Why Can't Women Become Priests?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you mean by the world that we live in now, where abortion, homosexuality, Trans, etc, etc, are defined for us as being "morally" right, and the Holy Bible outdated? EVERYTHING that we need has been defined and addressed in the Holy Bible.

Most of the amoral things you mentioned were never really Christian.

The Living Word of God continued to teach us long after the biblical era.
I think that most Christians understand that you are going to have to defend yourself and your country.
I think that most Christians understand now that slavery is not moral.
I think that most Christians understand now that polygamy is not moral.
I think that most Christians understand now that the subjugation of women is not moral.
I think that most Christians understand now that women should not be taken in marriage without their consent.
All these things came out long after the biblical era.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All these things came out long after the biblical era

so the Bible is not sufficent for what we need to know of God's Will to us? We now have humans telling us that the Bible is wrong on issues like women Pastors/Teaches, and that the godless world is right? The roles of men and women are very clearly set forth in the Bible, where women are "subordinates", and ONLY men are said to be the "head" of the woman. never the other way around. Wives are told to "obey" their husbands, never the other way around. Just because you might not like what the Bible does say on women in the Church, and in the world, does not mean that it is outdated. I have nothing to "defend" for myself of my country! I have the Infallible, Unchanging Word of Almighty God as my Guide.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so the Bible is not sufficent for what we need to know of God's Will to us? We now have humans telling us that the Bible is wrong on issues like women Pastors/Teaches, and that the godless world is right? The roles of men and women are very clearly set forth in the Bible, where women are "subordinates", and ONLY men are said to be the "head" of the woman. never the other way around. Wives are told to "obey" their husbands, never the other way around. Just because you might not like what the Bible does say on women in the Church, and in the world, does not mean that it is outdated. I have nothing to "defend" for myself of my country! I have the Infallible, Unchanging Word of Almighty God as my Guide.

so the Bible is not sufficent for what we need to know of God's Will to us?
Nope. It was never intended to be God's last words. 2000 years of God communicating with people.

We now have humans telling us that the Bible is wrong on issues like women Pastors/Teaches,
I am going to say that God continued to teach us a better way.

The roles of men and women are very clearly set forth in the Bible, where women are "subordinates", and ONLY men are said to be the "head" of the woman. never the other way around. Wives are told to "obey" their husbands, never the other way around.

And that was wrong....but too much to change for the time period as was slavery and polygamy.

I have nothing to "defend" for myself of my country! I have the Infallible, Unchanging Word of Almighty God as my Guide.

The cowardly always have that to fall back on. Interestingly enough that God so detested cowardice that the Hebrew word for it does not appear in the OT and usually Yahweh started out a conversation with...do not fear.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nope. It was never intended to be God's last words. 2000 years of God communicating with people.

so WHY accept that only the Holy Bible IS the Word of God? How about the books of the hundreds of religions in this world? You are denying that the 66 Books in the Holy Bible, ALONE is the Word of God to the human race, which makes your position hopeless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so WHY accept that only the Holy Bible IS the Word of God? How about the books of the hundreds of religions in this world? You are denying that the 66 Books in the Holy Bible, ALONE is the Word of God to the human race, which makes your position hopeless!

I am saying that God did not retire after the biblical era...nor was He gagged and tied up in a corner. Who could do such a thing and would God allow it?
The NT is an abbreviated account of the first 65 years of Christianity. It is what it is. After that, there is 2000 years of God's interaction with people. Even Christ accounted for this, telling His apostles that after He left that the Holy Spirit would continue on.

John 16:5-15 "But I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I am leaving; for if I do not leave, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. And He, when He comes, will convict the world regarding sin, and righteousness, and judgment: regarding sin, because they do not believe in Me; and regarding righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you no longer are going to see Me; and regarding judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."

I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them at the present time. But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take from Mine and will disclose it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine; this is why I said that He takes from Mine and will disclose it to you."

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

This is the second time that Christ explained to His Apostles that He had more to say to them, but that they could not bear it at the time.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you mean by the world that we live in now, where abortion, homosexuality, Trans, etc, etc, are defined for us as being "morally" right, and the Holy Bible outdated? EVERYTHING that we need has been defined and addressed in the Holy Bible.
This is why my continual plea for all , is that we simply return to the bible . if we would just learn that JESUS and learn
also what the apostels wrote we could and would grow in the true grace of God .
The grace that brings salvation and teaches us to deny all ungodliness and wordly lusts
and to be living soberly , righteously and godly in this world . hastning unto the coming of our Lord .
Reading the bible can and will make clear what many men have made very cloudy and confusing .
The scriptures indeed will make one wise unto salvation through his or her faith IN JESUS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saying that God did not retire after the biblical era...nor was He gagged and tied up in a corner. Who could do such a thing and would God allow it?
The NT is an abbreviated account of the first 65 years of Christianity. It is what it is. After that, there is 2000 years of God's interaction with people. Even Christ accounted for this, telling His apostles that after He left that the Holy Spirit would continue on.

