Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why did God command images?
He didn't.

Exo 32:7...And the LORD said to Moses, “Go down, for your people, whom you brought up out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves.
Exo 32:8...They have turned aside quickly out of the way that I commanded them. They have made for themselves a golden calf and have worshiped it and sacrificed to it and said, ‘These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt!’”

Exo 32:19...And as soon as he came near the camp and saw the calf and the dancing, Moses’ anger burned hot, and he threw the tablets out of his hands and broke them at the foot of the mountain.
Exo 32:20...He took the calf that they had made and burned it with fire and ground it to powder and scattered it on the water and made the people of Israel drink it.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
images are not forbidden only worship of them

prayer to our spiritual mother and the saints is not worship

God alone is Omnipresent and Omniscient. You have got to know that. He would hear your prayer immediately.
Mary and the saints are neither omnipresent nor omniscient. They can't hear you.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where does scripture say images are forbidden
People worship many things other that just Mariolitry worship....

Deu 4:19...And beware lest you lift up your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, you be drawn away and worship them and serve them, things which the LORD your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven.

Isa 2:20...In that day men will cast forth their idols of silver and their idols of gold, which they made for themselves to worship, to the moles and to the bats,

Isa 46:6...Those who lavish gold from the purse, and weigh out silver in the scales, hire a goldsmith, and he makes it into a god; then they fall down and worship!

Eze 20:32..."What is in your mind shall never happen--the thought, 'Let us be like the nations, like the tribes of the countries, and worship wood and stone.'

Mat 15:8'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me;
Mat 15:9...in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.'"

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Acts 16:15 entire household baptized.
(It does not say except infants)
It doesn't say there were either. And by household it meant the servants as well as the owners.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Acts 16:15 entire household baptized.
(It does not say except infants)
@theefaith we are all trying to give you a wider understanding of Church than the restricted one you have. You do not appear to use your own voice but re-hash the falsehoods you have been taught from a young age, thus preventing you from seeking Jesus for yourself. Please, prayerfully reflect on what has been said to you. Perhaps even consider that what you believe may not, in fact, be the truth. Don't continue to accept the Catholic teaching without realising that by doing so you may be rejecting Jesus just as the religious leaders of his day did. Which is most important to you, church as you see it or Jesus? And please don't reply in quotes or scripture references.

Reactions: Moriah's Song

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

Simple:
Diana/Artimus was very popular in Rome, and so the early Roman churches just added their popular Goddess to the "christian" mix, and re-purposed Diana as the Catholic "Mary thing", and have been building on that lie for a couple of thousand years, instead of properly relating to the REAL Mary.

The REAL Mary was a normal obedient Jewish gal, who was selected by God to bear His SON, and raise Him in a good Jewish Household along with His half siblings. She didn't really have a CLUE who Jesus REALLY was, or what his mission/ministry (after He was joined by the Holy Spirit at John's Baptism) would turn out to be. But she handled her Calling beautifully, and is held it high and proper esteem by folks OUTSIDE the Catholic churches, who have been deceived into worshipping their "Blessed Virgin" thing.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
images are not forbidden only worship of them

prayer to our spiritual mother and the saints is not worship

You are dancing in circles.
Consider the facts.

When you make a person equal with the Lord Jesus,
When a statue is made of that person,
When you bow down before that statue,
When you call out that persons name....
You are worshiping and praying to that statue, as a person, equal to the Lord.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! the rcc demanded for 27 years that I "bow down" to their EVERY word
(bondage/control/slavery) IN FEAR, or go to hell, BUT:

The LORD God Almighty, Who Loved
me, Offered HIS Precious Gift Of
HIS SON, Who Gave HIMSELF For
me, so that I WON'T go to hell, Says:

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but By EVERY WORD That
Proceedeth Out Of The Mouth Of God!"
(Matthew 4:4; Luke 4:4) ie:

EVERY PURE and PERFECT WORD (KJB!), that "HE Has MAGNIFIED
Above ALL Of HIS Holy Name!" (Psalms 12:6-7; 138:2)

serving And bowing/worshipping HIM In "love, joy, And PEACE!" =

Bibliolatry?
(I was accused of once!) = GUILTY!! As Charged! Amen?

