Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely!!! There's only ONE TRUE CHURCH, ANd all Born Again Christians from all time are part of it.

Not everybody 'gets' that.

R.326d2b5485d3fab4210198750a3165df

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do. I don't know of any Christian of any background who does not honour Mary.

then say “Hail Mary” like the angel! Lk 1:28
And thank Her for consenting to you’re salvation! Lk 1:38

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree completely. There's only ONE TRUE CHURCH of Jesus Christ which is the pillar and the Ground of TRUTH.

The problem is that your Roman Catholic collection of Denominations aren't, and never were any of those things. The Roman Catholic "track record" over the last 1500 years proves that beyond any shadow of doubt.

only Peter and his successors have the jurisdictional authority of the kingdom!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
then say “Hail Mary” like the angel! Lk 1:28
And thank Her for consenting to you’re salvation! Lk 1:38
Hail Mary is worship and I refuse to worship a woman, even one I honour as much as Mary.

And as to your second remark, how has Mary consented to my Salvation? I acknowledge that without her Jesus would not have been born but it's a far cry from that to saying the passage say she consented to our Salvation as well as her own because she couldn't have understood the cost of our Salvation to her first born son.

Luke 1:38
“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.

Last edited:

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only Peter and his successors have the jurisdictional authority of the kingdom!

SO Says Rome, who tossed the Orthodox denominations under to bus in 1050, so that they could be in charge of the Visible Church, and start building their own brand of "Theology". Fact is that ANY Born Again Christian may have any calling (listed in Ephesians 4:11-13). "APOSTOLIC SUCCESSION" is one Catholicism's BIGGEST LIES. And they can't even demonstrate ever having had it in their OWN history.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
SO Says Rome, who tossed the Orthodox denominations under to bus in 1050, so that they could be in charge of the Visible Church, and start building their own brand of "Theology". Fact is that ANY Born Again Christian may have any calling (listed in Ephesians 4:11-13). "APOSTOLIC SUCCESSION" is one Catholicism's BIGGEST LIES. And they can't even demonstrate ever having had it in their OWN history.
If we have the Holy Spirit we have authority

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW!!!! That was a vast assortment of Roman Catholic Drivel, And false self-serving conclusions about perfectly WONDERFUL Scriptures.

to attack the church is to attack Christ the divine founder! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hail Mary is worship and I refuse to worship a woman, even one I honour as much as Mary.

And as to your second remark, how has Mary consented to my Salvation? I acknowledge that without her Jesus would not have been born but it's a far cry from that to saying the passage say she consented to our Salvation as well as her own because she couldn't have understood the cost of our Salvation to her first born son.

Luke 1:38
“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.

Wycliffe Bible (Protestant version)

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.

30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

31 Lo! thou shalt conceive in [the] womb, and shalt bear a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus.

32 This shall be great [He shall be great], and he shall be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God shall give to him the seat of David, his father,

33 and he shall reign in the house of Jacob without end [and he shall reign in the house of Jacob into without end], and of his realm shall be none end.

34 And Mary said to the angel, On what manner shall this thing be done, for I know not man?

35 And the angel answered, and said to her, The Holy Ghost shall come from above into thee, and the virtue of the Highest shall overshadow thee; and therefore that holy thing that shall be born of thee, shall be called the Son of God.

36 And lo! Elisabeth, thy cousin, and she also hath conceived a son in her old (age), and this month is the sixth to her that is called barren;

37 for every word shall not be impossible with God.

38 And Mary said, Lo! the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me after thy word. And the angel departed from her.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary & Eve!

