Why do they hate being called Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
This is a Protestant perversion of Scripture that not all Protestants believe, by the way.

1 Cor 15:12:18 is speaking of the resurrection. You can't fool God BOL.

Matt 15:8 "'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

Nowhere do we read in Scripture that all of our future sins are automatically forgiven without repentance. Not past, not present and not future.

Of course you don't see it, because you're reading the Gospel from a legalist viewpoint.

Not ONE sin is forgiven without having repented for it.

Legalism, works salvation, you must repent because Jesus didn't do enough, blah blah blah....

If you deny the Eucharist – you are spiritually dead.

No, if you deny the son of God himself you are spiritually dead. Wake up!

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

And YOU still don’t get it because you don’t understand what it means to “believe”.

I believe in the finished work of the cross, you don't.

Believing in Christ is not a simple intellectual assent. It means submission and obedience.

Yes it is. Believing actually comes from your mind and heart. What are you gonna decide with three months left? Are you gonna choose Christ that sets you free or religion that enslaves you.

Rom 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

2 Cor 6:2 For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

Matt. 16:24 "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

Well, first you have to believe what the cross represents to actually follow it, but you don't believe Christ paid the sin penalty, correct? So what exactly are you following?

And I never said it did - so try being honest, for a change.
Disobedience doesn't save you, either . . .

Honesty is admitting your a sinner and accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ himself, not your pope or catholic idols or a church building you worship on sundays. Jesus Christ is the only door to eternal life. The ark is closing, what are you gonna choose??

John 3:3-7 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” 4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!” 5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor 15:12:18 is speaking of the resurrection. You can't fool God BOL.
Yes, but YOU said that our future sins were forgiven without repentance.

That is heresy.

Of course you don't see it, because you're reading the Gospel from a legalist viewpoint.
Then SHOW me where it says our future sins are forgiven without repentance, Einstein..
Chapter and Verse, please.

Legalism, works salvation, you must repent because Jesus didn't do enough, blah blah blah....
WRONG.
ALL sin must be repented of or it is not forgiven.

No, if you deny the son of God himself you are spiritually dead. Wake up!
John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
And it is impossible to believe in Him when you are disobedient.
Jesus said that unless you eat His FLESH and drink His BLOOD - you are spiritually dead (John 6:53).

I believe in the finished work of the cross, you don't.
What's "finished"??
The Bible - the Word of GOD says that Jesus constantly intercedes for us for us (Heb. 7:25).

Yes it is. Believing actually comes from your mind and heart. What are you gonna decide with three months left? Are you gonna choose Christ that sets you free or religion that enslaves you.

Rom 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

2 Cor 6:2 For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

And James 2:19 tells us emphatically that even the DEMONS believe i Him and are NOT saved.
James admonishes us to remember that you cannot have true faith without works and obedience.

AGAIN - context is NOT your friend . . .

Well, first you have to believe what the cross represents to actually follow it, but you don't believe Christ paid the sin penalty, correct? So what exactly are you following?

For YOU - the cross was an event on a single day in history - and that is pathetic.
The Bible tells us that Christ's sacrifice is an ETERNAL one (Rev. 13:8).

Honesty is admitting your a sinner and accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ himself, not your pope or catholic idols or a church building you worship on sundays. Jesus Christ is the only door to eternal life. The ark is closing, what are you gonna choose??

John 3:3-7 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” 4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!” 5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

And ALL these verses are true - when you understand them in the CONTEXT of the Gospel message. YOU don't.
Cherry-picked - they mean nothing because you strip them of their proper context.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Yes, but YOU said that our future sins were forgiven without repentance. That is heresy.

Daily repentance vs. actually accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior are not the same.

WRONG. ALL sin must be repented of or it is not forgiven.

WRONG, lol. It is finished at the cross. That's why it's so hard to believe. You can't imagine a God that would die for the sins of the whole world. It's insane. :)

And it is impossible to believe in Him when you are disobedient.

