Why do we need born again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats nuts?

its good to know the word of God is nuts to you
It is not the word of God that is nuts; rather it is your interpretation of the word of God that is nuts. Our spirits come from God. As given to us at birth (or before) our spirits do not need to be reborn. Our spirits need to be reborn only after having sinned. Being born the first time, we receive our flesh from our parents and our spirits from God. We are not dead in Adam's sin at Birth. We, our spirits, are alive and well upon being born. Then after becoming old enough to know enough about God to understand what it means to disobey God and then to do that we become dead in trespasses and sins. At that time and not before we, i.e., our spirits, need to be reborn so that we once again are made alive.

A traducianist believes that the spirits of man, like the flesh of man, are generated by the parents and hence take on the "fallen nature" of mankind at conception, i.e., Original Sin. Once cannot both believe that our spirits come from God and believe in the doctrine of Original Sin. To do so makes God the cause of sin.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who is born again in John 3? What did they do?
You don’t do anything to Become Born Again like the wind.......God is the initiator...not you.

As I’ve already explained..God brings us to believe in Jesus...God brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow, God gives us the gift of Faith, faith that can move mountains?...faith is a manifestation of the Spirit?

God does it all...and please Jesus spoke to Nicodemus regarding the Born Again scripture....that’s how we are Born Again like the wind....what do you think “ you” did to receive that ,Born Again of imperishable seed?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
. Our spirits come from God.
Amen.
. Our spirits need to be reborn only after having sinned.
Can you show me the scripture that says this please.
Being born the first time, we receive our flesh from our parents and our spirits from God. We are not dead in Adam's sin at Birth. We, our spirits, are alive and well upon being born. Then after becoming old enough to know enough about God to understand what it means to disobey God and then to do that we become dead in trespasses and sins. At that time and not before we, i.e., our spirits, need to be reborn so that we once again are made alive.
Again, scripture please that says this, from what I read, this is full of confusion....and trust me I’ve also been full of confusion by the enemy...
A traducianist believes that the spirits of man, like the flesh of man, are generated by the parents and hence take on the "fallen nature" of mankind at conception, i.e., Original Sin. Once cannot both believe that our spirits come from God and believe in the doctrine of Original Sin. To do so makes God the cause of sin.
I find this confusing and makes no sense, with respect.

We are Born Again by Gods word....this is all your word, that’s why it’s full of confusion ..with respect...@JBO

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no verse that says we separate from God or that we even can. We cannot separate ourselves from God when we sin because
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
To be dead in trespasses and sins is to be separated from God.

Before being born again, the human spirit is in a state of spiritual corruption and chaos. Sin makes us spiritually dead: Ephesians 2:1, 5; Colossians 2:13. This means that the sinner’s spirit is cut off from God, who is the source of life: Ephesians 2:12; 4:18. The sinner is thus depraved, evil, sinful (but not totally so, contrary to Calvinism). Sin makes us mentally twisted and unwilling to think logically: Romans 1:18, 21, 25; Ephesians 4:18. Sin makes us captive to a sinful lifestyle: Romans 8:7-8. Sin makes us vulnerable to, even defenseless against, demonic temptation and possession.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This means that the sinner’s spirit is cut off from God
Thank you, I’ve just checked that with scripture...and here it is.

Ephesians 2:12-13

New International Version

12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show me the scripture that says this please.
I am sorry, but I cannot deal with you. Your theological positions are so thoroughly confused, mixed up, and illogical that it is not possible to hold a rational discussion with you.

I said that our spirits come from God. You agreed. Then I said that we needed to be reborn only after we had sinned. You asked for scripture. If our spirits come from God, and we haven't sinned, why would they even need to be reborn. Being dead in our trespasses and sins is the reason that we need to be made alive again, i.e., need to be reborn. That is The Gospel 101.

Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved--

"made us alive together with Christ"
That is regeneration. That is being reborn.

Col 2:13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,

"He made you alive together with Him". That is regerneation. That is being reborn.

And that was done according as "you have received Christ Jesus the Lord" (Col 2:6), and "having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God" (Col 2:12).

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am sorry, but I cannot deal with you. Your theological positions are so thoroughly confused, mixed up, and illogical that it is not possible to hold a rational discussion with you.

I said that our spirits come from God. You agreed. Then I said that we needed to be reborn only after we had sinned. You asked for scripture. If our spirits come from God, and we haven't sinned, why would they even need to be reborn. Being dead in our trespasses and sins is the reason that we need to be made alive again, i.e., need to be reborn. That is The Gospel 101.

Sorry that you don’t understand the word of God that I post...shall we ignore each other?
Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved--

"made us alive together with Christ"
That is regeneration. That is being reborn.

