Why Do We Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their reality ie, how they saw themselves and God became distorted/unhinged....their actions became congruent with how they saw ie, broken....do, do, do was now they MO rather than be, be, be. Their MO was now doing to get as opposed to being to become (these are loaded statements).....and in the process diminishment of the whole order under their control.

I do get the do do to be be, thanks. My understanding is they received a nature at the fall. I see everything coming from nature-through a nature now not just a created soul. Thanks for your answer, I like hearing how others see the fall there is not a lot written on it somewhat. But I always feel the Lord has given enough (written) in an area for a believer to know.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all this verse in John 1:1 was originally written in Greek. So the first time the word, "Theos(God)" is used in that Scripture the word, "the" comes before it, showing that the Word was with the God, so the first part of John 1:1 "In the beginning was the word, and the Word was with the God." So if anyone is saying that God is the Word then that first part of John1:1 they're contradicting it. When it comes to the last part of that scripture at John 1:1 it isn't contradicting the first part that says the Word was with the God but is saying that the Word is a God or divine or god-like. People, humans contradict Scripture by their interpretations which they would be doing of that first part of John 1:1 if they interpreted that the Word was God.

No one is saying that "the God of part a of the verse is the Word! That is the Watchtower indoctrination coming out!

The Word is not "a" god- for according to SCripture that would make Him a false god for there is only ne true God.

It also does not mean "god like" for there is no comparative term in the sentence. That is another watchtower addition.

He is God (divine) , just as "the God" is divine!

That is why in JOhn 2 the Apostle said Jesus was equal to HIs Father
That is why Jesus said He and His Father are one (not in union as the Watchtower falsely translates that passage)
and in Hebrews even more powerfully it says Jesus is the "express image" of God.

Once again you ignore the fact that god is a word to describe a"person" and a "nature".

And no people do not mi-interpret John 1:1 when they tranlsate it as "The Word was God". Because it has no definite article it is an anarthrous, but also because it is a qulaitative (adjectival ) oun, it appears specificaaly without an indefinite article in English.

Once again teh Watchtower has deceived you in how anarthrous nouns are translated in this instance.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken, I'm pretty sure that you sin sometimes.

I'm sure that I do not Sin.
I am a Gentile. My sins were NOT according to Mosaic Law, i.e. Laws of the Tribes of Israel.
My sins "were":
• Being naturally born in Sin.
• Not believing IN God, IN Christ Jesus.
• Corrupting my soul BY Disbelief.

Jesus Offered me a WAY, to be Forgiven,
OF All my Sins- Corruption OF my Soul and For having HAD Disbelief.

• I learned About God, About Jesus, About Christ, and Chose to Believe IN The Whole of Them who IS He; the Lord God Almighty, Creator and Maker of All Things.
• I accepted The Lord Jesus Offer, to be Forgiven, and His internal Power (Spirit) to KEEP me from Ever again Disbelieving (committing Sin) IN Him.

I know exactly what WAS my Sin Against God...and Trust His Word, He has Forgiven me my Sin Against Him Once, and Forever Keeps me from Ever Again committing Sin Against Him. Freed from Sin.

If you are Under Mosaic Law...then certainly by Mosaic Law, men sinned against men, and men forgave men for sinning Against them...according to Mosaic Law.

Me...Gentile...my Sin was Against God, that Only God could forgive...and Did.

I can Trespass against men, and they can forgive me or not.
Men can Trespass against me, and I can forgive them or not.
But I can not Sin against men.
And men cannot forgive me of Sin.
And my SIN AGAINST God IS Forgiven Forever.

Eph 2:
[1] And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Trespasses
And
Sins
Two different things.

Once a man is IN Christ, PRAY ye like this:

Matt 6:
[9] After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
[10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
[11] Give us this day our daily bread.
[12] And forgive us our debts, (trespasses) as we forgive our debtors.(trespassers)
[13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

[14] For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (your trespasses against men)
[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Trespasses....Not sins.
A man saying such prayer is already forgiven their Sin Against God.

Remember...men do not Have to forgive Trespasses against them...and other men do not have to forgive a man's trespasses against them...
But if you Do forgive men's traspasses against You...God will (whether or not men will) forgive your trespasses Against men.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again the only person who never sinned was Jesus Christ.