John 16:5-15 "But I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I am leaving; for if I do not leave, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. And He, when He comes, will convict the world regarding sin, and righteousness, and judgment: regarding sin, because they do not believe in Me; and regarding righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you no longer are going to see Me; and regarding judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."

I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them at the present time. But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take from Mine and will disclose it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine; this is why I said that He takes from Mine and will disclose it to you."

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

This is the second time that Christ explained to His Apostles that He had more to say to them, but that they could not bear it at the time.

This is a simple reminder and not an accusation against anyone here .
Its true that GOD has not been bound . He still operates today . In fact in the bible it is recorded
that john said , and many other things HE did that not even the books of the world could contain .
BUT , here is the REMINDER . IF anything is taught , spoken , heard as though by the Spirit ,
and yet what is told contradicts what is already written and recorded in the bible , then its another spirit , its the tempter .
Satan is full of wordly wisdom as the bible says . And he knows how to deceive and allure .
Thus , while we know GOD is not bound and that even today lambs can recieve and hear a word by the SPIRIT .
That word must always be tested . AND if it DOES indeed contradict what was already written for our learning in that bible ,
then its false no matter how wise it may sound .
This was a general reminder to everyone of us .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
an example . If you hear folks saying things like the sayings of JESUS , that they do not apply to us , We better not heed that lie .
IF folks say , that was another time and the world has now changed and they use that line
to change the pattern that our LORD and the apostels said , We had better flee that voice and real fast .
Cause in the end we have to ask our selves something .
IF the end result leads to disobediance , then i am telling us its false .
NO matter how well it was spoken or explained it is false .
An example would be if folks try and give reason why women can lead the church .
Remember the goal of the devil is to cause us to disobey . And he and his men are highly intellectual , very world wise
But examine the end result . IS their explanation gonna cause us to disobey or to obey what was already written .
And believe me they , just as satan , will use other parts of the bible to try and get us to disobey .
And even now they are using the ultimate lie .
Let me give that example .
HAS GOD really said that ye must believe in JESUS in order to be saved . DID paul really mean that ye have to confess JESUS
by mouth and believe from the heart that GOD has raised HIM from the dead in order to be saved .
OR has GOD really said man with man or woman with woman is abomnination . And that to deny JESUS means death .
NAY NAY says the serpent and his ministirs who can appear as men of righteouness ,
GOD IS LOVE , GOD UNDERSTANDS , GOD will not destroy them .
ITS A LIE my friends .
But satan is very world wise . and so are his men .
WE MUST keep the pattern identical in all things to HOW JESUS taught and how the apostels would later teach .
OR we gonna fall . SEEING many know these things , LET US TAKE HEED that we are not carried
away with the errors of the wicked and fall from our own steadfastness .
Let us simply with eager hearts return to our bibles and learn That JESUS and learn that doctrine well .
For many are being tossed to and fro by the sleight of many men who can indeed appear to be christain ,
but deny Him in works . They can appear as though they are of us , but i am telling us they are not .
AND ye shall know them by their fruits .
THE FRUIT of the SPIRIT PROVES what is ACCEPTABLE TO GOD . NOT what is acceptable to man and the generation . BUT TO GOD .

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

so si there any additional Books to the Holy Bible that we can go to, as The Word of God? If not, then what the Holy Bible teaches IS the final Authority on ALL matters, and it does NOT change with time. Show from the Bible where it says that its Teachings will change with the times

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a simple reminder and not an accusation against anyone here .
Its true that GOD has not been bound . He still operates today . In fact in the bible it is recorded
that john said , and many other things HE did that not even the books of the world could contain .
BUT , here is the REMINDER . IF anything is taught , spoken , heard as though by the Spirit ,
and yet what is told contradicts what is already written and recorded in the bible , then its another spirit , its the tempter .
Satan is full of wordly wisdom as the bible says . And he knows how to deceive and allure .
Thus , while we know GOD is not bound and that even today lambs can recieve and hear a word by the SPIRIT .
That word must always be tested . AND if it DOES indeed contradict what was already written for our learning in that bible ,
then its false no matter how wise it may sound .
This was a general reminder to everyone of us .

Here is my concern with your line of thinking. For one you are suggesting that the Word of God is static ink on paper. My other concern is you are saying God cannot teach us to improve. No matter how ya cut it, Christ was dealing with an ancient people in a primitive culture. Slavery was evil and Christians needed to be taught that it was wrong. The subjugation of women was evil and Christians needed to be taught that it was wrong. Remove the evil among you. As time went on there were different and more challenges to access and judge right from wrong...As Christ said the fruit of the tree.