GRACE And Peace...

how were you saved?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! the rcc demanded for 27 years that I "bow down" to their EVERY word
(bondage/control/slavery) IN FEAR, or go to hell, BUT:

The LORD God Almighty, Who Loved
me, Offered HIS Precious Gift Of
HIS SON, Who Gave HIMSELF For
me, so that I WON'T go to hell, Says:

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but By EVERY WORD That
Proceedeth Out Of The Mouth Of God!"
(Matthew 4:4; Luke 4:4) ie:

EVERY PURE and PERFECT WORD (KJB!), that "HE Has MAGNIFIED
Above ALL Of HIS Holy Name!" (Psalms 12:6-7; 138:2)

serving And bowing/worshipping HIM In "love, joy, And PEACE!" =

Bibliolatry?
(I was accused of once!) = GUILTY!! As Charged! Amen?

GRACE And Peace...

do you not owe obedience to Christ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you confused?

Jesus is an INTERCESSORY, for Believers, which means Jesus Speaks to God on a Believers behalf.

The Converted (which ARE the SAVED), have no INTERCESSORY. The Converted Saved man, Speaks Directly TO their God on their Own behalf, IN Jesus’ Name......
While the Converted speak directly TO God, they Always Acknowledge Jesus by Name, In Remembrance, it was Jesus’ Sacrifice that MADE IT POSSIBLE for that man to HAVE a Direct Relationship with God.

What does that have to do with bowing down to Statues?

scripture says you’re not “saved”

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He didn't.

Exo 32:7...And the LORD said to Moses, “Go down, for your people, whom you brought up out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves.
Exo 32:8...They have turned aside quickly out of the way that I commanded them. They have made for themselves a golden calf and have worshiped it and sacrificed to it and said, ‘These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt!’”

Exo 32:19...And as soon as he came near the camp and saw the calf and the dancing, Moses’ anger burned hot, and he threw the tablets out of his hands and broke them at the foot of the mountain.
Exo 32:20...He took the calf that they had made and burned it with fire and ground it to powder and scattered it on the water and made the people of Israel drink it.

no not those but these

Num 21:9
Ex 37:7

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So says you....but that is not what God says!

What are those kneeling benches for? Why do some kiss the feet of a Mary statue? Why pray to Mary when she is dead?

to kneel before God of course!
Love devotion reverence and prayer are not worship

worship requires sacrifice adoration reparation

dead? Oh no! That’s blasphemy against Jesus Christ who is the resurrection and the life!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God alone is Omnipresent and Omniscient. You have got to know that. He would hear your prayer immediately.
Mary and the saints are neither omnipresent nor omniscient. They can't hear you.

the Holy Spirit had a role here

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People worship many things other that just Mariolitry worship....

Deu 4:19...And beware lest you lift up your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, you be drawn away and worship them and serve them, things which the LORD your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven.

Isa 2:20...In that day men will cast forth their idols of silver and their idols of gold, which they made for themselves to worship, to the moles and to the bats,

Isa 46:6...Those who lavish gold from the purse, and weigh out silver in the scales, hire a goldsmith, and he makes it into a god; then they fall down and worship!

Eze 20:32..."What is in your mind shall never happen--the thought, 'Let us be like the nations, like the tribes of the countries, and worship wood and stone.'

Mat 15:8'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me;
Mat 15:9...in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.'"

where does scripture say for you to be a fundamentalist full of pride presumption and arrogance
Spiritual blindness
Total rebellion against Christ and his church?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't say there were either. And by household it meant the servants as well as the owners.

There is the 2000 yr history of the church founded by Christ that has always baptized infants
Jn 3:5 cannot enter the kingdom without baptism