Why do so many christians Hate Israel..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your question was pointless because Christians do not hate Israel! Satan and his servants hate Israel.

I fully understand what SovereignGrace is saying. She was giving a very clear and solid answer from a Scriptural perspective, and certainly the way I view the matter. SG comes across as being very well studied and theologically astute person.
I guess you dont read too many posts, youd be surprised.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe English is not your first language? I answered and gave clarity as to what God means about True Israel. And again,Christians do not hate Israel but rather the Edom Jew's agenda and it is against the Goyim as they call the gentile and Jacob. God will take care of everything and will protect the True House of David. In conclusion , if people call themselves Christian yet HATE Israel then they are simply wolves in Sheep's clothing NOT CHRISTIANS. And quite frankly this bait and switch/switch and bait against Christians is part of the Edom Jews agenda. They want to silence Christians and make them afraid to say ANYTHING against the false Jew. How about this: Why do Edom Jews hate Yeshua and the House of Jacob? that is the real issue. Maybe you need to learn who the real Israel is. Here, something from the REAL HOUSE of DAVID- the lineage of Jacob- the REAL ISRAEL, Jews inwardly as is the standard according to CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE, two of my brothers .

We are not talking about the false Jews, I am talking about Israel, there are just as many "false"Christians out there,

Mar_7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is an Edom Jew? I have never heard the term before. It is an apparent contradiction of terms.

Abraham was against Isaac taking a wife from among the Canaanites . Not only because of their worship of many different gods but because the land of Canaan had Nephilim. The Nephilim blood line was sprinkled throughout that land.
Genesis 24:3
A Wife for Isaac
…3and I will have you swear by the LORD, the God of heaven and the God of earth, that you will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites among whom I am dwelling, 4but will go to my country and my kindred to take a wife for my son Isaac.” 5The servant asked him, “What if the woman is unwilling to follow me to this land? Shall I then take your son back to the land from which you came?”…

The lineage of Abraham is preserved in Jacob -because Jacob did NOT marry of the Canaanites , which Abraham was told not to marry of and told Isaac and Isaac told his sons. Esau did the opposite. Abraham's offspring is preserved from the Nephilim seed through Jacob. Christ's mother is TRULY a descendant of Abraham because she is a direct descendant of Jacob NOT ESAU. Esau lost the right to be the lineage of Christ because he had NO regard for his birthright and sold it for some "Red Stew". The Hebraic birthright given by the patriarch is actually from God as all blessings are. That is why God says: Jacob I loved, Esau I hated.
Jacob told in Genesis 28:1-2
1So Isaac called for Jacob and blessed him. “Do not take a wife from the Canaanite women,” he commanded. 2“Go at once to Paddan-aram, to the house of your mother’s father Bethuel, and take a wife from among the daughters of Laban, your mother’s brother.…
Isaac , Abraham's son was reiterating what Abraham was told and told him.
Isaac continued the narrative of Abraham. Jacob obeyed.
Esau on the other hand did the opposite:
Esau's Mixed Marriage

Genesis 26:34&35 “When Esau was forty years old, he married Judith daughter of Beeri the Hititites, and also Basemath daughter of Elon the Hittite. They were a source of grief to Isaac and Rebekah.”

Many nit wits think God did not want mix marriage, meaning races ,THAT IS NOT TRUE . For Moses was married to a woman from Cush , SHE WAS A BLACK WOMAN. Not to mention Sheba Solomon's greatest love for a woman. Also, clearly when the earth was repopulated after the flood there had to be dark raced people within the Ark. Some things should seem obvious. Read : (Christianity The White Man's Religion??? ) I will post it after this.

So it is clear this is NOT the issue.
The Land of Canaan had Nephilim , the Hititites who occupied that land had Nephilim blood. Even though the earth was flooded and all on earth died except the 8 in the Ark the scriptures are clear that there were Nephilim afterwards.

