Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lived as husband and wife without sex lk 1:34
And knew her NOT TILL AFTER the BIRTH of CHRIST .
One would think if this perpetual virginity was such a HUGE TRUTH , That would have said
AND he knew her not EVER ONCE for mary remained a virgin . RATHER ODD , however , it says clearly HE KNEW HER NOT
TILL AFTER , TILL AFTER the BIRTH . exactly thee faith . OPEN BIBLE , READ BIBLE , LOVE THE TRUTH
and stop reading it through the lens of catholicism , just as i tell others to stop reading it and using it to support
their own denominations . JUST READ and learn .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lived as husband and wife without sex lk 1:34

That happened before Jesus was born.. How many times must you be told that the Bible says that Jesus had brothers? Either they were all born via the Holy Spirit (which is of course untrue) or Mary and Joseph had intercourse multiple times.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have certainly denied Jesus name at baptism (which is where we take on the name)

You have REMOVED Jesus NAME from baptism and replaced it with a generic "SON"
Is the name of your son = son?

Further, you replaced baptism itself, which is immersion / burial .... and replaced it with "sprinkling"

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
[4] Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
[5] For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Therefor you do not have the name nor the burial with him. You have denied him.

Immersion, pouring, sprinkling are valid forms of baptism.

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. (Baptism)

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

matt 28:18 are His words not mine!

Baptism:

Matt 28:19

The holy church obeys the command Of Jesus!

Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ…

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing so remain in Christ!

Keep his commandment!

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 Jn 2:5 But who so keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

His word: Matt 28:19

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Immersion, pouring, sprinkling are valid forms of baptism.

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. (Baptism)

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

matt 28:18 are His words not mine!

Baptism:

Matt 28:19

The holy church obeys the command Of Jesus!

Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ…

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing so remain in Christ!

Keep his commandment!

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 Jn 2:5 But who so keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

His word: Matt 28:19

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

1 Peter 1:1-2, " From Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those temporarily residing abroad (in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, the province of Asia, and Bithynia) who are chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father by being set apart by the Spirit for obedience and for sprinkling with Jesus Christ’s blood. May grace and peace be yours in full measure!"

So, by this verse, it shows that sprinkling with water doesn't do anything, right? You must be sprinkled with Jesus Christ's blood! Now that presents a real problem! How does anyone get ahold of Jesus Christ's blood? So all other forms of baptism are invalid!

Don't you see how your misinterpretation of the Bible creates all kinds of false doctrine? You have departed from the truth of God's word and created all kinds of nonsensical myths.

I suggest that you take some time off, get a translation that is clear and understandable, read it carefully and prayerfully, asking God to reveal His truths to you. Perhaps you will learn how many false teachings have crept into your thinking, either on your own or from Catholic doctrine.

Perhaps not.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And knew her NOT TILL AFTER the BIRTH of CHRIST .
One would think if this perpetual virginity was such a HUGE TRUTH , That would have said
AND he knew her not EVER ONCE for mary remained a virgin . RATHER ODD , however , it says clearly HE KNEW HER NOT
TILL AFTER , TILL AFTER the BIRTH . exactly thee faith . OPEN BIBLE , READ BIBLE , LOVE THE TRUTH
and stop reading it through the lens of catholicism , just as i tell others to stop reading it and using it to support
their own denominations . JUST READ and learn .

Biblical principles

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

A son singular not a family:

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Only the God-man is born of a Virgin-mother

Perpetual Virginity of Mary!

Mary conceived "without any detriment to her virginity, which remained inviolate even after his birth" (apostolic Council of the Lateran, 649) with the jurisdictional authority of Peter and the apostles in holy council! Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20 bound on earth bound in heaven!

The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ!

And the Bible says Her child is holy! And Her child is God!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the temple & dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

(The Bible says only the Holy Ghost conceived in Mary)

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(A son singular) (only Jesus is savior)

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!

Blessed art thou amongst all women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
(The fruit of Her womb is blessed and holy)

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
(A son, singular)

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Her son is God)

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

Lk 1:34 no sex ever!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!

The Bible says Joseph a just and therefore a chaste man, it does not say he has gone into Mary anywhere in scripture, 2 Sam 12:24 And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the Lord loved him. Gen 4:1 Adam knew his wife, Lk 1:34 betrothed to Joseph say “I know no man, scripture Never says this about a Joseph, for He was full of fear and reverence for Her immaculate purity and holiness! Especially after hearing from an angel that her child was of the Holy Spirit! Joseph was full of joy to be the guardian of Mary and her purity!

Isa 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.

12 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem

Adam and Eve were married in the garden but did not have sex, marriage is made by consent not sex!

Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That happened before Jesus was born.. How many times must you be told that the Bible says that Jesus had brothers? Either they were all born via the Holy Spirit (which is of course untrue) or Mary and Joseph had intercourse multiple times.
Or they are Joseph’s children from
a prior marriage or cousins anything is possible with the one exception: not the children of Mary!!!

Brothers of Jesus Not the children of Mary!

Matthew 13:55
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Matthew 27:56
Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.

Acts 4:36
And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!) Lk 1:32-33

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

still a perpetual virgin Matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:18
Bound is bound
Submit the authority of Christ and his church

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 1:1-2, " From Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those temporarily residing abroad (in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, the province of Asia, and Bithynia) who are chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father by being set apart by the Spirit for obedience and for sprinkling with Jesus Christ’s blood. May grace and peace be yours in full measure!"

