Why did Jesus say you must become like a little child?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
No I think you will find Chist was mentioning the done thing. You are trying to make it fir. Have yiou looked up what endorse means? He was talking there langauge. Jeus never ever any where in scripture told amnyone to go to the doctors, your talking from what you would like it to say. He also never told luck to tage his bag.

In the story he might have been referring to the "done thing" but if you look at the words in a spiritual and eternal sense as "The eternal word of TRUTH" which applies to all people through all eternity, the overall PRINCIPLE in the statement applies to all physicians and all sick people, yesterday today and forever. The FACT is only sick people need doctors and if they did not need doctors, we would not have any doctors on this Earth.
Wake up to reality and look deeper into the TRUTH and its eternal principles instead of just reading the stories in a superficial way and judging by outward appearances.
Endorse means to declare a public approval and support of something. In the story Jesus declared a public approval and his support of doctors by telling everyone that sick people need a physician.

Besides that don't you remember that Jesus learned a lot from doctors when he was 12 years old?
Luke 2:46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

How much have you learned from doctors?
What medical knowledge do you have?
If none, maybe you ought to follow Jesus example and sit with some of them a while to learn something from them.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, the fact is I or anyone else on the net cannot see any signs following you

In your assuming opinion. So now you can speak for everyone wow thats really cool. I see already you cannot answer questions but you like yo ask many. If you cant answer my questions were done. why do you think I cam e here to listen to you?

Why dont you take your assuming little heart and ask Stranger what Tripp the self confessed satanist said about my posts and what happend to his demons when He read my posts. Dont be telling me you can speak for the whole site lol. see hopw silly you look doing that nonsense. Your here for a fight and nothing else. Its a one way conversation with you starnger and a few others in here. Childish.

so any boasting about such things on internet forums is futile and foolish and only makes you appear to be a braggart with spiritual pride and a huge ego.
Some might even call you a liar since they will not believe you but obviously you believe yourself since you have convinced yourself that you walk in the power of the Spirit.
Anyone who does good things in the community has no need to brag about it on line. Their reward is simply seeing the effects of the good they do.

Well that is funny I asked you already to quote where I was bragging and you failed to do so. So I will ask you again to 1 define bragging and then quote me doing so? And once again you are speaking for people who might think I am a liar. You cant speak for anyone else. so at least show a little courage and speak for your self. If you think I am a liar then say so. Dont be afraid to speak your mind. If I come in a give a testimony how is that bragging? No my reward is sharing God mercy grace and goodness with people who know what I am talking about and belive me and do like wise. My joy is also in the pm s I get people thankong me for things they were unsure of. And also I am really encourage by sharing it. I love it. I alway get detractors like you and there are many they come and go just like you will. I dont get hurt by them as it is every where unbelievers detractor pharisees are alvive and well today in all the Christian forums.
So once again in case you missed it where was I brsgging?

I was in a Pentecostal church for many years and I saw many people who claimed have the gift of healing and claimed to walk in the power of God. I saw and heard testimonies of others who claimed to be healed from things like aches and pains and other things which you cannot see anyway but when it came down to the reality of it all, I saw some hopeful people taking really sick people to the altar to be healed of things which no doctors could heal because they were convinced the power of God was working, but the so called faith healers could not heal them either. They never healed people in wheelchairs to make them walk again. They never healed physically blind people. They never healed physical mutes. All they did was encourage those kind of people to get into the word more and confess that they were healed according to the word of God. Basically they were trying to get them to talk themselves into convincing themselves they were healed. In the end the really sick people died anyway and none were raised from the dead either even though I saw one person who claimed to have the faith, trying to raise a dead person from the dead.
What has any of this got to do with me? You are sitting back there and know NOTHING about me. But for some crazy reason you can see right through me and can expose me as a fraud like all the rest. Can you also quote me saying I have the gift?

All he did was make a total fool of himself but I guess his heart was in the right place and he tried to bring someone back to life.
His heart was in the right place but I am "a liar to some"? See the diference between him and you is He got out and took a swing. You think God wont reward that? You think you sitting back saying "He made a total fool of him self" will pass without cost? You are told not to call any man a fool. But once again you have these ability to ignore others accuse them of lying speak on behalf of the whole forum? Thats some cool stuff you got there man.

