Why do they hate being called Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ummmm, I included YOUR little cult . . .
Still insisting that Jesus is a cult, maybe you need to discuss that with Him...

Have you not read,

I am the way the truth and the Life says the Lord, no man shall go to heaven but by me,

Not by your church or any other church or religion.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Still insisting that Jesus is a cult, maybe you need to discuss that with Him...

Have you not read,

I am the way the truth and the Life says the Lord, no man shall go to heaven but by me,

Not by your church or any other church or religion.
Oh - Jesus isn't a cult.
YOU and your little "Generals" over at "aggressivechristianity.net" are the cult. There's some pretty WACKY stuff going on over there.

It didn't pop up until the early 1980's. The Catholic Church, on the other hand goes ALL the way back to Jesus.
The cool thing is that I can prove BOTH . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
YOU and your little "Generals" over at "aggressivechristianity.net" are the cult. There's some pretty WACKY stuff going on over there.
You cant help yourself can you, when ever teh truth come out you just try demean teh person who gave it to you, you are the son of your religion, and it seems you cant stand anyone who follow only Jesus alone.
1 Corinthians 6:16
16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

But all is ok had worse from teh devil himself.

It didn't pop up until the early 1980's. The Catholic Church, on the other hand goes ALL the way back to Jesus.
The cool thing is that I can prove BOTH . . .
Cant, havnt and you would have a real disagreement with Jesus if you took it up with Him, Especially considering teh fruit of your church which you choose to ignore.

But you have to face Him sometime as we all do.

Now are we ever going to get back to teh things of God or is your church more important than Him, but than you have already replaced Jesus ??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
You cant help yourself can you, when ever teh truth come out you just try demean teh person who gave it to you, you are the son of your religion, and it seems you cant stand anyone who follow only Jesus alone.
1 Corinthians 6:16
16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

But all is ok had worse from teh devil himself.

Cant, havnt and you would have a real disagreement with Jesus if you took it up with Him, Especially considering teh fruit of your church which you choose to ignore.

But you have to face Him sometime as we all do.

Now are we ever going to get back to teh things of God or is your church more important than Him, but than you have already replaced Jesus ??
Incredible that you have been shown the Scriptural definition of what Christ's Church is and you STILL try to pit Christ against His Church.
It's not Christ "AND" Hist Church - they are INSEPARABLE, Allow me to educate you ONE more time . . .

[SIZE=12pt]- Jesus established ONE Church (Matt. 16:16-19). He prayed fervently that this Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23).
There is NO other.
[/SIZE]

- [SIZE=12pt]Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).[/SIZE]

- [SIZE=12pt]Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).[/SIZE]

- [SIZE=12pt]The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).[/SIZE]

- [SIZE=12pt]The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).[/SIZE]

- [SIZE=12pt]The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).[/SIZE]

- [SIZE=12pt]Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).[/SIZE]

- [SIZE=12pt]Jesus gave the Church supreme Authority on earth and whatever it ordains on earth is also ordained in heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23).[/SIZE]

I suggest 2 things:
A. Leave your cult and join Christ's Church.
B. Take a spelling class . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[SIZE=12pt] Jesus established ONE Church (Matt. 16:16-19). He prayed fervently that this Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23).
There is NO other.
[/SIZE]
YEs all that just not yours, or any of mens denomination,

what has Jesus to do with murders and child molesters??

this bit

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

and this bit

1Co_6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Act_13:4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

than there is this bit

Act_7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

your getting angry again you might need that coffee

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:

this bit

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

and this bit

1Co_6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Act_13:4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

than there is this bit

Act_7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

your getting angry again you might need that coffee
The Church is a murderer and a child molester??
OR - or are there INDIVIDUALS who are guilty of this?

That's the problem with cult members like you - you believe that all of YOUR sins are pleasing to God while everybody else's are abominable.
ALL sin is abominable to God - mine, YOURS - and even your little "Generals" over at "aggressivechristianity.net" . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Church is a murderer and a child molester??
OR - or are there INDIVIDUALS who are guilty of this?
That's the problem with cult members like you - you believe that all of YOUR sins are pleasing to God while everybody else's are abominable.
ALL sin is abominable to God - mine, YOURS - and even your little "Generals" over at "aggressivechristianity.net" . . .
Yes but you are the agressive one read your pots all of them

Oh, my sins pleasing dont be so foolish, have you not being forgiven??? God is not blind.

What does it say about Jesus church

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Yours is stained with teh blood of teh innocent as are all mens churches. Now go take up your arguement over whos chuch is teh Lords church with the JW's they will give you a run for your money, would be an interesting topic to follow.

PS if you dont like my typing than that sir is your problem.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Yes but you are the agressive one read your pots all of them

What does it say about Jesus church

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Yours is stained with teh blood of teh innocent as are all mens churches. Now go take up your arguement over whos chuch is teh Lords church with the JW's they will give you a run for your money, would be an interesting topic to follow.

PS if you dont like my typing than that sir is your problem.
Soooo, YOU don't sin?? Is that what you're trying to claim - because the Bible would say you're a liar.
No - as long as there are human beings, there is sin - mine, YOURS and even your cult leaders over at "aggressivechristianity.com" . . .

Oh - and I don't mind your butchery of the English language. It speaks VOLUMES about your intellect . . .

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
mjrhealth said:

Nothing. Christ and his Church have always condemned these acts as gravely sinful. You have no evidence of the Church formally "murdering" anyone. I've posted extensively on sex abuse scandals, You either can't read or have no memory. It's a nowhere discussion anyway. What does Jesus have to do with your baseless persecution?

Bring surprised to find sinners in the Church is like being surprised to find sick people in a hospital. What you are trying to do is discredit the Church's doctrinal purity by pointing your finger at sinful members. It doesn't work.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Soooo, YOU don't sin?? Is that what you're trying to claim - because the Bible would say you're a liar.
Never said that you really are a desperate man are you not, clutching at straws, sorry they done away with burning at the stake centuries ago.

Oh - and I don't mind your butchery of the English language. It speaks VOLUMES about your intellect . . .
Yes cant help yourself a son of your church

1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

Just as you church killed all that opposed it, you try to destroy all that oppose you, trying desparately to bring them down, tahts teh devils job, not yours.

Do you not understand, that one comes to Christ one comes under His covering when one joins a demoninjation they are no longer under his covering but une the covering of that denomitaion, why do you think it says

Isa_30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

and than now you must come under the doctrines of your religiion this bit

Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

no longer subject to teh authority of Jesus, no longer under teh covering of God, but subject to your church, its doctrines its laws it rules and it rulers

thts why Jesus said

Mar 10:42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
Mar 10:43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:

but it is what you have done

this bit

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

its your choosing

Have a nice day , please.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nothing. Christ and his Church have always condemned these acts as gravely sinful. You have no evidence of the Church formally "murdering" anyone. I've posted extensively on sex abuse scandals, You either can't read or have no memory. It's a nowhere discussion anyway. What does Jesus have to do with your baseless persecution?
YEs christian brothers here have paid out $40 million to a fable, ye right and your church i think its $12 million and growing

AN what was it your pope apollogied for if teh church had done no wrong, get out and read teh papers burying your head in teh sand wont save you.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This has already been discussed. Either you can't read and/or you have no memory.

AN what was it your pope apollogied for if teh church had done no wrong, get out and read teh papers burying your head in teh sand wont save you.
You condemn the Church for making settlements.
You would condemn the Church for not making settlements.
You condemn the pope for apologies.
You would condemn the pope for not making apologies.
Who is the accuser in the Bible?

No one has denied the facts, that's your religion of hate making it up.
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/23538-why-do-they-hate-being-called-christians/ see post #22 that your blind prejudice keeps you from comprehending. You keep repeating yourself on this issue because you think you have a nice bat to beat Catholics with.
Persecuting Catholics in the name of Jesus with bigoted one sided quips??? You have no idea how stupid that is.

There is nothing Christian about your lowest level of anti-Catholic bigotry. Do you feel the same way towards Jews and blacks?

kkk.jpg

The Ku Klux Klan and American Anti-Catholicism

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You condemn the Church for making settlements.
You would condemn the Church for not making settlements.
You condemn the pope for apologies.
You would condemn the pope for not making apologies.
Who is the accuser in the Bible?

No one has denied the facts, that's your religion of hate making it up.
http://www.christian...led-christians/ see post #22 that your blind prejudice keeps you from comprehending. You keep repeating yourself on this issue because you think you have a nice bat to beat Catholics with.
Persecuting Catholics in the name of Jesus with bigoted one sided quips??? You have no idea how stupid that is.

There is nothing Christian about your lowest level of anti-Catholic bigotry. Do you feel the same way towards Jews and blacks?
you have a choice to serve Jesus or to serve your church that is persecuting Him. Its your choice. Condeming , if thats how you feel than that too is your choice. Jesus said teh truth will set your free, so when you find it you will no longer feel condemned.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Never said that you really are a desperate man are you not, clutching at straws, sorry they done away with burning at the stake centuries ago.

Yes cant help yourself a son of your church

1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

Just as you church killed all that opposed it, you try to destroy all that oppose you, trying desparately to bring them down, tahts teh devils job, not yours.

