Why do we hear a different message from neighbor?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And dont forget who the Church is. The Church is the individual believer like me. and dont forget there is no mention of catholisisim in there either.
The Church is not comprised of every "believer".
Remember - James 2:19 tells us that even the demons believe - and they are not part of the Church.

The Catholic Church gets its name from Scripture:
Acts 9:31
“Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

According to Strong’s Greek Concordance – the verse is translated as:
“The true Church throughout all Judea . . .”

Here is the phrase in Greek:
η μεν ουν εκκλησια καθ ολης της ιουδαιας

The Catholic Church gets its name from the GREEK for “according to the whole” and “universal” - εκκλησια καθ ολης, which is pronounced “ekklesia katah-holos”.

Εκκλησια (ekklesia) - A gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly; CHURCH
Καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
Ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely

"Ekklesia Kata-holos" = CATHOLIC CHURCH.

It was being called "The Catholic Church" by the end of the 1st century - while the Apostle John was still alive. In fact, his own student, Ignatius of Antioch wrote about it:

Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Church is not comprised of every "believer".
Remember - James 2:19 tells us that even the demons believe - and they are not part of the Church.

The Catholic Church gets its name from Scripture:
“Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

According to Strong’s Greek Concordance – the verse is translated as:
“The true Church throughout all Judea . . .”

Here is the phrase in Greek:
η μεν ουν εκκλησια καθ ολης της ιουδαιας

The Catholic Church gets its name from the GREEK for “according to the whole” and “universal” - εκκλησια καθ ολης, which is pronounced “ekklesia katah-holos”.

Εκκλησια (ekklesia) - A gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly; CHURCH
Καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
Ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely

"Ekklesia Kata-holos" = CATHOLIC CHURCH.

It was being called "The Catholic Church" by the end of the 1st century - while the Apostle John was still alive. In fact, his own student, Ignatius of Antioch wrote about it:

Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).
Why would you say I am calling demons believers? This is why I cant talk to you and take you serious. You twisted what I said right at the start.
Just because the name catholic is the does not tell us what you are pushing. You talk about all the other churches being wrong. I dont here you saying anything about the caholic church and all the horrible thing the Catholic church has done down through many many years. I dont want to be going back and fore with my mums fatter than yours. But you have no reason to try and defend you church with all it has done, and your in no position to bring down any other church. In fact you aint in a position to call out the church of satan. with what goes on in the catholic church not to maention the snake building they built.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you say I am calling demons believers? This is why I cant talk to you and take you serious. You twisted what I said right at the start.[/QUOTE]
I'm not "twisting" anything you said.
YOU said the following: "The Church is the individual believer like me."

I simply pointed out to you that this was incorrect. James 2:19 is proof of this.
If you're going to accuse me of something - make sure you have your story straight.
Just because the name catholic is the does not tell us what you are pushing. You talk about all the other churches being wrong. I dont here you saying anything about the caholic church and all the horrible thing the Catholic church has done down through many many years. I dont want to be going back and fore with my mums fatter than yours. But you have no reason to try and defend you church with all it has done, and your in no position to bring down any other church. In fact you aint in a position to call out the church of satan. with what goes on in the catholic church not to maention the snake building they built.
Soooo, you're saying that the Catholic Church hasn't been here since the time of the Apostles because some bad men did some bad things??
That's a preposterous claim.

EVERY group has dirty hands but that doesn't mean that the entire group is to blame. this includes EVERY Protestant sect.
Jesus warned about bad people arising from His Church - and so did Paul, so why wold ANY of this surprise you??

The historical facts are inescapable: The Catholic Church IS the Church established by Jesus and His Apostles.
If you want to deny this - then you'll have to prove it. I already showed you historical documentation to prove my claim.

Can you refute this?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question should be: who is the believer? I met a man yesterday that went into a rage and openly denied Christ and called the word of God lying crap.(not his words exactly) He admitted he had spent time in prison and had throughly read the Bible and he displayed his true hatred for God and the word outwardly. Many are not that honest about what is going on inwardly. Do you know how many say, "I believe. I invited Jesus into my heart once. I'm good." Do you know how many sit in a pew and know nothing about God other than what their pastor tells them on Sunday. They get their fix and leave "feeling good" for the rest of the week.

Husbands and wives share intimacy. If you ask a wife to tell you some intimate details about her husband; she will not lack for what to say. When you ask a believer to tell you something intimate about The LORD and they go blank(even though they attend church) what does that say?

I agree with Alley. The disciples were confused before the Holy Ghost. Afterward, He brought into remembrance all things. God revealed mysteries, and showed them His will. If we don't know the will of God...then how do we know God?

I agree with you that it is a process:
Isaiah 28:10-13
[10] For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: [11] For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. [12] To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

But we can't forget that there is line upon line for those that would not hear:
[13] But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

This became apparent. The confusion is the filter through which we read. "Our hearts desire" We either hear only what we desire to hear. Or we hear truth, even if it is abrasive and changes everything we once held dear. We either read through the eye of flesh. Or through the Spirit. An example:

John 10:10 KJV
[10] The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Life abundantly:
The flesh takes that as a promise of longer life of the flesh. The Spirit reveals solid truth that doesn't fail or disappoint: life abundantly in Christ. There are countless promises to the believer and if they are only perceived as for this time and for the flesh to benifit, then when that doesn't manifest: disappointment and disbelief that what God said is true, follows.

It is more than varied opinions:

2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV
[4] In whom the god(little god) of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
In verse 6 God commanded the light to shine out of darkness.

1 Timothy 4:1-2 KJV
[1] Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; [2] Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

We accept: you must eat my flesh and drink my blood, as Spiritual. Every word that proceeds from the mouth of God becomes Spirit to one born of God. The physical is put away. The Old Testament is put away for the New.

"Opinions" come from the physical.
Truth comes from Christ.

I'm sorry for the long post: attempted to respond to all in one post.

Why should the question be 'who is the believer'? Are you in doubt who a believer is?

If you agree with Ally.s.j, then respond to (Acts 15:1-5). Perhaps you can help him out.

Concerning (Is. 28:7-13), the word of the Lord was line upon line to those that hear. To those that don't, they stumble and are snared. They are the ones described in (Is. 28:7).

You say we read either through the 'eyes of the flesh' or 'of the Spirit'. Hard to argue against that. What that is supposed to prove I don't know. You say it is more than varied opinions, so? Your reference to (2 Cor. 4:4) and (1 Tim. 4:1-2) speak to those who are not believers. So, how does this apply?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pay attention. I said we have the mind of Christ so there is no reason for us not to know everything about the Word. I never made that up. Its scripture/

Gee, you know everything about the Bible, yet you do not explain (Acts 15:1-5) in light of your previous comment. So, you who know it all, please answer these verses in light of your statements that preceded them.

If you never made it up, then where does it say we know everything about the Bible? If we know everything about the Bible because we have the mind of Christ, why are we told to study the Scriptures?

If you think the believer automatically knows all the Bible because he has the mind of Christ, then you did make it up. For that is no where taught.

Stranger

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Gee, you know everything about the Bible, yet you do not explain (Acts 15:1-5) in light of your previous comment. So, you who know it all, please answer these verses in light of your statements that preceded them.

If you never made it up, then where does it say we know everything about the Bible? If we know everything about the Bible because we have the mind of Christ, why are we told to study the Scriptures?

If you think the believer automatically knows all the Bible because he has the mind of Christ, then you did make it up. For that is no where taught.

Stranger
No one said what you are trying to say. Once again your off on your own little tangent. The bible says the believer has the mind of Christ ok. Factomondo. If you get it or not is not my problem,but yours. I dont know every thing, but I know that you dont know as much as you think you know. Thats all to clear. I know you dont know Christ personally. Crystal clear. If you did you would not speak like you do.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should the question be 'who is the believer'? Are you in doubt who a believer is?

If you agree with Ally.s.j, then respond to (Acts 15:1-5). Perhaps you can help him out.

Concerning (Is. 28:7-13), the word of the Lord was line upon line to those that hear. To those that don't, they stumble and are snared. They are the ones described in (Is. 28:7).

You say we read either through the 'eyes of the flesh' or 'of the Spirit'. Hard to argue against that. What that is supposed to prove I don't know. You say it is more than varied opinions, so? Your reference to (2 Cor. 4:4) and (1 Tim. 4:1-2) speak to those who are not believers. So, how does this apply?

Stranger

"Are you in doubt who a believer is?" Every single day. I even doubt myself sometimes. That may sound harsh but it is the truth.

(Acts 15: 1-5) is the same argument over circumcision of the flesh and works of the law. Believers among the gentiles receiving the truth and those rejoicing in the Lord; only to have the Pharisees jealous and thereby boasting and pressuring once again in works of the flesh, rather than faith without works(of flesh) so that no man shall boast(of flesh). I do not know everything, yet I do have the mind of Christ. Or I run to obtain the mind of Christ. His word says to study to show thyself approved of God. To me, that means study to determine the Spirit of God is there to teach and guide in all truth. Going off memory here but "be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind" and "continue in my word and the truth will set you free" means exactly what it says: the mind is transformed into the mind of Christ and set free from the captivity of this world and its false religions, idols, and strange ideals. You are right it is a process. But at the same time I believe "begat of God" through the continuing in His Word is as sudden and complete as a physical birth...but we are still a babe in need of food (milk and then meat).

The other references: yes is to unbelievers. But I can't help but wonder if those verses pertain to many of those that set among the church and call themselves true believers. They spread a gospel and message and in the midst of all that circulating...I find myself even questioning my own belief.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is why I asked how we (neighbors) can have so many varying beliefs. How can you and I hear so differently, Bol?

[31] Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

"were multiplied" does this mean church buildings were multiplied, or individual believers that make up the Church (the body) of Christ were multiplied? How can a building have "rest"?

1 Corinthians 11:24-34 KJV
[24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it , and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. [25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood:

this do ye, as oft as ye drink it , in remembrance of me. [26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

What is the Lords table?
How did He (The LORD) prepare a table before our enemies?
What bread (flesh/meat) do we eat???
What cup(blood) do we drink "as often" in remembrance?
How can we drink and eat often?
The only answer can be: The Word of God.

[27] Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. [28]
But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. [29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Only the Word of God can condemn and convict. It is not a wafer or wine.

[30] For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. [31] For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. [32] But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
[33] Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat(the Word), tarry one for another. [34] And if any man hunger, let him eat(the Word) at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

The Lord said He would come in and sup with the individual.

Revelation 3:20 KJV
[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said what you are trying to say. Once again your off on your own little tangent. The bible says the believer has the mind of Christ ok. Factomondo. If you get it or not is not my problem,but yours. I dont know every thing, but I know that you dont know as much as you think you know. Thats all to clear. I know you dont know Christ personally. Crystal clear. If you did you would not speak like you do.

The key statement in you response is...'I don't know everything'. Yet you act like you do. Yet you cannot answer my response when I give you the Scripture.

How do you know I don't know Christ personally? Just because I disagree with you... you who cannot defend his postiion when Scripture is given?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Are you in doubt who a believer is?" Every single day. I even doubt myself sometimes. That may sound harsh but it is the truth.

(Acts 15: 1-5) is the same argument over circumcision of the flesh and works of the law. Believers among the gentiles receiving the truth and those rejoicing in the Lord; only to have the Pharisees jealous and thereby boasting and pressuring once again in works of the flesh, rather than faith without works(of flesh) so that no man shall boast(of flesh). I do not know everything, yet I do have the mind of Christ. Or I run to obtain the mind of Christ. His word says to study to show thyself approved of God. To me, that means study to determine the Spirit of God is there to teach and guide in all truth. Going off memory here but "be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind" and "continue in my word and the truth will set you free" means exactly what it says: the mind is transformed into the mind of Christ and set free from the captivity of this world and its false religions, idols, and strange ideals. You are right it is a process. But at the same time I believe "begat of God" through the continuing in His Word is as sudden and complete as a physical birth...but we are still a babe in need of food (milk and then meat).

The other references: yes is to unbelievers. But I can't help but wonder if those verses pertain to many of those that set among the church and call themselves true believers. They spread a gospel and message and in the midst of all that circulating...I find myself even questioning my own belief.

Well, if you doubt if you are a believer then you need to get into the Word of God more. See (1 John 5:11-14). You should have no doubts.

My point with ( Acts 15:1-5) was that there were differences of opinion of how the believer is to walk with God. And these differences concerned those who were born again on both sides, contrary to what Alley.s.j said. In other words, believers can have differences concerning what the Bible is saying.

The Scripture is not unclear though you sound as if you are. Why do you question your belief? Is it because of what you read on these forums? If so, get away. Forums are full of lies and anti-christian doctrine.

The Bible is clear in that you as a believer should never doubt your belief in Christ. You should never doubt who you are 'in Christ'.

Stranger

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The key statement in you response is...'I don't know everything'. Yet you act like you do. Yet you cannot answer my response when I give you the Scripture.

How do you know I don't know Christ personally? Just because I disagree with you... you who cannot defend his postiion when Scripture is given?

Stranger
Pay attention please try. I say I dont know everything. Correct as I dont even though I have the mind of Christ. So its in here somewhere.
Is it me who acts like I know everything. Or do you struggle to say anything nice. I think many in here agree that you are not a nice person and misrepresent Christ in every department except the religious department. You got that taped.
I could sasnwer your question, But past experiance tells me all you want to do is fight. So I just dont bother giving you what you need. You need to tell eveyone your right and there all wrong. You love to point out everyones faults and flaws and lack of knowledge. I dont fall for you childish nonsense. I just like poking you with a stick to see if you have grown up any yet. You will never get a straight answer from me until I see you grow up and act like an adult, and treat people like Christ did.

If you (which you clearly dont) dont know how clear to see for anyone who has a personal relationship with Christ. Why I know you dont. That on its own tell me I am 100% right in my assesment of you. Its not only the disagreeing with me and everyone else. You will know them by there fruits. Your propbem is. You know the words on the page, and they are as good as hansel and gretal if you are know in a personal relationship with Christ. and you are not. Or you would not act the way you do. It really is so simple. but you cant grasp it. I hope you do see it one day. I will know as I watch your posts. I dont need to defend scripture like you do. When you have a personal relationship with Christ you grow into that mind set. I love talking with people whop are like minded and act like Christ. I would prefer talking to the most arogant guy in the street than you. Because he has an excuse. You dont. You have truth abut refuse to walk in it. You said Gods love makes you sick. That one statement tell me you dont have a relationship with Christ. Maybe now you will admit you dont. Who knows. Its between you and God. I am just telling you, You are the most horrible person on this site. But the fact is, I know You already know that. There is no way on this planet that God would allow you to sit there and not feel and see what you are acting like. Tattie bunkles bud. Take this and do with it what ever YOU like.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why would you say I am calling demons believers? This is why I cant talk to you and take you serious. You twisted what I said right at the start.
I'm not "twisting" anything you said.
YOU said the following: "The Church is the individual believer like me."

I simply pointed out to you that this was incorrect. James 2:19 is proof of this.
If you're going to accuse me of something - make sure you have your story straight.

Soooo, you're saying that the Catholic Church hasn't been here since the time of the Apostles because some bad men did some bad things??
That's a preposterous claim.

EVERY group has dirty hands but that doesn't mean that the entire group is to blame. this includes EVERY Protestant sect.
Jesus warned about bad people arising from His Church - and so did Paul, so why wold ANY of this surprise you??

The historical facts are inescapable: The Catholic Church IS the Church established by Jesus and His Apostles.
If you want to deny this - then you'll have to prove it. I already showed you historical documentation to prove my claim.

Can you refute this?[/QUOTE]
See you like stranger take what people say and twist it. Thats why I dont bother to much with you in comunications either.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point with ( Acts 15:1-5) was that there were differences of opinion of how the believer is to walk with God. And these differences concerned those who were born again on both sides, contrary to what Alley.s.j said. In other words, believers can have differences concerning what the Bible is saying.

I do appreciate your encouragement to continue in His word.

Now that you have clarified your reference to Acts 15:1-5 there are a few questions I have: their difference of opinion was concerning:
Acts 15:1 KJV
[1] And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said , Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

They were still speaking law and circumcision. Works. Then the Pharisees bring it up again. Do you believe the Pharisees that rejected Jesus were children of their Father(the devil)? Or were they also believers? How do you know these were all believers that just shared differing opinions? Just because they walked with the disciples or associated with them, doesn't mean they were believers.

1 John 2:19 KJV
[19] They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out , that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

They were pushing circumcision of the flesh rather than realizing it is not through circumcision of the flesh but rather through circumcision of the heart that saves a person. The flesh foreshadowed the removing of the vail over a persons heart. If that is not seen or realized: that it is not by flesh, then how does that person know God? Will they not have to eventually move toward seeing Christ? Same as you advising me to continue in His word that I might see.

2 Corinthians 3:14-15 KJV
[14] But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. [15] But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

There has to be Christ for the vail to be done away.
Do they(Jews/still preaching works of flesh and law) know Him yet?
I am not sure what you mean "on both sides" are you saying men in the OT were saved by the works of the flesh? And on this side of the Crucifixion by faith? David, Enoch, Moses? Did law give these men life? Did law ever give life eternal?

