Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken....said:......Scriptures teaches to not make images.

where does it say so?

EX 20
Lev 1:
[1] Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

bowing down is no sin, only worship of anything other that God.

I didn’t question Sin. The question is about bowing down before Statues.

* Graven images ARE created stone, rock, plaster, gold, silver, etc....they do not have EARS that Hear....they do not have MOUTHS that speak.
* Why waste your words on a graven image, instead of Speaking TO the Lord Jesus, (IF you are not saved)? or Directly to God (IF you are saved)?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

It doesn't say that if somebody else believes and gets you baptised without your knowing anything about it. What it does say is that you must believe and then be baptised. Not all who were baptised as babies will be part of Christ's Church and to tell them they are is to prevent them from coming to Jesus by their own choice which is the only way that counts.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith , you said"
Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32
apostles have the same mission power and authority as Christ Jn 20:21-23 even to judge and forgive sins and be the light of the world!"

That doesn't even go along with what Pearl wrote. You are off somewhere else. God bless you, @theefaith but you remind me of the doll I used to have when I was little. Pull the string, and she would say 11 different things. Same script, just different times to say it.

Reactions: Taken and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christ and his church are one!
You keep on saying that @theefaith , and nobody disagrees with you. What is debatable is what you see as Christ's church. You yourself have said that there is only one true church which is the Catholic church. Now I strongly disagree with you about that and so will many others.

Reactions: Taken and Cassandra

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the whole thought....

Mar 16:16...He who believes and is baptized will be saved; ......"believing in the gospel of salvation comes first....getting baptized is the first sign of obedience to the command to be baptized.

....but he who does not believe will be condemned.​

Roman Catholicism says that you get baptized as an infant. Infants cannot believe anything!
  • Infant baptism is not in Scripture. And against that statement there is no evidence. There is no refuting of that statement. Scripture nowhere advocates infant baptism; it nowhere mentions infant baptism; it doesn’t exist in the Bible. There is no example of it; there is no comment on it; it’s not there.

Reactions: Pearl and Cassandra

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ONE TRUE CHURCH

There is and has only ever been one true Church; the church which can only be entered through the narrow gate, which is Jesus

The Church that Jesus talked about – his bride. The biblical Church, which is made up only of those who have experience spiritual re-birth from whatever church background or none, worldwide, past , present and future. Those who through the revelation of the Holy Spirit have seen Jesus for who he is, recognised what he did, turned from their sin and accepted him into their hearts and lives as Lord and Saviour. Anybody who hasn’t taken these steps towards him and made that commitment is not, in my view, part of the biblical meaning of Church. And in my experience many church-goers and even clergy fall outside these criteria. You can't be born as part of the Church, a Christian, you must take steps and make the choice.

Reactions: Cassandra

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Read the whole thought....

Mar 16:16...He who believes and is baptized will be saved; ......"believing in the gospel of salvation comes first....getting baptized is the first sign of obedience to the command to be baptized.

....but he who does not believe will be condemned.​

Roman Catholicism says that you get baptized as an infant. Infants cannot believe anything!
  • Infant baptism is not in Scripture. And against that statement there is no evidence. There is no refuting of that statement. Scripture nowhere advocates infant baptism; it nowhere mentions infant baptism; it doesn’t exist in the Bible. There is no example of it; there is no comment on it; it’s not there.
Catholics will tell you that the proof for infant baptism is when Jesus said let the little children come to me and also where it says that whole household was baptised.

Matthew 19:14
Acts 16:33

And yet they seem to ignore the words of Peter:

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized". And we all know that babies can't repent.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
where does scripture say images are forbidden
Really????

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; (Exodus 20:3-5)

Reactions: Pearl

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not bowing down to worship.

Bowing down IS Worshiping.
Bow your head; Bow your body;
IS Lowering yourself as you exalt and uplift something Higher than yourself.

* Bowing BEFORE “something”...an idol, a statue, a person IS exalting and uplifting that “THING” you are Bowing BEFORE...Higher than yourself.
* It IS a form of WORSHIPING that “thing”, by exalting that “thing” Higher than yourself.

