Why do we need priests?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proved me wrong!!!! The only thing you have proved is that you are a boring catholic that believes you are always right and everyone else is wrong. They are the worst kind of Catholics you can find.
I proved you wrong about the use of the terms "Teacher" and "Father" - and what Christ was telling the crowd.
YOU and others here erroneously believe that NOBODY is to be called Father or Teacher - and I showed you that this was NOT the point He was making.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He doesn't need the ability to do it because he doesn't do it. It is nothing more than the twisted perversion of the catholic church.
God doesn't "need" to do anything.
He doesn't "need" me - and He certainly doesn't "need" YOU.

God does things for OUR benefit - because He loves us.
We can either accept them or reject them as YOU have . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt that the catholic church is replete with mysticism and magic. So much for your lack of reality.
Uh huh - so WHY is it that these are the SAME Early Church Fathers that Protestants quote when they are trying to prove their doctrines??
Can YOU say, "Hypocrisy"?

Either they were just a bunch of LOST souls who were into hocus-pocus and idolatry - or they were REAL Christians.
If they were lost - then Jesus LIED in Matt. 16:18 when He said that the gates of Hell would NEVER prevail against His Church.

Are you prepared to make that claim?

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
WRONG.

This prohibition was against the consuming of the blood of ANIMALS because the life of the ANIMAL is in the blood and you don't want the life of an ANIMAL in you.
There is ONE person, however whose life you DO want in you - and that is Christ.

Just as the Passover lamb was to be eaten - so is our Paschal Lamb.

Hmmm . . . Romanist bel
WRONG.

This prohibition was against the consuming of the blood of ANIMALS because the life of the ANIMAL is in the blood and you don't want the life of an ANIMAL in you.
There is ONE person, however whose life you DO want in you - and that is Christ.
I don't see anything in that law that says anything about animal blood!!!

“‘I will set my face against any Israelite or any foreigner residing among them who eats blood, and I will cut them off from the people. For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life. Therefore I say to the Israelites, “None of you may eat blood, nor may any foreigner residing among you eat blood.” Lev 17:10

You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension!! And then you go onto declare that while eating animal blood is a sin, cannibalism is okay!!! Are you for real?? Duh!!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello marksman,

Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

Philip James>> "
That 'one loaf' that Jesus broke, gave to His disciples and said 'this is my body'."

Since when did unleavened bread come in a loaf?? <giggle>

And if someone holds up a piece of bread, and says 'this is my body', one would have to be pretty daft to not realize they taking symbolically!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm . . . Romanist bel

I don't see anything in that law that says anything about animal blood!!!

“‘I will set my face against any Israelite or any foreigner residing among them who eats blood, and I will cut them off from the people. For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life. Therefore I say to the Israelites, “None of you may eat blood, nor may any foreigner residing among you eat blood.” Lev 17:10

You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension!! And then you go onto declare that while eating animal blood is a sin, cannibalism is okay!!! Are you for real?? Duh!!
And this angry, ignorant rant is based on the fact that you simply don't know your Bible.

The Levitical Law against consuming blood is based on the earlier prohibition from Genesis.
It starts out talking about animals . . .

Gen 9:3-5

Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. “But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

THEN, he differentiates ANIMAL blood from HUMAN blood:
Gen. 9:6
“Whoever sheds HUMAN BLOOD, by humans shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind."

STUDY your Bible and stop embarrassing yourself . . .

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And this angry, ignorant rant is based on the fact that you simply don't know your Bible.

The Levitical Law against consuming blood is based on the earlier prohibition from Genesis.
It starts out talking about animals . . .

Yeah! Way back in Genesis! So what?

Now God has made a new and better law. And if you have a problem, then take it up with God!! Oops, that was disrespectful. You don't believe what God says in HIS word. You only believe what some homosexual pedophile priest tells you, in precedence over what GOD says. Do you really believe that God placed His truth in the hands of such hideous creatures??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah! Way back in Genesis! So what?

Now God has made a new and better law. And if you have a problem, then take it up with God!! Oops, that was disrespectful. You don't believe what God says in HIS word. You only believe what some homosexual pedophile priest tells you, in precedence over what GOD says. Do you really believe that God placed His truth in the hands of such hideous creatures??
I dunno - do YOU??
Evangelical Sex Abuse Record ‘Worse’ Than Catholic, Says Billy Graham’s Grandson
Protestant Churches Grapple With Growing Sexual Abuse Crisis : NPR

Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a ‘Catholic problem’
Child Sex Abuse More Prevalent Among Protestants Than Among Catholics
There Is More Sexual Abuse In The Protestant Churches Than Catholic
Catholic priests no guiltier of sex abuse than other clergy
Data Shed Light on Child Sexual Abuse by Protestant Clergy

Clean up
the mess in your OWN back yard before you go around pointing fingers . . .