So, by this verse, it shows that sprinkling with water doesn't do anything, right? You must be sprinkled with Jesus Christ's blood! Now that presents a real problem! How does anyone get ahold of Jesus Christ's blood? So all other forms of baptism are invalid!

Don't you see how your misinterpretation of the Bible creates all kinds of false doctrine? You have departed from the truth of God's word and created all kinds of nonsensical myths.

I suggest that you take some time off, get a translation that is clear and understandable, read it carefully and prayerfully, asking God to reveal His truths to you. Perhaps you will learn how many false teachings have crept into your thinking, either on your own or from Catholic doctrine.

Perhaps not.

we are purified in our souls!
By the grace of God!
All graces are merited by the blood of Jesus Christ!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
still a perpetual virgin Matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:18...

Per your usual referencing scriptures that say NOTHING about perpetual virginity of Mary.

Per your usual purporting Mary as a Wife who FAILED to submit to her Husband.

What a horrible picture you Paint of Mary, BEHIND her BACK.

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical principles

A son singular not a family:

Only the God-man is born of a Virgin-mother

Perpetual Virginity of Mary!

Mary conceived "without any detriment to her virginity, which remained inviolate even after his birth" (apostolic Council of the Lateran, 649) with the jurisdictional authority of Peter and the apostles in holy council! Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20 bound on earth bound in heaven!

The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ!

And the Bible says Her child is holy! And Her child is God!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

(Mary had become the temple & dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

(The Bible says only the Holy Ghost conceived in Mary)

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(A son singular) (only Jesus is savior)

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!

Blessed art thou amongst all women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
(The fruit of Her womb is blessed and holy)

(A son, singular)

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

(Her son is God)

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

Lk 1:34 no sex ever!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!

The Bible says Joseph a just and therefore a chaste man, it does not say he has gone into Mary anywhere in scripture, 2 Sam 12:24 And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the Lord loved him. Gen 4:1 Adam knew his wife, Lk 1:34 betrothed to Joseph say “I know no man, scripture Never says this about a Joseph, for He was full of fear and reverence for Her immaculate purity and holiness! Especially after hearing from an angel that her child was of the Holy Spirit! Joseph was full of joy to be the guardian of Mary and her purity!

Isa 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.

12 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem

Adam and Eve were married in the garden but did not have sex, marriage is made by consent not sex!

Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

You have really lost your mind!!!

The brothers of Jesus are ... ready? ... His brothers! That's what the Bible says. If your priests tell you something else they are clearly mistaken (as are you).

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. (KJV) All this says is that Jesus wasn't a twin!

"The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ" is a lie! Again, the brothers of Jesus are ... ready? ... His brothers! That's what the Bible says.

Lk 1:34 "Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?" (This verse does not imply a vow of perpetual virginity. That is nonsense!)

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: "Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death." Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died? Are you crazy? Michal had no children until the day of her death simply means she was childless.

Is 7:14 "God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son!" (Singular, one son. Correct; she didn't have twins)

"Brothers and sisters of Jesus? They are not the children of Mary" is unScriptural nonsense!!! The Bible clearly says that Jesus had siblings!!!

You are in mortal danger for distorting the actual words of God!

Numbers 23:19a, "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a human being, that he should change his mind."

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or they are Joseph’s children from
a prior marriage or cousins anything is possible with the one exception: not the children of Mary!!!

Brothers of Jesus Not the children of Mary!

Matthew 13:55
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Matthew 27:56
Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.

Acts 4:36
And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!) Lk 1:32-33

More unScriptural nonsense!!! The Bible says what it says; you can't change it!!!

Jesus had brothers!!!

Numbers 23:19a, "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a human being, that he should change his mind."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Per your usual referencing scriptures that say NOTHING about perpetual virginity of Mary.

It’s bound on earth and in heaven by the authority of Jesus Christ!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have really lost your mind!!!

The brothers of Jesus are ... ready? ... His brothers! That's what the Bible says. If your priests tell you something else they are clearly mistaken (as are you).

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. (KJV) All this says is that Jesus wasn't a twin!

"The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ" is a lie! Again, the brothers of Jesus are ... ready? ... His brothers! That's what the Bible says.

Lk 1:34 "Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?" (This verse does not imply a vow of perpetual virginity. That is nonsense!)

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: "Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death." Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died? Are you crazy? Michal had no children until the day of her death simply means she was childless.

Is 7:14 "God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son!" (Singular, one son. Correct; she didn't have twins)

"Brothers and sisters of Jesus? They are not the children of Mary" is unScriptural nonsense!!! The Bible clearly says that Jesus had siblings!!!

and the Bible tells me Joseph is his father! Jn 1:45

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the holy church says perpetual virgin and 1 Tim 3:15 says the church is the pillar of truth!
No error Jn 16:13

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken The only such document so described would legitimately be the Holy Scriptures; and in the Holy Scriptures the place of supreme honour is given to the Lord Jesus, the One Mediator (1 Timothy 2.5).

Agree!

That poster “references” scripture, that have nothing to do with his claims. Failed trickery.

Reactions: Jim B