Even an Angel FORBID a man to BOW down BEFORE the angel, knowing it is a sign of Worship.

Rev 22:
[8] And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
[9] Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant

Servants of the Lord God, BOW DOWN as a Servant to Worship the Lord God.

Men who BOW DOW TO, (statues, Idols, People) ARE Servants of the “thing”, they bow down TO.

Are you a Servant of a “Statue” ?
Are you a Servant of woman named Mary?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith

@theefaith but you remind me of the doll I used to have when I was little. Pull the string, and she would say 11 different things. Same script, just different times to say it.

:p It’s called pre-programming.
What is an idol? Reply; My name is Molly.
What is worship? Reply; I have a brother.
What is service? Reply; I like to play.

What is an idol? Reply; Not sin.
What is worship? Reply; Not sin.
What is praying? Reply; Not sin.
:rolleyes:

Irrelevant deflective, circular, gaslighting.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

EX 20
Lev 1:
[1] Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

* Graven images ARE created stone, rock, plaster, gold, silver, etc....they do not have EARS that Hear....they do not have MOUTHS that speak.
* Why waste your words on a graven image, instead of Speaking TO the Lord Jesus, (IF you are not saved)? or Directly to God (IF you are saved)?

why did God command images?

Num 21:9
Ex 37:7

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

It doesn't say that if somebody else believes and gets you baptised without your knowing anything about it. What it does say is that you must believe and then be baptised. Not all who were baptised as babies will be part of Christ's Church and to tell them they are is to prevent them from coming to Jesus by their own choice which is the only way that counts.

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized.
(It does not say except infants)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why did God command images?
Num 21:9

Scripture tells you WHY. For men to LOOK at the image.

Scripture tells you WHY. For men of the Congregation to heartfully, willingly, offer their possessions and offer thier workings of those possessions FOR the Sanctuary OF the Lord God.

What does LOOKING at images and Offering possessions & works unto the Lord God, have to do with BOWING DOWN before statutes?

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not bowing down to worship
Bowing down IS Worshiping.
Bow your head; Bow your body;
IS Lowering yourself as you exalt and uplift something Higher than yourself.
Amen! the rcc demanded for 27 years that I "bow down" to their EVERY word
(bondage/control/slavery) IN FEAR, or go to hell, BUT:

The LORD God Almighty, Who Loved
me, Offered HIS Precious Gift Of
HIS SON, Who Gave HIMSELF For
me, so that I WON'T go to hell, Says:

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but By EVERY WORD That
Proceedeth Out Of The Mouth Of God!"
(Matthew 4:4; Luke 4:4) ie:

EVERY PURE and PERFECT WORD (KJB!), that "HE Has MAGNIFIED
Above ALL Of HIS Holy Name!" (Psalms 12:6-7; 138:2)

serving And bowing/worshipping HIM In "love, joy, And PEACE!" =

Bibliolatry?
(I was accused of once!) = GUILTY!! As Charged! Amen?

GRACE And Peace...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

EX 20
Lev 1:

Saved?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you confused?

Jesus is an INTERCESSORY, for Believers, which means Jesus Speaks to God on a Believers behalf.

The Converted (which ARE the SAVED), have no INTERCESSORY. The Converted Saved man, Speaks Directly TO their God on their Own behalf, IN Jesus’ Name......
While the Converted speak directly TO God, they Always Acknowledge Jesus by Name, In Remembrance, it was Jesus’ Sacrifice that MADE IT POSSIBLE for that man to HAVE a Direct Relationship with God.

What does that have to do with bowing down to Statues?

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture tells you WHY. For men to LOOK at the image.

Scripture tells you WHY. For men of the Congregation to heartfully, willingly, offer their possessions and offer thier workings of those possessions FOR the Sanctuary OF the Lord God.

What does LOOKING at images and Offering possessions & works unto the Lord God, have to do with BOWING DOWN before statutes?

images are not forbidden only worship of them

prayer to our spiritual mother and the saints is not worship