After my experiences in the Pentecostal church, I am very wary of anyone who claims to have supernatural gifts or powers.
This is what I mean about you not getting any backing in reading scriptures with out the Holy Ghost. You can only see the negitive and it fits you mind set. You have allowed your experiances to dictate what scripture says. as oppose to letting scripture speak over your experiances. Big mistake and most Christians fall for that to.

Especially since the bible says that it is FALSE PROPHETS who will manifest such things.
Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Woops more of the negative stuff you like so much. There is plenty in there for ya go wallow in the lies of satan you are free to do that. But dont be coming here telling me who you know nothing about what I am like what I did or didnt do. and if you going to say anything to me. Dont hide behind other people that you CAN NOT SPEAK FOR Grow up and show a little respect in satd of getting all hurt because of your experiances.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the fact is I or anyone else on the net cannot see any signs following you or feel any power coming from you so any boasting about such things on internet forums is futile and foolish and only makes you appear to be a braggart with spiritual pride and a huge ego.
You go girl.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In the story he might have been referring to the "done thing" but if you look at the words in a spiritual and eternal sense as "The eternal word of TRUTH" which applies to all people through all eternity, the overall PRINCIPLE in the statement applies to all physicians and all sick people, yesterday today and forever. The FACT is only sick people need doctors and if they did not need doctors, we would not have any doctors on this Earth.
Wake up to reality and look deeper into the TRUTH and its eternal principles instead of just reading the stories in a superficial way and judging by outward appearances.
Endorse means to declare a public approval and support of something. In the story Jesus declared a public approval and his support of doctors by telling everyone that sick people need a physician.

Besides that don't you remember that Jesus learned a lot from doctors when he was 12 years old?
Luke 2:46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

If none, maybe you ought to follow Jesus example and sit with some of them a while to learn something from them.

petes sake this is pathetic. It was not doctors do a little resaerch before bumping your gums. See what I mean about going on your own understanding and no Holy Ghost. dear dear

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are. You are sending a message on the net that you have spiritual powers and signs following you. Why are you doing it when no one can see for themselves if you are telling the truth or just imagining these things?
Anyone could claim the same thing and what would you think?
Here are some possibilities.....
1. Such a person is self deluded and living in a world of fantasy where he imagines he has powers that he doesn't really have.
2. Such a person is trying to boost himself up as being more spiritual than others on the same forum.
3. Such a person is trying to impress others with his so called spirituality.
4. Such a person is a liar who is trying to lead others astray and is trying to hide behind some spiritual gifts to conceal his deceit.

If such a person really was doing miracles and healing people in the streets, the word would get around fast these days and everyone with phone camera would be posting such phenomena on the net.
Ultimately you are nothing and no better then anyone else who lives in the fantasy that they are more spiritual than anyone else and has signs following them.

Every person on this planet ultimately has "signs" following them. Those "signs" are the simple evidence of their personality and spirit.
Loving people spread Love and are followed by Love. Hateful people spread hate and are followed by hate. Compassionate people spread compassion and are followed by compassion etc etc etc. It makes no difference if people believe in any gods or not. The things which "follow" them around are simply evidence of the spirit within them and evidence of the attitude they adopt on the day. Most simply take those things for granted and have no need to brag about what "follows" them.
Woops what part of quote me did you noyt understand??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That was the last post I made and you say that I am bragging you said I was bragging before I posted that quote me or stop lying.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
No one is being asked to believe any man? If you are not a Christian you cannot understand spiritual things. You except what Christ said not man.
Why you think we are asked to believe man? You have need of no man Holy Ghost will teach you all thing. well them that are found in Christ any ways. SO you know some scriptures if you dont know Christ you know nothing. Full stop.

