Why do Catholics…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pagan is defined as the worship of a false god?
Paul wasn't saying that to the worshipers of the' unknown god' in Athens about their god.

No he didn't. But he used it as an opportunity to preach th egospel without running people down and putting up defensive walls. Their unknown god was not the God of the Bible which by default makes it a pagan deity. Athens had no knowledge of Jesus as God and Messiah so they were not worshipping a form of true worship. A look at Grecian history shows the insane way they erected the altar to the unknown god on Mars Hill.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You misunderstand. It's about the territories they conquered. Isaac Newton wrote brilliantly on the subject. Of course he didn't include America...a bit after his time.

Rome is in the west
Western civilization

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No he didn't. But he used it as an opportunity to preach th egospel without running people down and putting up defensive walls. Their unknown god was not the God of the Bible which by default makes it a pagan deity. Athens had no knowledge of Jesus as God and Messiah so they were not worshipping a form of true worship. A look at Grecian history shows the insane way they erected the altar to the unknown god on Mars Hill.
Yet he said this

Acts 17

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
why were there catholic bishops long before Constantine?

Successors of the apostles
prolly bc I know the wolves will rush in as soon as i leave, not sparing the flock but i dont expect you would be applying that the same way, and i hope you understand that i am not trying to convert you to Christianity, ok? Be the best Catholic you know how to be, imo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
prolly bc I know the wolves will rush in as soon as i leave, not sparing the flock but i dont expect you would be applying that the same way, and i hope you understand that i am not trying to convert you to Christianity, ok? Be the best Catholic you know how to be, imo
Hey bbyrd,

So, I read your post as saying that Catholics are not Christians. What criteria do you use to determine if someone is Christian? OR what are the top 3 doctrines that The Catholic Church holds makes them NOT Christian?

Curious Mary

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

wolves not shepherds!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wolves not shepherds!
Ministers of satan paul says in another place in corinthians .
And guess what , THEY can come right on in within the church and appear as men of righteousness .
YA SHOULD HAVE TESTED THOSE other apostels in the CC my friend . Many brought in things they ought never to have touched
or believed , let alone taught .
So here is a good reminder . And Ye have tested them which SAY they are apostels and have them Liars ..
I TESTED THEM my friend and i did it against bible doctrine that the ORIGINAL apostels wrote
as well as the very words of Christ , as well as many other places in the scriptures .
The CC aint the only place loaded with false apostels . I See many all over the place within christendom itself .
And all are now going under the final end time delusion , but cannot see it , and call it love and unity .
Only its unity is bad news and its love AINT love at all . COME YE OUT FROM AMONGST THEM
partake not of her cup , lest ye recieve of her plagues , FOR GOD WILL JUDGE HER on THE DAY OF THE LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hey bbyrd,

So, I read your post as saying that Catholics are not Christians. What criteria do you use to determine if someone is Christian? OR what are the top 3 doctrines that The Catholic Church holds makes them NOT Christian?

Curious Mary
to what end, mary? i am not interested in another rehash of Catholic interpretations of the Bible, so
Be the best Catholic you know to be imo, what's wrong with that?
And if you ever come to a place where you are prepared to renounce your pope and forgive him of his sins, then we can talk about Christianity