Why Do We Shoot Our Wounded?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But why a female Holy Spirit bothers me so much, I have no idea.

It should bother you, so should the other characters in the book, because it is contradicts the Bible as to what the essence, nature, plan & purpose of God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit is.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Shall I tell you what you sound like?

I think my skin is thick enough, go for it...but don't be offensive okay lol

Just saying, you both seem to like the same things and agree on the same things.

Reactions: Willie T

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think my skin is thick enough
I know the meaning of your comparison , since you've ripped our brother Core Issue calling him unChrist like for pointing out the false teachings of Jehovah witness cult in an Apologetic thread and I never heard you repent of that.
;) I recognize CoreIssue is anchored in sound doctrine & shares good Godly resources--- and liberal Christians hate that, so though you mean't it not as a complement , I take it as such.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know the meaning of your comparison , since you've ripped our brother Core Issue calling him unChrist like for pointing out the false teachings of Jehovah witness cult in an Apologetic thread and I never heard you repent of that.
;) I recognize CoreIssue is anchored in sound doctrine & shares good Godly resources--- and liberal Christians hate that, so though you mean't it not as a complement , I take it as such.

Everyone needs a friend... :)

You may not have seen all of our conversations across a few of the threads...
But I asked him why he never ever posted anything encouraging, uplifting, or of good report.,..but always , always, everything negative and what is wrong with the church.

We can all see what is wrong...most on here have walked with the Lord for almost 60 years...we know all the negatives ...Paul tells us to encourage and build up the body of Christ...
Paul in Philippians 4 says to dwell on the good ,true, honest, pure, lovely, if there be any virtue , praise ...think on these things...

You have not been here long...but this used to be a good Site of bible studies and edifying discussions. There is not much of that going on any more.
Any church group that was fed only a diet of what is wrong with every denomination and cult would soon wither and die. A strong church group has a balance of worship , teaching , bible study and encouragement of looking to God and walking in His steps.

But, each to their own. Enjoy...
Bless you...

B

Butterfly

View attachment 6123 Can't believe the people that liked the Shack . The author has psychological issues because of being sexually abused by the tribal people his parents were being missionarys to. He came out of his childhood with some very unbiblical spiritual beliefs. His depiction of God & the trinity is a God of man's own image and is promoting Another God the Father, another Jesus,and another Holy Spirit and a false gospel . The author is a universalist. I thought he also had no skill as a writer.
It's pretty obvious from your post that you have never listened to his testimony. You state that he came out of his childhood with some very unbiblical spiritual truths , due to child abuse- do you know that those beliefs changed , which means that original he came out of child abuse with similar beliefs to you . The book was written after God had healed him from the past abuse. Also he has neever claimed to be a skilled writer, the book was originally written to his children - and if you had heard his testimony you would know how and why it became a best seller.
It's clear that this will not make you change your mind, but if you are going to form judgments about people I suggest you read ' thier ' testimony first, it might help you to understand the book.
Rita

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Willie T and Helen

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's pretty obvious from your post that you have never listened to his testimony. You state that he came out of his childhood with some very unbiblical spiritual truths , due to child abuse- do you know that those beliefs changed , which means that original he came out of child abuse with similar beliefs to you . The book was written after God had healed him from the past abuse. Also he has neever claimed to be a skilled writer, the book was originally written to his children - and if you had heard his testimony you would know how and why it became a best seller.
It's clear that this will not make you change your mind, but if you are going to form judgments about people I suggest you read ' thier ' testimony first, it might help you to understand the book.
Rita
"Pretty obvious" sorry, that's wrong- I did see the interviews--plural with him and I read his testimony in several places. I probably spend more on research and I base my opinions by comparisons of his views, by the content of the book, and comparing it with the truth in God's Word -i.e. the Bible. My opinion is based upon the observations & knowledge of the effects of the results of the his dysfunctional family, the childhood sexual abuse at the hands of a primitive tribe & the spiritual influences of the tribe that long after effected him and I concluded he needed more counselling/therapy. As far as writing that book after God "healed" him, the God of the Bible did not lead him to write that book ,nor to describe the Godhead as he did, which contradicts the Bible, because God doesn't contradict Himself, nor present a different Jesus,--no matter whether some get comfort from the spiritual contradictions within this contemporary book or not.
The Most High Holy God wrote one book, revealing Himself, His beloved Son, Jesus Christ, and His plan by through the Holy Spirit - that is called the Bible and He doesn't tell people- oh that's not really what I meant..." That novel became a best seller because this is a fallen world, that is in rebellion, most people prefer God to be change rather then themselves.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I apologise X
We will just have to agree to disagree with regards what God can use X
Rita

AND @tzcho2

The thing is, we can all get legalistic about what God say or does.
But the POINT is tzcho who are we to say who God choses to touch and HOW??

Who knows how many of "that fallen world" you mention got spoken to or touched via that book.
I think I know how you felt about it.
First time around I found it shocking that he would take so much liberty with the godhead.
But lets face it and be honest... maybe, just maybe God used that book to speak to people just as He used a poor old donkey to speak to someone.

God does do what He likes, when He likes and how He likes...and He doesn't check with us first!!!
We are very quick to speak for God and say what He would do and what He wouldn't do!!!

