Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what makes it graven?
Are nativity scenes included?
Many of your sects have images Protestant graveyards have statues also

A “graven image” is a carved, sculpted image, commissioned, built, sculpted, for the “intent” to BOW down to IT.

If men do not carve, sculpt, commission, build, erect “graven images” ... there exists not a “graven image” FOR MEN TO BOW DOWN TO!

Gods creation of early man, IF you pay attention, God directed early man, LIKE A CHILD....do this, don’t do that.
After 6,000 years, men should have learned the way of a child, become men with wisdom, to KNOW... the mind of a child does foolish things...
The wisdom of a man IS TO NOT TEMPT and encourage and SET before little children foolish things.

Your church, your church hierarchy approves, commissions and adorns it house with statues and teaches and encourages BY word and example for little children TO BOW down to statues.

Are you concerned about Protestants setting up a display in memory of a Biblical teaching, or men setting a stone in memory of a dead person?
Are you confused that such displays and stones ARE NOT Taught, encouraged, by word or example to be BOWED DOW TO?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not just asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so.

Jesus is in the very least making Mary John’s spiritual mother! And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

What a stretch!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have you already forgotten who you were speaking of?
reminder; a statue OF “YOUR”

lady of Guadeloupe

The following passage you quoted is about Jesus...NOT “a statue of “YOUR lady of Guadeloupe”, deflective and irrelevant to the point of “your lady of Guadeloupe”

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to love Mary is to love salvation!

Yet another irrelevant deflection.
A person Loving a dead person, has nothing to do with the Lords Offering and Giving of Salvation to a person.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why think you this
... because GRACE is from GOD (one of many verses was provided).
So Grace only "comes from Mary" if Mary is God.

no she is not God but conceived in her mother womb without sin, immaculate conception

gen 3:15 enmity total war none of satans wicked works are found in her
All fair Song of Solomon 4:12
Lk 1:28 full of grace
Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun immaculate purity

b
I know that Catholics call it "venerate", but ... if it walks like a duck, etc. ... it sure looks like "worship" of Mary from the outside.
I wish you spent as half as much energy lifting up her Son or His Father.

Read the Magnificat again and see how Mary praises God rather than herself.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A “graven image” is a carved, sculpted image, commissioned, built, sculpted, for the “intent” to BOW down to IT.

If men do not carve, sculpt, commission, build, erect “graven images” ... there exists not a “graven image” FOR MEN TO BOW DOWN TO!

Gods creation of early man, IF you pay attention, God directed early man, LIKE A CHILD....do this, don’t do that.
After 6,000 years, men should have learned the way of a child, become men with wisdom, to KNOW... the mind of a child does foolish things...
The wisdom of a man IS TO NOT TEMPT and encourage and SET before little children foolish things.

Your church, your church hierarchy approves, commissions and adorns it house with statues and teaches and encourages BY word and example for little children TO BOW down to statues.

Are you concerned about Protestants setting up a display in memory of a Biblical teaching, or men setting a stone in memory of a dead person?
Are you confused that such displays and stones ARE NOT Taught, encouraged, by word or example to be BOWED DOW TO?

whatever!

by youre definition the Ten Commandments are graven image carved by the finger of God!

the church has authority from Christ
To attack the church is to attack Christ acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Bruce Atkinson

Sep 25, 2021
Western MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
whatever!

by youre definition the Ten Commandments are graven image carved by the finger of God!

the church has authority from Christ
To attack the church is to attack Christ acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Read the first 2 commandments carefully -

Exodus 20:3-4 (KJV)
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

The first word of verse 4 is 'thou', meaning you and me and all others. Yes, it was graven by God. But no, we do not worship the 10 commandments at all.

Compare that with the Catholic doctrines of endless glorification, magnifying, praising, thanking, and exalting Mary far more than Jesus! Explain, if you will, how building a shrine to Mary in ones' front yard and worshipping her there is NOT expressly forbidden in the 2nd commandment! She IS in heaven, right?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
whatever!

:rolleyes:

Odd, but not unexpected how you keep deflecting and mentioning things people DO NOT BOW DOWN TO,
and completely ignore Erecting graven images erected TO BOW DOWN TO...