So, can we all have a different message: some preaching law and works and some preaching faith in Christ? Can we remain uncircumcised of heart and be saved? When God removes the blindness over the Jews. What or who will He show them?

How do you resolve:
1 Corinthians 14:24-26 KJV
[24] But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: [25] And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and

report that God is in you of a truth.

[26] How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spirit of truth
Spirit of error
??? Who decides? The Word says God is not the author of confusion.
God is not the author of Confusion. there are many voices in the world, including God's. nine times out of ten we get to hear the spirit of error first. just like any other language, we learn the cuss words, or may I say the colorful metaphor first. first impression, usually are the ones that last. just like slavery, it is a monster (evil). as in religion, and slavery, there's a difference of one being "MADE" free, and one being "SET" free. hence comes the confusion. understand the difference, then one will see the confusion. this is my opinion.

and a good example of this which many are guilty of, "Let's agree to disagree". sound good don't it. one think it keep the peace right? wrong, why the confusion then? if one agree to disagree one is still in disagreement. and the scriptures are clear, Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?". and if one keep on agreeing to disagree, then confusion will always stay. the reason why one agree to disagree is because on is not "MADE" free, they are just "SET" free. John 8:36 "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed". no doubts, no second thoughts, no worries, especially if I in the wrong... (smile). the scriptures states, NOT "SET" FREE, but "MADE" Free.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I asked how we (neighbors) can have so many varying beliefs. How can you and I hear so differently, Bol?

[31] Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

"were multiplied" does this mean church buildings were multiplied, or individual believers that make up the Church (the body) of Christ were multiplied? How can a building have "rest"?

1 Corinthians 11:24-34 KJV
[24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it , and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. [25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood:

this do ye, as oft as ye drink it , in remembrance of me. [26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

What is the Lords table?
How did He (The LORD) prepare a table before our enemies?
What bread (flesh/meat) do we eat???
What cup(blood) do we drink "as often" in remembrance?
How can we drink and eat often?
The only answer can be: The Word of God.

[27] Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. [28]
But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. [29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Only the Word of God can condemn and convict. It is not a wafer or wine.

[30] For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. [31] For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. [32] But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
[33] Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat(the Word), tarry one for another. [34] And if any man hunger, let him eat(the Word) at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

The Lord said He would come in and sup with the individual.

Revelation 3:20 KJV
[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
First of all - who said I was talking about a "building" multiplying??
Look - if you can't understand what people are saying on a forum like this - how can you possibly interpret Scripture?

As for your interpretations of the of the passages regarding the Eucharist - AGAIN - there are relatively NEW inventions in the context of Church history.

NOBODY taught the things you are saying until after the 16th century, when the confusion of Protestantism raised its ugly head.
As a matter of fact - your Protestant Fathers believed in the Real Presence in the Eucharist and interpreted the verses YOU presented completely differently than YOU do.

How do you reconcile that? Were they wrong? And, IF they were wrong - why would you follow them? What makes your interpretation correct when Jesus gave the guarantee to the Authority of His Church and not the individual??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See you like stranger take what people say and twist it. Thats why I dont bother to much with you in comunications either.
Soooo, you can't refute anything I said.
Next time - just say so . . .

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BREAD OF LIFE, cap lock sorry,
I'm not part of this thing u have with Ally..so again, pls don' be snotty to me...
Can u show any verses where Jesus says something about the guarantee of the Church opposed to the individual? I have never heard anyone bring this up.
I will try to Google something, also. Thanks.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look - if you can't understand what people are saying on a forum like this - how can you possibly interpret Scripture?

Yes, I agree which makes it a miracle that I am able to interpret scripture at all. I wouldn't know what...did you say my 'protestant forefathers" taught. I don't read them. Nor do I read commentaries. If you say I am protestant then it must be true. Church: individual (members) that are under the head which is Christ making up the perfect man, to be revealed. One body. One mind, which is the mind of Christ. Agree or no?

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ahh right the Holy Ghost said I will not teach you anything did He not? No He never. He said I will teach you all things. Paul said you have the mind of Christ. Obviously it is far harder to understand the absoloute tritpe that is discused in here lol. Why you think its easy to understand the blind leading the blind and you are one of them? Flaunting your knowleaged like a right fellow. Stop it. You sit under catholic doctirne and tripe. Then try and teach the same tripe here. stop it . For petes sake man. Gop and learn the basics. and stop looking down your nose like a mighty prophet. and not that nice to look at.