Why did Jesus say you must become like a little child?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Sharing what you think is fine. The problem is when you are sharing it as a fact. like you did in your last post. You and the OP and now responcible for misteacheaching. And that is no good to you Him or any others. So if you or op is going to share an opinion then you really should say so. Its a dangerous game to play.

Indeed it is. and that alone should be enough for you to also agree that misteaching is a huge problem and should not be tolerated. I would tell you a couple of times in church to stop and then remove you if you persisted I know what you are trying to say about being born again daily to new things but its not quite right.

You go any scriptures telling us what you think lines up with what God says?

Nah I am open to any scripture. I aint open to what people think unless the give scripture. I dont scripture for moost of what you said. I know the scriptures reagaurding growing up into Christ. What I do need is scripture telling me I am born again daily. This is why we can not allow people opinions to run unchecked.

The problem is that the scriptures are ambiguous and can be interpreted in many different ways, not to mention that the translation from one language to another does not always convey the correct ideas, especially when it comes to idioms and metaphors which the bible is filled with. A metaphor in one culture can mean something quite different in another.
Truth is personified in the bible as a man named Jesus and sadly many worship the man and don't respect the Truth at all. They prefer their false doctrines which are taught them in their religions, they idolise a man and they cling to the interpretations of scriptures which they have been taught are correct as they reject anything that does not line up with that thinking.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
It makes no difference to you because you've hardened your heart to the Spirit.

I guess our discussion is over.

The Lord is trying to get your attention...why else would you be here?

To share The Truth with people who wish to know it. Very FEW want to know it.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
That waqs really underhanded and deceitful, my brain does not work that fast anymore.

It was not underhanded at all. It was clear as day for anyone who is awake enough to see it. If your brain is not working fast enough, maybe you have been sleeping too long?
Arise and shine... the LIGHT has come.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Then there is that unusual and frightening question: when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?

What do you think is meant by the term "Son of Man" ? Is not all humanity the "Son of man" who is always coming and going as people are born and die daily?

What does He mean faith?
What do you think it means?
People obviously claim to have faith in many things. Invisible people with supernatural powers like God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Heaven, Love, Hope, Truth, etc... but when it comes to the end of everyones life, all end up in the same place...ie the grave regardless of what they claim to believe.
To me Faith is a total trust in the Truth and knowing for sure that what you think to be correct is indeed correct. It is about having no doubts at all. Eg, I know for certain that 1+1=2 and I know for certain that I was born and I am sure I will die one day. There are absolutely no doubts about that in my mind. In the same way, I have absolutely no doubts that all invisible characters with supernatural powers are mythical. I feel sorry for people who are waiting for some man with supernatural powers to actually appear in the sky one day. They are like small children who will wait forever to see Santa and his reindeer appear in the sky.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is that the scriptures are ambiguous and can be interpreted in many different ways, not to mention that the translation from one language to another does not always convey the correct ideas, especially when it comes to idioms and metaphors which the bible is filled with. A metaphor in one culture can mean something quite different in another.
Truth is personified in the bible as a man named Jesus and sadly many worship the man and don't respect the Truth at all. They prefer their false doctrines which are taught them in their religions, they idolise a man and they cling to the interpretations of scriptures which they have been taught are correct as they reject anything that does not line up with that thinking.
I actully agree with most of what you said.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What do you think is meant by the term "Son of Man" ? Is not all humanity the "Son of man" who is always coming and going as people are born and die daily?

What do you think it means?
People obviously claim to have faith in many things. Invisible people with supernatural powers like God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Heaven, Love, Hope, Truth, etc... but when it comes to the end of everyones life, all end up in the same place...ie the grave regardless of what they claim to believe.
To me Faith is a total trust in the Truth and knowing for sure that what you think to be correct is indeed correct. It is about having no doubts at all. Eg, I know for certain that 1+1=2 and I know for certain that I was born and I am sure I will die one day. There are absolutely no doubts about that in my mind. In the same way, I have absolutely no doubts that all invisible characters with supernatural powers are mythical. I feel sorry for people who are waiting for some man with supernatural powers to actually appear in the sky one day. They are like small children who will wait forever to see Santa and his reindeer appear in the sky.
Ahh now it makes sense. you never met anyone who actul;ly has seen the power of God moving for real. Dont you worry its coming all to soon. The sons of God are rising right now and it is growing. Soon enough you will meet Chriatisn who are walking in spirit and truth amd you will see the sick healed and the dead raised and will be left in no doubt about the invisable man in the sky. And you will also say He is awsome. Just because He is.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
Who are those Jesus is referring to? Believers? Can we see and hear without the spirit? Are we not blind and deaf until the Lord opens our eyes and ears? So, I ask, when Jesus refers to a little child saying you must be as one of these...is He not using something tangible (a little child) to teach on new birth (an immature Christian). Is Jesus really saying we must strain and produce faith as this child, blind faith...or is Jesus teaching: you must become a child (humbled) of God?

