Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus has brother and the perpetual virginity of Mary can both be true!

the virgin birth and Joseph is the father of Jesus are both true

The only way that Mary can be a perpetual virgin and Jesus has brothers is if His brothers were also conceived by the Holy Spirit. Since the Bible says no such thing (nor do your priests or anyone else) Mary was not a perpetual virgin. That is a lie, caused by the Catholic denomination's need to create a false mythology of Mary and women in general.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no only one true church Jn 10:16 all other are heretical sects unauthorized tradition of men

Total unScriptural nonsense. There is no mention of your Catholic denomination in the Bible; it is the fabrication of men. Talk about unauthorized!!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the new covenant is UNIVERSAL or catholic

"catholic" (uncapitalized) does indeed mean universal. Catholic (capitalized) is just one denomination, and it is not in the Bible. Stop conflating the two; it is deception.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the “Bible alone”? Then why does it say we must be taught???

Christians must be taught

We cannot read and decide doctrine for themselves according to scripture we must be “taught”!

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

One faith!

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

One heart / one mind

Acts 4:32
And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul:

Romans 15:6
That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Apostles received the truth from Christ and are inspired by the Holy Spirit and are commanded to teach all men! Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 Matt 28:19

Apostles have same mission, power, ministry, and authority as Christ!
Jn 20:21

You wrote (yet again)... the “Bible alone”? Then why does it say we must be taught???

We cannot read and decide doctrine for themselves according to scripture we must be “taught”!

That is what your priests tell you, but it is not the truth. They want you to believe that so that they can feed you whatever kind of myths they want and get you (plural) to believe them as truth.

The written word of God has existed for many thousands of years. It has not been passed down solely by oral teaching. If you won't be taught by the written words of God, then you open yourself up to whatever mythology men, including your "priests" want you to believe.

Luke 1:1-4, "Now many have undertaken to compile an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, like the accounts passed on to us by those who were eyewitnesses and servants of the word from the beginning. So it seemed good to me as well, because I have followed all things carefully from the beginning, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know for certain the things you were taught."

So much for your unScriptural nonsense: We cannot read and decide doctrine for themselves according to scripture we must be “taught”! Should I believe you or Luke?

Luke 4:16-21, "Now Jesus came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written,

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed
me to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives
and the regaining of sight
to the blind,
to set free
those who are oppressed,
to proclaim the year
of the Lord’s favor.”

Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant, and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fixed on him. Then he began to tell them, “Today this scripture has been fulfilled even as you heard it being read.”

Jesus read what was actually written in the scroll of the prophet Isaiah. By so doing, He verified that that the written words of God were the truth. Notice that He did not teach or interpret anything about these words, other than to say that they had been fulfilled. He let the Bible speak for itself!!!

Then you foolishly quote from Jude: "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints." Jude 1:3 Write to you! Get it? The written word! He didn't write telling some priest to teach the people but wrote to them directly, as did the other Biblical authors. Read Paul's epistles! He wrote directly to the people of those locations.

If you can't be taught directly from the Bible that is nothing to boast about!!! It is a tragedy of the highest order!!!

The Bible is the only source of reliable truth. That is why even Jesus, God incarnate, read from Isaiah.

Sola scriptura!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the true historic church founded by Christ condemned Protestantism in a holy apostolic council with the apostles exercising the authority of Christ

Of course the Catholic denomination (which is not and never was "the true historic church") condemned Protestantism. Why wouldn't they? They wanted people such as yourself to believe whatever they said was the truth. The trouble is the Catholic denomination a) is not mentioned in the Bible and b) practiced all kinds of unScriptural evil, including murder of innocent people (in past times), excommunication of those who disagreed with them (including the great Martin Luther), and c) turned a blind eye to rampant pedophilia in the modern era.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you want to know what Scripture says about being taught by men instead of directly by God?

1 Corinthians 1:10-12, "I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

Notice this includes your favorite: Cephas.

Clearly, the teachings of men can cause misunderstanding, strife, and false doctrine.

Sola scriptura!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way that Mary can be a perpetual virgin and Jesus has brothers is if His brothers were also conceived by the Holy Spirit. Since the Bible says no such thing (nor do your priests or anyone else) Mary was not a perpetual virgin. That is a lie, caused by the Catholic denomination's need to create a false mythology of Mary and women in general.

what false mythology?

they can’t be children of Joseph from a prior marriage?

why can’t they be cousins?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what false mythology?

they can’t be children of Joseph from a prior marriage?

why can’t they be cousins?

Because the Bible clearly says that Jesus had brothers, as I have shown you many times. Why won't you believe the Bible? What compels you to post all kinds of nonsense?

