 "God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise"

God is less of a mystery to me - as a scribe - but He is still a mystery.

If I am honest with myself, it is my ego that gets in the way of me believing (or trusting) more.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am honest with myself, it is my ego that gets in the way of me believing (or trusting) more.
Indeed. The ego is the though one. As humans, we tend to have a God complex. See Original Sin.

Atheists embrace the God complex big time. For instance, he claims God is unfalsifiable. Not true. All they have to do is what the figment of our imagination did in Genesis:
  1. Create a universe
  2. Create life
  3. Create the means by which man can be freed and redeemed by defeating death (heel of the women striking the serpent's head), e.g., kill what is alive and bring it back to life again in an incorruptible, eternal body.
I've long asserted that not only is Atheism, theistic in nature, it is also a negating world view. It does not assert a positive thesis upon which to live. It asserts a negative thesis upon which NOT to live.

It explains why atheists are so depressed and angry. They are their own god and they know, deep down inside that their god is not much to get excited about.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..Do you have a problem accepting that Jesus was brown skinned? or that he was likely gay?

We can debunk that by pointing out that Judas had to lead the temple guards to Jesus in Gethsemane and point him out, but if Jesus had been brown or gay, Judas would simply have said "You don't need me to show you where he is, he's that black effeminate bloke in Gethsemane, you can't miss him"..:)

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
We can debunk that by pointing out that Judas had to lead the temple guards to Jesus in Gethsemane and point him out, but if Jesus had been brown or gay, Judas would simply have said "You don't need me to show you where he is, he's that black effeminate bloke in Gethsemane, you can't miss him"..:)

So you're saying there were no dark skinned people in Gethsemane ? You're evidence for this please?