Why Do Christians Not Honor The Sabbath?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Don't be like that pumpkin. Can't you take as good as you give. You come here with your homosexual agenda and from my knowledge ONLY frequent subjects around such a topic unless you're stirring up some trouble and you have the hide to suggest I'm the bane of Christianity.

You're delusional to say the least but I think more appropriately your disgustingly diabolical and you appeal is to the flesh and you have no business here. :mellow:
I keep hearing this irritating whining in my ear . . .

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
KCKID said:
I keep hearing this irritating whining in my ear . . .
Please, forum members ...this thread is being sabotaged by a couple of folks who would rather attempt to discredit me than to debate the question asked in the OP. This is not a recent query of mine. I have asked the same question several times on several different forums over the years. How this question has somehow become linked with my personal views on homosexuality (to which I'm entitled) is known only to the disruptors. If we can get back on track I would appreciate that. The question again ...Why Do Christians Not Honor The Sabbath? For those Christians who claim to uphold the Ten Commandments it seems only reasonable to expect them to also uphold the 4th-commandment. Question again: Why don't they? Thank you.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
KCKID said:
Please, forum members ...this thread is being sabotaged by a couple of folks who would rather attempt to discredit me than to debate the question asked in the OP. This is not a recent query of mine. I have asked the same question several times on several different forums over the years. How this question has somehow become linked with my personal views on homosexuality (to which I'm entitled) is known only to the disruptors. If we can get back on track I would appreciate that. The question again ...Why Do Christians Not Honor The Sabbath? For those Christians who claim to uphold the Ten Commandments it seems only reasonable to expect them to also uphold the 4th-commandment. Question again: Why don't they? Thank you.
The answers are in many threads already dedicated to this OP.

The real answer is "In Christ".

Selah.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Axehead said:
The answers are in many threads already dedicated to this OP.

The real answer is "In Christ".

Selah.
I'm not familiar with any other threads on this topic. I am familiar enough with the nature of Christian forums, however, to know that topics keep re-occurring whenever new members arrive. And, that's surely okay ...?

As for the answer "In Christ" being your response to the question: Why do Christians not honor the Sabbath? MY response is "Huh?"

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
The reason I bring up this topic at all is because many Christians - including a number of this forum - are sticklers for obedience to God's word. They will practically hit others over the head with scriptures of condemnation because 'God says we are to be obedient to His word' while they at the same time blatantly thumb their noses at the 4th-command of the Big Ten. The 7th-day Sabbath appears to have been very important for God and He instructed His people to honor that particular day to the exclusion of the others. He even blessed and sanctified the 7th-day but not the other six. NOWHERE did God bless the 1st-day that we call Sunday. I'm most curious as to why Christians choose not to honor the 7th-day Sabbath. My motives for asking might be questionable but the question itself IS legitimate. Why Do Christians Not Honor The Sabbath?
1 I want you to know how much I have agonized for you and for the church at Laodicea, and for many other believers who have never met me personally.2 I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself.3 In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.4 I am telling you this so no one will deceive you with well-crafted arguments.5 For though I am far away from you, my heart is with you. And I rejoice that you are living as you should and that your faith in Christ is strong..............
16[SIZE=.95em] So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.[/SIZE]17[SIZE=.95em] For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.[/SIZE]18[SIZE=.95em] Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on pious self-denial or the worship of angels, saying they have had visions about these things. Their sinful minds have made them proud,[/SIZE]19[SIZE=.95em] and they are not connected to Christ, the head of the body. For he holds the whole body together with its joints and ligaments, and it grows as God nourishes it.[/SIZE]20 You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the spiritual powers of this world. So why do you keep on following the rules of the world, such as,21 “Don’t handle! Don’t taste! Don’t touch!”?22 Such rules are mere human teachings about things that deteriorate as we use them.23 These rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, pious self-denial, and severe bodily discipline. But they provide no help in conquering a person’s evil desires.
Col 2:1-23 (NLT)

Paul's letter to the believers @ Colosse is very clear and simple instruction for the things God has accomplished for us and what He expects of us. Many read this letter and and rather than adjust their religious mindset, they twist and misrepresent Paul's message in trying to justify their position.

This twisting of scripture has been going on from the first. Just look at how satan deceived Eve.
1 The serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals the Lord God had made. One day he asked the woman, “Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?”2 “Of course we may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,” the woman replied.3 “It’s only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, ‘You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die.’”4 “You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman.5 “God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.”

