Why did God love and forgive David so?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Amen, just that not many accept it.... think they can somehow earn it...
well, that too, yes, but i have to point out here that many believe that they have "accepted" God's Love, but they have not confessed to God's Love. Saying "Lord, Lord" is not confession unto salvation iow, nor is professing Jesus as one's Lord and Savior, even though professing and confessing are conflated now. (Which is why i told someone else yesterday that they could surely quote me the v that says to confess Jesus {with their mouth} to be saved, but i wouldn't buy it)

Reactions: mjrhealth

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
hmm, well i would hesitate to define it directly...but he obviously managed to get 'rejected by men' i guess, huh, he wasn't even considered a viable candidate by them
Indeed...but only because he fit the desire of the people, whom chose to have a man over them instead of God alone.
if that is the case--which i do agree--then how do you splain the sea change @ David?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i know, seems weird, but it is Scriptural. And i'm not a Uni, either. i make this claim based upon those vv, (nothing can separate from God's Love, etc), and "Who told you that you were naked?" So iow, briefly, one is loved and forgiven no matter what; but w/o confession, that will not save them. There might be a hole there somewhere, lemme know

If it is Scriptural, chapter and verse.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yup, good knowin ya, Stranger, you won't ever see this post i guess, but i'm glad we got to here before i left, and i hope you find Word real soon bro
i'm getting banned i guess

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yup, good knowin ya, Stranger, you won't ever see this post i guess, but i'm glad we got to here before i left, and i hope you find Word real soon bro

Aw...leaving so soon. I don't blame you. Wasn't going very well was it?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothing can separate us from God's love, confession is made unto salvation, etc

That doesn't prove that God loves everyone. Try again.

What is the matter google meister?

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God loves
and forgives everyone,

Miss Hepburn said: @Amadeus...any chance you could come up with a few verses substantiating this?

I see no short simple answer for the first part: God loves everyone. But, consider the following:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

What is the "world" that God loved? From the context of the verse it appears to me that it was people, people to whom He granted a means by which they need not ever die. It does not, however, say that He loves all people. Consider these verses:

"I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness." Mal 1:2-3

It seems that God who is Love according to scripture did not love Esau. Why not? Was it that Esau in the final totality of him was found here among the things that God hates?

"These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
[1] A proud look,
[2] a lying tongue,
[3] and hands that shed innocent blood,
[4] An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,
[5] feet that be swift in running to mischief,
[6] A false witness that speaketh lies,
[7] and he that soweth discord among brethren." Prov 6:16-19

Reference was made also this verse on this thread:

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Rom 8:38-39

So then once we have it [the love of God] none of those things can separate us from it. But... can we walk away from it or cast it away from ourselves?

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." Heb 6:4-6

That does not sound to me like a person could not walk away or cast away the enlightment received, the gift received, the Word of God tasted even though he of course should not. Could that or would that, however, be the unforgivable sin?

Another question we might ask is, Can God loves someone He hates? Can we?

I remember a young lady I knew when I was in college who had a young daughter. She married the father momentarily to give the child legitimacy. She told me she hated her daughter because of what her existence had done and continued to do to her life... her "freedom". At the time she said she loved for daughter for being the sweet little person that she was, the fruit of her own body.

So then again the question: Can God love someone He hates? Could He for example have loved Esau whom He hated?

On the second part, God forgives everyone, consider these words:

"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Matt 6:14-15