The words refer to all people regardless of whether they claim to be believers or not. It is a principle which applies to everyone of the past present and future.
Think of TRUTH saying those words instead of a man saying those words. How does anyone see the TRUTH ? It has no shape, no form, no colour, no smell, nothing visible at all to physically see yet many claim to know the truth but how do they know that what appears to be truth is really the Truth?
If you really know the TRUTH, you have "seen the Truth" in the sense that you have seen it by revelation with your "inner eyes".. The words "not seen" can refer to the physical eyes for obviously no one can actually see the Truth with their physical eyes due to the fact that it is not an object but a revelation. However, "not seen" can also refer to those "inner eyes" which are "blind" till they come to the realisation of revelation.
Children are immature people who live a lot in the fantasy world. Many believe in invisible magical characters like Santa but they get to a point where they question the reality of those characters and like doubting Thomas they begin to doubt and want to see and know the real thing. When they realise the reality of the "magic man" is merely an ordinary flesh and blood person, is their fantasy shattered or do they feel a sense of maturity due to knowing the truth of the concept?
When a child gains the revelation that Santa and the Tooth fairy are mythical characters, they have grown up enough to see the TRUTH. The Truth sets them free from their childish fantasies.
Some children tell others that the magic Santa is not real but Santa is just their parents. Some children get upset by that FACT and don't want to believe it, others will react differently but ultimately they need to believe the FACT and till they do, they will never see the TRUTH because of their refusal to accept it.
In the same way many believers in God refuse to accept the FACT that all invisible characters with supernatural powers are merely mythical characters. The characters are mere personifications of concepts which have been handed down by our superstitious ancestors for many generations. The reality of the "Son of Man" is the physical people you see every day. We are all offspring (Son) of mankind ( Man). As a whole body of people, we are the "Son", we are the LIGHT of the world. What we do and say to any people, we do and say to "God". We are all gods (Psalm 82:6) and as a whole united body we are "God" or "Christ", which is one body made up of many members. ( 1 Cor 12:12).

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Is Jesus really saying we must strain and produce faith as this child, blind faith...or is Jesus teaching: you must become a child (humbled) of God?

Children do not struggle to produce faith. Children automatically have a "blind faith" in whatever they are taught till they begin to question and come to realisations and revelations regarding what is actually fact and fiction and become capable of separating the two.
In the same way, immature believers in God can have a blind faith in some invisible character named God but once you gain the revelation of what God actually is, your faith is no longer blind and you are no longer gullible and no longer believe in any invisible people with magical or supernatural powers. When you come to know the TRUTH, that TRUTH sets you free from religious fantasies and false doctrines.
Truth is not an invisible man with supernatural powers.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Ahh now it makes sense. you never met anyone who actul;ly has seen the power of God moving for real. Dont you worry its coming all to soon. The sons of God are rising right now and it is growing. Soon enough you will meet Chriatisn who are walking in spirit and truth amd you will see the sick healed and the dead raised and will be left in no doubt about the invisable man in the sky. And you will also say He is awsome. Just because He is.

You seem to make a lot of assumptions regarding what what I have seen. It would be wiser if you asked me rather than making uninformed false assumptions.
I personally see "the power of God" at work daily in the same way as I see the "power of Mother Nature" at work daily.
I see the "Power of Love" at work daily. I see the "Power of light" at work daily. I also see the powers of ignorance at work daily.
There is nothing new coming in the future when it comes to the powers of the universe or the "powers of God". Whatever was in the past will come around again like the seasons. There is nothing new under the sun and never will be.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Sick people are healed every day by doctors who have the gift of healing and the passion to heal the sick. They do what they can and "Mother Nature" or "God" do the rest since the human body heals itself under the right conditions. Dead people are never literally raised from the dead state and they never literally and physically rise out of graves after three or four days. Such things are fantasies and do not happen in physical reality. Bible stories which mention those kind of things are not referring to physical resurrections but rather metaphorically referring to spiritual resurrections in the sense of the dead being raised and the blind receiving sight. It is about gaining revelation which is eternal not about resurrecting material things which are designed to pass away.
There is no invisible man in the sky named God any more than there is an invisible woman in the sky named Mother Nature. Both those characters have exactly the same qualities and if you replaced the word God in the bible with the words "Mother Nature", the stories would still have the same underlying Truth. Both those characters are nothing but personifications of the "powers that be".. which was and is and is to come because those powers are cyclic and the future is no different to the past. The light which shines from the East to the West comes daily not once in many centuries....
Matt 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The word translated as lightning is "astrape" which actually means "shining light".
The shining light which comes up in the east and shines to the west every day is the sun. In the same manner... daily... is how the TRUTH returns to Earth. People who are waiting for some man to appear in the sky will be waiting forever in vain.
The light which shines from the eat to west is a cyclic thing. That light is always on Earth whether you see it or not. To wait a lifetime to see the Light would be foolish unless you were born blind and were waiting to see the Light. Wake up and see what is right in front of your eyes instead of sleeping your life away waiting for a magic man to appear in the sky.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
What you're sharing is a lie.

