Why do they hate being called Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

I am intirgued, how that we "have" to state faith, how many "christians" will put something other than christian, like a religion for as it says,

Luk_16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Hmmmm
The verses you posted are a perfect example of why Protestantism is wrong.
FACTIONS . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The verses you posted are a perfect example of why Protestantism is wrong.
FACTIONS . . .
And yet here you are dividing teh Christian community, how dare you follow Jesus, is your war cry, you want Him you must come to us, completely in opposition to what Christ says.

Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

So we follow Him, why dont you??

PS not protestant here, just a christian. You seem to be doing teh most protesting..

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet here you are dividing teh Christian community, how dare you follow Jesus, is your war cry, you want Him you must come to us, completely in opposition to what Christ says.

Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

So we follow Him, why dont you??

PS not protestant here, just a christian. You seem to be doing teh most protesting..
First of all - if you are a Christian and reject the Catholic Church - you are a Protestant, by definition.
With that definition and your adherence to some of the wacky things you believe - I'm not even sure you're a Christian, but I'll take your word for it.

Secondly - I didn't set up the rules - Jesus did:
Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23, Acts 9:4-5, 1 Cor. 12, 1 Tim. 3:15, Col. 1:18, Heb. 1:22-23).

If you have a problem with it - then take it up with HIM . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
if you are a Christian and reject the Catholic Church - you are a Protestant, by definition
Than one could say, if you are a catholic and enjoy teh catholic doctriness than you are a catholic by defintion, whats that got to do with christianity who follow teh doctrines of Jesus and God?? Besides as I said you do more protesting than anyone does that not make you a protestant?? by defintion
Secondly - I didn't set up the rules - Jesus did:
Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23, Acts 9:4-5, 1 Cor. 12, 1 Tim. 3:15, Col. 1:18, Heb. 1:22-23).

So why dont you follow them???

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Than one could say, if you are a catholic and enjoy teh catholic doctriness than you are a catholic by defintion, whats that got to do with christianity who follow teh doctrines of Jesus and God?? Besides as I said you do more protesting than anyone does that not make you a protestant?? by defintion

Actually - no.

To be a Catholic - you must do more than just "enjoy" Catholic doctrine. You must be baptized and profess communion with the Church - if you are old enough.

On another note - do yourself a favor and learn how to spell . . .
So why dont you follow them???
I absolutely DO.
Did you bother to actually READ any of the verses I presented??

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To be a Catholic - you must do more than just "enjoy" Catholic doctrine. You must be baptized and profess communion with the Church - if you are old enough.

And

Act_19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

And that is how we become Christians.

I absolutely DO.
Did you bother to actually READ any of the verses I presented??

Actually you follow your churches doctrines. Please dont get on about catholism, I was a catholic and do know all about it than I became a Christian now I choose like millions, Christ alone, since He is teh one that saves, not mens religions that has never saved anyone, killed a lot of people yes, saved no.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And
Act_19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

And that is how we become Christians.
Exactly.
Couldn't agree with you more. You must be baptized to be a Christian (Mark 16:16).
Actually you follow your churches doctrines. Please dont get on about catholism, I was a catholic and do know all about it than I became a Christian now I choose like millions, Christ alone, since He is teh one that saves, not mens religions that has never saved anyone, killed a lot of people yes, saved no.
That's a laugh.
You are completely ignorant about what the Catholic Church teaches. I've debated a LOT of former Catholics and YOU are by far one of the most ignorant.

It's no wonder why you left . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's a laugh.
You are completely ignorant about what the Catholic Church teaches. I've debated a LOT of former Catholics and YOU are by far one of the most ignorant.
And its amazing how many study the bible yet are ignorant of scriptuer and teh truth.

It's no wonder why you left . .
Are you so suprised considering what she is.. I saw the light and walked out of the darkness.