BOW away, God knows what you are doing.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don’t be surprised when those who have the authority of Christ rule
You probably think the commandments should not be changed also

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you already forgotten who you were speaking of?
reminder; a statue OF “YOUR”

The following passage you quoted is about Jesus...NOT “a statue of “YOUR lady of Guadeloupe”, deflective and irrelevant to the point of “your lady of Guadeloupe”

Was referring to Mary the mother of God

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet another irrelevant deflection.
A person Loving a dead person, has nothing to do with the Lords Offering and Giving of Salvation to a person.

the queen ruling in heaven is not dead

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

VII. Mary’s Coronation in Heaven

2 Tim 4:8 – Paul says that there is laid up for him the crown of righteousness. The saints are crowned in heaven, and Mary is the greatest saint of all.

James 1:12 – those who endure will receive the crown of life which God has promised. Mary has received the crown of life by bringing eternal life to the world.

1 Peter 5:4 – when the chief Shepherd is manifested we will receive the unfading crown of glory.

Rev. 2:10 – Jesus will give the faithful unto death the crown of life. Jesus gave Mary His Mother the crown of life.

Rev. 12:1 – Mary, the “woman,” is crowned with twelve stars. She is Queen of heaven and earth and the Mother of the Church.

Wis. 5:16 – we will receive a glorious crown and a beautiful diadem from the hand of the Lord. Mary is with Jesus forever crowned in His glory.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... because GRACE is from GOD (one of many verses was provided).
So Grace only "comes from Mary" if Mary is God.

not from Mary but thru Mary
Jesus our salvation came thru Mary
And grace thru Mary and we go to God thru Jesus and to Jesus thru Mary!

I know that Catholics call it "venerate", but ... if it walks like a duck, etc. ... it sure looks like "worship" of Mary from the outside.
I wish you spent as half as much energy lifting up her Son or His Father.

worship requires intent to worship and adore

all begins in God and all ends in God
All love devotion veneration and honor given to Mary and the saints ends in the glory of God cos it is by His grace that they are saints

Read the Magnificat again and see how Mary praises God rather than herself.

ditto

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the first 2 commandments carefully -

Exodus 20:3-4 (KJV)
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

The first word of verse 4 is 'thou', meaning you and me and all others. Yes, it was graven by God. But no, we do not worship the 10 commandments at all.

Compare that with the Catholic doctrines of endless glorification, magnifying, praising, thanking, and exalting Mary far more than Jesus! Explain, if you will, how building a shrine to Mary in ones' front yard and worshipping her there is NOT expressly forbidden in the 2nd commandment! She IS in heaven, right?

how can mary be exalted more than Jesus?

Jesus is eternal God!
Mary only a creature!

mary is what she is by grace not by nature! It is God’s work, His almighty arm has done all! Lk 1:49

how do you which commandment is which? How do you what is the 1st 2nd etc? Scripture only lists all ten but does not say what the content of each is

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes:

Odd, but not unexpected how you keep deflecting and mentioning things people DO NOT BOW DOWN TO,
and completely ignore Erecting graven images erected TO BOW DOWN TO...

BOW away, God knows what you are doing.

worship requires intent
I kneel at my bed to pray, am I worshiping my bed?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the queen ruling in heaven is not dead

More teaching of another Gospel. Body’s die return to dust.

LOL...there is no QUEEN ruling Heaven!
Heaven is Gods Kingdom, Gods Throne.

John 11:25 “irrelevant” does not support “your” wild claim.

VII. Mary’s Coronation in Heaven
LOL...
........There is no Queen Mary in Heaven.
........There is no Queen Crown in Heaven.

Crowns that can be received in Heaven BY ANY, saved souls, quickened spirits; Are:
The imperishable crown
Crown of rejoicing
Crown of righteousness
Crown of glory
Crown of life
Queens Crown

Nothing special for Mary only, and no Queens Crown!

You are embarrassing yourself, should read Scripture instead of listening to men’s philosophies and repeating them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
everything is about Jesus
It’s his covenant
His church
His merits
His grace
His life
His salvation!

Not news, and was not the topic.
Bowing down to statues was the topic.
Bowing down to statues of Mary was the topic.
What does bowing down to statues of Mary have to do with quoting Scriptures about Jesus? Nothing.

Do you not know the point of quoting Scriptures is to BACK UP YOUR POINT?
Picking random Scriptures off point, is simply you deflecting.

Now post some Scriptures to back up your point...that say...
TO; Build statues of Mary and Bow down to those statues!