Calling the Truth a lie does not make it a lie. I can't help it if you call your own lies truth and call the Truth a lie.

It was the religious people in the bible stories who claimed that the character Jesus in the story was a liar and mad man too. It's fascinating how it is the religious people in the story who are blind to the Truth. It is the people who love their idolatry and worship an invisible idol who refuse to accept the TRUTH that all invisible people with supernatural powers are mythical. It is the people who follow false Christs who refuse to accept the Truth that the invisible person they idolise is a myth.

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

The false Christs are all those invisible idols ( invisible characters with supernatural powers) which the gullible worship. It is the organised religions which seduce members into their congregations with promises of "supernatural healing" and other so called "spiritual signs" like the "tongues speaking" etc which they convince people are supernatural phenomenon. The "spiritual seduction" is so subtle that very FEW are aware they are even being seduced with false doctrines or following a false Christ. Most of the leaders of these organisations are not even aware of it because they have been seduced themselves and they think they are doing the right thing but they don't have a clue. I forgive them because I understand they are clueless.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calling the Truth a lie does not make it a lie.
Here why you have zero understanding of what you speak.

2 Corinthians 4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,

And just so you know.....I don't read posts from atheists. Not being rude, just being honest. Unless an atheist is searching for God, I will have nothing to do with them.

Have a nice day...

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Here why you have zero understanding of what you speak.

2 Corinthians 4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,

And just so you know.....I don't read posts from atheists. Not being rude, just being honest. Unless an atheist is searching for God, I will have nothing to do with them.

Have a nice day...

I am not an atheist and since you keep reading and replying to my posts, you obviously don't really believe I am one either.
I simply believe that all invisible gods with supernatural powers are mythical characters.
I never said I do not believe in gods.
It all depends on how you define the word "god". After all, the bible in some places refers to ordinary people as gods. ( Psalm 82:6) Ordinary people are very real. No one can deny that fact.
According to the bible we are gods but we are obviously not invisible people with supernatural powers.
It is those invisible idols which poison the minds of the gullible who are seduced by them.

I am a physical being who lives and walks in The TRUTH. When you see me you see The TRUTH. However, I fully understand why you refuse to believe me. The TRUTH is veiled from those who rather cling to lies and invisible idols and the only reason you are perishing in your own lies is because you refuse to let go of them.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sick people are healed every day by doctors
No where is God endorcing doctors in the bible. I seen them healed by God as I lay hands on them. So like I said until you meet someone eho is walking in power you will mostly get traditional church teaching which had NO power

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
No where is God endorcing doctors in the bible. I seen them healed by God as I lay hands on them. So like I said until you meet someone eho is walking in power you will mostly get traditional church teaching which had NO power

Feel free to keep believing whatever you want. I have seen the so called healings in some circles and those who claim to be healed are trying to "believe by faith" and have "positive confessions" according to the word of God but those same people end up at each altar call with the same problems and need healing over and over again every time so stop kidding yourself.
Confessing that you have been healed does not heal you from real ailments unless those ailments are merely imaginary in the first place.
Many hypochondriacs in Christian circles. If you can convince them that some invisible person has healed them, good for you. It saves the doctors wasting their time with them.
BTW...Jesus does endorse physicians.
Matt 9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick.
Luke was also a physician. Col 4:14 Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.

Faith healing "works" for those who have imaginary ailments or ailments which are psychological in nature. It does not work for people with real health issues. Real doctors are trained to help people with real ailments.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Feel free to keep believing whatever you want.
Show me in scripture that I am wrong. Not really interested in your opions. as you keep telling me mine is worthless

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
“And said, verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”

As a child, I grew up hearing countless explanations to what Jesus meant when He said, “become as little children”. I was taught this was an achievable task by something of my own doing. Hold on to your youth with all your might! As an adult, I will admit, I have stared into a face of a child and carried with me this same mindset that it is something within the nature of small children that inherits the kingdom of God. I would study that nature of seemly goodness attempting to grasp what it was a child possessed. While there is much to be said for the trust and faith of a child, it is not necessarily the qualities of a child Jesus was referring to, but rather a new birth.

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit
.”

To inherit the kingdom, we must become as a little child. We must be born again. It is not in how we act, carrying a presence of some of the admirable qualities of a child. It is not some quality we possess that causes us to be born again, but by the Spirit. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh...

(Matthew 21) “And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David, they were sore displeased, And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?”

(1 Corinthians 3: 1) “ And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.”

(1 John 2:28) "And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming."

Little children are in the listening stages of their lives so they are better equipped to take in information and believe it to be true. The more they see of the world born of Satan and the beast, it's harder for them to believe that it's all an illusion formed in their mind from the processing of information.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No where is God endorcing doctors in the bible.
Matthew 9
12 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.