Genesis 6:4 reads as follows: The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

So, the question is how were they here again after the flood? Well lets deduce with scripture......they could NOT have gone into the earth for the fountains of the deep too broke forth , they would have drowned. They were not purely supernatural beings like the imprisoned angels.
Genesis 7:11

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month, all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.
Genesis 7:12

And the rain fell upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

And we are clearly told EVERY LIVING THING with the breath of life in the nostrils ,NOT IN THE ARK died!
The Duration of the Flood

…22Of all that had been on dry land, everything that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23And every living thing on the face of the earth was destroyed— man and livestock, crawling creatures and birds of the air; they were blotted out from the earth, and only Noah remained, and those with him in the ark. 24And the waters prevailed upon the earth for 150 days.…

Could it be the angels, who were not of the 200 Watchers imprisoned (Book of Enoch), decided to follow suit , and again people followed it and woman mated and produced more Nephilim? Or this:
“And there we saw the Nephilim, the sons of Anak, who come of the Nephilim; and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.’ “Numbers 13:33 (The Israel Bible™)

It is clear the Nephilim , the sons of Anak, who come of the Nephilim made more Nephilim. His descendants are mentioned in narratives concerning the conquest of Canaan by the Israelites. According to the Book of Numbers, Anak was a forefather of the Anakim. The Bible describes them as very tall descendants of the Nephilim.

So my question is did some Nephilim make their nest amongst the stars? I say yes! And this is where the extraterrestrial deception of today comes from. The ancient pagan cultures called them the god's from the stars .
The Destruction of Edom Obadiah 1:4

…3The pride of your heart has deceived you—O dwellers in the clefts of the rocks whose habitation is the heights, who say in your heart, ‘Who can bring me down to the ground?’ 4Though you soar like the eagle and make your( nest among the stars), even from there I will bring you down,” declares the LORD. 5“If thieves came to you, if robbers by night—oh, how you will be ruined—would they not steal only what they wanted? If grape pickers came to you, would they not leave some gleanings?…
Then at the flood Nephilim went to space. For today, that knowledge has been attained by man. Men who are influenced by fallen angel knowledge TODAY are building nest among the stars "Space Force" and all past actions in space travel , and even NOW Israel (AS A NATION) has joined that race. But before any man today in modern times could Nephilim did back then.
Continue.....

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is about the destruction of Edom, not the land because the land still is, but a people who are of the lineage
of Esau . Esau was called Edom=Red after eating the "Red Stew" . His offspring are the Edom Jews. For today -
many Jews are of the lineage of Esau. They will be the ones to produce the Mark of the Beast for Israel. The
mark will come out of Israel as Jacob represents -(Israel ) in the account of the Red Stew. Not that the remnant
of Jacob will give the Mark, but out of Israel the (country) which is named after Jacob whom God called Israel.
All the house of Jacob will be saved, meaning all the descendants of Jacob by lineage will be saved ,but NOT of
Esau. God hates that lineage because it has a Nephilim Mark. Esau was no Nephilim , he was hated by God for
rejecting his birthright and mixing the lineage of Abraham with Nephilim women.

After the flood the Nephilim returned. For it is clear the Nephilim made more Nephilim , not angels made more
Nephilim. We know the sentence of the angels who did do this , they were imprisoned according to our beloved
prophet Enoch. The same sentence would befall the other's who were cast down with Lucifer for God shows no
partiality concerning the punishment of this transgression by some angles.

Romans 2:11 ESV For God shows no partiality.

He would therefore, punish any other angels in the same way He did the Watchers. The remaining angels as will
the Watchers will have their just dues at the Final judgement! For now the fallen 1/3 of heaven roam about
seeking the ruin of souls.

The 1/3 of heaven's angels that fell when Lucifer was cast down, were not the 200 Watchers. The watchers are
different , they sinned after that event. The 1/3 of the angels that fell with Lucifer were not cast out from the
heavens above that we know as (space) but rather, beyond those heavens. They have been able to ascend to
space and come down to earth from that portion of the heavens, which extends to the gates of the Kingdom of
heaven.The end of space or beginning (I AM THE BEGINNING AND THE END. IT STARTS WITH GOD
AND ENDS WITH GOD)-the end of the physical universe is where the Kingdom of heaven begins . For the
earth is God's footstool and heaven- beyond the universe, is His throne. However, they will not be able to as-
cend up into space for much longer! Nor will man! Men received the knowledge of space travel from the fallen
ones unbeknownst to them. Not all thoughts which enter men's minds are their own. The final casting down will
be from even the universe. Rev.12 speaks to this final casting down as does Obadiah. God will destroy the plans
of the fallen ones and their people, who believe in them and are of them.

