Why do Catholics…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe not in your book, but in the Holy Bible...
Jews are mentioned over 370 times.
Gentiles are mentioned over 150 times.

Seems we have different books from which we derive the Truth.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Is that in yo Bible?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not news. Not disputed. It’s called joined.

I am Joined IN Christ Jesus’ Church.
You are Joined IN the Catholic’s Church.

there is only one true true founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 Jn 10:16 eph 2:20 all others are heretical Protestant sects the tradition of men!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Is that in yo Bible?

Yo! Do you really not understand what this verse means? We are all one people in Christ Jesus, regardless of ethnicity, gender, or employment. Can't Holy Mary make this clear to you when you pray to her?

Reactions: Taken

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is only one true true founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 Jn 10:16 eph 2:20 all others are heretical Protestant sects the tradition of men!

"there is only one true true founded by Christ"? Okay, then. You need to take a break!

BTW, the Catholic denomination is ruled by a dead woman, correct?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no that was the livitical priesthood

we offer the New Testament sacrifice of Christ

low priests under Christ the high priest in the order of melchisedec

Christ was sacrificed once! 1 Corinthians 5:7, "Clean out the old yeast so that you may be a new batch of dough—you are, in fact, without yeast. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

Hebrews 7:27, "Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself."

Hebrews 9:28a, "so
Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many"

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please, carefully define your meaning of each noun in that post so as to communicate your meaning as correctly as possible:

universal:
catholic:
covenant:

Thank you!

universal: catholic
Catholic: universal

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"there is only one true true founded by Christ"? Okay, then. You need to take a break!

BTW, the Catholic denomination is ruled by a dead woman, correct?

iPhone burp

no Christ is the head of the church

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ was sacrificed once! 1 Corinthians 5:7, "Clean out the old yeast so that you may be a new batch of dough—you are, in fact, without yeast. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

Hebrews 7:27, "Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself."

Hebrews 9:28a, "so
Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many"

that’s true as far as it goes!
Once bloody on the cross but for all, all time offered unbloody sacrifice or a clean oblation aka a pure offering as commanded by Christ! Do this in memory of me!

mal 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All equals universal or catholic
Lk 1:10-11
Jn 1:29
Jn 3:16

Correct. "catholic" with a lowercase "c" means all or universal. Catholic with a capital "C" is a denomination.

Luke 1:10-11, "And when the time for the burning of incense came, all the assembled worshipers were praying outside. Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense."

John 1:29, "The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

None of these have anything to do with the meaning of the word "catholic", so why did you post them as references?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s true as far as it goes!
Once bloody on the cross but for all, all time offered unbloody sacrifice or a clean oblation aka a pure offering as commanded by Christ! Do this in memory of me!

mal 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

You are clearly being irrational. And not just this one post. Your recent posts have been bizarre.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. "catholic" with a lowercase "c" means all or universal. Catholic with a capital "C" is a denomination.

Luke 1:10-11, "And when the time for the burning of incense came, all the assembled worshipers were praying outside. Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense."

John 1:29, "The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

None of these have anything to do with the meaning of the word "catholic", so why did you post them as references?

sorry it’s lk 2:10-11

there are no denominations in scripture only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

the new covenant church is the kingdom of God!

Prophecy of the new covenant church fulfilled in the apostolic union with Christ!

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are clearly being irrational. And not just this one post. Your recent posts have been bizarre.

heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
universal: catholic
Catholic: universal
While I may understand what you mean, the definitions I requested were really for the benefit of others who may read this thread. Do you really want to be understood? Do you really want to communicate something good to anyone?

You missed the third one altogether.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Was idol, graven image, standing image, stone, bow down unto it, male, female, any figure.....too vague, because it didn’t include plaster, porcelain, gold, steel, blah, blah, blah?

Silly? Pot calling kettle black.

Lev.26
[1] Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.
Deut.4
[16] Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,
These quotes deal soley with the worship of false gods, which proves you can't read scripture. God did not abolish the proper use of religious statuary or He wouldn't have instructed the Israelites to make statues in the Temple. If you really think a statue of Jesus is worshipped as an idol, it's because you refuse to be taught. You're stuck in the mud.