Why do people worry about sins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
(1John 5:17) “Every kind of wrongdoing is sin, but not all sin is deadly.”

My understanding of a sin that is deadly is a sin that a person who know God deliberately commits.

A deliberate sin is a wrongdoing that a person knows is wrong, is aware that if he or she commits the act, that they are disobeying God. The person then is willing to disobey God.

I have not committed a deliberate sin in over thirty.

A person who knows God can still commit a wrongdoing that is not deadly.

My understanding of a sin that is not deadly is a sin that a person does not willingly commit. These are acts one
can do because he or she is not aware they are wrong. They may be acts that one is not even aware he or she is doing.

(Matthew5:48) “ Be perfect,therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Jesus called us to be perfect, and in order to be perfect one needs to live a totally sin free life, A life where one commits no wrongdoing.

The Holy Spirit has been teaching me to become perfect. Only God can judge if and when I achieve that goal.

Just as a footnote, the Holy Spirit is always guiding me, but at times I may do or say something that is not perfect. I may find myself driving over the speed limit,and was not aware of it. I do the wrongdoing before the Holy Spirit has had time to make me aware. But you can be sure that I will be brought to task soon.

Okay. Here's the deal. I have no desire to get 'into it' with you. But here are the impressions I get about you whenever you post.
You're quick to point the finger at other peoples sin. Which we are told is the sin of being 'religious'...to find sin in others before ourselves.
You have a low tolerance for anything you consider wrong: anything that is not what you think, you are quick to insult and accuse of being wrong. This is harsh and unloving. The Bible tells us to correct our brothers and sisters, but to do so with love and kindness.
You put a line between intentional and unintentional sin, conveniently forgetting (it seems) that all sin is sin and an abomination to God. The Bible tells us that it is only through Christ that our sins are forgiven, and that any sin confesses will be forgiven. There is none of your distinctions there.
You claim to have kept perfectly your distinction of 'unintentional sin' for 30 years. This is pride, and quite frankly, no one on this board is going to believe your claim. We are sinful, and no matter how much we love Jesus, no matter how much we strive to live a more Christ like life, there are always moments where anger, of fear, or jealousy trip us up. I wonder if I were to talk to those closest to you...your spouse, your kids, your friends, your parents...would they back up your claim? Would Jesus back up your claim....not one single 'unintentional' sin in 30 years? It's either pride or a lie, I'm afraid...and friend....either one is a sin.

Look, my point is this: you're on this board and you claim to be perfect...or the perfect that God wants of us humans (in your opinion) in this life time. However the Bible is very clear on these things: we are all sinful, we'll only be perfect when Jesus returns, that all sin is sin, and that sin is only forgiven by Christ when we repent. Everything else you are reading into, and then telling people who are being honest with their struggles that they are going to hell.

I'm a sinner. There's no doubt about it. I struggle with it daily, and know that without Christ I would be doomed. I know that it is my goal to grow closer to Jesus as I get older, and in doing that hopefully I will become more like Him. But I still know that should I live to be 90 I will still sin and still rely upon Him for my salvation. Friend, maybe instead of spending time pointing out sin in others (that they are probably perfectly aware of) and counting off the years you haven't 'sinned', and patting yourself on the back for it....maybe you should spend that time loving Jesus and loving others....just like He told us to?

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Hey Shep. Not exactly sure of your point! So I'll just clarify mine, because I suspect they line up fairly well.
Works, that being anything we do, cannot gain us salvation...that comes from Jesus and Him alone. But once we are saved, once we are renewed within, there are certain evidences of that change. Like the fruit that a Christian should produce, we should also want to do things, good works, as an outpouring of our love for God. In this way it is a proof, and evidence of a new heart. Does that make sense?

We know from what Paul tells us that works will not save us, but we are also told in James that true faith will not be empty...it will come with a true change, that we will have a desire within us to help others. One can have works with no salvation, but the one who is truly saved, should have the goodness of God flowing out of them.

[17] So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
[18] But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
(James 2:17-18 ESV)

Hope that clears up my thoughts a bit!

I agree...kinda what I was trying to say...We do what God has appointed us to do out of pure joy......

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

We all know Christ came to save both the Jew and Gentile. Paul teaches this often for example in Rom 15:8,10,11,12).

