Why do we blame God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
That was a little better RJP but the end still sounded like you wanted to have a battle of spiritual egos... keep working on it... I guarantee you if you do you'll notice that you start having more conversations and less arguments... more people actually listening to you... and less people just defending themselves...

Here's my personal beliefs about those subject...

Job was confused and thought God was doing to him what was really satan and actually started speaking against God... which is why I think the most important part of Job is from 32 on... when the young Elihu schools him down for what he was saying (I personally also hear prophecies that point to Jesus and the Holy Spirit in Elihu's words) and then God comes in and really schools him down...

Jonah was angry or annoyed that God wanted to save people and honored their repentance... bad idea...

So while I understand why both of those two felt the way they did... it's obvious their feelings were wrong or at the least pointed in the wrong direction.

Jesus is a different story... Jesus Christ experienced death for us on the cross and Jesus couldn't die without being separated from the Father... in that moment of separation He cried out.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
You used a phrase I'd not thought of using; phoney intellectual reasoning. That is probably the phrase I should have used in the first place. As to whether I 'know' anyone's lives, I don't. That wasn't the point despite you're trying to make it so.

What I do respond to is honest, to the point rhetoric.
Dodgeball is not my favorite sport, but it seems to be played here a lot.
Case in point is the continued reaction to my statement, instead of addressing the point.
You're the only one that's come close to 'getting it' so far.

I highlighted a section of your post above; "Why did God let this happen?"
Now I know all about parents of a young kid dying. Been there did that and didn't get the damn T-shirt. So what?
Your Grandpa wasn't the only person to suffer such a loss.

I also know about WWII veterans. They came home to a stream of parties and parades that lasted ten years. I know because I attended most of them. They were treated like heros, but if you ask them they just say that they were doing their duty. When I came home at the end of 'Nam, you know what I got? People on the street saying, "F*** You".

Why did God let this happen? The WHY is a bogus question. The WHY will not change anything. Even knowing 'why' won't make any difference. There is no purpose and there is no reason. Things just happen. It doesn't make your Grandpa a hero any more than it made me one.

Losing a loved one doesn't make you a saint either. It just creates a hole that can't be filled, little kid or 'high horse' man it's the same.

Holy and all knowing? Jesus was that and they killed Him for it.
I don't pretend to be either, but I'm not surprised when objections are raised at efforts to address real issues.

If seeking truth is reason to be accused of climbing onto a high horse then somebody get me a ladder because I need to get up there.

You seem like you're just bitter and feel like you've been left out. I don't think you feel like you've gotten the recognition you feel you deserve.

It sucks you didn't get a parade when you came back. You Vietnam Men gave it all you had. If I were older I would've been glad to have you guys back. Rest assured the WWII guys know what you went through and didn't spit on you. They didn't ask for a parade, but they got one.

I wasn't calling my Grandpa a saint, however, I think it's rude as hell of you to dismiss him like you did.

My whole point is there's people that have horrible things happen to them and they have the heart not to get mad a God or blame God or ask why. Maybe there were times where they got mad a God, I don't know. But, I can tell you what I witnessed.

As for me, I wont go into any of my life on this subject. Those experiences are best served to comfort someone else or help them in some way when I can relate.

You took it upon yourself to decide that I claimed to never have been angry at God. I have, but, I've learned from it. If something horrible happened to my wife and kids, I don't know how I'd feel or react. But, as the Lord says, don't worry about tomorrow, tomorrow can worry about itself.

Don't try to prepare me or demand from me how I will react if a supposed future event happens. I dont' know the future, and I don't know how I'd react.

On that note as well, My Grandpa was an example of someone who went through hardships then had a good life through his entire adulthood. My lead hand is another good example. He thanked God for the bad as well as the good.

People can grow and change and God helps them do it. That's the point.

I'm sorry life is such a prick thing for you that you can't enjoy it. What ever it is that's eating you up, I pray you get through it.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of Christianity is justification and sanctification, which culminate in salvation. Christ justifies us in order to sanctify us - teaching our heart to do what it was created to do - love. This requires us to learn and practice perspective taking skills, empathy love, and forgiveness. Bitterness, resentment, envy, and self-centerness, causes us to lash out at others and smoothers sanctification.

All I can say is, the type of smoldering bitterness I have seen in recent posts on this thread, scream out for spiritual and professional help and healing.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
The most important thing about Jesus to me is knowing Him and the Father through Him...

As Jesus said, "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."