Gen 3:1-5 (NLT)

But looking at what God actually said to Adam.

15 The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it.16 But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden—17 except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”

Gen 2:15-17 (NLT)

Note that God gave this instruction to Adam before Eve was created so either Adam instructed Eve with the "[SIZE=.95em]or even touch it" or Eve added it herself but none the less God's words were misrepresented. Then satan carries it even further suggesting that God had selfish motive. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=.95em]This is why it is important to hear from God directly, especially when reading the scriptures we need HolySpirit to enlighten our minds and convey the truth rather then just taking what some pastor or preacher says "God said" or "this really means". It is much easier for HolySpirit to enlighten if theirs no religious paradigms to work around and we can accept the truth much easier when we lay down these religious concepts and teachings.[/SIZE]

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
jiggyfly said:
1 I want you to know how much I have agonized for you and for the church at Laodicea, and for many other believers who have never met me personally.2 I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself.3 In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.4 I am telling you this so no one will deceive you with well-crafted arguments.5 For though I am far away from you, my heart is with you. And I rejoice that you are living as you should and that your faith in Christ is strong..............
16[SIZE=.95em] So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.[/SIZE]17[SIZE=.95em] For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.[/SIZE]18[SIZE=.95em] Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on pious self-denial or the worship of angels, saying they have had visions about these things. Their sinful minds have made them proud,[/SIZE]19[SIZE=.95em] and they are not connected to Christ, the head of the body. For he holds the whole body together with its joints and ligaments, and it grows as God nourishes it.[/SIZE]20 You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the spiritual powers of this world. So why do you keep on following the rules of the world, such as,21 “Don’t handle! Don’t taste! Don’t touch!”?22 Such rules are mere human teachings about things that deteriorate as we use them.23 These rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, pious self-denial, and severe bodily discipline. But they provide no help in conquering a person’s evil desires.
Col 2:1-23 (NLT)

Paul's letter to the believers @ Colosse is very clear and simple instruction for the things God has accomplished for us and what He expects of us. Many read this letter and and rather than adjust their religious mindset, they twist and misrepresent Paul's message in trying to justify their position.

This twisting of scripture has been going on from the first. Just look at how satan deceived Eve.
1 The serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals the Lord God had made. One day he asked the woman, “Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?”2 “Of course we may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,” the woman replied.3 “It’s only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, ‘You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die.’”4 “You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman.5 “God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.”

Gen 3:1-5 (NLT)

But looking at what God actually said to Adam.

15 The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it.16 But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden—17 except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”

Gen 2:15-17 (NLT)

Note that God gave this instruction to Adam before Eve was created so either Adam instructed Eve with the "[SIZE=.95em]or even touch it" or Eve added it herself but none the less God's words were misrepresented. Then satan carries it even further suggesting that God had selfish motive. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=.95em]This is why it is important to hear from God directly, especially when reading the scriptures we need HolySpirit to enlighten our minds and convey the truth rather then just taking what some pastor or preacher says "God said" or "this really means". It is much easier for HolySpirit to enlighten if theirs no religious paradigms to work around and we can accept the truth much easier when we lay down these religious concepts and teachings.[/SIZE]
I am not condemning anyone for the day on which they choose to worship. I am simply asking WHY Christians choose not to honor the Sabbath. Seems a simple enough question and I'd hoped that I would have received an equally simple answer. Paul may be quoted until the cows come home but I have still not received an answer to that question. Incidentally, if 'the rules' were only shadows of the reality YET to come this means that whatever reality WAS to come had not YET come at the time of writing. So, what's 'the reality' being addressed that has not occurred yet? Additionally, the ordinances, i.e. holy days, feast days, new-moon festivals and sabbaths, etc. had NOTHING to do with the weekly 7th-day Sabbath. The laws contained in the ordinances were those that were nailed to the cross ...NOT the Ten Commandments and not the 4th commandment pertaining to the 7th-day Sabbath.

Man, this is like trying to extract a tooth! Does anyone have an answer to WHY Christians do not honor the Sabbath without the response being couched in complex and ambiguous texts?

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
KCKID said:
You've already been told numerous times, and you choose to ignore those responses calling them ambiguous so you can continue to have a platform to marginalize people who don't share your views on homsexuality.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not honor the sabbath for it can do nothing for me. Keeping the Sabbath does nothing to please God but does a lot to please the flesh, keeping it or not keeping it will do nothing to change the way God loves me neither does it have any bearing on my salvation, God is pleased with me because I have faith in Him, because I rest in Him, rest from my own works, without God I can do nothing.