Christ came to call sinners to repentance Mat 9:11-13 and John 10:9 and Paul reveals that all
men both Jew and Gentile have sinned and come far short of God's high calling Rom 3:9,23.

Is anyone here greater than Paul in works or faith?

And yet
in Paul's writings speaking at different points of time he spoke concerning himself as "the least of the apostles" 1 Co 15:9. Later in his ministry he was "less than the least of all saints" Eph 3:8 and finally Paul states even further "I am the chief (or foremost sinner) 1Ti 1:15.

Many of you may want to take note Paul doesn’t use past tense when speaking of sin "I am" NOT "I was" the "chief of sinners"!

But remember this fellow believer. We needed a man like Saul as he reminds no one is a lost cause. Every human being has potential. God's hand is not shortened that it cannot save. There is neither grave to deep nor dunghill so strong in stench that a gem like Paul cannot be found and crowned by the Almighty God.

Alethos

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

We all know Christ came to save both the Jew and Gentile. Paul teaches this often for example in Rom 15:8,10,11,12).

Christ came to call sinners to repentance Mat 9:11-13 and John 10:9 and Paul reveals that all
men both Jew and Gentile have sinned and come far short of God's high calling Rom 3:9,23.

Is anyone here greater than Paul in works or faith?

And yet
in Paul's writings speaking at different points of time he spoke concerning himself as "the least of the apostles" 1 Co 15:9. Later in his ministry he was "less than the least of all saints" Eph 3:8 and finally Paul states even further "I am the chief (or foremost sinner) 1Ti 1:15.

Many of you may want to take note Paul doesn’t use past tense when speaking of sin "I am" NOT "I was" the "chief of sinners"!

But remember this fellow believer. We needed a man like Saul as he reminds no one is a lost cause. Every human being has potential. God's hand is not shortened that it cannot save. There is neither grave to deep nor dunghill so strong in stench that a gem like Paul cannot be found and crowned by the Almighty God.

Alethos
Yes and if we chose to understand scripture the way you do, then Paul will not be in the Kingdom of God. You see Paul tells us that sinners will not enter the Kingdom of God; Paul said that.

(Romans 6: 1-2) “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

(Romans 6:11) “In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
I opened this thread so that I can see “what” or “Who” people place their faith in.

It seems that many place their faith in “what they do” and many more in themselves (the who).

There are not many that place their faith in “what” Jesus (the “who“) did on the cross. It seems to be an after thought and that His work on the cross was not powerful enough to save the lost.

Heb 7:18-22 (NKJ)
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
20 And inasmuch as He was not made priest without an oath
21 (for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him: "The Lord has sworn and will not relent, 'You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek' "),
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.

Heb 8:6-7 (NKJ)
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant (Law) had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.

If there was never any other gospel (covenant) than the gospel of the grace of God, as some claim, why was it necessary to replace an old covenant (gospel)? --- If one was "unprofitable" then it must have failed to be profitable. In order to replace the old, the old had to exist in order to be replaced.

Jesus and the 12 (or 11) taught the gospel of the Abrahamic Covenant. A covenant to which the law was added (Gal 3:16-19). The law failed because of " its weakness and unprofitable-ness" It was "unprofitable" because of the weakness of men. Men could not live up to the standards of God's perfect laws. But Jesus did and He did it for us.

And now, today, we find those that claim that they can become good enough (transformed as was said). They don’t seem to understand that God made a way for sinners to become children of God in the Spirit. They are so caught up in the flesh that they just can’t admit that they are sinners in the flesh just like everyone else.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
I opened this thread so that I can see “what” or “Who” people place their faith in.

It seems that many place their faith in “what they do” and many more in themselves (the who).

There are not many that place their faith in “what” Jesus (the “who“) did on the cross. It seems to be an after thought and that His work on the cross was not powerful enough to save the lost.

Heb 7:18-22 (NKJ)
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
20 And inasmuch as He was not made priest without an oath
21 (for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him: "The Lord has sworn and will not relent, 'You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek' "),
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.

Heb 8:6-7 (NKJ)
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant (Law) had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.

If there was never any other gospel (covenant) than the gospel of the grace of God, as some claim, why was it necessary to replace an old covenant (gospel)? --- If one was "unprofitable" then it must have failed to be profitable. In order to replace the old, the old had to exist in order to be replaced.