Your statement "If you are not a Christian you cannot understand spiritual things" is biased and totally untrue. It is unnecessary to be labelled a Christian to understand spiritual things. Moses was not a Christian. Jesus was not a Christian. He had no religious label attached to him. Applying the label of Christian is meaningless. Many people who call themselves Christian still have no clue about spiritual things anyway and are led astray themselves as well as unknowingly leading others astray.
Being a follower of Christ is not about following a person. It is about living in a principle of Love and Truth. There are many unbelievers in Christ who live their lives in the principles of Love and like the story of the good Samaritan, do far more good than many Christians. Their ways and works are the works of love and compassion and they do it out of the kindness of their hearts without even thinking about any spiritual gifts or signs following them.
No one can accept what "Christ" said unless the message comes through a physical man since it is physical humans who communicate with other physical humans regarding the ways of life, what is acceptable and unacceptable to others. People communicate with spoken and written words and the bible happens to be written by mankind. All religious teachings and other teachings come through man regardless of whether you want to believe those teaching are inspired by any god or not. The inspirations come from the minds and hearts of mankind. The spirit within one person will either connect with the spirit in another or reject the spirit in another. This is how friendships and enemies are formed... though having united spirits or a conflicting spirits. However, most people are unaware of the spirits in themselves and others and simply see the communication as coming from other people not from any spirits.
The Spirit of TRUTH has taught me much over the years. I am one with the Truth and I understand how other people view the Truth in different lights. I understand why some see it as a lie and others see it in a completely opposite light.
Christ is the TRUTH. Truth is not some invisible person who has supernatural powers.
Christ is the LIGHT. Light is not some invisible person with supernatural powers.
Christ is LOVE. Love is not an invisible person with supernatural powers.
People who worship an invisible person with supernatural powers are idolising and worshipping a false Christ and if they call themselves Christians they have taken the "Lords name" in vain because in vain they worship an invisible idol and live in false hopes of seeing the character one day.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are. You are sending a message on the net that you have spiritual powers and signs following you.
This is true. He does boast a lot.

Told me once he healed two people and it wasn't even 2 o'clock yet.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
petes sake this is pathetic. It was not doctors do a little resaerch before bumping your gums. See what I mean about going on your own understanding and no Holy Ghost. dear dear

Maybe you need to do the research and find the Holy Ghost in reality instead of worshipping an invisible friend? Don't you find it interesting that Luke the physician wrote about Jesus learning things from other people and the Greek word has been translated as doctors in the KJV of the book of Luke?
It is interesting that he learned anything from other people at all if you believe that the "Father" was saying and doing everything through him anyway.
Think about the Spirit of the "Father" in a 12 year old boy learning things from human teachers including doctors.
That is a show of humility if you believe the Spirit in Jesus was God and God knows everything anyway. If the Spirit in Jesus already knew everything, why humble himself before mankind and make an effort to learn anything from them at all?

Humble yourself in the sight of God. God is not an invisible character with supernatural powers. God is IN ALL people and manifests wisdom and knowledge within them and through them. That wisdom and knowledge is in many people combined not just in one person or in one invisible character. When Jesus was learning from human teachers, he was gaining the wisdom and knowledge of God.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
hought Ok I will double check what I already know.
So you been sent by the Spirit thats great but why did He leave you talking nonsense and telling lies? If you were sent then I would have thought you had truth to go with. as that is normal procedure.

To come here and say God ordaind doctors is utter tripe.

You like I said at the start are twisting scriptures. Stop it.

Dictionaries - Easton's Bible Dictionary - Doctor
Doctor [N]
( Luke 2:46 ; 5:17 ; Acts 5:34 ), a teacher. The Jewish doctors taught and disputed in synagogues, or wherever they could find an audience. Their disciples were allowed to propose to them questions. They assumed the office without any appointment to it. The doctors of the law were principally of the sect of the Pharisees. Schools were established after the destruction of Jerusalem at Babylon and Tiberias, in which academical degrees were conferred on those who passed a certain examination. Those of the school of Tiberias were called by the title "rabbi," and those of Babylon by that of "master."

This is the reason I have no time for your babbaling. You look see if you see me telling lies. although you have accused me of lying.
There are no contradictions in any thing I say. But you on the other hand have never answerd any of my questions so I am done with your little elitist club. Ogh theres another little club that eldios is running I aint in that one either. Stop the childish trying to prove you are better than the rest. The spirit never gave you the tripe you are talking.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
hought Ok I will double check what I already know.
So you been sent by the Spirit thats great but why did He leave you talking nonsense and telling lies? If you were sent then I would have thought you had truth to go with. as that is normal procedure.

To come here and say God ordaind doctors is utter tripe.

You like I said at the start are twisting scriptures. Stop it.

