Why do we need priests?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why don't you expose the lie that the water turns into wine at the mass?

?? What are you talking about?
The wine (and water) become the mystical Blood of Christ by the power of the Holy Spirt.

Peace be with you!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
?? What are you talking about?
The wine (and water) become the mystical Blood of Christ by the power of the Holy Spirt.

Peace be with you!

Sorry, I will rephrase that. Why don't you expose the lie that the wine turns into the blood at the mass?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you expose the lie that the water turns into wine at the mass?
As soon as YOU show me where Christ ever lied about anything.

What part of "This IS my Body" and "This IS my Blood" do you have difficulty believing?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry, I will rephrase that. Why don't you expose the lie that the wine turns into the blood at the mass?

Hello marksman,

Hmm. Whether it is true that the wine becomes the Blood of Christ or not is independent of my belief or your unbelief.
Jesus said it was His Blood..

I believe Him!

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello marksman,

Hmm. Whether it is true that the wine becomes the Blood of Christ or not is independent of my belief or your unbelief.

I believe Him!

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

As my question was addressed to someone else who has refused to answer it, so I will pose my question to you. Why don't you expose the lie that the wine turns into the blood of Jesus at the mass?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As soon as YOU show me where Christ ever lied about anything.

What part of "This IS my Body" and "This IS my Blood" do you have difficulty believing?
Jesus said to call no man father, yet Catholics address their priest as Father.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello marksman,

I believe Him!

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

I just had a thought. If Jesus said it was his blood, how did he get it from his body into the cup? Was it an abracadabra moment?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just had a thought. If Jesus said it was his blood, how did he get it from his body into the cup? Was it an abracadabra moment?

You are confusing magic with the power of God.

How did Jesus feed thousands with a couple fish and a handful of loaves?
(Note: it is not by accident that John writes of this just before the Bread of Life discourse)

Peace be with you!

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are confusing magic with the power of God.

How did Jesus feed thousands with a couple fish and a handful of loaves?
(Note: it is not by accident that John writes of this just before the Bread of Life discourse)

Peace be with you!

Now, answer my question.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to call no man father, yet Catholics address their priest as Father.
That's because not only are YOU a Scriptural cherry-picker - you are ignorant of Scripture.
Time for a Bible lesson . . .

Does Jesus "forbid" us to call our fathers "Father" - or ANY other man, for that matter?
NOPE.
Matt. 23:9? What, then, are we to call the man who sired or raised us or the person who taught us in school?

esus is using hyperbole (exaggeration) to make a point and does so many times in Scripture. In the verse that precedes this (Matt: 23:8), Jesus tells us not to call people “Teachers”. Is Jesus telling us that we can’t call certain people "fathers" or “teachers” when they may actually BE fathers or teachers? Absolutely NOT.
He is telling us that no man is to be considered father above our Father in heaven and no person is to be considered teacher above our Teacher in heaven.

Jesus was speaking about the Scribes and Pharisees who exalted themselves before all: “They love places of honor at banquets, seats of honor in synagogues, greetings in marketplaces, and the salutation 'Rabbi.” (Matt 23:6-7)

Consider the following passages:

Jesus said, “Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56).
St. Stephen refers to "our FATHER Abraham," (Acts 7:2).
St. Paul speaks of "our FATHER Isaac” (Romans 9:10).
For I became your FATHER in Christ Jesus through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:14–15).

"For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle . . . a TEACHER of the Gentiles in faith and truth" (1 Tim. 2:7).
"For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and TEACHER" (2 Tim. 1:11).
"God has appointed in the church first Apostles, second prophets, third TEACHERS" (1 Cor. 12:28).

Stop quoting the bible until you LEARN what it means . . .

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you mean this one:

The question is nonsensicle. It presupposes that there is a lie to be exposed..
Perhaps you should rephrase the question..

Peace!

No, it is not and you spelt nonsensical wrong. It is your way of avoiding answering the question.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you mean this one:

The question is nonsensicle. It presupposes that there is a lie to be exposed..
Perhaps you should rephrase the question..

Peace!
It presupposes nothing, a lie is a lie no matter how much you believe it to be the truth

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's because not only are YOU a Scriptural cherry-picker - you are ignorant of Scripture.
Time for a Bible lesson . . .

He is telling us that no man is to be considered father above our Father in heaven and no person is to be considered teacher above our Teacher in heaven.

Stop quoting the bible until you LEARN what it means . . .

One. Of course when you have dedicated your life to studying scripture with degrees to reward your hard work, and teaching in Bible College, and pastoring churches, you can't but fail to be a cherry picker. After all, studying scripture in the original greek as I have done makes you a moron and incapable of knowing the truth. The fact is only Catholics know the truth so we will have to bow to their superior knowledge and ignore everything the scripture teaches and the truth that the Holy Spirit leads us into.

Two. Complete balderdash.

Three. There is the problem. I do know what it means for the simple reason that when I study anything I go over it again and again and again and again and again and I consult people who know even more than I do and I read book after book after book after book on the subject matter so, at the end of the day, I leave no stone unturned to get at the truth. But I guess that is not enough for you. Until I bow the knee to Catholic doctrine and interpretation I don't know anything. I am only a protestant ignoramus who has the audacity to suggest he is not still in kindergarten.

Have a nice catholic day and hope that you don't find it too hard to wave to me whilst you are in purgatory and I enjoy the spoils of heaven.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you want to call Jesus a liar, that's your choice i guess..
Good luck with that..
You would be surprised with people who put the bible higher than Christ, continually call God and Jesus liars... You cant be God because the bible says... and HE just rolls His eyes, How He, they put up with us Ill never know.

Reactions: marksman

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, it is not and you spelt nonsensical wrong. It is your way of avoiding answering the question.

Thank you for correcting my spelling.

Im not avoiding anything. The question is akin to 'have you stopped beating your wife'?
The presuppositon there being that you have indeed been beating your wife..
Thus for one who has never beaten his wife the question is nonsensical.

Peace!

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for correcting my spelling.

Im not avoiding anything. The question is akin to 'have you stopped beating your wife'?
The presuppositon there being that you have indeed been beating your wife..
Thus for one who has never beaten his wife the question is nonsensical.

Peace!
Yes, you are. You are avoiding answering my question for the simple reason that you can't. Which proves that the wine does not turn into blood.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, you are. You are avoiding answering my question for the simple reason that you can't. Which proves that the wine does not turn into blood.

Your assertion that it is a lie proves nothing.
Jesus said 'this is my body' .
I believe Him!

Peace!

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your assertion that it is a lie proves nothing.
Jesus said 'this is my body' .
I believe Him!

Peace!
I have never talked about his body. All my comments were related to wine turning into blood. And your assertion that it is not a lie proves nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.