Jesus and the 12 (or 11) taught the gospel of the Abrahamic Covenant. A covenant to which the law was added (Gal 3:16-19). The law failed because of " its weakness and unprofitable-ness" It was "unprofitable" because of the weakness of men. Men could not live up to the standards of God's perfect laws. But Jesus did and He did it for us.

And now, today, we find those that claim that they can become good enough (transformed as was said). They don’t seem to understand that God made a way for sinners to become children of God in the Spirit. They are so caught up in the flesh that they just can’t admit that they are sinners in the flesh just like everyone else.

Then there are those who in order to justify their sins, need to become two people, and only one of them is held accountable.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

Those same people can’t understand that People are one with their spirits.

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia

Are you speaking about willful sin?

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
The interesting thing is, that while the NT doesn't distinguish between intentional and unintentional sin - sin is sin...all of it leading to a death sentence; the Mosaic Law had in place a specific sacrifice for unintentional sin. Which implies it too is bad enough to need cleansing. Why would anyone suddenly decide that if they did a whoopise sin, It doesn't count? That's like saying food eaten at a move doesn't count. Food's food...sin's sin, and all of it is an offence to God. With repentance we are saved from all sin.
Can anyone, with a clear conscience, believe that if they 'accidentally' got mad at their kid, or friend...that it wasn't intentional, that it doesn't matter?? That it doesn't need to be repented of? Because the thing is, if you know you need to repent of an action or sin...then it matters. It doesn't hold up to say "unintentional sin doesn't matter...but I still have to repent of it." It either counts, or it doesn't. And after all, aren't we told in scripture that all sin counts and is equal in God's eyes?

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
The interesting thing is, that while the NT doesn't distinguish between intentional and unintentional sin - sin is sin...all of it leading to a death sentence; the Mosaic Law had in place a specific sacrifice for unintentional sin. Which implies it too is bad enough to need cleansing. Why would anyone suddenly decide that if they did a whoopise sin, It doesn't count? That's like saying food eaten at a move doesn't count. Food's food...sin's sin, and all of it is an offence to God. With repentance we are saved from all sin.
Can anyone, with a clear conscience, believe that if they 'accidentally' got mad at their kid, or friend...that it wasn't intentional, that it doesn't matter?? That it doesn't need to be repented of? Because the thing is, if you know you need to repent of an action or sin...then it matters. It doesn't hold up to say "unintentional sin doesn't matter...but I still have to repent of it." It either counts, or it doesn't. And after all, aren't we told in scripture that all sin counts and is equal in God's eyes?

I didnt say we “dont” do wilful sins, rather a sin which is unrepentant, wilfully committed with a “ high hand” the type mentioned in Num 15:30.

Richard, by the way what’s with the heaven going statement – the reward of the saints is on Earth?

It either counts, or it doesn't. And after all, aren't we told in scripture that all sin counts and is equal in God's eyes?

Hey Rach,

If all sin is equal in God eyes why did He have Moses write pages and pages of varying requirements/punishments for varying sins?

I could list examples if you would like?

Alethos

Since he/she posted it then they are saying they NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, do any of those things.

What Paul is saying is that those who live in the flesh, outside of Christ, will never enter heaven

Richard

Are you suggesting everyone who is baptised into Christ or has belief in him will be saved?

What will cast the responsible sinner out?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

First one should know that John said all wrongdoing is sin, but not all sin is deadly. He told us all one needs to do for these sins is to pray.

(1 John 5:17) “Every kind of wrongdoing is sin, but not all sin is deadly.”

Hebrews tells us that it is deliberate sin that keeps one out of the Kingdom of God.

(Hebrews 10:26)If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins

We are called by God to be perfect. So God gave us his Holy Spirit to give us the grace to become perfect.

(Galatians 5:16) “Let me put it like this if you are guided by the Spirit you will be in no danger of yielding to self-indulgence....”.

(Matthew 5:48) “ Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

So yes Christians are called to be perfect, and with the guidance of Jesus and Holy Spirit will become perfect. That means one will do no wrongdoing.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I didnt say we “dont” do wilful sins, rather a sin which is unrepentant, wilfully committed with a “ high hand” the type mentioned in Num 15:30.

