Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the Bible clearly says that Jesus had brothers, as I have shown you many times. Why won't you believe the Bible? What compels you to post all kinds of nonsense?

There is no indication anywhere in the Bible that they are children of Joseph from a prior marriage, nor does it say anywhere that they are cousins.

What disturbs me is your constant need to distort the clear teachings of the Bible to conform to your own false ideas (or those taught you by your priest). It is heresy of the highest order! => the Bible is God's word in written form <= By deliberately twisting the words of the Bible you are going against God!!!

If I were you I would immediately drop to my knees and beg God's forgiveness for your deliberate twisting of His word!!!

The first recorded argument was between St. Jerome and another fourth-century theologian, Helvidius, who had written that after the virgin birth of Jesus, Mary had other children with her husband, Joseph. St. Jerome disagreed, indicating that by the fourth century at least some of the church community believed that Mary had stayed a virgin for the rest of her life. These children of Mary, Jerome said, were from Mary of Clopas, Jesus’ aunt and his mother’s sister, making them cousins. He claimed that the Greek word adelphios could refer to cousins, not just biological siblings.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the Bible clearly says that Jesus had brothers, as I have shown you many times. Why won't you believe the Bible? What compels you to post all kinds of nonsense?

There is no indication anywhere in the Bible that they are children of Joseph from a prior marriage, nor does it say anywhere that they are cousins.

What disturbs me is your constant need to distort the clear teachings of the Bible to conform to your own false ideas (or those taught you by your priest). It is heresy of the highest order! => the Bible is God's word in written form <= By deliberately twisting the words of the Bible you are going against God!!!

If I were you I would immediately drop to my knees and beg God's forgiveness for your deliberate twisting of His word!!!

you never have explained this one Of Joses!

Matthew 13:55
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Matthew 27:56
Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.

Acts 4:36
And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!) Lk 1:32-33

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I love Miriam and believe in Miriam.....but she is no virgin anymore....Yahweh is a pretty large fellow.
The phrase Virgin Mary does not appear in the Bible.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are Abraham and lot brothers?
No
Maybe it says brothers and means cousins

we don’t have the original ya know

translations only

it does not always say what it means

Jesus is the son of Joseph Jn 1:45

Genesis 12:5, "And Abram took his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, and all the possessions they had accumulated and the people they had acquired in Haran, and they left for the land of Canaan. They entered the land of Canaan."

We don't have the originals? The Bible has been faithfully copied for thousands of years. There are minor differences, but God's word is 100% trustworthy and 99.999% accurate. It's just your Catholic unbelief that causes you to twist God's words. Saying "it does not always say what it means" is heresy of the highest order!

You tried distorting the meaning of John 1:45 before. Shame on you for distorting it again!!! John 1:45, "Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the law, and the prophets also wrote about—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.” Jesus was born in Bethlehem and was raised by Joseph. Philip was telling Nathaniel what he knew to be true: Jesus was raised in Nazareth by Joseph, who fulfilled the role of his earthly father.

Again, shame on you for distorting God's word, twisting the meaning!!! You will have to answer to God for your deliberate lies and blasphemies!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.

And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!) Lk 1:32-33

Matthew 13:55-56, "Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother named Mary? And aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas? And aren’t all his sisters here with us? So where did he get all this?”

Do I really have to explain this to you? "Joses" and "Joseph" are English translations of the same Hebrew name. Did you notice that it also says that Jesus had sisters? Joseph and Mary must have been very active!!!

(The same Joses/Joseph principle applies to Acts 4:36.)

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let me ask you a question? Why do you deliberately and maliciously distort God's Word day after day? Don't you think there are consequences for doing so?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The leaders often could read . Thus preach sound doctrine to the people .
I bet peter could read , i know paul could , timothy could . God will always have leaders
that can read or they would have at least learned from men that could read that bible .
Now for the daily reminder . ITs gonna come with two warnings and i hope and pray you heed them both .
FLEE THE CC
and DONT RUN TO CALVIN EITHER . Just learn that bible well . And ps , i assume you can read
BECAUSE YOU CAN TYPE . SO open bible and READ for yourself .

faith comes by hearing not reading

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestants are the "Johnny come lately boys" who are the true adherents to the teachings of Jesus and the apostles that are clearly written in the Bible.

You Catholics are the ones who, after your own lusts, heap to yourselves teachers, having itching ears. Instead of adhering to what the Bible clearly says, you chase after one unScriptural myth after another to satisfy your own delusional lusts.