Dictionaries - Easton's Bible Dictionary - Doctor
Doctor [N]
( Luke 2:46 ; 5:17 ; Acts 5:34 ), a teacher. The Jewish doctors taught and disputed in synagogues, or wherever they could find an audience. Their disciples were allowed to propose to them questions. They assumed the office without any appointment to it. The doctors of the law were principally of the sect of the Pharisees. Schools were established after the destruction of Jerusalem at Babylon and Tiberias, in which academical degrees were conferred on those who passed a certain examination. Those of the school of Tiberias were called by the title "rabbi," and those of Babylon by that of "master."

This is the reason I have no time for your babbaling. You look see if you see me telling lies. although you have accused me of lying.
There are no contradictions in any thing I say. But you on the other hand have never answerd any of my questions so I am done with your little elitist club. Ogh theres another little club that eldios is running I aint in that one either. Stop the childish trying to prove you are better than the rest. The spirit never gave you the tripe you are talking.

The Pharisees also thought Jesus was talking nonsense, was a mad man, was telling lies and there was no truth in him. So does your concept of "normal procedure" of the Spirit bringing the TRUTH to hypocrites mean the hypocrites will hear and understand the Truth or do they just hear nonsense from a mad person?
All people with "gifts" of healing are ordained by"God" who gave them the talents, passion and gifts in the first place. Physical healers who are trained in their profession do far more and better work than so called "faith healers" on this planet.

However, it is clear to see you hold very little respect for physical doctors.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Pharisees also thought Jesus was talking nonsense, was a mad man,
And you and others think the same of me. And once again you have no scripture I see you chosse to ignore the mis truths I correted for you aswell. Is that how you roll? Or do you say well thanks brother I never knew that. This is what I mean with you are havin a one way conversation :) why do you think I want to be a part of this?

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only worship you need to worship is God through Jesus Christ. And how that Jesus used parables and stories to get His point across. But there were some that did not understand. Even if they understood it in mind, they did not in heart and soul.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
And you and others think the same of me. And once again you have no scripture I see you chosse to ignore the mis truths I correted for you aswell. Is that how you roll? Or do you say well thanks brother I never knew that. This is what I mean with you are havin a one way conversation :) why do you think I want to be a part of this?

Don't you know the scripture that indicates people thought Jesus was a mad man?
John 10:20 And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?

Your replies indicate that you want to be part of the conversation. It takes two to tango. A one way conversation gets no replies.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What led me to ponder the topic? It was the video of Heidi Baker where she teaches on “how you must be as a child” and she listed all the qualities of a child that we must possess. I don’t know, Job. It got me to thinking: is blind faith really what the Lord is referring to? What is missing? What is missing so that blind faith does lead us over a cliff? It seems there is a lot of blind faith out there to believe just about anything and to believe it profoundly. So, I wondered, was the Lord really referring to blind faith? IS blind faith an admirable quality? Children will believe what they are told and not question it. True. Children will trust they have the truth and do not question that truth. True. They trust to be fed and clothed and nurtured and never question the one providing for their needs, even if that person abuses them. Is that really what it takes, blind faith to go in whatever direction is handed to you in childhood?