For you, that book was wrong...but for many it may have been a word to their very heart. It may have been the first stirring toward considering the things of God. Many "out there" think of God as far away and unapproachable...
The thing is...we do not know...Only time will tell.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone needs a friend... :)

You may not have seen all of our conversations across a few of the threads...
But I asked him why he never ever posted anything encouraging, uplifting, or of good report.,..but always , always, everything negative and what is wrong with the church.
We can all see what is wrong...most on here have walked with the Lord for almost 60 years...we know all the negatives ...Paul tells us to encourage and build up the body of Christ...
Paul in Philippians 4 says to dwell on the good ,true, honest, pure, lovely, if there be any virtue , praise ...think on these things...
You have not been here long...but this used to be a good Site of bible studies and edifying discussions. There is not much of that going on any more.
Any church group that was fed only a diet of what is wrong with every denomination and cult would soon wither and die. A strong church group has a balance of worship , teaching , bible study and encouragement of looking to God and walking in His steps.
But, each to their own. Enjoy... Bless you...
That is too bad those bible studies are not going on, I agree with you, there. But to not see the value in applying biblical truth and using correction with scripture to distinguish that which is the opposite of what the Bible teaches? this is something more Christians should be able to do. There are many false teachers & heretical spiritual beliefs that are invading Christendom these days and we need to be aware of it, & obviously some are more aware then others.
I would wish for you, that you would realize your own mis-step & harsh misjudgment on a brother, instead of trying to justify it. Sorry, but it seems a tad self-righteous & hypocritical. False gospels and false teachings do not save people,they cause harm, do not lead to eternal life, they are a confusing deception which leads unto death. Some brethren have the gifts & knowledge to help others distinguish between false & sound teachings & to develop more spiritual discernment. We should let them do that unhindered & with our love and support.
Does it build up people to see them follow down a deceptive spiritual path and not show them another way to life eternal?
Is it "good, true, honest, pure, lovely, virtuous or praiseworthy "to let people be deceived by following, false teachings, or a False gospel? It would seem you think sometimes it is, others of us have been given a soulful burden about this. Could it be God is using each according to their gifts?

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AND @tzcho2

The thing is, we can all get legalistic about what God say or does.
But the POINT is tzcho who are we to say who God choses to touch and HOW??

Who knows how many of "that fallen world" you mention got spoken to or touched via that book.
I think I know how you felt about it.
First time around I found it shocking that he would take so much liberty with the godhead.
But lets face it and be honest... maybe, just maybe God used that book to speak to people just as He used a poor old donkey to speak to someone.

God does do what He likes, when He likes and how He likes...and He doesn't check with us first!!!
We are very quick to speak for God and say what He would do and what He wouldn't do!!!

For you, that book was wrong...but for many it may have been a word to their very heart. It may have been the first stirring toward considering the things of God. Many "out there" think of God as far away and unapproachable...
The thing is...we do not know...Only time will tell.
You are speaking for God all the time, in your posts, & handing out judgment too, I might add, but then criticizing others for being too legalistic?
No I don't think God is using this book anymore then I think GOD is using Oprah to teach people about God.
Listen, you are spiritually mistaken if you think a false image of God --leads to the real God.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are speaking for God all the time, in your posts,

Whatever.
But that just shows that you have read very few of what I post on here. So you are in no place to judge..

Not many, (but a few do, counted on one hand) ..actually say- " I do not know" God has not showed me yet..."
I am one of the few that often says that > "I have an opinion but I do not know, only God knows..."

So how you can say I speak for God , I have no idea!! How clever of you...
But, If I am speaking "for God all the time"...woe be you for not harkening!! :D

Reactions: Willie T

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever.
But that just shows that you have read very few of what I post on here. So you are in no place to judge..

Not many, (but a few do, counted on one hand) ..actually say- " I do not know" God has not showed me yet..."
I am one of the few that often says that > "I have an opinion but I do not know, only God knows..."

So how you can say I speak for God , I have no idea!! How clever of you...
But, If I am speaking "for God all the time"...woe be you for not harkening!! :D
It seems to me you promote a more liberal view of God and of scripture, and have not viewed it favorably when others take a literal hermeneutical interpretation of the Bible, so perhaps it is unconscious but you subtlely label them negatively. It seems you don't want others to address false doctrines or teachings because that gets labeled as legalism by you. Technically that is not what legalism means anyway.
I don't expect you to agree with me and I am fine with that, but I don't expect to get negatively labelled for presenting a different view then liberal Christianity. "How clever you are" was not meant as a kind remark. I am not clever, but sorry, I do spot the veiled insults or subtle snark. The problem I have with the liberal form of christian liberal tolerance is it is superficial imho, and it has a thin veneer which embraces false teachings or is silent but disdains Christians who stick closely with scripture giving then negative labels. I see that as the hypocrisy of liberalism. I'm trying to make a point here. Grace & christian love should be administered equally towards those with conservative views.
Shalom!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem I have with the liberal form of christian liberal tolerance is it is superficial imho, and it has a thin veneer which embraces false teachings or is silent but disdains Christians who stick closely with scripture giving then negative labels. I see that as the hypocrisy of liberalism. I'm trying to make a point here. Grace & christian love should be administered equally towards those with conservative views.
Shalom!

See, you have no idea what I "tolerate" or don't tolerate...
I have never ever said that they are not false teaching...find me one post where I have said that?
What I have said before is..all these video's and posts about them all is nothing more that "preaching to the choir".

Just tell then, how many times do you personally need to hear about, or watch video's against Catholics, Jehovah Witnesses, Bible Students, Seventh Day Adventists, Latter Day Saints, Pentecostals, etc before you are persuaded in your own heart about their teachings? How often do you need to have that repeated to you?
Do you need to continually prove to yourself that they are all wrong?
No I doubt it...neither do the rest of us!

Again I say..nowhere can you show me where I am liberally saying.." Let's go and hug a Muslim and all the others in the list. "

Please go ahead and quote back my liberalism to me?
Show me the list.
If indeed you can, then I need to back back and correct my posts to say what I do believe.