The fallen ones want to make it seem like men have devised this knowledge themselves to legitimize the extra-
terrestrial deception.

Many Nephilim escaped to space and resumed mating with women after the flood ,after men again began to re-
populate the earth.They wanted to corrupt the flesh of men to the point that God would have no vessels made in
His image.

The Land of Canaan was known for having Nephilim throughout the scriptures. That is why Abraham was com-
manded NOT to marry of the Canaanite women.

Genesis 26:34&35 “When Esau was forty years old, he married Judith daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and also
Basemath daughter of Elon the Hittite. They were a source of grief to Isaac and Rebekah.”

They were a source of grief to Isaac and Rebekah.” Esau married into Nephilim blood line and his offspring has
Nephilim markers. Christ therefore, could not come from that blood line. And is why God said: 'Jacob I loved,
Esau I hated".

Mother Mary had no Nephilim blood line because she is not of Esau's lineage. This is going to give you greater
understanding as to WHY, Christ called some Pharisees and Sadducees " brood of vipers" = Children of devils!
Neither Christ nor John the Baptist would accept them nor afford them a way to escape the judgement. Of
course you do not need a Nephilim Marker to be a child of the devil. But this Marker clearly survived in a small
group of people. Because not all Esau's lineage were killed in the attack of Edom. Many fled to different parts
of the earth.

And John the Baptist,he said to them: Mathew 3:7 But when John saw (many) of the Pharisees and Sadducees'
coming to his place of baptism, he said “You brood of vipers ( You Children of devils), who warned you to flee
from the coming wrath? 8Produce fruit worthy of repentance.( He says this not as if they could but as a state-
ment . He is mocking them, as if they could.) 9And do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as
our father.’ ( He says this because Esau does come from the blood line of Abraham like Jacob but has been cut
off because he mixed Abraham's blood line with Nephilim by marrying and producing offspring with women
who are of Nephilim .). For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.( Meaning-
God does not want them , He could if He wanted to, to replace them, make children for Himself of stones, but
would NEVER accept them.) 10The ax lies ready at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce
good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire. ( The tree's seeds and offspring of the Watchers..... their
Nephilim offspring are to be cut down and thrown into the fire).

Oh yes! Christ and John prevented the Nephilim from being baptized and ever receiving the kingdom of heaven
NOTE: That is why what Jorge Bergoglio -Francis said is not cool "Yes I would baptize aliens, those little
green guys children draw. I would not hinder anyone who would seek salvation" end quote .

Not every Pharisee and Sadducee' had Nephilim Blood Line but many did. The Pharisees who came to believe
in Christ like Joseph of Arimathaea

were NOT Nephilim. Hence, why Christ said to him: "you are not far from the kingdom of heaven" because of
his wise answer concerning the greatest commandment.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not talking about the false Jews, I am talking about Israel, there are just as many "false"Christians out there,

Mar_7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Again simply put, scriptures say they are NOT CHRISTIANS- the false ones, but rather are wolves in sheep's clothing. Seems clear then as you point out false Christians (Wolves in sheep's clothing) exist just as False Jews. So as I said NO Christian hates Israel. PERIOD!

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah...I'm not sure I see your point, sorry. The question of the OP, I thought, was why so many 'Christians' hated Israel. I took that to be National Israel. If we're talking about the Church, which scripture also calls true spiritual Israel, then the OP wouldn't make much sense, would it, because then they'd be hating themselves.
But, just for the sake of clarity, yes, I agree that scripture says that there is only one way to the Father, through Christ Jesus...that includes Jews. Therefore whenever any Jew comes to Christ, they become a member of his body, the Church. And in the Church, or, if you want, true spiritual Israel, there is no 'Jew or Greek'....we all just Christians now.
But that does still leave a question about 'National Israel', does it not? Do we say that God has totally abandoned them? There are many ideas on this, but I believe both scripture and history would suggest otherwise. But, that's just my opinion.