In All His Love

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
You've already been told numerous times, and you choose to ignore those responses calling them ambiguous so you can continue to have a platform to marginalize people who don't share your views on homsexuality.
I'll make it easy for you, CRFTD. Just fill in the blank. I don't honor the 7th-day Sabbath because ... ... ...

mjrhealth said:
I do not honor the sabbath for it can do nothing for me. Keeping the Sabbath does nothing to please God but does a lot to please the flesh, keeping it or not keeping it will do nothing to change the way God loves me neither does it have any bearing on my salvation, God is pleased with me because I have faith in Him, because I rest in Him, rest from my own works, without God I can do nothing.

In All His Love
Would not pleasing God include 'remembering' the 7th-day and keeping it holy? Why would an actual day, i.e. a 24-hour period, be sanctified and blest at Creation by God who would then ask His chosen people to remember that actual day and keep it aside as something special suddenly become something of the mind? Most Christians evidently require a 'holy day', i.e. a physical day they set aside and come together and not something of the mind, because Sunday has become their 'sabbath'. They physically respond to that day. So, as long as Christians DO keep a 'sabbath' of sorts, why don't they then keep the one asked of them by God? This doesn't make sense.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
KCKID said:
I am not condemning anyone for the day on which they choose to worship. I am simply asking WHY Christians choose not to honor the Sabbath. Seems a simple enough question and I'd hoped that I would have received an equally simple answer. Paul may be quoted until the cows come home but I have still not received an answer to that question. Incidentally, if 'the rules' were only shadows of the reality YET to come this means that whatever reality WAS to come had not YET come at the time of writing. So, what's 'the reality' being addressed that has not occurred yet? Additionally, the ordinances, i.e. holy days, feast days, new-moon festivals and sabbaths, etc. had NOTHING to do with the weekly 7th-day Sabbath. The laws contained in the ordinances were those that were nailed to the cross ...NOT the Ten Commandments and not the 4th commandment pertaining to the 7th-day Sabbath.

Man, this is like trying to extract a tooth! Does anyone have an answer to WHY Christians do not honor the Sabbath without the response being couched in complex and ambiguous texts?
Well it's right there in black and white didn't you read it?
Paul clearly states that those things were shadows of Christ and in case you haven't realized, Christ has come, died and been resurrected and now living.
But you seem to be a prime example of those I mentioned in my post who try to make scripture fit their religious paradigm.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
KCKID said:

The Reality is Christ. He is the fulfillment of all things.

Luk_24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

I don't think there is anything more that we can present to you. All we can do is pray.

Reactions: jiggyfly

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Axehead said:
The Reality is Christ. He is the fulfillment of all things.

Luk_24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

I don't think there is anything more that we can present to you. All we can do is pray.
Soooo . . .the reason you (I assume) keep Sunday - a 24 hour period - as a holy day but NOT the 7th-day (Saturday) - a 24-hour period - as contained within the 4th-commandment is ... ... ...? This is like trying to get a simple response from a politician.

As for the final part of your sentence about praying for me ...please don't be condescending. Okay? I read from the same Bible as you do and NOWHERE does it state that the Ten Commandments - including the 4th - were ever abrogated by the One (by ANYONE, in fact) who gave them.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
KCKID said:
Soooo . . .the reason you (I assume) keep Sunday - a 24 hour period - as a holy day but NOT the 7th-day (Saturday) - a 24-hour period - as contained within the 4th-commandment is ... ... ...? This is like trying to get a simple response from a politician.

As for the final part of your sentence about praying for me ...please don't be condescending. Okay? I read from the same Bible as you do and NOWHERE does it state that the Ten Commandments - including the 4th - were ever abrogated by the One (by ANYONE, in fact) who gave them.

Muslims have this religion called Islam...they also follow calendars and clocks in their religious rituals. Christianity does not do this. It is involved in eternal things...in the Spirit. In God...it is timeless..no time.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
KCKID said:

KC,

You may only involve yourself in these discussion as strictly exercises in debate but I see them more as a spiritual ministry (to give and receive). Am I wrong in assuming you pray for others you are conversing with? I guess I am. You must be of the opinion that we cannot spiritually "see" what you are presenting to us. I am of the opinion that you cannot "see" what I and others are presenting. Most issues are spiritual and have to do with hard hearts or spiritual blindness or both and we all need prayer to "see" more and more. Prayer is always needed along with conversation, don't you think?

