Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care. Point is, you ran away when our discussion got tough for you, nor did you back up your claims I'm "clearly incapable of having a meaningful discussion" and offered "bizarre ideas." You lose respect with behavior like that.

Lol, you said you were going to start doing that two days ago.

Is this some kind of macho thing with you? "Ran away"? You're a tragic pseudo-macho [expletive removed].

I don't want or need respect from you or people like you. And I am free to post or not, according to when and how I choose to communicate.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see if that holds water...

Hitler has a son
his son lets the prison camps go free
therefore Hitler is the father of their salvation

Nope!

no that’s a decision based act or behavior

christ and Mary refers to a relationship

mother and son!

only one person in history has a family relationship with God and that’s Mary and Mary has three of them!

Unique!

daughter of the Father
Mother of the son
Spouse of the Holy Spirit

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

mother and son!

only one person in history has a family relationship with God and that’s Mary and Mary has three of them!

Unique!

daughter of the Father
Mother of the son

Are you nuts?

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Mary was the "daughter of the Father".
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Mary was the "spouse of the Holy Spirit".

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

mother and son!

Unique!

daughter of the Father
Mother of the son

you have made mary into deity. she is clearly your salvation ... not Jesus.

Reactions: Jim B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you nuts?

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Mary was the "daughter of the Father".
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Mary was the "spouse of the Holy Spirit".

We don’t believe you’re heretical doctrine of the Bible alone

Mary is depicted as the spouse of the Holy Spirit therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.” Lk 1:35

This is nuptial language hearkening back to Ruth 3:8, where Ruth said to Boaz “spread your skirt over me” when she revealed to him his duty to marry her according to the law of Deuteronomy 25. When Mary became pregnant, Joseph would have been required to divorce her because she would then belong to another (see Dt 24:1-4; Jer 3:1). But when Joseph found out that “the other” was the Holy Spirit, the idea of his having conjugal relations with Mary was not a consideration

Psalm 9:14
That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation.

mother of our salvation

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith has denied Jesus

how?

Mary is depicted as the spouse of the Holy Spirit therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.” Lk 1:35

This is nuptial language hearkening back to Ruth 3:8, where Ruth said to Boaz “spread your skirt over me” when she revealed to him his duty to marry her according to the law of Deuteronomy 25. When Mary became pregnant, Joseph would have been required to divorce her because she would then belong to another (see Dt 24:1-4; Jer 3:1). But when Joseph found out that “the other” was the Holy Spirit, the idea of his having conjugal relations with Mary was not a consideration

That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation.

mother of our salvation

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don’t believe you’re heretical doctrine of the Bible alone

mother of our salvation

Of course you don't believe it! And that is the problem! God's word is... God's word! If you don't believe it, you don't believe God!

Instead you believe the false ideology of the Catholic denomination. That is a very serious and very tragic mistake! Repent while you can!!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how?

mother of our salvation

The spouse of the Holy Spirit? There is nothing in the Bible that makes that bizarre claim. Mary's spouse was Joseph.

Matthew 1:24-25, "When Joseph awoke from sleep he did what the angel of the Lord told him. He took his wife, but did not have marital relations with her until she gave birth to a son, whom he named Jesus." BTW, since Jesus had brothers, it's obvious that Joseph and Mary had intercourse after this.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you don't believe it! And that is the problem! God's word is... God's word! If you don't believe it, you don't believe God!

Instead you believe the false ideology of the Catholic denomination. That is a very serious and very tragic mistake! Repent while you can!!!

I believe God’s word of course
But you’re 66 books which is the tradition of men and all of God’s word! Daniel 13? Is that God’s word?

Lk 3:2 did a book fall from the sky
The word of the Lord came unto John for sure, but not by the Bible alone!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spouse of the Holy Spirit? There is nothing in the Bible that makes that bizarre claim. Mary's spouse was Joseph.

Matthew 1:24-25, "When Joseph awoke from sleep he did what the angel of the Lord told him. He took his wife, but did not have marital relations with her until she gave birth to a son, whom he named Jesus." BTW, since Jesus had brothers, it's obvious that Joseph and Mary had intercourse after this.

only promised or betrothed as wife to Joseph

the HS conceived in His holy and pure spouse

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God’s word of course
But you’re 66 books which is the tradition of men and all of God’s word! Daniel 13? Is that God’s word?

Lk 3:2 did a book fall from the sky
The word of the Lord came unto John for sure, but not by the Bible alone!

Luke 3:2, "during the high priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas, the word of God came to John the son of Zechariah in the wilderness."

The term translated “word” here is not λόγος (logos) but ῥῆμα (rhēma), and thus could refer to the call of the Lord to John to begin ministry."
NET translator's note.

Why do you ask such a bizarre question?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only promised or betrothed as wife to Joseph

the HS conceived in His holy and pure spouse

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Again, Matthew 1:24-25, "When Joseph awoke from sleep he did what the angel of the Lord told him. He took his wife, but did not have marital relations with her until she gave birth to a son, whom he named Jesus."

Or, since you prefer the King James Version, 24 "Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus."

The Bible (in every translation) says that Mary was Joseph's wife. I believe the Bible! You don't have to have intercourse to be married, you know.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have certainly denied Jesus name at baptism (which is where we take on the name)

You have REMOVED Jesus NAME from baptism and replaced it with a generic "SON"
Is the name of your son = son?

Further, you replaced baptism itself, which is immersion / burial .... and replaced it with "sprinkling"

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
[4] Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
[5] For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Therefor you do not have the name nor the burial with him. You have denied him.

Reactions: Jim B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, Matthew 1:24-25, "When Joseph awoke from sleep he did what the angel of the Lord told him. He took his wife, but did not have marital relations with her until she gave birth to a son, whom he named Jesus."

Or, since you prefer the King James Version, 24 "Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus."

The Bible (in every translation) says that Mary was Joseph's wife. I believe the Bible! You don't have to have intercourse to be married, you know.

As you’re wife

Matthew 1:20
World English Bible

20 But when he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, don’t be afraid to take to yourself Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

New Living Translation

20 As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you’re wife

World English Bible

20 But when he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, don’t be afraid to take to yourself Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

New Living Translation

20 As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit.

Right. Joseph took Mary as his wife. So they married!

Reactions: amigo de christo