Hey Rach,

If all sin is equal in God eyes why did He have Moses write pages and pages of varying requirements/punishments for varying sins?

I could list examples if you would like?

Alethos

Hey Alethos! Okay, I'll try and explain myself better! Christians shouldn't be unrepentant. We should never feel it's okay and allowable to sin, just because we know we can be forgiven for it. It's like 'christians' going out and sleeping around and then 'repenting' of it, knowing full well they're not going to stop. This is a terrible abuse of the gift of grace. But having said that, if someone did do that but was suddenly truly convicted of their actions, repented and then did their very best not to slip again, grace will cover them.

But the point seems to be if as Christians we look God in the face and say "I know this is a sin, but I'm gonna do it anyway!" The problem with labelling this is it suddenly comes down to shades of black and white. While I would say to the above "No true Christian would do that!" I also know that if we do the sin while not looking or thinking of God, we should still know, deep down that what we are doing is wrong.If I do something that I feel is right and supports my needs and wants best, but feel a little niggling that perhaps I shouldn't, is this indigestion or grieving the Holy Spirit...which would be just as bad as denying God to His face. So then, how do we label something 'unintentional'? Is sinning when you're not thinking of God unintentional? Is sinning when you first wake up in the morning and snarl at your spouse unintentional, because you're not fully awake yet? Who puts the line down? If man is allowed to put that line down, we're in for trouble.

As far as the 'weight of sin' thing goes, I know that there were different punishments etc....just as we are told that there will be in hell as well (he whose sins are few, his stripes will be few). I think my point was this: We see murder as being a big doozy of a sin, both religiously and socially. Jesus told us that anyone who looks at a man with hate in his heart has murdered that man. Even our 'little' or maybe 'unintentional' sins have greater weight than we think. The original sin that lost us the garden was really only eating a piece of fruit, right? That sound's fairly innocent....until you factor in the underlying sin....pride. As humans so much of our behaviour and attitude, our thoughts, have their roots in pride. They seem fine, and socially it is, but pride is what got Satan kicked out of heaven, and people out of the garden. Who are we to declare that our sins aren't 'that bad' that unintentional sins (whatever they may in fact be) isn't rooted in something else? Only God knows what is at everyone's heart. It is not for Thankful or anyone to label what sins are or are not acceptable in God's eyes. God has told us none are.....this is why we are lost without Jesus.

Are we told to be perfect? We are told to strive to become more like Christ, sure. And that's a marvellous goal. But we are also told that we will only be perfect once the Kingdom comes. So what is it to be then, what is the Bible actually telling us to do? It tells us to strive for perfection....and well it should! Even shooting for perfection we fall far short. Imagine if it only told us to be good some of the time! Strive for living a life like Christ, but know it will only come to fruition once Jesus returns. It is impossible for a member of a fallen race to be perfect in a fallen world. It took divinity to reach that goal, and even having grace, we still live in fallen bodies in a fallen world. We are not God and we are not perfect. What we are, is forgiven! And that....that is our power to live life free.

First one should know that John said all wrongdoing is sin, but not all sin is deadly. He told us all one needs to do for these sins is to pray.

(1 John 5:17) “Every kind of wrongdoing is sin, but not all sin is deadly.”

Hebrews tells us that it is deliberate sin that keeps one out of the Kingdom of God.

(Hebrews 10:26)If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins

We are called by God to be perfect. So God gave us his Holy Spirit to give us the grace to become perfect.

(Galatians 5:16) “Let me put it like this if you are guided by the Spirit you will be in no danger of yielding to self-indulgence....”.

(Matthew 5:48) “ Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

So yes Christians are called to be perfect, and with the guidance of Jesus and Holy Spirit will become perfect. That means one will do no wrongdoing.

See above!

Okay Thankful, after reading your Bible verses in context I need to ask you something, to just clarify: These verses talk of not sinning deliberately...the sin that leads to death. Here is what I would say both of those mean:

Deliberately sinning or sin that leads to death is sin that is (1) unrepented of and (2) of the kind or nature that John has warned about throughout the letter, and Hebrews talks about: resolute rejection of the true doctrine about Christ, chronic disobedience to God's commandments, persistent lack of love for fellow believers—all indications of a lack of saving faith—which will not be forgiven.

