Why do you think so many people find prayer so challenging?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rmoore1021

Jan 21, 2012
Most people believe prayer is a good thing but feel their prayer life could improve. What questions or obstacles have you faced when it comes to prayer?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestants are afraid that guidelines to prayer and written prayer are akin to praying in vain repetitions - despite the fact that most will sing worships songs over and over without blinking. I think this fear makes it difficult to grow in prayer - at least for me, without having a schedule and some material, I was not able to commit to a disciplined and eventually deep prayer life.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Most people believe prayer is a good thing but feel their prayer life could improve. What questions or obstacles have you faced when it comes to prayer?
The lack of discipline and commitment makes for a challenging and sometimes non-existent prayer life.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What questions or obstacles have you faced when it comes to prayer?

Time...sometimes we can get so busy as Christians or just with life itself that there is hardly any time left in the day for prayer. So I make it my number one priority and get up an hour earlier in the morning to spend time in prayer with God before work and also do the same before I go to bed. I pray as the HS prompts me during the day for someone or a situation or anything that is occurring in real-time. :)

Blessings!!!