Why do people worry about sins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Rach, You quoted 1John 1:8-10 doing so I believe as to prove that I just take scripture out of context to make it read the way that suits me. Well read the following.

Jesus has and is personally teaching me about God. I have a job to do, and it is not a pleasant job. I do not make any friends, nor do people like what I say. All that hurts me, but I do as I am told to do.

(1 John 1: 8-10)[sup] “[/sup]If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make himout to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pureas Christ. Any one who sins at allbreaks the law, because to sin is to break the law. Now you know thatHe appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin: anyonewho lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or knownHim. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is tobe holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, sincethe Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begottenby God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he hasbeen begotten by God.”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because thedevil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appearedwas to destroy the devil's work”

John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.

Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sinthere is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge ofthe truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer anysacrifice for them. There is left onlythe dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour yourenemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on theword of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples onthe Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified himas if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemnedto a far severer punishment. We are allaware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into thehands of the living God.”

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for thosepeople who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven,and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message ofGod and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallenaway it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they havewillfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

Quite obviously we do not agree on what John is teaching here. Quite obviously we are not going to....so I'll leave it alone for the moment.

My other point was your attitude. If you feel Jesus is calling you to believe this teaching, fine. I think you're mistaken. But whatever the truth, you need to know this is how you come across:

[The Pharisee and the Tax Collector]
[9] He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: [10] “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. [11] The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. [12] I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ [13] But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ [14] I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.
(Luke 18:9-14 ESV)

Here is a simple truth. Those who think they are righteous will become self-righteous, proud and have contempt for others.
If we are aware....painfully, that we are sinners and no matter how we try to live, will come up filthy before God without Christ, well, it helps keep us humble.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I would like to share something. Jesus has made his Home in me, and has guided me for over thirty years; he is my friend and God. I tell him by word and deed that I love him every day, all day long. Jesus is closer to me then my wife, whom I loved dearly, and would never have been unfaithful. If I would deliberately commit a sin, an act that I knew God would not like, I would then be rejecting Jesus, and accepting Satan/sin. Satan would then enter the house of God, what an insult to God.

I could never do such a thing to my Lord and God.

See this! This is beautiful Thankful! It's honest, heartfelt and manages to explain what you're trying to tell us so much better than everything you've said before!

This, this I agree with! I don't think it's possible to be completely without sin....that's just what we are at the moment...fallen people. But this I understand. Yes....if we very deliberately commit an act that we know is a sin, it should not be swept under the "Jesus will just forgive me" rug. It needs to seriously be addressed. If we were truly looking to Jesus in our life, why would we do such a thing in the first place....it would seem to indicate an underlying sin issue that hadn't been addressed...confessed and repented of. I still believe that it can be....confessed and repented of....be forgiven. But it should not be done lightly. We need to feel the weight of our sin to be truly sorry for it.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
See this! This is beautiful Thankful! It's honest, heartfelt and manages to explain what you're trying to tell us so much better than everything you've said before!

This, this I agree with! I don't think it's possible to be completely without sin....that's just what we are at the moment...fallen people. But this I understand. Yes....if we very deliberately commit an act that we know is a sin, it should not be swept under the "Jesus will just forgive me" rug. It needs to seriously be addressed. If we were truly looking to Jesus in our life, why would we do such a thing in the first place....it would seem to indicate an underlying sin issue that hadn't been addressed...confessed and repented of. I still believe that it can be....confessed and repented of....be forgiven. But it should not be done lightly. We need to feel the weight of our sin to be truly sorry for it.

There is something you don’t understand. I am not a teacher, evangelist, or pastor. I am to give a word. I amnot trying to convince anyone, my job is to tell, period.

You are trying to tell me how to do my job, a job I have been doing forover thirty years. You see what peoplethink of me is not important. What isimportant is that they hear what I say. There will be a few that take what I say to Jesus and let him teach himor her. Some to prove me wrong, othersbecause God has been calling them also.

The names I have been called on this forum have been nothing to what Ihave been called. You see the only oneI care to please is Jesus.

You can’t really believe someone who is telling most everyone that theyare wrong, is ever going to be liked. It does not matter how the message is delivered what I have to say isgoing to make people hate me.