Col 2:13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,

"He made you alive together with Him". That is regerneation. That is being reborn.

And that was done according as "you have received Christ Jesus the Lord" (Col 2:6), and "having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God" (Col 2:12).
That’s not how we become Born Again....once again you are putting your own take on God’s word...

Therefore void of Gods truth...the scripture is true....only that’s not telling us how we are Born Again.

He made us Alive together with Christ...when we became Born Again of imperishable seed.

Therefore you are muddled in understanding Born Again, imo..with respect.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry that you don’t understand the word of God that I post...shall we ignore each other?

That’s not how we become Born Again....once again you are putting your own take on God’s word...

Therefore void of Gods truth...the scripture is true....only that’s not telling us how we are Born Again.

He made us Alive together with Christ...when we became Born Again of imperishable seed.

Therefore you are muddled in understanding Born Again, imo..with respect.
I said, "I am sorry, but I cannot deal with you. Your theological positions are so thoroughly confused, mixed up, and illogical that it is not possible to hold a rational discussion with you."

I should have just left it there. Sorry again.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I said, "I am sorry, but I cannot deal with you. Your theological positions are so thoroughly confused, mixed up, and illogical that it is not possible to hold a rational discussion with you."

I should have just left it there. Sorry again.
Would you like to challenge me on the scripture that I post.?

Up until now you haven’t...before you make an assumption of my theology.....I suggest you challenge me to where I am confused.?

Opinions don’t count I’m afraid..,,so rather than voice your opinion, of my theology.

I would like you to challenge me on the scripture that I post?

Otherwise all that you say above falls flat on its face....just an opinion I’m afraid and certainly not Gods truth....have a nice day and God Bless.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Right back atcha.
So, no challenge I take it ,over Gods word the Bible.on how we become Born Again of imperishable seed?

I must add if you quote my posts...I will most definitely answer you back...just so you know @JBO
Ok, bye, enjoy the rest of your day.,God Bless.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

It's not the body, but the spirit that has become a new creature. In other words, it's in the spirit that we have become a brand-new species because our spirit is totally new and therefore there is not an old sin nature left in us. We undergo a miraculous exchange at the center of our being once we have the spirit of Christ. Who we were in Adam is no longer there. We become a new person because we are now a child of God who is in Christ. The key event causing this exchange is a death, burial, and resurrection with Christ. This miraculous exchange is not figurative or symbolic, but literal and actual.

The spiritual part of every Christian has literally and actually been crucified, buried, and raised with Christ. The fact that this occurs spiritually and not physically doesn’t make it any less real. So what happens to the old self that was in Adam? The old self is entirely obliterated once the spirit of Christ enters the Christian. I know this comes as a complete shock to many of you who have been indoctrinated in the-old-nature-versus-the-new-nature theology. Most Christians have been taught to believe that after salvation, they are still the same at their core, and they live the rest of their lives trying to restrain this old nature. They believe they have two natures.
we believe we have the old nature because we do. Paul spoke of the battle between the two natures. there could not be a battle unless you had both.

The old nature is just the belief I need to take care of self. That does nto go away immediately after we are saved. The need is obliterated. But as babes in Christ, we will struggle with different areas of our life until God grows us in that area..

Thats we need to be in the body, Need to be discipled. Need to study the word. And need to do all the things God tells us to to grow in him

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All threw Christian dome brothers and sisters we hear the term born again. You will hear people in the churches, on the street, at work, even in jail, making the statement, "since I have been born again. For those who have any knowledge in the word (Holy Scriptures) will understand that this just isn’t the case, now this is a pretty simple understanding brother and sisters, pay close a attention to what’s being said. Now, Let’s jump right in a conversation that Jesus was having with a man name Nicodemus. In John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Notice verse 3, except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. We have just learned something here. If you are not born again you can not see the kingdom of God. As we go further you will understand this. Remember there is a time for everything.

Nicodemus asked a very good question. Take a look at the next set of verses.

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In verse 5, born of the water in this case is the Word of God. Notice the Lord mentions the kingdom of God again, but He adds a little more information. He says "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. When he mentions spirit He means exactly that. Watch how the Lord gives something physical to describe exactly what He means.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Notice: He made a difference between flesh and spirit. Ask yourself that question, was you born flesh or spirit?

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Notice: He compared the wind to a spirit. Can you see the wind? No! We have seen things being blown around by the wind, but we have never seen the wind. If you are born of the spirit you are like the wind. This is when you are truly born again, when you are born of the spirit.

Notice: what Jesus does in these next few verses. Remember, this is after His resurrection.

