Why do you feel it is so hard to be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Of course we should reference the Bible, that is, concerning the Bible believing Christians. But not those who have other books other than the Bible or in addition to it. Besides, concerning the true and legitimate children of God, they have the Holy Spirit in them and the spiritual gifts such as of divine love. And that makes a lot of difference in their discernment of what is good and being good. That is one aspect of their sanctification as children of God.
There is always the but, for those that do not want to obey Christ. The Holy Spirit in them....there is no test or gauge for that. All we know is that the Holy Spirit is not going to tell people that it is ok to do drugs or to be LGBTQ or murder babies. Ways of getting around being good and doing good.
Ways of getting around being good and doing good? Nope.

<<<All we know is that the Holy Spirit is not going to tell people that it is ok to do drugs or to be LGBTQ or murder babies. >>>

Not us, but perhaps you. You can speak for yourself sir. Do you not believe that with the Christians, there is such thing as growing to maturity in the Spirit, which has to do with discernment of good and evil?

Does the Bible tell you whether making test tube babies is good or evil? Now does the Holy Spirit in you tell you, it that is good or is evil?

Tong2020 said:
Am I not been honest to you? Why do you seem to imply by your question that I am not being honest? Do you take me as honest if I agree with what you say and as dishonest of I don’t?
No, it is in context with what I said....this supposed confusion seems somewhere between odd and dishonest. Christ said His yoke is easy and His burden is light. And no matter what....as shocking as it may seem....He was telling the truth. It is not hard to be good and it is not hard to do good. And it should not be a surprise that that is what He expects of us. People suggest that it is somehow wrong to obey Christ. Self centered to obey Christ. Self edifying to obey Christ. AND THEN...Be honest, were would such a message come from? They do not get this from the scriptures. There is nothing in the scriptures about sin and sin some more and Christ promises evildoers with heaven.

The honesty....there can be no argument....The Bible....Christianity is not about tolerating or rewarding sin and evildoers. Heaven is not the reward for sin and evildoers. Be good and do good. For the true believers in Christ....that is the best message and is totally in agreement with the scriptures.

<<<Christ said His yoke is easy and His burden is light. And no matter what....as shocking as it may seem....He was telling the truth. It is not hard to be good and it is not hard to do good.>>>

Of course Jesus is telling the truth and was not lying when He said “His yoke is easy and His burden is light.” But the matter is what truth was He telling there? Was it to do good and be good? Was it that it is not hard to do good and to be good? I’d say that is out of the context or is not the point.

Tong
R4323

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<<Christ said His yoke is easy and His burden is light. And no matter what....as shocking as it may seem....He was telling the truth. It is not hard to be good and it is not hard to do good.>>>

Of course Jesus is telling the truth and was not lying when He said “His yoke is easy and His burden is light.” But the matter is what truth was He telling there? Was it to do good and be good? Was it that it is not hard to do good and to be good? I’d say that is out of the context or is not the point.
"His commandments are not burdensome, because everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith." 1 John 5:3-4

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a big difference between predestination and clairvoyance. The purpose and intent of each is very different. There is a big difference in God knowing the future and God making all of reality and orchestrated puppet show.
I guess you don't really grasp the concept of predestination. It is obvious in your responses. It's okay.
Nice talking to you. See you in our predestined home in heaven at the predestined time when the predestined last trumpet blows! ;)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about no longer being under the governance of the law?
It depends on what you mean by that. As I pointed out in my post, the law is no longer the sole source of instruction in righteousness. And so we are not governed by it in that sense. Now the Holy Spirit speaks the righteousness commanded in the law to our hearts and minds. Paul refers to that this way......

"...we have been released from the law, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code." Romans 7:6
Ultimately, mere written words alone have no power to govern fallen flesh. The old covenant proved that. Only the word of God spoken through the Spirit can do that. The Spirit, in effect, writes the commands of God on our hearts. The power is in the Spirit, not the written words.

Reactions: Gospel Believer

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

"His commandments are not burdensome, because everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith." 1 John 5:3-4
To whom was Jesus talking to when He said His yoke is easy and His burden is light? Were they born of God?

Tong
R4326

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
How about no longer being under the governance of the law?
It depends on what you mean by that. As I pointed out in my post, the law is no longer the sole source of instruction in righteousness. And so we are not governed by it in that sense. Now the Holy Spirit speaks the righteousness commanded in the law to our hearts and minds. Paul refers to that this way......

"...we have been released from the law, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code." Romans 7:6
Ultimately, mere written words alone have no power to govern fallen flesh. The old covenant proved that. Only the word of God spoken through the Spirit can do that. The Spirit, in effect, writes the commands of God on our hearts. The power is in the Spirit, not the written words.
I can see that you skipped the majority of my post. Well,……:until then.

Tong
R4327

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See you in our predestined home in heaven at the predestined time when the predestined last trumpet blows! ;)
The plan is predetermined, not who participates in it. Don't confuse that with God who, in his foreknowledge, knows ahead of time who will believe in Christ and, therefore, be chosen to participate in that predetermined plan.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see that you skipped the majority of my post. Well,……:until then.