Eve was of the First creation: carnal
Mary of the New creation: spiritual

Eve the cos of Sin and curse disobeyed God! Gen 3:12
Mary cos of salvation, Lk 1:30 & consented to our salvation Lk 1:38 obeyed God & found our salvation Lk 1:30

Eve mourned:
Mary rejoiced: Lk 1:46

Eve gave birth to the all sinners: mother of all the living. Gen 3:20
Mary to the savior of all men: mother of all living in Christ. Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mary the mother of God! Lk 1:43

Eve brought punishment: gen 3:16
Mary salvation: Lk 1:30 & 38 Lk 2:30

Eve source of sin: gen 3:16
Mary source of grace: Lk 1:30 & 38

Eve brought death: gen 3:19
Mary life: Jn 1:16-17 & Jn 10:10

Eve only wounds & suffering: gen 3:19
Mary healing:

Eve infidelity: gen 3:6
Mary faithfulness: Lk 1:45

Eve offended the Lord: gen 3:6-7
Mary’s soul (being) doth magnify the Lord: Lk 1:46

Eve cursed: gen 3:17-19
Mary blessed: Lk 1:28

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women!
Lk 1:28

Sirach 24
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition

24 I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope.
25 In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue.
26 Come over to me, all ye that desire me, and be filled with my fruits.
27 For my spirit is sweet above honey, and my inheritance above honey and the honeycomb.
28 My memory is unto everlasting generations.
(I know this scripture is deleted by the tradition of men in the KJV)

The Dove, & rainbow signs of peace are types of Mary mother of our salvation who obtained peace for all men!

Song of Solomon 1:2
Smelling sweet of the best ointments. Thy name is as oil poured out: therefore young maidens have loved thee.
Oil heals and fuels the flame, and is the fruit of the olive (peace) so the name of Mary is our peace, and healing, and fire of divine love!

Proverbs 8:35
He that shall find me, shall find life, and shall have salvation from the Lord:

And hundreds more, you will find in the excellent book by Saint Alphonse Lugosi the glories of Mary!

Lk 1:45 all generations shall call me blessed!

Actually this is an exultation of thanksgiving for having obtain thier eternal salvation!

Mary and all the saints grace, virtues, and merits are from God’s infinite goodness mercy and love and they end in the God glory!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So says Jesus Christ truth incarnate!

matt 16:18-19

acts 1:26 Mathias successeded judas

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shall We suffer, what would indeed be iniquitous, the truth, and a truth divinely revealed, to be made a subject for compromise? For here there is question of defending revealed truth. Jesus Christ sent His Apostles into the whole world in order that they might permeate all nations with the Gospel faith, and, lest they should err, He willed beforehand that they should be taught by the Holy Ghost:[15] has then this doctrine of the Apostles completely vanished away, or sometimes been obscured, in the Church, whose ruler and defense is God Himself? If our Redeemer plainly said that His Gospel was to continue not only during the times of the Apostles, but also till future ages, is it possible that the object of faith should in the process of time become so obscure and uncertain, that it would be necessary to-day to tolerate opinions which are even incompatible one with another? If this were true, we should have to confess that the coming of the Holy Ghost on the Apostles, and the perpetual indwelling of the same Spirit in the Church, and the very preaching of Jesus Christ, have several centuries ago, lost all their efficacy and use, to affirm which would be blasphemy. But the Only-begotten Son of God, when He commanded His representatives to teach all nations, obliged all men to give credence to whatever was made known to them by "witnesses preordained by God,"[16] and also confirmed His command with this sanction: "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be condemned."[17] These two commands of Christ, which must be fulfilled, the one, namely, to teach, and the other to believe, cannot even be understood, unless the Church proposes a complete and easily understood teaching, and is immune when it thus teaches from all danger of erring. In this matter, those also turn aside from the right path, who think that the deposit of truth such laborious trouble, and with such lengthy study and discussion, that a man's life would hardly suffice to find and take possession of it; as if the most merciful God had spoken through the prophets and His Only-begotten Son merely in order that a few, and those stricken in years, should learn what He had revealed through them, and not that He might inculcate a doctrine of faith and morals, by which man should be guided through the whole course of his moral life.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
to attack the church is to attack Christ the divine founder! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32
We are not attacking the Church but pointing out certain untrue and misguided religious practices and doctrines so you can't say one day before God that nobody ever showed you the truth.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wycliffe Bible (Protestant version)

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.

30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

31 Lo! thou shalt conceive in [the] womb, and shalt bear a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus.

32 This shall be great [He shall be great], and he shall be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God shall give to him the seat of David, his father,

33 and he shall reign in the house of Jacob without end [and he shall reign in the house of Jacob into without end], and of his realm shall be none end.

34 And Mary said to the angel, On what manner shall this thing be done, for I know not man?

35 And the angel answered, and said to her, The Holy Ghost shall come from above into thee, and the virtue of the Highest shall overshadow thee; and therefore that holy thing that shall be born of thee, shall be called the Son of God.

36 And lo! Elisabeth, thy cousin, and she also hath conceived a son in her old (age), and this month is the sixth to her that is called barren;

37 for every word shall not be impossible with God.

38 And Mary said, Lo! the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me after thy word. And the angel departed from her.
I don't understand. Please explain in your own words.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you know exactly what I mean. They're PHYSICALLY DEAD. IF they were Born Again Christians (and not just religious Catholics) they're still alive in Heaven, along with every other Born Again Christian - ALL OF WHOM are "Saints" according to the Bible.

Yeah I know that to be canonized, Catholic "Saints" have to "prove" that they were able to "arm twist" God into doing at least a couple of things that people asked 'em in prayer for after they croak. More Roman Catholic pagan foolishness.
No - it;s called, "Church Authority" and it is God-given - and was NEVER granted to a single one of your Protestant Fathers . . .

Matt 16:18-19

I will give yYOU the keys to the kingdom of heaven. WHATEVER YOU BIND on earth shall be bound in heaven; and WHATEVER YOU LOOSE on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Matt. 18:15-18
"If your brother sins (against you), go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother.
If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that 'every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.'
If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.
Amen, I say to you, WHATEVER YOU BIND on earth shall be bound in heaven, and WHATEVER YOU LOOSE on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

John 16:12-15
“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to ALL truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to YOU the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is MINE; for this reason I told you that he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

John 20:21-23
Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent ME, so I send YOU.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins YOU FORGIVE are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU RETAIN are retained.”

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree completely. There's only ONE TRUE CHURCH of Jesus Christ which is the pillar and the Ground of TRUTH.

The problem is that your Roman Catholic collection of Denominations aren't, and never were any of those things. The Roman Catholic"track record" over the last 1500 years proves that beyond any shadow of doubt.
WOW!!!! That was a vast assortment of Roman Catholic Drivel, And false self-serving conclusions about perfectly WONDERFUL Scriptures.
I f you actually knoew what you were talking about, you wouldn't use the ignorant term, "Roman Catholi" for ALL things Catholic.

"Roman"
simply refers to ONE of about TWENTY Liturgical Rites that comnprose the Catholic Church. Some of thes other Rites include the Chaldean, the Melkite, Maronite, Byzanntine, Coptic, etc. - and they are ALL in full communion with each other.

In short, it's not the "Roman" Catholic Church - it's simply the Catholic Church.
So, now that you have been informed, maybe you'll start using the correct terminology . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You "Worship" your "Blessed Virgin" and your "Saints" evert time you go to them for HELP to get God to do what you want Him to.
Not according to the Bible . . .

James 5:16
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Rev. 5:8
And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

Asking a member of the Body of Christ here on earth to pray for you is NO different than asking a member of that SMAE Body in Heaven to pray for you.
Tell me - when did you kick those in Heaven OUT of the Body of Christ?

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem here is that most Fundamentalists have no clue as to how informed Catholics can justify their distinctive beliefs and practices from Scripture. So instead they create a silly straw man of Catholicism so they can refute irrelevancies. What is needed I guess are several threads devoted to the biblical basis for specific Catholic beliefs and practices. As a Pentecostal theology professor for 12 years in a Catholic university, I guess I need to volunteer for these new threads. Sigh!

Reactions: Pearl

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not attacking the Church but pointing out certain untrue and misguided religious practices and doctrines so you can't say one day before God that nobody ever showed you the truth.

name one!