You say you are not familiar with other threads about the Sabbath. There are several really good ones and a lot of time has been invested in them by several people. I know you are familiar with "Search". I would search on "Sabbath Rest".

When I get some more time I will find some links for you.

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
What's the spirit of the law?
Col. 2:16 Let no man judge you in meat or in drink or in respect of a holy day or of the new moon or of the sabbath days. First the natural then the spiritual....It is not the spiritual that is first,but the natural / physical, then the spiritual. Cor.15:46.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Men are mortal...but God is not just "immortal" but of a wholly other
nature. When we are born from above we receive this new divine nature
which is "eternal". So eternal is not just a perpetual life in a baser
nature. It is the continuing nature of God which also is unending. So
for us who are mortal, the best way to see eternal is as a nature...a
new nature. Those who live by this new nature will never die.

So it is with the Sabbath. Men need to stop or cease from their old
order of natural life in order to take on a new nature and rest in God.
We need to sabbath (put away, cease) the old man to put on the new man. So Christ is the Lord of the Sabbath. The Sabbath is eternal in nature.

When the bible says we should carry no burden on the Sabbath...the word
for burden in Hebrew is primarily of spiritual significance...

Notice..

Jer_17:21 Thus saith the LORD; Take heed to yourselves, and bear no burdenH4853 on the sabbath day, nor bring it in by the gates of Jerusalem;

H4853

משּׂא

maśśâ'

mas-saw'

From H5375; a burden; specifically tribute, or (abstractly) porterage; figuratively an utterance, chiefly a doom, especially singing; mental, desire: - burden, carry away, prophecy, X they set, song, tribute.

Notice the spiritual intention here...

Mal_1:1 The burdenH4853 of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.

Carrying no other burden besides the burden of the Lord fits perfectly
with the idea of putting the kingdom first...and taking the yoke of
Christ upon us. We are to carry no other burden but the Lord's. This is
the purpose of the Sabbath...to cease from our own thoughts affections
and pursuits and put God first. This also corresponds to having no other
God or idol in place of God, as well as not using the Lord's name in
vain (no burden for His word).

Reactions: dragonfly

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
KCKID said:

7 The old way, with laws etched in stone, led to death, though it began with such glory that the people of Israel could not bear to look at Moses’ face. For his face shone with the glory of God, even though the brightness was already fading away.8 Shouldn’t we expect far greater glory under the new way, now that the Holy Spirit is giving life?9 If the old way, which brings condemnation, was glorious, how much more glorious is the new way, which makes us right with God!10 In fact, that first glory was not glorious at all compared with the overwhelming glory of the new way.11 So if the old way, which has been replaced, was glorious, how much more glorious is the new, which remains forever!

2 Cor 3:7-11 (NLT)

19 Why, then, was the law given? It was given alongside the promise to show people their sins. But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised. God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people.

Gal 3:19 (NLT)

Here's a couple want some more?

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Axehead said:
KC,

You may only involve yourself in these discussion as strictly exercises in debate but I see them more as a spiritual ministry (to give and receive). Am I wrong in assuming you pray for others you are conversing with? I guess I am. You must be of the opinion that we cannot spiritually "see" what you are presenting to us. I am of the opinion that you cannot "see" what I and others are presenting. Most issues are spiritual and have to do with hard hearts or spiritual blindness or both and we all need prayer to "see" more and more. Prayer is always needed along with conversation, don't you think?

You say you are not familiar with other threads about the Sabbath. There are several really good ones and a lot of time has been invested in them by several people. I know you are familiar with "Search". I would search on "Sabbath Rest".

When I get some more time I will find some links for you.
When someone says "I will pray for you" in this specific case it means, "You're in ignorance with regard to the topic at hand, I will pray that God reveals the truth to you as he has to me." It's condescending because I am NOT ignorant on this topic. In fact, I believe that you and others are in ignorance about the Sunday vs Sabbath issue. You quote ambiguous (yes ambiguous) scriptures as if THEY answer the question, why do Christians not honor the Sabbath? The truth of the matter IS that none of you would have ever given any thought as to why Sunday is the Christian 'sabbath' if the topic was never raised. ONCE the topic is raised, however, answers MUST be given to protect/defend mainstream Christianity. It cannot EVER admit that it merely followed like a sheep an RCC teaching that IT (the RCC) has the DIVINE AUTHORITY to initiate and install and change 'holy days'. So, while I understand the reluctance to 'come clean' by those that DO know the answer as to why Christians don't honor the 7th-day Sabbath I also understand WHY they must fabricate reasons for their own survival. Christianity would not only lose face if it were to give the real reason why Sunday has become the Christian 'sabbath' ...it would also lose the support of its members in droves! "I" would commend The Church for its honesty and support it but most would not.