As for the prohibition against consuming blood - it is CLEARLY against the blood of animals since consuming the blood of humans is already out of the question due to cannibalism, Einstein.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And if someone holds up a piece of bread, and says 'this is my body', one would have to be pretty daft to not realize they taking symbolically!

Dear Stan,
As the 2000 year old living witness of all the apostolic communities attests that the Holy One of Israel meant what He said, i think rather that it would 'pretty daft' to assume my own understanding supercedes the Faith of the Church.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Uh huh - so WHY is it that these are the SAME Early Church Fathers that Protestants quote when they are trying to prove their doctrines??
Can YOU say, "Hypocrisy"?

Either they were just a bunch of LOST souls who were into hocus-pocus and idolatry - or they were REAL Christians.
If they were lost - then Jesus LIED in Matt. 16:18 when He said that the gates of Hell would NEVER prevail against His Church.

Are you prepared to make that claim?

Are you prepared to admit that what you say is complete rubbish and we are not interested?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God doesn't "need" to do anything.
He doesn't "need" me - and He certainly doesn't "need" YOU.

God does things for OUR benefit - because He loves us.
We can either accept them or reject them as YOU have . . .
And you can accept them or reject them as you have.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I proved you wrong about the use of the terms "Teacher" and "Father" - and what Christ was telling the crowd.
YOU and others here erroneously believe that NOBODY is to be called Father or Teacher - and I showed you that this was NOT the point He was making.
What you have shown us is that when you get a bee in your bonnet nothing will move you.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why would you say that??

I know MANY poorly educated Protestants who don't know their faith either.
What does that say about Protestantism??

Why would I say that? Because as a trained teacher it is obvious. And I am delighted that you think poor and uneducated protestants are justification for uneducated Catholics.

Once again, you don't accept responsibility for the failings of the catholic church. Blame the protestants. They are the cause of all the problems.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is not a reply to the list of Early Church Fathers given by BofL, it's an excuse. Worse, it's an insult to everything the ECF wrote about and stood for. Your man made system is divorced from the early church and you are too proud to admit it. Your accusation of "replete with mysticism and magic" is stupid and absurd.

What does BofL mean and what does ECF mean? And for your information, I have not made any system in any shape or form.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello marksman,

I'm talking about this:

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

That 'one loaf' that Jesus broke, gave to His disciples and said 'this is my body'.

Peace be with you!

And what did he mean when he said this is my body? And don't forget I have studied NT Greek.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you have shown us is that when you get a bee in your bonnet nothing will move you.
Look, if you can't accept the fact that you have been proven wrong about Matt. 23:8-9, then there's not much else I can do for you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I say that? Because as a trained teacher it is obvious. And I am delighted that you think poor and uneducated protestants are justification for uneducated Catholics.

Once again, you don't accept responsibility for the failings of the catholic church. Blame the protestants. They are the cause of all the problems.
WRONG.

I don't blame Catholic Church for ignorant Catholics - NOR do I blame Proestant sects for ignorant Protestants.

Individials are responsible for what they choose to know.
As a teacher - YOU should know this . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what did he mean when he said this is my body? And don't forget I have studied NT Greek.
Interesting.
Then, the following Bible and Linguistics Lesson should just be nothing more than stuff you ALREADY know . . .

As for your question - here is what it means:
This is my body
τοῦτο ἐστιν τὸ σῶμ

This, these (τοῦτο )
Is
, to be, to exist (ἐστιν)
My
, this, that, these (τὸ)
Body
both of men or animals (σῶμ)

In John 6, Jesus stated in NO uncertain terms: “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.”

Interestingly enough - the usual Greek word used for human eating is “phagon”. However, this is not the word used in these passages. John uses the word, “trogon”, which means, to munch or to gnaw - like an animal rips apart his food. Jesus was again using hyperbole as he often did to drive his point across so that the crowd would understand that he was NOT speaking metaphorically. He meant what he said.

Them's the Greek facts . . .
Just as the Passover Lamb was to be eaten, it is also true for the Lamb of God.

Reactions: Philip James
Status
Not open for further replies.