:rolleyes:

What's "finished"??
The Bible - the Word of GOD says that Jesus constantly intercedes for us for us (Heb. 7:25).

Jesus dying for the sins of the world, is what is finished. The religious keep wanting to put Him back up on the cross. Forgive them Lord.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i don't think that is what is meant by "putting Him back up on the cross" Heb
WRONG, lol. It is finished at the cross. That's why it's so hard to believe. You can't imagine a God that would die for the sins of the whole world.
sorry Heb, completely disregarding Works is not representative of a holistic view of Scripture

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daily repentance vs. actually accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior are not the same.
And now you're back-peddling.

FIRST, you said that all of our future sins are automatically forgiven because of what Jesus did on the cross - without having to repent.
NOW, you're admitting that we need to repent before we are forgiven.

Thank you for conceding the point I made.
WRONG, lol. It is finished at the cross. That's why it's so hard to believe. You can't imagine a God that would die for the sins of the whole world. It's insane.
No - His dying is what is finished.
His intercession and mediation between us and the Father continues (1 Tim. 2:5, Heb. 7:25), Einstein
Jesus dying for the sins of the world, is what is finished. The religious keep wanting to put Him back up on the cross. Forgive them Lord.
This is an incredibly ignorant statement. Nobody puts Him "back" on the cross.
We simply recognize what the Bible says: His Sacrifice is an ETERNAL sacrifice (Rev 13:8).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry bbyrd, but thinking you can get to heaven by your works is false. three months left.
You cannot have TRUE faith without works.
The Bible is clear on this point:

James 2:18-26
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith BY MY DEEDS. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he DID when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he DID. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. You see that a person is considered righteous by what they DO and NOT by faith alone.

In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? As the body without the spirit is dead, SO FAITH WITHOUT DEEDS IS DEAD.

Don't just quote Scripture.
Learn what it MEANS . . .

Nov 2, 2016
USA
FIRST, you said that all of our future sins are automatically forgiven because of what Jesus did on the cross - without having to repent.
NOW, you're admitting that we need to repent before we are forgiven.

Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30 :rolleyes:

No - His dying is what is finished.

What did He die for? The sins of the world! ;)

1 pet 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.

We simply recognize what the Bible says: His Sacrifice is an ETERNAL sacrifice (Rev 13:8).

That's right. So, what are you bickering about? lol :confused:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Demons don't believe Jesus is their Savior. I DO.
They know that He is THE Savior and always have.
That's why they shudder.

James is making the point that if you think all you have to do is "believe" - then you're no better than those demons . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30
Neither of these verses makes the false and moronic claim that YOU did when you said that your future sins are automatically forgiven without repenting. These verses are conditional for those who remain faithful.
What did He die for? The sins of the world!

1 pet 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
And He continues to mediate for us (1 Tim. 2:5, Heb. 7:25).
That's right. So, what are you bickering about? lol
According to YOU - it's all over.
You don't believe that His sacrifice is eternal as Rev. 13:8 says.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
should be pretty obvious that faith manifests works. Unfortunately even if someone is a complete jerk, that still does not make them wrong about everything.
Yup - you said a mouthful . . .

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Neither of these verses makes the false and moronic claim that YOU did when you said that your future sins are automatically forgiven without repenting. These verses are conditional for those who remain faithful.

Only man can break the seal that God has placed in us, and he even fails at that. :rolleyes:

And He continues to mediate for us (1 Tim. 2:5, Heb. 7:25).

That's right, because it's not by our works that we continue to be saved. It's His works and what He did on the cross.

You don't believe that His sacrifice is eternal as Rev. 13:8 says.

Then why am I preaching OSAS? :rolleyes:

Nov 2, 2016
USA
They know that He is THE Savior and always have.
That's why they shudder.

Right, but they haven't accepted Him as Lord and Savior.
They also won't admit they're sinners and that they need a Savior.
I love how you're trying to find loop holes. :rolleyes: