Why Do You Go to Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is where I'm at, too. Electronic fellowship has been good and beneficial for me all these years, in lieu of a brick and mortar church, but I sense it's time is coming to an end. I have two churches to attend in mind but I'm very hesitant and cautious to get involved in that again. I've been checking for God's direction so I don't end up regretting going back to church, again, like I have before. The last time being the final time, in my mind.

I just think there's really something very wrong with 'church' in America these days and I've dealt with the (false) guilt of not going to a physical church by realizing it's a very real problem and that it's not a new problem. I think the troubled days ahead are playing a part in what I think may be God drawing me back to face to face fellowship with believers again. But I'm not playing anymore of the church's games and I refuse to fellowship with lukewarm Christians who really don't have a spiritual life, and don't care to have one, and are just going to church because that's what they think they should do. Those kinds of Christians cause too much trouble in the church when you try to seek spiritual things while they have zero faith and desire to know and experience God beyond simply going to church and supporting the church's latest outreach.
I was already out due to occurrences in the place I was attending... but I was searching, visiting churches until the lockdown for Covid-19 began in early 2020. With that, God confirmed to me, what you have said here. I would still love to go to a physical church and worship God with other people who also really love God and are striving to surrender and follow Him.

On top of that, my one brother in the Lord in the flesh with whom I could comfortably and openly converse about God and the things of God died on 3-1-2020. I have not even tried to visit another assembly since then. Perhaps I will... but it may never happen. What is it that God wants from me? What does He want from us?

Reactions: Ferris Bueller