Reactions: April_Rose

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so si there any additional Books to the Holy Bible that we can go to, as The Word of God? If not, then what the Holy Bible teaches IS the final Authority on ALL matters, and it does NOT change with time. Show from the Bible where it says that its Teachings will change with the times

No no no! God is the final authority. The Bible is a lot of things, but it is not a God. To look at it like you do is near to idolatry. God is the only thing that is Holy. And He still has things to teach us.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
From wikipedia:
Priscilla[edit]
Main article: Priscilla and Aquila
In Romans 16:3-5 Paul refers to the married couple Priscilla and Aquilla as his "fellow workers" saying they risked their lives for him. Paul worked and seemingly lived with them for a considerable time, and they followed him to Ephesus before he left on his next missionary journey. In Acts 18:25,26 Luke says Apollos, a "learned man," came to Ephesus and began speaking in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquilla heard him, they took him with them and "explained the way of God more accurately." Hayk Hovhannisyan says "either Priscilla was unaware of [Paul's doctrine that a woman shouldn't teach a man], which is virtually impossible; or she knew about it and decided to rebel--or the doctrine did not exist."

I recall reading a Catholic analysis stating a woman minister suffers from 'inefficiency of salvation.' I told my wife's female pastor about this and thanked her for inefficiently saving me by bringing me to Christ. We had a good laugh.

Nothing here says that Priscilla acted alone, she was with her husband which changes the situation.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Outside influence being the worst of this world, many yellow belly priest are about nowadays, all the woman priest that I have met are hopeless. I thought one on TV Myer ? was ok in a way but then seen it all truly was all about salesmanship over all and boasting like an idiot.
I think that many women (not all) do not know when to stop and take heed of reality check, I have seen such with our women Primers who are totally oblivious to what is going on outside of there little group. not to mention get all catty and start fighting out of control with emotions taking over control.
One PM called the Iron Lady in the UK was great and all the boys in the Parliament were a Joke then, there was not a man amongst them all, just boys ! so woman can be great leadership not to mention we have women Saints who were great.

I don't think that the Priesthood nowadays can be worthy of God, because if one was truly a Saint they would be full on attacked 24/7 only a woman could come up and hammer the establishment of todays degenerate world and expose it for what it truly is and rip the guts out of the low life bastards.
White Men nowadays are kicked around like dogs 24/7 and have become way to timid, the education system does not create Men, it works to only creates little boys.

Maybe a Mulatto man could come along and smash the establishment and expose it for what it truly is, too the world, so as to truly wake it up out of it's slumber of such great delusions. I don't think that such a one could come out of a Church denomination because they would only hammer such a one down, he would have to come out on his own bat, in Christ alone. and stand up and just hammer them all, exposing them truly for what dregs that they all are peddling in this world.

I agree there is so much ineffective leadership among men these days. Anyone can lead a self governing group of competent people that gets along well. They are very low maintenance.

When the inevitable dispute arises I've seen nothing but ineffective pastorial leadership from both men and women. I don't know what it really is supposed to look like. Perhaps the Democratic system on which some churches operate isn't the best.

I know when I was sitting in those meetings it felt utterly disgusting.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing here says that Priscilla acted alone, she was with her husband which changes the situation.

I don't see it as changing the situation at all since it is common to refer to couples as a unit. Point being, Paul referenced Priscilla specifically as someone who had better doctrinal authority than the man (along with her husband).

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
from books and people outside the Bible? Who decides what is and what is not from God then?

Try stop looking for inanimate objects and opinions. Look to the Spirit of Christ. Would Christ support slavery? Did Christ ever try to dominate women? When others condemned women in the Bible, what did He say? What did He do? Christian mission, Christian ministry, Christ sent the woman at the well on a mission that He knew His Apostles could not accomplish.

Luke 6:43-45 "For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks."

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I don't see it as changing the situation at all since it is common to refer to couples as a unit. Point being, Paul referenced Priscilla specifically as someone who had better doctrinal authority than the man (along with her husband).
Sounds like you are reading details into this situation details that are not present. In joining her husband she was present, and it is unclear if she was simply present, or if she gave a testamony, or spoke as equals with her husband. I doubt in that era that it would have been normal for the man to remain silent while his wife spoke to another man.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No no no! God is the final authority. The Bible is a lot of things, but it is not a God. To look at it like you do is near to idolatry. God is the only thing that is Holy. And He still has things to teach us.
I always thought the bible was written by men inspired by the Holy Spirit, I.o.w. by God, so how does that work if we are saying “the bible is NOT God”... where do you draw the line on certain issues..... all this talk these days how teenagers can decide on their gender and sexual orientation...blah...blah... has worked it’s way into Christian communities. Crazy if you ask me and sometimes I feel I am going to puke when I read or hear some stuff coming out of Christian groups. Looks like the world goes to hell in a basket.....

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And if God is still teaching us, yet this teaching does not line up with the Bible, who is to decide if it’s coming from God? The only way to tell is look at the fruit, exactly what Jesus told us. So, if I hear and see a woman preaching and the fruit is good, I say good for her. A preacher is not always a pastor. Pastorship is totally different. Women evangelists, preaching the gospel is not to be rejected. When fruits are good and people getting saved, bless them.