I would say that these things are actually symptoms of not really being saved, not being a true Christian....maybe calling themselves one, but showing no fruit at all. It is not, however, addressing someone who has true salvation...who does sin through their human nature, but repents and grows from it...You seem to be addressing your posts to those who are secure in their salvation, who admit to their sin, who confess and repent of it. I just don't see these passages saying that.

As far as Matt 5:48 goes..." be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Scripture is a reflection of God himself as he has made his will and character known to his people. As Christians seek to live in conformity to Scripture, they are in fact pursuing the very perfection of God. This verse provides the conclusion and summary to the antithesis section (vv. 21–48), showing that all of the Law and the Prophets find their perfect fulfilment in the perfection of the Father, which is what all Jesus' disciples are called to pursue.

The difference is in between pursing it and attaining it. Only Jesus was perfect on this world. We strive for it, but as we are not Christ, we will never achieve it in this world.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Hey Alethos! Okay, I'll try and explain myself better! Christians shouldn't be unrepentant. We should never feel it's okay and allowable to sin, just because we know we can be forgiven for it. It's like 'christians' going out and sleeping around and then 'repenting' of it, knowing full well they're not going to stop. This is a terrible abuse of the gift of grace. But having said that, if someone did do that but was suddenly truly convicted of their actions, repented and then did their very best not to slip again, grace will cover them.

But the point seems to be if as Christians we look God in the face and say "I know this is a sin, but I'm gonna do it anyway!" The problem with labelling this is it suddenly comes down to shades of black and white. While I would say to the above "No true Christian would do that!" I also know that if we do the sin while not looking or thinking of God, we should still know, deep down that what we are doing is wrong.If I do something that I feel is right and supports my needs and wants best, but feel a little niggling that perhaps I shouldn't, is this indigestion or grieving the Holy Spirit...which would be just as bad as denying God to His face. So then, how do we label something 'unintentional'? Is sinning when you're not thinking of God unintentional? Is sinning when you first wake up in the morning and snarl at your spouse unintentional, because you're not fully awake yet? Who puts the line down? If man is allowed to put that line down, we're in for trouble.

As far as the 'weight of sin' thing goes, I know that there were different punishments etc....just as we are told that there will be in hell as well (he whose sins are few, his stripes will be few). I think my point was this: We see murder as being a big doozy of a sin, both religiously and socially. Jesus told us that anyone who looks at a man with hate in his heart has murdered that man. Even our 'little' or maybe 'unintentional' sins have greater weight than we think. The original sin that lost us the garden was really only eating a piece of fruit, right? That sound's fairly innocent....until you factor in the underlying sin....pride. As humans so much of our behaviour and attitude, our thoughts, have their roots in pride. They seem fine, and socially it is, but pride is what got Satan kicked out of heaven, and people out of the garden. Who are we to declare that our sins aren't 'that bad' that unintentional sins (whatever they may in fact be) isn't rooted in something else? Only God knows what is at everyone's heart. It is not for Thankful or anyone to label what sins are or are not acceptable in God's eyes. God has told us none are.....this is why we are lost without Jesus.

Are we told to be perfect? We are told to strive to become more like Christ, sure. And that's a marvellous goal. But we are also told that we will only be perfect once the Kingdom comes. So what is it to be then, what is the Bible actually telling us to do? It tells us to strive for perfection....and well it should! Even shooting for perfection we fall far short. Imagine if it only told us to be good some of the time! Strive for living a life like Christ, but know it will only come to fruition once Jesus returns. It is impossible for a member of a fallen race to be perfect in a fallen world. It took divinity to reach that goal, and even having grace, we still live in fallen bodies in a fallen world. We are not God and we are not perfect. What we are, is forgiven! And that....that is our power to live life free.

See above!

Okay Thankful, after reading your Bible verses in context I need to ask you something, to just clarify: These verses talk of not sinning deliberately...the sin that leads to death. Here is what I would say both of those mean:

Deliberately sinning or sin that leads to death is sin that is (1) unrepented of and (2) of the kind or nature that John has warned about throughout the letter, and Hebrews talks about: resolute rejection of the true doctrine about Christ, chronic disobedience to God's commandments, persistent lack of love for fellow believers—all indications of a lack of saving faith—which will not be forgiven.