Yea! if anyone hates Israel, then they are not of the Shepard's Flock. Why Do People Hate, Cuz They Have The Spirit Of Essau, Acts Without Reason!

Reactions: Stan B

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, they do not currently praise and glory God, but he loves them on account of their forefathers, and one day (soon, I hope) will open their eyes to the truth of their Messiah.

Amen. I really like your avatar btw

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple question, let the flames ignite.

Good question, I never understood anti-Semitism. The Jewish people I have known throughout my life have been wonderful people. I mean, c'mon, Jesus Himself was Jewish!
Maybe it is because they know how to make money? Jealousy on the part of the non-Jew? I have no idea!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yea! if anyone hates Israel, then they are not of the Shepard's Flock. Why Do People Hate, Cuz They Have The Spirit Of Essau, Acts Without Reason!
Poor old Esau. I sort of feel he gets a bad rap. Sure, his offspring have caused no end of trouble, and he was a total tool in giving up his birthright for a bowl of soup, but in the end he greeted his brother with warmth.
But yes, I do agree with you, I'm not entirely sure how anyone justifies hating Israel, either for religious or political reasons.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do so many christians Hate Israel?
Bar Kochba 135 A.D.
NOOOO..... That has nothing to do with Christians and Christians , again , do not hate Israel. We love Israel for it is through the influence of that Apple Tree that we have been awakened to the One True God and faith. It was there our mother travailed and birthed us by birthing Christ . Hence Christianity was born and all the children destined to be God's ,even among gentile were and are born . ISRAEL!- GOD WILL PREVAIL! I am truly grateful to God for His Elect Jews. Truly , truly grateful.

Reactions: mjrhealth

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great Article by One For Israel:
God Always Left a Remnant of Jewish Believers
Over 3000 Jews believed the the message that first disciples eagerly proclaimed in the temple courts at Pentecost, and later we read that the number of followers had reached 5000 (Acts 4:4) including priests and Pharisees (6:7 and 15:5). Acts 21:20 records:

“They said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands [Greek: muriades – myriads] of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law!””

But did it end there?

How many Jewish people have really believed in Jesus throughout the rest of history?
There were between 60,000-80,000 Jewish people resident in Jerusalem in the first century, and approximately 6 million globally[1], so even though many thousands believed, the number was still only a small remnant among world Jewry at the time.

However, the number was significant enough to be noted in Jewish history. Josephus tells us that the unfair trial and execution of Yakov, brother of Yeshua, who was martyred for his faith in Yeshua in 62 CE, was an unpopular decision among the people (Ant 20:9).

Most people know of the famous Yeshiva star called Saul (Paul) who left the feet of Gamaliel to dedicate his life to teaching others about the coming of the Messiah, but did you know that the famous Rabbi Hillel II also came to faith in Yeshua towards the end of his life?

Hillel II’s deathbed confession of Yeshua as Messiah was witnessed by one of his rabbinical students called Joseph of Tiberius, who became a believer through his teacher’s testimony.[2]

There were Jewish believers leading the church – for example, in the time of Claudius Caesar, a Jewish man called Euodius was appointed as bishop of Antioch by Apostle Peter (another Jewish disciple) until his martyrdom in 68 CE. Evaristus was another Jewish martyr and bishop of Rome circa 100 CE (Liber Pontificalis).

Hegesippus was a Jewish Nazarene believer in the second century, and an early church historian. Although other early church leaders like Ignatius wrote against maintaining Jewish practice, Ignatius’ letters to the Philadelphian and Magnesian congregations shows that there were many Jewish people among them, some of whom had abandoned Jewish practices and others who had not.