I don’t want to twist scripture. I do see that blind faith is a good solid interpretation. I am sure you are correct. So, I am not arguing the interpretation. Just thinking it over because "childlike" seems to be the first attribute attached to the (supposed) physical manifestation of the spirit. Fits of laughter. Endless giggling. Rolling around on the ground. Skipping in love. Soft baby talk...They are taking the Spirit of the Lord and making Him...childlike. That is taking the Lord's name in vain. It is vanity. That is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Why does it matter? Because they (charismatics) are taking it (whatever this spirit is) to the whole world, to the lost and hungry. And sharing it. Now I know what I am so focused on this subject. Why it matters.
Here is a simple way to look at it. We are already blind to what we were origially created to be. So what we really need is our eyes opened. Blind faith is 100% trust that God will do what He said He would do. The flesh and out senses and experiances tell us differently. God says lay hands on the sick and they will be healed. We look at the sick and say well what if He doesnt heal them I will look foolish. First thing we all do as soon as we fall is look and see if anyone saw us. Pride is deep rooted in us. Christ told us we must be born again, New birth new creation. No generational curse nothing New. So your Spirit is as right with God as Jesus. He sees you the same as Christ. You are you spirit. That is who YOU are. Your flesh will go back to the dust. So you are left with your soul. IE your heart and your mind. Spirit Soul and Body last. Any way. Back to faith. The faith you had to get saved came from God. That same faith is all you need to move any mountian that will ever be in your life. The same Spirit that rasied Christ from the dead dwells in you. We plian and simply do NOT have the faith we think we do. I seen people say oh I was in faith. No you were not why becaus ethe mountian never moved. Faith moves the moutian not your great prayer. Why could we not heal the boy. Jesus said because of your lack of faith. This was after they came back saying even the demons obeyed us. As for the verses that say this type only comes out with fasting and prayer. Both of these aremore to do with spending time with God than anything else. You cant fast with out God and you cant pray to God with out spending time with God. Faith comes from hearing the word. From men? NO. You have no need of man for Holy Ghost will teach you all things. Faith comes from spending time with God. The only thing about little children is they belive what you say. Not blind faith. But 100% trust in there Father and mother. If you wanted to start praying for the sick start with the small things in your house. God will meet you where ever you are at. He wants so much for people just to believe Him. Its so simple. As I said in another post I am praying for my friend in a coma. since near two years. I went last night after much praying in other tounges which also stirs up the spirit in you. No Surrender.

Last edited:

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
Here is a simple way to look at it. We are already blind to what we were origially created to be. So what we really need is our eyes opened. Blind faith is 100% trust that God will do what He said He would do. The flesh and out sences and experiances tell us differently. God says lay hands on the sick and they will be healed. We look at the sick and say well what if He doesnt heal them I will look foolish. First thing we all do as soon as we fall is look and see if anyone saw us. Pride is deep rooted in us. Christ told us we must be born again, New birth new creation. No generational curse nothing New. So your Spirit is as right with God as Jesus. He sees you the same as Christ. You are you spirit. That is who YOU are. Your flesh will go back to the dust. So you are left with your soul. IE your heart and your mind. Spirit Soul and Body last. Any way. Back to faith. The faith you had to get saved came from God. That same faith is all you need to move any mountian that will ever be in your life. The same Spirit that rasied Christ from the dead dwells in you. We plian and simply do NOT have the faith we think we do. I seen people say oh I was in faith. No you were not why becaus ethe mountian never moved. Faith moves the moutian not your great prayer. Why could we not heal the boy. Jesus said because of your lack of faith. This was after they came back saying even the demons obeyed us. As for the verses that say this type only comes out with fasting and prayer. Both of these aremore to do with spending time with God than anything else. You cant fast with out God and you cant pray to God with out spending time with God. Faith comes from hearing the word. From men? NO. You have no need of man for Holy Ghost will teach you all things. Faith comes from spending time with God. The only thing about little children is they belive what you say. Not blind faith. But 100% trust in there Father and mother. If you wanted to start praying for the sick start with the small things in your house. God will meet you where ever you are at. He wants so much for people just to believe Him. Its so simple. As I said in another post I am praying for my friend in a coma. since near two years. I went last night after much praying in other tounges which also stirs up the spirit in you. No Surrender.

You can babble in the spirit of Satan all you want but unless it's been planned by our Creator, it isn't going to happen in the way you think it should happen. God has never had us servants babble in the spirit of Satan after he begins to speak directly into our minds. Babbling in the spirit is for religious people to get sucked into religious traditions and pagan doctrines that will never lead them to the Truth.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, my darling sister Victory ❤️ I am late to this thread. Been away for a few years! Ha!

You asked: 'Why did Jesus say you must become like a little child?'
Why? Because he was the smartest, wisest man alive and we were so woefully
stupid...hahaha! Ok, ignorant or unaware.
I could only say what has been said....the obvious...children have little logic...
they deal in the heart, frequency, and the World of Spirit ...which has no worldly logic..
When we dwell in a place of heart, direct experience that can not be proven,
we enter a world beyond this phoney, illusory world of appearances.
We dwell, then, in what others call
magic and the impossible...a world that with a word someone can be healed;
this is the Doorway to the Kingdom.
And that was one of his missions....to clue us into the Kingdom within.
Can't be done with the intellectual, worldly thought system...just can not be done!

There is a key to the Kingdom...and it is purity...
love7.gif
...The innocence, guilelessness,

wonder of a child.