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Note two very important things within these verses. 1. Jesus appeared in the midst of them and the doors were shut. 2. Thomas called Him God. When Jesus came out of the grave he was born into the God family, Jesus was Born Again.

When Thomas called Jesus God was he still a man? Take a look at this verse in the book of Numbers.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Note what the verse says, God is not a man, neither is he the son of man. While Jesus walked with His disciples He called Himself the son of man. He was exactly that. He was born of a woman. But, when he was raised from the dead He was no longer in the man family neither was He flesh and blood. If he was flesh and blood He would not have been able to appear in the middle of the room with his apostles.
Not sure what your end goal was with this post.

Jesus told Nicodemus how to be born again. Do you understand what he said?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, ..but, no one can become Born Again without the seed of God...the Holy Spirit is the only one who can “ Spirit gives birth to spirit.

No man/ woman can choose to become Born Again of imperishable seed...that is an act of God.

God gets all of the glory...there is no choice to be Born Again like the wind....and please show me in scripture where we choose to be Born Again like the wind?..as I’ve already explained...the word of God ( Living) will never return void and will always accomplish what is pleasing to him....

Why some think they can choose to become Born Again is a mystery to me....I don’t think some truly understand what it means to be Born Again of imperishable seed.

The Holy Spirit, who entered Mary and she became pregnant...is the same seed that entered our hearts when we became Born Again, The HOLY SPIRIT....Faith is a gift from God, a manifestation of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is a real person and is “ ALIVE” in our hearts/ spirit....some don’t understand that either.

It’s imperative that we are Born Again...anyone can read their Bible all day every day, that doesn’t mean they are Born Again of imperishable seed....my Son reads Gods word everyday, he is not Born Again..

Some refer to the Bible as though the book is God...it’s NOT...the Bible is Gods “ Living “ word....his word is Alive in Spirit and God is everywhere.....Like the Wind....

The Holy Spirit is like the wind...His word will NEVER return void it will always accomplishes what is pleasing to him.

The Holy Spirit is like the wind and is everywhere...you cannot contain God in a book....the book is his Living word, that speaks to the heart of a Born Again..

We are also under the New Covenant.
Well lets see

John 1.

But as many as have recieved him,to them he gave the right to become children of God.

So we have to recieve to become a child (born again)

John 3.

As moses lifted the serpent. So to must the son of man be lifted. That whoever believes in him will never die. But has eternal life (born again) for God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (born again.)

Israel had to in faith look at the serpent, if they did, they were reborn and did not die, If they did not in unbelief, they eventually suffered the death they were condemned the moment they got bitten.

We too have to in faith look to the cross. If we do. We are born again, and will not die. if we do not, we will suffer the death of condemnation we recieved because of our unbelief. Revelations calls this the second death

John 4.

Jesus said ask, and he will give is living water flowing to eternal life (new birth) this takes faith

John 5.

He who hears the words And believes in me has eternal life (born again) and shall not come into judgment but has passed from death to life (born again)

John 6

Do not work for the food which perishes but work for food which endures forever, This work, being the work of God. That we believe in him (as he does the work to draw us to him, and teach us so we can believe).

The whole rest of the chapter speaks of eating the bread from heaven, Whoever does. Will never hunger, never thirst, Live forever. Have eternal life, Never die. WILL be raised on the last day etc etc.

We do not earn salvation because we recieve the word and trust it. We are saved Because God gives us the word. And does all the work to bring us to him, and we repent and say yes lord, I want that.

He who believes is not condemned, He who does not believe is condemned already.

Fatalism/Calvinism is not from God sis

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said we must be Born Again like the wind, that is what the word of God says...we are brought to believe in Jesus by God....tell me as I had never read a Bible before in my life...how would I have known how to have been drawn to Jesus and to believe in Jesus?..
I certainly knew all about Jesus and heard the gospel being taught at school..
Belief in Jesus, that God led me to believe in Jesus....belief is not Faith...Faith is a gift from God a manifestation of the Holy Spirit....

Anyone can say they believe in Jesus..being Born Again is far more than belief.....as I said Gods word is Alive and his word is out there in the world ......and whoever he chooses to be Born Again like the wind, it will be done..so I’m really not sure what you’re asking in your post.

People can give as many commentaries as they like and explain being Born Again of imperishable seed.

Those are their words...they try to add to Gods word on what Born Again means....sorry ,there is only “ one way” to be Born “ Again “ and you can read it in God’s word.

We are Born Again like the wind.

Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Becoming Born Again of imperishable seed is not a choice...if it was...God would have said so.

Those who also say God forces his will onto us....they aren’t understanding what it means to be Born Again of imperishable seed....they don’t understand God’s will purpose or plan...none of us can understand that.