Similarly, John Chrysostom’s anti-semitic writings indicate that there were Jewish believers in Yeshua still maintaining Jewish identity and the traditions of their ancestors well into the fourth century CE, much to his frustration. Epiphanius (303-403 CE), was the bishop of Constantia in Cyprus in his time, and though he was Jewish, he trained in monastic circles. By this time, the pressure on Jewish people who believed in Yeshua to identify only as “Christians” and to renounce their Jewish identity was extreme.

The scant evidence of Jewish believers after the fourth century is due to the fact that the Jewish Messianic believers hid their Jewish identity, rather than ceased to exist.

However, from the Middle Ages onwards, we see more and more evidence of Jewish people following Yeshua as their Messiah, especially in the last three centuries.

Continued.....

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be impossible to catalogue them all here, but here are some of the most noteworthy Jewish believers from the eleventh century until today:
Moses Sephardi / Petrus Alfonsi (1062-1110) was a famous Jewish physician, writer, astronomer, and polemicist from Spain, who publicly declared his faith in Yeshua on St Peter’s day, 29th June 1103. He was later sent to England to serve as court physician of Henry I.

Gregory Abu’l Faraj (1226-1286), born in Melitena, was the son of the Aaron the Jewish physician. Master of Greek, Syriac and Arabic, student of philosophy, theology and medicine, he became an ordained Bishop of Gubos at 20, then again Maphrian of the Eastern Church at 40. At his death, none were found in the Jacobite church to equal his spiritual stature. He was appropriately named Abu’l Faraj, meaning “father of comfort.”

Rabbi Solomon Halevi (1351-1445) was a respected physician. He examined the Messianic prophecies he was baptized at the age of 31, taking the name Pablo de santa Maria. After studying theology, he later became Archbishop of Burgos. Sadly, Halevi had become complicit in harsh treatment of his own people and was influenced by the anti-semitism in the church at the time. Other Jewish believers accused of anti-Judaism were Nicholas Donin in France, Pablo Christiani, and Hieronymus de Sancta Fide (Joshua Lorki) in Spain, and Petrus Nigri (Schwartz) in Germany, but misrepresentation of the entire context of Judeo-Christian polemics in the 14th century has contributed to the inaccurate stigmatization of all Messianic Jews as apostates.

Alfonso de Zamora was a Spanish rabbi who chose to follow Yeshua in 1506. Working with Paul Nunez Coronel and Alfonso d’Alcala, two other Jewish believers, he became the key Hebraist among the polyglot translators of the Bible during the Renaissance. Johann Harzuge was the first to print a New Testament in the Hebrew language in Cracow, Poland, in 1540. In the next several years Paul Halicz, Paul Emulio, and Michael Adam also produce Hebrew and Yiddish translations of the New Testament.

Johannes & Stephan Isaac, a father and son from Germany, decide to follow Yeshua in 1546. Johannes became a professor of Hebrew at the University of Cologne and Stephan a priest.

Rodrigo Lopez was a refugee from the Inquisition in Portugal to England in 1559, but became a believer and rose to become physician to Queen Elizabeth in 1586.

Judah Jonah of Safed, later known as Giovanni Battista Jona (1588-1678) became assistant rabbi in Hamburg, but was later baptized in Poland in 1625. He went to Italy where he became professor of the University of Pisa, and later one of the Vatican Librarians.

Malachi ben Samuel, a Polish rabbi, comes to faith in Messiah around 1621, several years after being impressed by a Yiddish translation of the New Testament.

Theodore John of Prague was a student and then teacher of Talmud and Rabbinic writings in Treves, Germany, but in 1692 declared his faith in Yeshua as Messiah, declaring “I found the said Christian faith to be in all its articles firmly grounded upon the Word of God, and agreeing with the faith of the former true Israel, in the time of the Patriarchs, as well as that of Moses and all the Prophets; which I praise God for, and heartily rejoice in.”[3]

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rabbi Judah Monis was the first Jewish person to receive a college degree in America (M.A., Harvard, 1720). He publicly embraced faith in Yeshua in 1722 and joined the faculty at Harvard as a Hebrew teacher. His gravestone reads, “A native branch of Jacob see. Which once from off its olive brook, Regrafted, from the living tree”.[4]

Michael Solomon Alexander (1799-1845) Having grown up in Prussia in a strictly Orthodox Jewish home, he quickly became a teacher of Talmud. Aged 21 he traveled to England as a rabbi, but was given a New Testament. After studying it in secret, he eventually came to believe in Yeshua, and was dismissed from his rabbinic duties. He was the first Anglican bishop in the Middle East.

