Why Can't Women Become Priests?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...
Leviticus 21:16-23 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, [17] Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. [18] For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, [19] Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, [20] Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken; [21] No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God. [22] He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy. [23] Only he shall not go in unto the vail, Hebrews 10:19-22)nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the Lord do sanctify them.

Or crookbackt...Luke 13:10-13 And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. [11] And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. [12] And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. [13] And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.
Oh let the Lord be praised . Victory is in JESUS .

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A book is not a God.
1. And man is not the final authority.
2. The Bible is not the final authority.
3. God is the final authority.

Point 1, I am well aware of that.

As far as 2 and 3: I try to follow Jesus teaching, which is found in the Bible.
And since He is God, and since His teaching are in the Bible, that is for me
the final authority.

And as far as certain issues that are not covered in the New Testament
I would say it takes common sense and prayer.
The Holy Spirit will provide
guidance. Seems to me there are lots of people without common sense
these days. And that has been predicted in scripture:
2 Timothy 3:1-5
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as 2 and 3: I try to follow Jesus teaching, which is found in the Bible.
And since He is God, and since His teaching are in the Bible, that is for me
the final authority.

Well this is why I am not a fundamentalist...Protestants have interpreted Jesus' teachings 30,000 different ways. And the Bible is not Christ's last words. Any time you say that an inanimate object is the final authority...Idolatry. You hold the Bible over 2000 years of God interacting with people, as if He died or was of no affect after the biblically era.

And as far as certain issues that are not covered in the New Testament
I would say it takes common sense and prayer.
The Holy Spirit will provide guidance. Seems to me there are lots of people without common sense these days. And that has been predicted in scripture:

This is the issue...God dare not say anything or it is evil...He better shut His mouth and sit in a corner. The Bible was His last words and testament...sounds like an obituary.

2 Timothy 3:1-5
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power.

Does this include God....He better keep His mouth shut or this scripture applies to Him?

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
oops, that was badly said on my part. It should have gone like this; the woman to be the wife of one man. Not to be rude or disrespectful but seeing you've done so much study I'd a thought you'd figured out my bumbled expression.

The amount of study done has no bearing on your mistakes.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the matter of staying on topic needs to be given some rope.....and that's not to hang oneself with but rather to express thoughts that arise out of the process of conversation which diverge from the OP.
The attention span of most is relatively short at the best of times. Ideas ingested or dismissed generally takes time.....here a little, there a little. If it's not done through the process of formal study, it's done through exposure to stuff in and to the rough and tumble of life.

When Iwas doing my teaching degree at uni, the educational experts said that the average attention span was 20 minutes. That being the case, one has to take that in consideration when teaching, which I did, bit by bit to enable the listener to learn. Sadly the church has ignored this advice and generaly preaches for 30, 40, 50 60 minutes. What that means is that all of the sermon after 20 minutes is forgotten and also the first 20 minutes as well so the whole sermon is a complete waste of time.

I have asked people what the sermon was like this morning and they have said "wonderful." Then I asked what it was about? Usually the reply is "I can't remember but it was wonderful." Another wasted morning.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I blame the Church. The RCC. Ask them.
I think their answer might go along the lines of sticking to tradition. And there weren't any female apostles or evangelists. Something like that. Breaking with tradition would be apostasy. Apparently. Pragmatically speaking of course, they have no argument.

Who would you say they'd call Ruth , Deborah , and Esther