Protestants follow the Bible -- God's word -- not the centuries of false teachings of your denomination.

Sola scriptura!

P.S. Where (anywhere) in the Bible does the word "Catholic" appear? It is a made-up word to solidify the false doctrine that is the true church.

Where does the Bible teach the Bible alone?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine, but those apostles were not Catholics! Protestants read and believe the words of the apostles that are written in the Bible, not the teachings of Johnny-come-lately false teachers.

I defy you to show me anywhere in the Bible that Jesus or any of the apostles were Catholics.

they were all catholic
The new covenant is catholic

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Finally the truth comes out!!! You wrote, "Automatic excommunication is incured [sic] upon the exercise of the intellect". There you have it!!! You're commanded to be ignorant!!!

And consent of the will!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm concerned that you have finally and completely lost your mind! Taking verses completely out of context to justify your warped Catholic doctrine proves that.

The body of Christ is all those who have accepted Him as their savior. We have received justification by faith and the salvation of our souls. It is the gift of God. (Ephesians 2:8). End of story.

If you want to continue in delusion, I feel very, very sorry for you! Ask God to open your mind and reveal His truths to you and stop listening to the lies of the Catholic denomination.

May God have mercy on your soul!

“Faith alone” ain’t biblical!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I love Miriam and believe in Miriam.....but she is no virgin anymore....Yahweh is a pretty large fellow.
The phrase Virgin Mary does not appear in the Bible.

Luke 1:27
To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

hence virgin-Mary
And virgin-mother
The virgin birth
Lk 1:34 no sex period

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does the Bible teach the Bible alone?

Where does the Bible mention the Catholic denomination?

The Bible is God's written word, and has been for thousands of years. Once you go beyond the Bible you accept all kind of false teachings. There is no better example than the teachings of the Catholic denomination. Catholicism has gone so far away from the Bible that it is beyond belief!

Thank God for Martin Luther, who was the main proponent of saving the true faith.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 12:5, "And Abram took his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, and all the possessions they had accumulated and the people they had acquired in Haran, and they left for the land of Canaan. They entered the land of Canaan."

(Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.)
(The Bible says brothers so you must believe they are both uncle, nephew and they are brothers???)

We don't have the originals? The Bible has been faithfully copied for thousands of years. There are minor differences, but God's word is 100% trustworthy and 99.999% accurate. It's just your Catholic unbelief that causes you to twist God's words. Saying "it does not always say what it means" is heresy of the highest order!
(Don’t you think Protestant translators had these things in mind)

You tried distorting the meaning of John 1:45 before. Shame on you for distorting it again!!! John 1:45, "Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the law, and the prophets also wrote about—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.” Jesus was born in Bethlehem and was raised by Joseph. Philip was telling Nathaniel what he knew to be true: Jesus was raised in Nazareth by Joseph, who fulfilled the role of his earthly father.

(the Bible says directly “son of Joseph)

Again, shame on you for distorting God's word, twisting the meaning!!! You will have to answer to God for your deliberate lies and blasphemies!

you don’t believe the Bible!
Lk 1:34 as an example

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they were all catholic
The new covenant is catholic

None of the apostles were Catholic! Show me anywhere in the Bible where it says that! As I have said many, many times, the word "Catholic" doesn't appear in the Bible. It is a false denomination.

The new covenant is just that: a new agreement between God and people, based on the saving work of Jesus Christ. And by the way, He wasn't a Catholic!!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 1:27
To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

hence virgin-Mary
And virgin-mother
The virgin birth
Lk 1:34 no sex period

Your usual lies!!! Are you really that blind?

Mary gave birth to Jesus, the first of mny siblings who were born via sexual intercourse between Mary and Joseph. Your claims are delusional!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 13:55-56, "Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother named Mary? And aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas? And aren’t all his sisters here with us? So where did he get all this?”

Do I really have to explain this to you? "Joses" and "Joseph" are English translations of the same Hebrew name. Did you notice that it also says that Jesus had sisters? Joseph and Mary must have been very active!!!

(The same Joses/Joseph principle applies to Acts 4:36.)

but this Joses is a LEVITE Mary is of Judah and the royal house of David the king so it’s not the biological brother of Jesus Christ!

if there are biological brothers of Jesus one of them would have become king when Christ ascended!!!!!