There is no indication anywhere in the Bible that they are children of Joseph from a prior marriage, nor does it say anywhere that they are cousins.

What disturbs me is your constant need to distort the clear teachings of the Bible to conform to your own false ideas (or those taught you by your priest). It is heresy of the highest order! => the Bible is God's word in written form <= By deliberately twisting the words of the Bible you are going against God!!!

If I were you I would immediately drop to my knees and beg God's forgiveness for your deliberate twisting of His word!!!

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
until the 20th century most people could not read! What do they do?
What if you are blind?
There was no approved canon until 381 what did they do?

Have you opened you’re Bible and read Jude 1:3 Matt 28:19

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15 matt 18:17

Must be instructed in the faith:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations…

Jn 29:21-23 as the father sent me, so I send you. (Same mission, power, and authority to teach all nations)

Lk 10:16 He who hears you, (His apostles) hear me.

Jn 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 8:32 You (the apostles) shall know the truth; and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(His apostles)

The whole purpose for the church of Jesus Christ is to teach all nations the truths revealed by Christ and the salvation of souls!
The leaders often could read . Thus preach sound doctrine to the people .
I bet peter could read , i know paul could , timothy could . God will always have leaders
that can read or they would have at least learned from men that could read that bible .
Now for the daily reminder . ITs gonna come with two warnings and i hope and pray you heed them both .
FLEE THE CC
and DONT RUN TO CALVIN EITHER . Just learn that bible well . And ps , i assume you can read
BECAUSE YOU CAN TYPE . SO open bible and READ for yourself .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Total unScriptural nonsense. There is no mention of your Catholic denomination in the Bible; it is the fabrication of men. Talk about unauthorized!!!

only Jesus Christ has authority to found a church! Matt 16:18-19

you’re the Johnny come lately boys

you will find yourself here

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"catholic" (uncapitalized) does indeed mean universal. Catholic (capitalized) is just one denomination, and it is not in the Bible. Stop conflating the two; it is deception.

we only have the first meaning
That is the church founded by Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote (yet again)... the “Bible alone”? Then why does it say we must be taught???

That is what your priests tell you, but it is not the truth. They want you to believe that so that they can feed you whatever kind of myths they want and get you (plural) to believe them as truth.

The written word of God has existed for many thousands of years. It has not been passed down solely by oral teaching. If you won't be taught by the written words of God, then you open yourself up to whatever mythology men, including your "priests" want you to believe.

Luke 1:1-4, "Now many have undertaken to compile an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, like the accounts passed on to us by those who were eyewitnesses and servants of the word from the beginning. So it seemed good to me as well, because I have followed all things carefully from the beginning, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know for certain the things you were taught."

So much for your unScriptural nonsense: We cannot read and decide doctrine for themselves according to scripture we must be “taught”! Should I believe you or Luke?

Luke 4:16-21, "Now Jesus came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written,

because he has anointed
to the blind,
to set free
those who are oppressed,
to proclaim the year
of the Lord’s favor.”

Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant, and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fixed on him. Then he began to tell them, “Today this scripture has been fulfilled even as you heard it being read.”

Jesus read what was actually written in the scroll of the prophet Isaiah. By so doing, He verified that that the written words of God were the truth. Notice that He did not teach or interpret anything about these words, other than to say that they had been fulfilled. He let the Bible speak for itself!!!

Then you foolishly quote from Jude: "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints." Jude 1:3 Write to you! Get it? The written word! He didn't write telling some priest to teach the people but wrote to them directly, as did the other Biblical authors. Read Paul's epistles! He wrote directly to the people of those locations.

If you can't be taught directly from the Bible that is nothing to boast about!!! It is a tragedy of the highest order!!!

The Bible is the only source of reliable truth. That is why even Jesus, God incarnate, read from Isaiah.

Sola scriptura!

Jn 16:13 refers to the apostles receiving the truth and Matt 28:19 to them teaching us

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the Bible clearly says that Jesus had brothers, as I have shown you many times. Why won't you believe the Bible? What compels you to post all kinds of nonsense?

There is no indication anywhere in the Bible that they are children of Joseph from a prior marriage, nor does it say anywhere that they are cousins.

What disturbs me is your constant need to distort the clear teachings of the Bible to conform to your own false ideas (or those taught you by your priest). It is heresy of the highest order! => the Bible is God's word in written form <= By deliberately twisting the words of the Bible you are going against God!!!