His thoughts and his ways are beyond our comprehension.
Yes I was born again like the wind.

I prayed for nights in my bedroom that God will save me, But I never felt saved. I took a stand and someone took me to a room and walked me through the gospel. I got on my kneed, And I called out to Jesus and asked him to apply his gift to me, I confess who I was and where I was going based on my sin, and he saved me,

I did not feel anything, But I knew when I walked out of that room, I had eternal life.

Like the wind, the spirit entered me, and I was saved.

because I became like the tax collector.

Once again, You are cutting off jesus words and not getting the whole picture.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot serve God without his Spirit..that’s when we are Born Again of imperishable seed ...who is the Holy Spirit...and Gods word says without the Spirit we are none of His....as I’ve explained anyone can read Gods word, it doesn’t make them Born Again...even my Son reads the Bible, he’s not Born Again of imperishable seed....that’s an act of God and I pray he receives Gods Spirit....by Gods mercy and grace he becomes Born Again of imperishable seed.in Jesus Name...Amen.
Yes,

But he will not force that one us, nor will he prevent others from recieving it.

a god of love wants us to recieve his gift freely. or reject his gift freely.

No one at the great white throne will have an excuse. That all had a change to believe, they refused..

their death is on them, Not god.. Our life is on God. Not us.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with this whole scripture is...some take it completely out of context and add to Gods word what they believe it to be saying.

The word tells us how we are Born Again like the wind...yet some twist and turn this scripture to make it say what they want it to say....because they don’t understand what it means to be Born Again of imperishable seed.
Belief is not the same as faith, anyone can believe ,my son believes, yet he is not Born Again.
faith is a gift gift from God and a manifestation of the Holy Spirit

Spirit gives birth to spirit....I would like them who don’t believe we are Born Again like the wind....to show me where they chose.....as Jesus spoke to Nicodemus, you must be Born Again...Spirit gives birth to spirit....please show me in scripture how you had a conversation with God and chose to be Born Again....absolutely ridiculous...it’s not there, because it’s an act of God, I’m sorry if it offends...I’m only here to speak Gods truth...

In other words don’t leave out the top part of that scripture...that is how we are Born Again....don’t rip it out of context...as quite a few here do, then get very nasty because we speak Gods truth...God also said, you shall know them by their fruits....that is also very true....a Born Again who is in the true vine, their fruit will mature, because they were grafted in, when they became Born Again....and there is no “ IF” they were Born Again of imperishable seed..which liveth and abideth forever....that is Gods word....

There are those who hate to hear of God’s truth being spoken..one even said...what’s all this business of being Born Again anyway, what does it matter...then you get one who says we’re on milk LOL.
It’s Paramount before you can even start to understand God’s word that we must be Born Again by his Spirit...as Gods word says, without the Spirit we are none of His....

John 3

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can be enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is
born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came
down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believethn ot is condemned already,because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God
Vs 14 through 21 tells us HOW to be birthed in the spirit. And how to NOT be birthed in the spirit

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well lets see

John 1.

But as many as have recieved him,to them he gave the right to become children of God.

So we have to recieve to become a child (born again)

John 3.

As moses lifted the serpent. So to must the son of man be lifted. That whoever believes in him will never die. But has eternal life (born again) for God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (born again.)

Israel had to in faith look at the serpent, if they did, they were reborn and did not die, If they did not in unbelief, they eventually suffered the death they were condemned the moment they got bitten.

We too have to in faith look to the cross. If we do. We are born again, and will not die. if we do not, we will suffer the death of condemnation we recieved because of our unbelief. Revelations calls this the second death

John 4.

Jesus said ask, and he will give is living water flowing to eternal life (new birth) this takes faith

John 5.

He who hears the words And believes in me has eternal life (born again) and shall not come into judgment but has passed from death to life (born again)

John 6

Do not work for the food which perishes but work for food which endures forever, This work, being the work of God. That we believe in him (as he does the work to draw us to him, and teach us so we can believe).

The whole rest of the chapter speaks of eating the bread from heaven, Whoever does. Will never hunger, never thirst, Live forever. Have eternal life, Never die. WILL be raised on the last day etc etc.

We do not earn salvation because we recieve the word and trust it. We are saved Because God gives us the word. And does all the work to bring us to him, and we repent and say yes lord, I want that.

He who believes is not condemned, He who does not believe is condemned already.

Fatalism/Calvinism is not from God sis
Once again...that scripture you post , is NOT telling us how we+are+Born Again...you are adding to Gods word...plus you left out the scripture that Jesus explains to Nicodemus how we are Born Again ...that’s how we are Born Again of imperishable seed.