Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or they are Joseph’s children from
a prior marriage or cousins anything is possible

Guesswork.

with the one exception: not the children of Mary!!!

Because some Gentile man “you follow” claims Mary did not obey God and Submit to her Husband?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thee faith is tanked in doctrine yet again . WE ALL KNOW SHE WAS A VIRGIN THEE FAITH .
CHRIST had no earthly Father . AND she remained a virgin , TILL AFTER THE CHILD WAS BORN .
You try so hard and bring us other scrips that dont even apply to mary or her virginity AFTER the birth of CHRIST .

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When the disciples said "Teach us to pray", Jesus replied "Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name..."
So I can't understand why catholics disregard him and pray to his human mum and to human "saints"..:)

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When the disciples said "Teach us to pray", Jesus replied "Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name..."
So I can't understand why catholics disregard him and pray to his human mum and to human "saints"..:)
I can't understand why anti-Catholics are so stupid and ignorant.

1) The Straw Man Fallacy
This fallacy occurs when your opponent over-simplifies or misrepresents your argument (i.e., setting up a "straw man") to make it easier to attack or refute. Instead of fully addressing your actual argument, speakers relying on this fallacy present a superficially similar -- but ultimately not equal -- version of your real stance, helping them create the illusion of easily defeating you.
Dropship, "why catholics disregard him" is a straw man fallacy. AKA "a flaming zinger". I suggest you get some background information on the topics from Catholic sources and avoid embarrassing yourself.

The title of this thread is a three-fold falsehood, a strawman, an insulting attack. Anyone familiar with the rules can see a double standard going on here.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the holy church says perpetual virgin and 1 Tim 3:15 says the church is the pillar of truth!
No error Jn 16:13

It doesn't matter what "the holy church", meaning the Catholic denomination, says. If it disagrees with the Bible it is false. That includes the "perpetual virgin" lie.

Reactions: Pearl

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and the Bible tells me Joseph is his father! Jn 1:45

Joseph raised Jesus as his son. For all practical purposes, Joseph was His father. That is what Philip meant: "Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the law, and the prophets also wrote about—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.” John 1:45 Also, Jesus was born in Bethlehem; why do you think Philip said He was from Nazareth?

You must learn to read the Bible and then try to understand it. I know that's very difficult for you -- maybe impossible -- but give it a try!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
still a perpetual virgin Matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:18
Bound is bound
Submit the authority of Christ and his church

I strongly suggest that you submit to the authority of Christ and his church. That means believing the Bible as a start, not Catholic denomination nonsense.

There is nothing in the Bible that says that Mary was a "perpetual virgin". That is a total lie!!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guesswork.

Because some Gentile man “you follow” claims Mary did not obey God and Submit to her Husband?

the church has always believed and taught the perpetual virginity of Mary! 2000 yrs
When you’re sect can say that let me know

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church has always believed and taught the perpetual virginity of Mary! 2000 yrs

No, not "the church", only your denomination, which adds false information to what the Bible clearly says. You can claim perpetual virginity of Mary "'til the cows come home" but that will never make it true. Why do you continue to contradict what the Bible clearly says in favor of Catholic lies?

Reactions: Pearl

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church has always believed and taught the perpetual virginity of Mary! 2000 yrs.

Jesus Christ is the head of His Church and never once taught perpetual virginity of Mary.

Maybe you are in the wrong church.

“When you are sect can say that let you know”? LOL

Just told you Jesus Christ never said what “your church” claims.

Reactions: Pearl and Jim B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph raised Jesus as his son. For all practical purposes, Joseph was His father. That is what Philip meant: "Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the law, and the prophets also wrote about—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.” John 1:45 Also, Jesus was born in Bethlehem; why do you think Philip said He was from Nazareth?

You must learn to read the Bible and then try to understand it. I know that's very difficult for you -- maybe impossible -- but give it a try!

the “Bible alone” is now what we “think” the writer or apostle “ment”???

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't understand why anti-Catholics are so stupid and ignorant.

1) The Straw Man Fallacy
This fallacy occurs when your opponent over-simplifies or misrepresents your argument (i.e., setting up a "straw man") to make it easier to attack or refute. Instead of fully addressing your actual argument, speakers relying on this fallacy present a superficially similar -- but ultimately not equal -- version of your real stance, helping them create the illusion of easily defeating you.
Dropship, "why catholics disregard him" is a straw man fallacy. AKA "a flaming zinger". I suggest you get some background information on the topics from Catholic sources and avoid embarrassing yourself.

The title of this thread is a three-fold falsehood, a strawman, an insulting attack. Anyone familiar with the rules can see a double standard going on here.
He actually nailed it right in . ITS YOU who attacked it as strawmen and etc . THE CC is dangerous , FLEE IT fore its too late .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the “Bible alone” is now what we “think” the writer or apostle “ment”???
Yet yall teach MEN ALONE have the authority . FOR YE say ITS WHAT OUR CHURCH MEN TEACH that has final authority .
TELL ME , HOW IS that different from the mormons or any other denomination you seem so adamant to attack .
MOST ALL DO THIS . AND YOU are falling for the same lie as they do . NOW OPEN BIBLE and read it for yourself .