If I were you I would immediately drop to my knees and beg God's forgiveness for your deliberate twisting of His word!!!
Even more than that , WHY DO THEY PRAY to mary , to the apostels , to the saints . WE OUGHT ONLY TO PRAY TO GOD in JESUS NAME .
That church is highly dangerous and i mean VERY VERY dangerous and very deadly doctrine she does teach .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course the Catholic denomination (which is not and never was "the true historic church") condemned Protestantism. Why wouldn't they? They wanted people such as yourself to believe whatever they said was the truth. The trouble is the Catholic denomination a) is not mentioned in the Bible and b) practiced all kinds of unScriptural evil, including murder of innocent people (in past times), excommunication of those who disagreed with them (including the great Martin Luther), and c) turned a blind eye to rampant pedophilia in the modern era.

The union Christ and His holy church or the unity of the holy church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles is such that it cannot be harmed by the sins of men!

Automatic excommunication is incured upon the exercise of the intellect and will to teach error or Hersey or to commit grave sin! Men are sinners, with a sin nature and free will, but we should choose that which is good and holy! Rom 6:13

So the bride is spotless and without blemish!

The members of Christ in communion with God and each other are in a state of sanctifying grace!

We deplore the sins and outrages of abuse, most of which is done by homo’s on young boys, in any group especially those calling themselves Christian, the communists began infiltration in the seminary’s in the 30’s and the modernist’s and homo’s in the 60’s and 70’s

This is a symptom of error and Hersey
Modernism or theological liberalism, of the modern apostasy and nowhere does the true church teach anyone to do these things, nor do the Protestant sects which have the same issues! And we don’t blame the Protestant sects or leaders!

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only Jesus Christ has authority to found a church! Matt 16:18-19

you’re the Johnny come lately boys

you will find yourself here

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Protestants are the "Johnny come lately boys" who are the true adherents to the teachings of Jesus and the apostles that are clearly written in the Bible.

You Catholics are the ones who, after your own lusts, heap to yourselves teachers, having itching ears. Instead of adhering to what the Bible clearly says, you chase after one unScriptural myth after another to satisfy your own delusional lusts.

Protestants follow the Bible -- God's word -- not the centuries of false teachings of your denomination.

Sola scriptura!

P.S. Where (anywhere) in the Bible does the word "Catholic" appear? It is a made-up word to solidify the false doctrine that is the true church.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 16:13 refers to the apostles receiving the truth and Matt 28:19 to them teaching us

Fine, but those apostles were not Catholics! Protestants read and believe the words of the apostles that are written in the Bible, not the teachings of Johnny-come-lately false teachers.

I defy you to show me anywhere in the Bible that Jesus or any of the apostles were Catholics.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The union Christ and His holy church or the unity of the holy church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles is such that it cannot be harmed by the sins of men!

Automatic excommunication is incured upon the exercise of the intellect and will to teach error or Hersey or to commit grave sin! Men are sinners, with a sin nature and free will, but we should choose that which is good and holy! Rom 6:13

So the bride is spotless and without blemish!

The members of Christ in communion with God and each other are in a state of sanctifying grace!

We deplore the sins and outrages of abuse, most of which is done by homo’s on young boys, in any group especially those calling themselves Christian, the communists began infiltration in the seminary’s in the 30’s and the modernist’s and homo’s in the 60’s and 70’s

This is a symptom of error and Hersey
Modernism or theological liberalism, of the modern apostasy and nowhere does the true church teach anyone to do these things, nor do the Protestant sects which have the same issues! And we don’t blame the Protestant sects or leaders!

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Finally the truth comes out!!! You wrote, "Automatic excommunication is incured [sic] upon the exercise of the intellect". There you have it!!! You're commanded to be ignorant!!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

because he has anointed
to the blind,
to set free
those who are oppressed,
to proclaim the year
of the Lord’s favor.”

Sola scriptura!

Bible say this

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Obedience of the faithful Christians or spiritual anarchy of the heretical fundamentalists!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible say this

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Obedience of the faithful Christians or spiritual anarchy of the heretical fundamentalists!

I'm concerned that you have finally and completely lost your mind! Taking verses completely out of context to justify your warped Catholic doctrine proves that.

The body of Christ is all those who have accepted Him as their savior. We have received justification by faith and the salvation of our souls. It is the gift of God. (Ephesians 2:8). End of story.

If you want to continue in delusion, I feel very, very sorry for you! Ask God to open your mind and reveal His truths to you and stop listening to the lies of the Catholic denomination.

May God have mercy on your soul!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are Abraham and lot brothers?
No
Maybe it says brothers and means cousins

we don’t have the original ya know

translations only

it does not always say what it means

Jesus is the son of Joseph Jn 1:45