Again you missed the point

Act_11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

But than you are baptised into your religion we are baptized into Christ

Glad im not doing this for you, Jesus always had issues with the religious, even so till this day. It wont ever change.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And its amazing how many study the bible yet are ignorant of scriptuer and teh truth.
Forget the fact that I DO know more about Scripture than you. That's not the point.
YOU are the one who made the claim that you "do know all about" Catholic teaching.
Are you so suprised considering what she is.. I saw the light and walked out of the darkness.
I'm not surprised that you left the body of Christ.
Most ignorant people DO . . .
Again you missed the point
Act_11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

But than you are baptised into your religion we are baptized into Christ
Glad im not doing this for you, Jesus always had issues with the religious, even so till this day. It wont ever change.
No - YOU just reject him by rejecting His Church, which is his Body (Col. 1:18).
It is the FULLNESS of Him (Eph. 1:22-23).

Like I said before - YOU are by far one of the most ignorant ex-Catholics I've ever conversed with . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not surprised that you left the body of Christ.
Most ignorant people DO .
No just teh catholic church to follow after Christ like He said, why do you have such a problem with That????

No - YOU just reject him by rejecting His Church, which is his Body (Col. 1:18).
It is the FULLNESS of Him (Eph. 1:22-23).

No just your church mens churches and mens religions. See there is His "chrrch:, than ,ens, ie, protestant, SDA JWS, catholic etc etc. The yare not teh body, it is teh people who follow after Him that are teh body. And you say you understand.

Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

This wil never go anywhere simply because your religion is more important than teh truth you have proven that beyond doubt, which is why no one else responds.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Like I said before - YOU are by far one of the most ignorant ex-Catholics I've ever conversed with . .
And for one who claims to know it all, ??? You really should read history although you will never believe it. Just like the scientist who has a theory but refuses to accept its wrong even when teh evidence screams at Him telling him so, thats why science is just another religion. And teh devil laughs at mankind, he must think we are the biggest joke ever.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And for one who claims to know it all, ??? You really should read history although you will never believe it. Just like the scientist who has a theory but refuses to accept its wrong even when teh evidence screams at Him telling him so, thats why science is just another religion. And teh devil laughs at mankind, he must think we are the biggest joke ever.
hey mjr, bet i get banned before you do! Bread of Life is immune, of course, being Catholic...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No just teh catholic church to follow after Christ like He said, why do you have such a problem with That????
Because you cannot follow Christ and reject His Church at the same time.
You should know this . . .
No just your church mens churches and mens religions. See there is His "chrrch:, than ,ens, ie, protestant, SDA JWS, catholic etc etc. The yare not teh body, it is teh people who follow after Him that are teh body. And you say you understand.
Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

This wil never go anywhere simply because your religion is more important than teh truth you have proven that beyond doubt, which is why no one else responds.
Like I said before my historically ans Scripturally ignorant friend - you can whine all you want about the Catholic Church but the simple fact is this:
NO
other church today can show an unbroken line of Apostolic Succession but the Catholic Church.
We are the only Church that can document this from the very beginning.

Your aggressivechristianity.net cult only goes back to 1980 . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good idea - read HISTORY.
The Catholic Church is the ONLY entity that can show an unbroken like of Apostolic Succession.

YOUR cult can't.
The Baptists cant.
The Lutherans can't.
The Methodists can't.
The Pentecostals can't.
The Reformed Evangelicals can't.
The Jehovah's Witnesses can't.
The Mormons can't.

Nobody but the Catholic Church can - period.
Study your history . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
poor guy. So could you do us a favor and point to the kingdom a little more specifically? I mean is it that specific tax-free State called Vatican over there that has a deal with Italy, or what? And do you think they became the Church only after the Inquisition failed, and they were forced to stop selling salvation for money, or were they beforehand?

You are comfortable with the implications of "Holy Roman Empire," obviously; how do you differentiate that from "the world?" I mean, you gotta be kidding, right.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
James 4:4
You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be the friend of the world makes himself the enemy of God.