Benjamin Disraeli, Prime Minister of England (1804-1881) was a Jewish man who was convinced that, “Jesus came to complete the ‘law and the prophets.’” Throughout his career in Parliament he very publicly attacks those with anti-Semitic views, often with biting wit, and shows himself to be a proud Zionist. In a statement to Queen Victoria, he said: “Your Majesty, I am the blank page between the Old Testament and the New”.

Isaac Lichtenstein (1824-1908) was the Chief Rabbi of Hungary who was surprised by what he found in the New Testament when he read it, and came to faith in Jesus. In a letter to his son, he wrote, “From every line in the New Testament, from every word, the Jewish spirit streamed forth light, life, power, endurance, faith, hope, love, charity, limitless and indestructible faith in God.”

Joseph Rabinowitz (1837-1899) This Talmudic scholar and Lawyer came to faith in Yeshua in 1885, and, through writings and lectures, begins influencing Russian Jews to become “Sons of the New Covenant”. He formed one of the early Messianic Congregations.

Hans Herzl, son of Theodore Herzl. After growing up at an Orthodox Jewish boarding school, he came to believe in Yeshua in 1924. The Baltimore Jewish Times reported that, “he believed that if the idea of Jewish nationalism is thought to its final conclusion one can be a Christian Jew”, but that due to his beliefs he was written out of Jewry.

Haham Ephraim ben Joseph Eliakim was a Rabbi in Tiberias who came to believe that Yeshua was the Messiah after studying the biblical prophecies. He was buried in Jerusalem in 1930 alongside a Christian Arab, with one reporter noting that, “Jew and Arab were laid one beside the other, and Jews and Arabs were standing with bowed heads by the two open graves, touched and softened the one toward the others.”

Mortimer Adler (1902-2001) was a Professor of Philosophy at the University of Chicago. Author of numerous books on philosophical topics, Adler becomes a Jewish believer at age 84. “We have a logical, consistent faith,” he says. “In fact, I believe [faith in Messiah] is the only logical, consistent faith in the world.”

Hugh Montefiore (1920-2005) The great-great nephew of Moses Montefiore, Hugh was raised in a traditional Jewish home, but came to believe in Yeshua as a teenager. He then served in World War II as a captain in the Royal Artillery, and later graduated from Oxford University. He went on to became Dean and lecturer at Cambridge University, then served as a vicar and later bishop in the Church of England.

Richard Wurmbrand (1909-2001) was born into a Jewish home, and though he started life as an atheist and intellectual, he later became convinced of the truth of the New Testament. He became a pastor of Jewish believers in Romania, many of whom perished in the Holocaust. He was imprisoned and tortured for his faith under the Communists for 15 years before his eventual release. He was voted one of the five greatest Romanians of all time[5].

Bob Dylan was born in 1941, originally named Robert Allen Zimmerman (Hebrew name Shabtai Zisl ben Avraham), and came to believe in Jesus in the 1970s. In 2011 he played in Tel Aviv and opened his set with the song, “Gonna Change My Way of Thinking” from his first openly Messianic album, with the lyrics, “Jesus is coming. He’s coming on back to gather his jewels”.

Joseph Baruch Shulam (1946-) is from a Bulgarian Jewish family who settled in Jerusalem in 1948, but 14 years later, he came to faith in Yeshua the Messiah. He studied Bible, Archeology and Jewish Thought at Hebrew University, and then Rabbinics and Jewish Thought at the Diaspora Yeshiva. He established Netivyah, an Israeli-government recognized organization, providing a bridge between Jews and Christians and Judaism and Christianity, and nurturing the Messianic Jewish community in Israel.