I would say that these things are actually symptoms of not really being saved, not being a true Christian....maybe calling themselves one, but showing no fruit at all. It is not, however, addressing someone who has true salvation...who does sin through their human nature, but repents and grows from it...You seem to be addressing your posts to those who are secure in their salvation, who admit to their sin, who confess and repent of it. I just don't see these passages saying that.

As far as Matt 5:48 goes..." be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Scripture is a reflection of God himself as he has made his will and character known to his people. As Christians seek to live in conformity to Scripture, they are in fact pursuing the very perfection of God. This verse provides the conclusion and summary to the antithesis section (vv. 21–48), showing that all of the Law and the Prophets find their perfect fulfilment in the perfection of the Father, which is what all Jesus' disciples are called to pursue.

The difference is in between pursing it and attaining it. Only Jesus was perfect on this world. We strive for it, but as we are not Christ, we will never achieve it in this world.
You can believe what you wantto believe. I will believe what Jesuspersonally taught me.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
You can believe what you wantto believe. I will believe what Jesuspersonally taught me.

That's fine...I have absolutely no problem with that. But please stop telling me that I'm going to hell....okay? Cause I know I'm saved...one can feel the Spirit living within them...It's not just pride, arrogance and ignorance that has me saying I'm saved. I can feel the difference within my heart now that I'm saved. It's that simple!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
What then is deliberate sin? Can anyone actually say he was forced to sin? Many have died for their faith. The Apostles forsook Jesus. Would you call that deliberate? Are they in Hell? I certainly hope not. That wouldn't give the rest of us much hope, except for those who imagine they are sinless. I think the bottom line is that God is merciful to all who truly repent of their sins. That, of course, doesn't include those who choose to live sinful lives.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
We all sin whether willingly or not. When God says he wants his people to become holy in His sanctification process he wants #1- break down the strongholds of willful sin which is rebellion against him, #2- to change and transform the believers mind to that of Christ (Philippians 2:5). In him renewing and transforming our mind we will stop doing willful sins and those unconscious sins He will begin to stop. By the grace of Christ you are justified and your sins are forgiven but that does not give us a right to sin. If you sin just because you have grace well that goes back to where is your heart? Whom does your heart belong to? Here is a little thought : I had a disease called Sin that got so bad that I needed a blood transfusion and that blood was the blood of Jesus Christ and now I have new dna and that is the Holy Spirit!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
That's fine...I have absolutely no problem with that. But please stop telling me that I'm going to hell....okay? Cause I know I'm saved...one can feel the Spirit living within them...It's not just pride, arrogance and ignorance that has me saying I'm saved. I can feel the difference within my heart now that I'm saved. It's that simple!

I am not your judge, and as far as I remember you were never told by me you would go to Hell.

My job is to give a word. I am doing what Jesus has told me to do.

Ask yourself who taught you about God. Has Jesus ever called you out by name? Do you still sin?

(1 John 3:9) “No one, who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”
1 John 3:8-10 (ESV)
[sup]8 [/sup]Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. [sup]9 [/sup]No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.
[sup]10 [/sup]By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Hey Alethos! Okay, I'll try and explain myself better! Christians shouldn't be unrepentant. We should never feel it's okay and allowable to sin, just because we know we can be forgiven for it.

Agree Rom 6:1,2

It's like 'Christians’ going out and sleeping around and then 'repenting' of it, knowing full well they're not going to stop. This is a terrible abuse of the gift of grace. But having said that, if someone did do that but was suddenly truly convicted of their actions, repented and then did their very best not to slip again, grace will cover them.

Agree Rom 6:1,2

Rach, if the Word of God is developing in you a "good" conscience your sins will be manifested in some way and at some time. If the are not they are done in ignorance this is a different matter as I believe some of this will be dealt with at the judgment.

A good example is David and Bathsheba....under the law David ought to be put to death for his sin, however God extended mercy (Why?) because in David’s life he had extended mercy to others. This is why it’s so important we understand the deep of His mercy and practice of each other daily.

Sin is everywhere! Loving rebuke with mercy is righteousness.

Well I agree with most of wht you have written although I would question "free life" and what that might mean to you.

I do like how you speak of striving to be like Christ, unfortunately many Christians in the world believe Jesus will accept them as they are; meaning no need for change and growth. A dangerous mindset to have when we know the Word will be our judge.

Best we get to know our judge very well.

Alethos