Why do Catholics…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Irrelevant. Easter has nothing to do with the coming of the Son of Man.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Irrelevant. Easter has nothing to do with the coming of the Son of Man.

that’s the word origin!
Passover is good too!

Jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Do we have to eat the lamb?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do Catholics have holy water? ashes and lent? priests? Special garb for priests? saints with halo’s? kneelers and pews? bishops and cathedrals?
Etc.
Should it not be obvious that the Catholic church invented its own form of False Christianity (which includes all these things)? So what you are doing daily is promoting a false religion, not Bible Christianity.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should it not be obvious that the Catholic church invented its own form of False Christianity (which includes all these things)? So what you are doing daily is promoting a false religion, not Bible Christianity.

one at a time!

first are cathedrals biblical?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do Catholics have holy water?

ashes and lent?

priests?
Special garb for priests?

saints with halo’s?

kneelers and pews?

bishops and cathedrals?

Etc.
Interesting, today I realized that I am not Catholic. With that in mind:

I'm more interesting in learning why they feel the need to make the pattern of the cross before just about everything they do. I think they've taken the cross way too far. It is the symbol of Jesus suffering and death. That man of his time saw fit to remove him so he couldn't take authority over them.

Also why do they kiss the altar and the bible. Those are objects, not people.

Also why is the Eucharist ordinance so long and involved. Jesus didn't have such an ordinance as that. It's so lengthy that it seems obsessive compulsive in nature.

Why do they pray to Mary. Mary isn't God. And God is a Jealous God. In his words, there is no other God beside him.

And these are some of the reasons I realized that I'm not Catholic.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm more interesting in learning why they feel the need to make the pattern of the cross before just about everything they do. I think they've taken the cross way too far. It is the symbol of Jesus suffering and death. That man of his time saw fit to remove him so he couldn't take authority over them.

Also why is the Eucharist ordinance so long and involved. Jesus didn't have such an ordinance as that. It's so lengthy that it seems obsessive compulsive in nature.

Why do they pray to Mary. Mary isn't God. And God is a Jealous God. In his words, there is no other God beside him.

yes Mary is not God

we pray to God thru their intercession
But God hears and grants the prayers
Like Esther of old

there are two parts to the Eucharist one is the sacrifice and sacrament the other is readings of scripture with instruction

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Catholicism has created so much extraneous stuff -- rituals, garb, etc. -- that it bears no resemblance to NT Scripture. It reminds me of the Old Testament religion with all its add-ons. BTW, don't forget all the ornate, expensive cathedrals built with the money of the laity, who are often poor..

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholicism has created so much extraneous stuff -- rituals, garb, etc. -- that it bears no resemblance to Scripture. It reminds me of the Old Testament religion with all its add-ons. BTW, don't forget all the ornate, expensive cathedrals built with the money of the laity, who are often poor..
Yes I noticed that the Catholic Mass is weighed down by so much excessive talk that appears to entertain that God might listen to them that they think they might be heard. I was watching it for the Bible discussion really. I kinda see this when they do their Mass:

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions as the heathen do, for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

But instead of repetition it's super lengthy and filled with differences. But the end means is the same.

But temples and church buildings must be built. And that money should come from the people, rich or poor.

Reactions: Jim B

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why do Catholics have holy water?

ashes and lent?

priests?
Special garb for priests?

saints with halo’s?

kneelers and pews?

bishops and cathedrals?

Etc.
bc Emperor Constantine could not crush nascent Christianity, so he blended it in with the Cult of Sol Invictus, and "Catholicism" was the result

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is to Christians. I know when I say it that's what I mean.

Easter for christians is not from east to west. It is teh celebration of Jesus resurrection.

but Easter gets its title from the celebration of Astaroth or any of her names in other cultures around Easter time. But it matters not to me. A name is a name, but our church now celebrates resurrectio0n Sunday due to the rise of pagan influence in our region.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bc Emperor Constantine could not crush nascent Christianity, so he blended it in with the Cult of Sol Invictus, and "Catholicism" was the result
The first Christians gathered on the first day of the week at sunrise to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus. Does not the sun do this? . The heavens glorify the Lord.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first Christians gathered on the first day of the week at sunrise to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus. Does not the sun do this? . The heavens glorify the Lord.

Well the sun rises at sunrise- that is not rocket science. but that has nothing to do with the Resurrection of the Lord! People spend too much time looking for hidden meanings all around the bible when the plain message is enough to keep us occupied for ten lifetimes!!!!

Reactions: Jim B

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easter for christians is not from east to west. It is teh celebration of Jesus resurrection.

but Easter gets its title from the celebration of Astaroth or any of her names in other cultures around Easter time. But it matters not to me. A name is a name, but our church now celebrates resurrectio0n Sunday due to the rise of pagan influence in our region.
Well, I think what you are thinking of as pagan really rises from a dechristianized culture. Paganism is indigenous religions.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the sun rises at sunrise- that is not rocket science. but that has nothing to do with the Resurrection of the Lord! People spend too much time looking for hidden meanings all around the bible when the plain message is enough to keep us occupied for ten lifetimes!!!!
The plain message is written in the heavens you can continue to ignore it but the first Christians didn't.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where does it say that? I know the disciples were assembled on the Sunday of the Resurrection for fear of the Jews.

John 20:19 "Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you."

Also, Jesus did not ask us to memorialize the Resurrection. He asked us to remember His death through communion.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I think what you are thinking of as pagan really rises from a dechristianized culture. Paganism is indigenous religions.

You think what I think?????? WOW! I know what paganism is. And paganism was the indigenous religions of America before Europe Christianized the land.