Do you not understand, that one comes to Christ one comes under His covering when one joins a demoninjation they are no longer under his covering but une the covering of that denomitaion, why do you think it says

Isa_30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

and than now you must come under the doctrines of your religiion this bit

Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

no longer subject to teh authority of Jesus, no longer under teh covering of God, but subject to your church, its doctrines its laws it rules and it rulers

thts why Jesus said

Mar 10:42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
Mar 10:43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:

but it is what you have done

this bit

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

its your choosing

Have a nice day , please.
And since you have a penchant for ignoring the bulk of my posts - I will ask you again:
Are you saying that YOU don't sin?? Is that what you're trying to claim - because the Bible would say you're a liar (1 John 1:8).

Are you saying there the Church does NOT have sinful people in it??
If that's what you're saying - the Bible proves you wrong (Matt. 7:15-23).

There - now that we have established that people in the Church DO sin - we understand why people in the Church made the mistakes that they did in the past.
It doesn't mean that the CHURCH is wrong - but that the individuals who sinned are wrong.

Here's a simple example:
In 1968, there was the massacre of a tiny village in Vietnam called My Lai, wherein about 400 unarmed people were murdered by by an Army Company. Some of the men did not engage in the massacre and a few even tried to stop it. Are ALL the men murderers?? Is the entire Army "evil" because of what some of them did??

Are YOU guilty of whatever sins your church leaders have engaged in??
Is your entire denomination guilty??

Think about it before making any more of these ignorant accusations . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are YOU guilty of whatever sins your church leaders have engaged in??
Is your entire denomination guilty??
We are repeating ourselves and YEs that what Jesus said,

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

You take a white garment and put it in a vat of red paint. what colour does it become,?? Just as you take a man and put him into any denomination what does He become?? We sit under Christ so we will be Christians, you sit under the Pope and your catholic doctrines ahnd have become cathoilics, thsi bit

Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

just as teh JWs have thyere doctrines and the SDA theres and so on and so forth.

Have a lovely day

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
We are repeating ourselves and YEs that what Jesus said,

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

You take a white garment and put it in a vat of red paint. what colour does it become,?? Just as you take a man and put him into any denomination what does He become?? We sit under Christ so we will be Christians, you sit under the Pope and your catholic doctrines ahnd have become cathoilics, thsi bit

Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

just as teh JWs have thyere doctrines and the SDA theres and so on and so forth.

Have a lovely day
Your ignorance of Scripture is astounding.

You actually believe that if a person sins - we are ALL guilty of their sin??
Where in the WORLD did you learn this lie?? From the "Generals" over at your little cult, "aggressivechristianity.net"??

Every individual is responsible for his OWN sins.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You actually believe that if a person sins - we are ALL guilty of their sin??
Remeber Paul, who was gathering in all the christians who the religious than proceeded to Kill

Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

When your church condones murder than all who sit idlly by in her are just as guilty.

What ever you are joined too that is what you become a part of.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Remeber Paul, who was gathering in all the christians who the religious than proceeded to Kill

Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

When your church condones murder than all who sit idlly by in her are just as guilty.

What ever you are joined too that is what you become a part of.
And you're part of the cult of aggressivechristianity,com.
Where does that leave YOU??

As for the verses you just quoted (Acts 9:4-5) - Jesus equates his very self with his Church.
He doesn't say ONE word about a cult created in 1980 or the "Generals" that run it . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As for the verses you just quoted (Acts 9:4-5) - Jesus equates his very self with his Church.
Amen His church just not your church or any of mens churches, was it not teh devil who said to Jesus in te hdesret 'It is written", and here you do teh same taking a verse completey out of context, I assume you would rather it said that Jesus equates Himself with the Catholic " church but ut does not.

And you're part of the cult of aggressivechristianity,com.
Waht you think a few harsh words would upset me, I stood in front of teh spirit of death , sent to take my life, why on earth would i fear any people who have run out of ways to silence us.

He doesn't say ONE word about a cult created in 1980 or the "Generals" that run it . . .
YEs you just take great note of that, and go research the history of your religion and where she came from. Just remembr the protestants are your brothers and sisters all have te hsame genes.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Amen His church just not your church or any of mens churches, was it not teh devil who said to Jesus in te hdesret 'It is written", and here you do teh same taking a verse completey out of context, I assume you would rather it said that Jesus equates Himself with the Catholic " church but ut does not.

Waht you think a few harsh words would upset me, I stood in front of teh spirit of death , sent to take my life, why on earth would i fear any people who have run out of ways to silence us.

YEs you just take great note of that, and go research the history of your religion and where she came from. Just remembr the protestants are your brothers and sisters all have te hsame genes.
WRONG.
I've already illustrated with documented evidence that the Catholic Church goes all the way back to the Apostles.
YOU, on the other hand have YET to show me that "aggressiveschristianity.com" goes back any further than 1980.

Jesus equated himself with His Church (Acts 9:4-5) - not the little "Generals" of your online cult . . .

As for Protestant Christians, you're right. they ARE my brothers and sisters in Christ.
Sadly, though, they have chosen to be separated brethren.