The REAL reason that Christians don't honor the Sabbath is because Sunday is the day that its church doors are open. It's that simple. The 'why' is something that most would not even think about, they wouldn't have a clue. And, that's understandable. Sunday, for most of us, has been the traditional 'holy day' of Christians practically forever. People follow traditions blindly. It's what human beings do. But, I wonder how many would like the idea that the abrogation of the 7th-day Sabbath that was replaced with Sunday came about through an edict of the RCC WAY back in time and Protestants have merely followed the 'divine' authority of the RCC to initiate its own 'holy day' like sheep? If few would care ...fine. But would it be more honest to admit that THIS is the answer to the question, Why Do Christians Not Honor The Sabbath ...?

jiggyfly said:
7 The old way, with laws etched in stone, led to death, though it began with such glory that the people of Israel could not bear to look at Moses’ face. For his face shone with the glory of God, even though the brightness was already fading away.8 Shouldn’t we expect far greater glory under the new way, now that the Holy Spirit is giving life?9 If the old way, which brings condemnation, was glorious, how much more glorious is the new way, which makes us right with God!10 In fact, that first glory was not glorious at all compared with the overwhelming glory of the new way.11 So if the old way, which has been replaced, was glorious, how much more glorious is the new, which remains forever!

2 Cor 3:7-11 (NLT)

19 Why, then, was the law given? It was given alongside the promise to show people their sins. But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised. God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people.

Gal 3:19 (NLT)

Here's a couple want some more?
No, I don't want any more. NO Bible texts explain why the 7th-day Sabbath was replaced with Sunday. This came about AFTER the canons of scripture were compiled. See my post above.

While this thread asks a perfectly legitimate question I've been accused by a couple of, um, miscreants of using this thread as a platform for support of homosexuality. How one can equate the Sabbath with homosexuality is really a stretch but there you go. That claim HAS been made. HOWEVER, this DOES raise a rather valid point that is not entirely unrelated to either topic. Christians continually remind us of the texts in Leviticus where God commands the death penalty for 'man lying with man as with woman'. They may know nothing else about what the Bible might contain but they know THAT text. If that text is still applicable to we of the year 2013 then here's another that must ALSO be applicable: "Keep you my Sabbath, for it is holy unto you, he that profane it shall be put to death; he that shall do any work in it, his soul shall perish in the midst of his people." (Exodus 31:14) While the 'man lying' text never made it to the Ten Commandments ...the Sabbath text (command #4) DID! Is Christianity little more than a circus where, instead of juggling bowling pins we do so with selective scriptures?

jiggyfly said:
Well it's right there in black and white didn't you read it?
Yes, I DID read it and in fact have read it many times over the years. YOU, however, did not read or you didn't understand what "I" stated in my post. See below . . .

jiggyfly said:
Paul clearly states that those things were shadows of Christ and in case you haven't realized, Christ has come, died and been resurrected and now living.
But you seem to be a prime example of those I mentioned in my post who try to make scripture fit their religious paradigm.
At the time of writing - please bear with me - Paul is using the words 'yet to come' which indicates CLEARLY that this 'reality' he speaks of has NOT YET occurred. In case YOU hadn't realized, Christ had come, died and been resurrected WAY BEFORE Paul stated that this 'reality' was YET to come. Soooo, when Paul wrote that text the 'reality' had not YET come! It's right there in black and white. Savvy?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I see the never ending sabbath debate is ...... well never ending :)

I happened to be looking at 1 Corinthians 16:1-3 and it sounds like the Christians were meeting on the first day of the week (sunday)

The topic is about having them set aside a tithe to be later forwarded to Jerusalem ***

1. Now about the collection for the Lord’s people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. 2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made. 3 Then, when I arrive, I will give letters of introduction to the men you approve and send them with your gift to Jerusalem. ***

*** This should also anger some RC's who figure everything should have been sent to Rome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.