Why do you feel it is so hard to be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you claim you were a tare.

Who sowed the tares? Who are the tares?

In effect, you claim to have been sowed a tare and grew up to be wheat. Transformed you say. But that is only your claim. And it such claim does not make true that the tares sowed by the devil in the parable can grow to be wheat.

<<<Stop going beyond the intent of the parable.>>>

What? Stop going beyond the intent of the parable? Tell us please, what is the intent of the parable that you are referring to not go beyond?

Besides, do you have a better explanation of the parable than Jesus?

Tong
R4638
Something tells me you've never had the born again experience. If you had, you'd know exactly what it's like to be a tare and a child of the devil one day and a fruit bearing stalk of wheat and a child of God the next. You don't seem to be able to relate. There's some things that you just have to experience to know. Not picking on you, friend. I just want you to know the truth about this and not be deceived into thinking you're saved if you're really not.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody ends up being lost and belonging to the devil and his kingdom (except John the Baptist). And so all need to be saved and transformed, and translated into the kingdom of God. What makes you think you're different, a stalk of wheat from birth? You need to be transformed just like the rest of us.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

Who sowed the tares? Who are the tares?

In effect, you claim to have been sowed a tare and grew up to be wheat. Transformed you say. But that is only your claim. And it such claim does not make true that the tares sowed by the devil in the parable can grow to be wheat.

<<<Stop going beyond the intent of the parable.>>>

What? Stop going beyond the intent of the parable? Tell us please, what is the intent of the parable that you are referring to not go beyond?

Besides, do you have a better explanation of the parable than Jesus?
Something tells me you've never had the born again experience. If you had, you'd know exactly what it's like to be a tare and a child of the devil one day and a fruit bearing stalk of wheat and a child of God the next. You don't seem to be able to relate. There's some things that you just have to experience to know. Not picking on you, friend. I just want you to know the truth about this and not be deceived into thinking you're saved if you're really not.
If such idea on me somehow makes you feel good, I don’t know…

Taking you back to the conversation, please tell, what is the intent of the parable that you are referring to not go beyond?

Also please tell, what is your explanation of the parable?

Tong
R4639

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Everybody ends up being lost and belonging to the devil and his kingdom (except John the Baptist). And so all need to be saved and transformed, and translated into the kingdom of God. What makes you think you're different, a stalk of wheat from birth? You need to be transformed just like the rest of us.
All I did was just echo what you said, that you claim to be a tare. I did not tell you, you are. That came from you.

I would like to believe you were one of the good seed, the wheat, that the Lord sowed, than were one of the tares that the devil sowed.

<<<Everybody ends up being lost and belonging to the devil and his kingdom (except John the Baptist). And so all need to be saved and transformed, and translated into the kingdom of God. What makes you think you're different, a stalk of wheat from birth? You need to be transformed just like the rest of us.>>>

As you correctly said, there is this transformation and translation into the kingdom of God, concerning those whom God saves. And that is taught elsewhere in scriptures, but not in the parable of the tares. So, apparently it would be helpful, that you tell us what is your understanding or what you do not understand, if any, of the parable, that you claim to be a tare.

Tong
R4640

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you don't know me at all, lol. Do you think I'm Ferris Bueller for nothing?

I don’t know anything about that guy other than he had a day off....I saw the movie....I don’t remember anything about it.....I think it was a decent movie—- I did not ask for my money back or anything.........

As a side note—- wanna see a REAL Bad Movie? “ Cry Macho”..... two hours that I will never get back....whew! I’m talking AWFUL! And I’m a huge fan of Eastwood....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Quote where I said that and we'll continue.
It was in one of your post, where you said you were once was a tare. You also take Paul as was once a tare.

Besides, having pointed that out in a number of my post, in which you did not deny. So, why the seeming need to know where you said that, for you to continue?

So please continue and respond to my other posts such as post #1246 and 1249.

Tong
R4650

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's code for 'how to sin all you want and still be a Christian because it's too hard to be good and do good', lol.

I can only respond to this on- going deception that is the Ignorant Fall Back position of EVERY Tare, Religionist and Legalist out there with the following ——

Check out Andrew Farley.....Rene Roland.....Les Feldick.....Ralph “ Yankee” Arnold and “Jesus Without Religion” ......

These are just a few of the Gifted Teachers That are available ....sent by God to rescue Paul’s Lost Gospel Of Grace that many here Reject.....They INSIST ( despite the warnings of Paul in Galatians) on ADDING to the Gospel with their “ Works” ( Lucky Repentance, etc) and unknowingly “ Fall From Grace” ...... let us hope that that is not the equivalent to Damnation—- many say that it is......

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only respond to this on- going deception that is the Ignorant Fall Back position of EVERY Tare, Religionist and Legalist out there with the following ——

Check out Andrew Farley.....Rene Roland.....Les Feldick.....Ralph “ Yankee” Arnold and “Jesus Without Religion” ......

These are just a few of the Gifted Teachers That are available ....sent by God to rescue Paul’s Lost Gospel Of Grace that many here Reject.....They INSIST ( despite the warnings of Paul in Galatians) on ADDING to the Gospel with their “ Works” ( Lucky Repentance, etc) and unknowingly “ Fall From Grace” ...... let us hope that that is not the equivalent to Damnation—- many say that it is......
The point is, BB, if a person finds it's too hard to be good they probably aren't born again. For the Christian, even with a besetting sin there is victory in other parts of the Christian's life to confirm the presence of God's grace. But the unchanged life is the unsaved life. God has yet to save that person from their sin. People need to know this so they can get saved and not be deceived into thinking they are saved when they really aren't.

Now let's head up to Fire Lake and get Uncle Joe!