Tong
R4326
Apparently, you have 24 hours out of every day to post on a forum. I don't. You'll just have to be patient. Don't let the space between my chances to address your contentions make you think you some how 'got me'. It's apparent to me that's the only reason you're here.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how about that part “under grace”?
The grace of God's forgiveness makes it so you are not under the condemnation of the law anymore. Acts of the Apostles 13:39

The grace of God in the crucifying of the flesh makes it so the law no longer seizes the opportunity to make me sin. Romans 7:8

The grace of God in fulfilling the requirements of the Sabbath and Festival cycle makes it so I am no longer obligated to do through the literal letter of the law that which has already been done for me through Christ and His Sacrifice. 1 Corinthians 5:7-8

The grace of God in the giving of the Holy Spirit set me free from the powerlessness of mere written words alone to live a holy life. Romans 7:6

It means no longer being under the condemnation of the law.

It means no longer being under the power of the law to hold you in bondage to sin.

It means no longer being under obligation to the literal Festival and Sabbath cycle.

It means no longer having only the written word of the law to lead you into righteous living.

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Apparently, you have 24 hours out of every day to post on a forum. I don't. You'll just have to be patient. Don't let the space between my chances to address your contentions make you think you some how 'got me'. It's apparent to me that's the only reason you're here.
Got you? Not ever my intention sir.

Tong
R4328

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
How about no longer being bound by the Law?
Pay attention. I told you what it means to not be bound by the law.
To those who know the Law, Paul said, the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives. That means he is bound by the Law. Paul said of the Christian, that he have become dead to the Law through the body of Christ. As such he is no longer bound by the law; he is free and released from the Law and no longer is held by it. He is no longer under the dominion of the Law; no longer have under the authority and control of the law; the law no longer have power over him; the law no longer rule over him.

Tong
R4329

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To those who know the Law, Paul said, the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives. That means he is bound by the Law. Paul said of the Christian, that he have become dead to the Law through the body of Christ. As such he is no longer bound by the law; he is free and released from the Law and no longer is held by it. He is no longer under the dominion of the Law; no longer have under the authority and control of the law; the law no longer have power over him; the law no longer rule over him.
The mistake most Christians make is they think all this means they do not have to do anything the law says, period. But, as I'm showing that's not what not being under the law means at all. Not even close! In fact, Paul is very clear when he says faith in Christ upholds/establishes the law of Moses—Romans 3:31. Christians simply do not know what that means. Most seem to not even know Paul said that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not even close! In fact, Paul is very clear when he says faith in Christ upholds/establishes the law of MosesRomans 3:31. Christians simply do not know what that means. Most seem to not even know Paul said that.
You are saying here that Paul is telling us that our faith in Christ actually then puts us under the Mosaic Law?

Rather, recognizing the necessity of faith shows the validity of the Law.

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To whom was Jesus talking to when He said His yoke is easy and His burden is light? Were they born of God?

Tong
R4326

It does not matter?....it is a fact.
Strange as it may seem....Christ actually tells the truth.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
↓↓↓
You flipped this around.

I wonder how many people notice things like that. I see stuff like that all the time.

Tong
R4328

Tong2020 said:
↓↓↓
Tong2020 said:
Your comments on each of the list items that you made in separate posts affirms that I got you right.

@Ferris Bueller

Your comments on each of the list items that you made in separate posts affirms that I got you right.

Now, item 3&4 obviously runs contradictory to each other. It’s either God is a failure or not, at some point as pertains to achieving His purpose in disciplining His children. It is either He is a good and perfectly effective Father to His children or not. At least that is how I know my God.

Just saying.

Tong
R4192

You said, "got you" as a "gotcha" thing. He said "got you" as an I understand thing.

So you've found a way to misuse his words in a way to make him appear to contradict himself. Bravo!

I mean,

Don't let the space between my chances to address your contentions make you think you some how 'got me'. It's apparent to me that's the only reason you're here.

Are you really saying "got me" the same way he said it before, that you think the only reason he's here is to understand you? I didn't think so.

Like I said, I see this a lot.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gospel Believer

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The plan is predetermined, not who participates in it. Don't confuse that with God who, in his foreknowledge, knows ahead of time who will believe in Christ and, therefore, be chosen to participate in that predetermined plan.

What? So you are saying God doesn't know who will be saved or who He will use to act His plan out? He does, otherwise His plan is incomplete, not perfect. That falls under God's omniscience and sovereignty.
Your name was written in the Book of Life before the foundation of the world. It is difficult to get our minds around that concept, it is above our ability really, so don't stress. There is a point at which we reach mental incompetence. Listen to God's conversation with Job. "Where were you when I created this world, the great creatures the constellations, etc. ...".
Here's one for you, a hypothetical conversion between God and man. He decides to share His plan with us. Now we can take notes, power up our computers, whatever. Okay ready? The Almighty begins His teaching: "Today I am going to introduce to you 7.8 billion people and give you each of their life's story AND what will happen to them and when and how they will die. Tomorrow will be another topic so make sure you memorize everything I tell you today because tomorrow we'll start to organize how all this will take place, since that are not born yet ... got it?"

What Does the Bible Say About God Knew Us Before We Were Born?

Last edited: