Why did God need to give us free will, or did He need to? Do we really have it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well I don't consider something that based on fact to be conspiracy. :)

Me neither...but I was I had a $ for every time I have been called a conspiracy theorist. They have their head in the sand.
I was responding to @bbyrd009 's post where he said
JFK plainly, many times referenced the "Shadow Government" that world leaders only condemn in hushed whispers, behind their hands, if at all.

So many just believe what the media feed them, if they were told that grass was pink, they'd start to believe it.
But, oh whoops, we are derailing this thread. :oops: (red face) Sorry folks.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
dunno why this grabbed me, but contemplate the impact you going back 100 years or so and describing your life today to an ancestor would have on them. Assuming that they did not just kill you outright of course, after you told it.

Yeah, more likely to become a "blood eagle"! I attended a family reunion circa 04, never seen the "family" so united as in their contempt for myself. It was rather comical. All because I don't "believe" as they do.

Reactions: Helen

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep..that guy...you and aspen are anti, as are a few others, many of us are pro...so best not mention his name to each other! lol x
Politicians don't impress me much no matter who they are or what party. But that's just me.

Reactions: Helen

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha. depends on how you are defining machines i guess lol
The kind of voting machine that gave Dick Gregory 9 million votes for President in Pennsylvania in 1968. Then they had to shut the machine down.

Electronic voting machines- A look back at the 1968 U.S. Presidential Election

The 1968 presidential election had major voter irregularities in Pennsylvania.
Votes for Richard “Dick” Gregory, an American civil rights activist and former comedian, were at the center of the computer voter irregularity.

During the 1968 election night computers used by the News Election Service (NES) reported that Dick Gregory, the fourth party candidate, was polling 9 million votes in Pennsylvania.
Electronic voting machines- A look back at the 1968 U.S. Presidential Election

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It takes a lot more than prayers to get a demon out of someone.
The Catholic Church has a whole group of exorcists to do just that.
It's not easy. Everyone should read this stuff to see what we're up against. This stuff you see on the Word of Faith Network where "demons" are exorcised from persons, usually women, is just a joke.
Yes it's serious business. I pay very little attention to tv preachers and the like.
You know, we all have different experiences in life and some may not be very...good. And we might at some point ask God why did this happen to me or why did that happen. It reminds me of the story of Joseph and what happened to him. But we know that was for a reason and that God meant it for good.
This subject that you mention, for whatever reason which I don't know exactly why yet, but I have encountered it very often in my life. One thing that I do know is that I wouldn't have been able to help some people along the way who had problems dealing with demons if I hadn't had that kind of experience. I really don't think I would have been able to handle it otherwise.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes it's serious business. I pay very little attention to tv preachers and the like.
You know, we all have different experiences in life and some may not be very...good. And we might at some point ask God why did this happen to me or why did that happen. It reminds me of the story of Joseph and what happened to him. But we know that was for a reason and that God meant it for good.
This subject that you mention, for whatever reason which I don't know exactly why yet, but I have encountered it very often in my life. One thing that I do know is that I wouldn't have been able to help some people along the way who had problems dealing with demons if I hadn't had that kind of experience. I really don't think I would have been able to handle it otherwise.
Hi Truthquest,
YOU brought the subject up regarding possessed persons in post no. 198
Here it is:

No the possessed are definitely not attractive. But they need prayers for deliverance.

It might have been out of context...I had just started reading this thread.

I don't ever ask "why me". I feel that God has placed us in this world system -- I don't know why -- and we must accept what comes.
I've also stopped worrying about the WHY of this world system. We'll never know.

Also, I agree with something you said in your last paragraph...
We don't really know how others feel about anything if we don't experience it first ourselves.

Blessings.

Reactions: Richard_oti

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Truthquest,
YOU brought the subject up regarding possessed persons in post no. 198
Here it is:

No the possessed are definitely not attractive. But they need prayers for deliverance.

It might have been out of context...I had just started reading this thread.
I was referring to the physical changes that take place when a person is possessed. There are different levels of possession. There is also full possession.
It's not the actual person that we see when those physical changes happen when someone is possessed. We are seeing what they are possessed by showing themselves.

I don't ever ask "why me". I feel that God has placed us in this world system -- I don't know why -- and we must accept what comes.
I've also stopped worrying about the WHY of this world system. We'll never know.
Well I can't say that I've never asked "why me" because I have. That was a very difficult time for me. And I know that God understands that.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I was referring to the physical changes that take place when a person is possessed. There are different levels of possession. There is also full possession.
It's not the actual person that we see when those physical changes happen when someone is possessed. We are seeing what they are possessed by showing themselves.

Well I can't say that I've never asked "why me" because I have. That was a very difficult time for me. And I know that God understands that.

th

agreed.

Reactions: truthquest

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yeah, more likely to become a "blood eagle"! I attended a family reunion circa 04, never seen the "family" so united as in their contempt for myself. It was rather comical. All because I don't "believe" as they do.
for it is the members of a man's own...ya, this is just what growth looks like though i guess, God sets those up for fun see, or i mean fun isn't the right word maybe, but i dunno rejoice in your adversities when you are heaping burning coals on their heads, and the whole room is uncomfortable and only two ppl--or i guess usually only one, hmm, something about a witness, a Peter denying us in there, that the one is convicting, maybe several Peters at once even--know what's even going on, those are work. And we get plenty of opportunities for play too, i mean esp us first world types lol.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Totally agree. It is totally amazing ( hmmm maybe amazing is not the best choice of word!) the difference a demon can make to the features of the person they control , as you say, depending on the level of their control.

I guess that is what makes me cross when people flippantly say:- "the only devil is the mind, nothing else..." Little do they know, unless meeting them face to face and eye to eye...
The eyes are truly the mirror of the soul..and a good judge of just how much control has actually taken place. But, praise God, there IS deliverance! ✟

Reactions: truthquest

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally agree. It is totally amazing ( hmmm maybe amazing is not the best choice of word!) the difference a demon can make to the features of the person they control , as you say, depending on the level of their control.

I guess that is what makes me cross when people flippantly say:- "the only devil is the mind, nothing else..." Little do they know, unless meeting them face to face and eye to eye...
The eyes are truly the mirror of the soul..and a good judge of just how much control has actually taken place. But, praise God, there IS deliverance! ✟
Yes I've heard that quite often that it is just the evil side of man. On most of the Christian forums I've been on, this subject seems to be one that people don't want to talk about. Jesus talked about it. It's in the scriptures and it's there for a reason.
I've talked to people who needed help but were afraid to even talk to their pastors about it. They said it wasn't taken seriously or they weren't believed or they were told they had mental illness or that they must have done something to attract demons so it was their fault. So that makes people keep silent about it and not ask for help.
You're right. Once you see something like that, there's no denying it anymore.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've talked to people who needed help but were afraid to even talk to their pastors about it. They said it wasn't taken seriously or they weren't believed or they were told they had mental illness or that they must have done something to attract demons so it was their fault. So that makes people keep silent about it and not ask for help.

The reason is I think, is because of the teaching that Christian's cannot have demons. It is a hot potato in many places.
And I agree, it is not a popular subject, it makes some people uncomfortable.
People often fear what they do not understand.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, this was brought up in a thread, but to discuss it would have derailed the Topic.
Insights into why free will?

Because the Lord FIRST CHOSE His celestial hosts, His terrestrial hosts and FIRST LOVED them.

And until His celestial hosts and His terrestrial hosts CHOOSE Him, there is NO LOVE "between" them.

And "without" LOVE "between" them, there shall be no FOREVER "TOGETHERNESS" "of" them.

God Bless,
Taken