Reactions: Grailhunter

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is, BB, if a person finds it's too hard to be good they probably aren't born again. For the Christian, even with a besetting sin there is victory in other parts of the Christian's life to confirm the presence of God's grace. But the unchanged life is the unsaved life. God has yet to save that person from their sin. People need to know this so they can get saved and not be deceived into thinking they are saved when they really aren't.

Now let's head up to Fire Lake and get Uncle Joe!

You know all of my positions on Christian Doctrine.....even though we disagree we have still arrived at the same point.....I don’t understand why you automatically think that I have a problem with “ being good” just because I don’t see “ being” good” as God's Recipe for Salvation—— it

“ Being Good” is something that SHOULD be a Natural RESULT Of Having God’s Holy Spirit within iyou....it’s like a guy who picks up a radioactive rock , puts it in his pocket and carries it around all of the time —- he may not know it and he may not like it , but the presence of that rock is GOING TO CHANGE him ......All I maintain is that the guy that gets the “ Rock” Of The Holy Spirit is going to be Transformed , but that “ Transformation” is NOT the vehicle that Saved Him.....his Faith in Christ did that, and for That FAITH PLUS NOTHING, God put out His Spirit in that man, and that Spirit - allowed to hang around long enough, by the Faith that got him that gift in the First Place — will see to it that the changes that “ GOD” is concerned with ( and maybe NOT the particular “ fruits” that the “ Fruit Inspectors” demand to see ) will take place.......The Self- Righteous “ Fruit Inspector” May get his panties in a wad, demanding that a smoker put down this cigarettes , but maybe God first wants to work on his patience or his temper ....internal things that may not be so obvious at first—- theNew Believer is being changed from the inside out( that “INSIDE of the cup” thing) .....

Not that it counts for anything, but as the world sees these things , I would be seen as quite the “ good” person——kind.....thoughtful.....constantly striving to live in a way that pleases my Father....EAGER to Forgive others ...slow to anger.....always trying to build other people up and compliment them whenever I can......Yes, Anybody that knows me knows that I ain’t perfect, but I AM a “ good” man.......

Many might disagree with my assessment of myself.....all that I can say is, if you think I am “ bad” now or do not even “ care” about being good or bad—- you should have seen me before I became a Believer and got God’s Holy Spirit in me! Whew! It was not good.....not even close.....

I am a BIG BobSeeger Fan, but my Favorite “ Uncle Joe” could always be found on “ Petticoat Junction”, a show that otherwise was ALMOST as bad as “ Cry Macho”........ Hahahahahahaha.....

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ Being Good” is something that SHOULD be a Natural RESULT Of Having God’s Holy Spirit within iyou....it’s like a guy who picks up a radioactive rock , puts it in his pocket and carries it around all of the time —- he may not know it and he may not like it , but the presence of that rock is GOING TO CHANGE him ......All I maintain is that the guy that gets the “ Rock” Of The Holy Spirit is going to be Transformed , but that “ Transformation” is NOT the vehicle that Saved Him.....his Faith in Christ did that, and for That FAITH PLUS NOTHING, God put out His Spirit in that man, and that Spirit - allowed to hang around long enough, by the Faith that got him that gift in the First Place — will see to it that the changes that “ GOD” is concerned with ( and maybe NOT the particular “ fruits” that the “ Fruit Inspectors” demand to see ) will take place.......The Self- Righteous “ Fruit Inspector” May get his panties in a wad, demanding that a smoker put down this cigarettes , but maybe God first wants to work on his patience or his temper ....internal things that may not be so obvious at first—- theNew Believer is being changed from the inside out( that “INSIDE of the cup” thing) .....
This theology is absolute nonsense, and Rev. 2-3 shows why: many truly converted Christians have fallen away from the truth and even actively opposed it because they didn't do their part in producing satisfactory works. Having the Holy Spirit does not magically make somebody do the right thing or believe the truth like you claim. The Holy Spirit can only guide someone in the right direction. The Christian still has to do their part and choose to do what is right and believe true doctrines, hence the words in Eph. 2:10 that many "Christians" love to ignore. I don't believe you even realize how absurd you sound when you make smoking sound like it's not a big deal compared to having a short temper of lacking patience.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. I don't believe you even realize how absurd you sound when you make smoking sound like it's not a big deal compared to having a short temper of lacking patience.

Do cigarette smokers go to Hell ?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
This theology is absolute nonsense, and Rev. 2-3 shows why: many truly converted Christians have fallen away from the truth and even actively opposed it because they didn't do their part in producing satisfactory works. Having the Holy Spirit does not magically make somebody do the right thing or believe the truth like you claim. The Holy Spirit can only guide someone in the right direction. The Christian still has to do their part and choose to do what is right and believe true doctrines, hence the words in Eph. 2:10 that many "Christians" love to ignore. I don't believe you even realize how absurd you sound when you make smoking sound like it's not a big deal compared to having a short temper of lacking patience.

<<<Having the Holy Spirit does not magically make somebody do the right thing or believe the truth like you claim.>>>

Magically, No. How about supernaturally?

Don’t you believe that the Holy Spirit who is God os the one who changes the man, even create anew?

<<<The Holy Spirit can only guide someone in the right direction.>>>

Is that what the Holy Spirit is for you and to you?

Curious.

Tong
R4669

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. Having the Holy Spirit does not magically make somebody do the right thing or believe the truth like you claim.

Unbiblical.If not for the Indwelling Holy Spirit , you would lack even the “ DESIRE” to do good....God orders us to be “good students of the Word”, so we do not have to “ stand ashamed” if we show our ignorance of that Word..... study a little harder and then maybe come back....