Why do you think that GOD had Noah build the ark?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
We know that GOD had the
power to hold back the waters for Israel when she crossed the Red Sea. He certainly could have protected Noah and
the animals at the snap of His finger.
So why do you think GOD had Noah build the ark?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
We dont know why He does anything the way He does. Why doesn't God simply snap his fingers and all will be saved.

The best we can deduce is that scripture mentions God does a lot of these things so they can be observed by the Angelic realm .... it has to do with justice ...... ie God uses Justice in everything He does and somehow He is proving it to the Spiritual realm.

A couple of things come to mind about Noah's Ark
-first of all it was the only way of salvation at that time
-probably everyone on earth knew about the flood warnings and yet mocked Noah while he built the ark
-once the door was shut on the ark it began to rain (for the first time ever) ... and the world realized Noah was right
-but it was too late for salvation for those who did not beleive Noah or God
-the waters of Noah's flood are also alluded to in the NT water washing of baptism

I think there are a lot of similarities to be found today
-Christianity is a message about salvation from the next destruction of this ungodly world
-One day the door will be shut on salvation just like the door on Noahs Ark was shut
-by then it is too late .... we must make our free will decisions ahead of time .... not after the fact

1 Peter 3 18-22 gives us an informative glimpse
18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

Reactions: Born_Again

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, guysmith.

guysmith said:
We know that GOD had the
power to hold back the waters for Israel when she crossed the Red Sea. He certainly could have protected Noah and
Actually, BiggAndyy is not correct. The Scriptures DO tell us why God had Noach build the ark ("box"):

Genesis 6:14-7:4
14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.
17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons 'wives with thee.
19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.
21 And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.
22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
7:1 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
KJV

It doesn't have to be complicated, but God had Noach build the ark TO PRESERVE LIFE! That was GOD'S way for Noach to handle the Flood. In so doing, He not only taught Noach patience and faith, but He also made the first covenant with mankind.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Bigg, Arnie and Retro,

All of your responses have validity. I feel it was a test of Noah's faith. I raised the question to get insight from others.

Guy

I would like to elaborate on the test of faith revolving around Bible prophecy. As I stated, I believe that Noah's faith was being tested. I believe that Lot's faith was being tested and I believe that our faith is going to be tested with the start of the GT.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Guy
I partly agree with the testing of faith aspect ..... but to go along with what you said about Noah & Lot & similarities for the GT ..... I would think God would supply an "out" for us just like he did for Noah (build an ark) and Lot (walk away from the city)

So for end time Christians with faith .... I think he will somehow keep us safe , or a rapture , or whatever.

Otherwise he would be doing something contrary by making Christians suffer thru the GT

Is that what you are thinking also?

Or do you think we will have to endure the GT to prove our faith ?

Just wonderin'

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
You are very perceptive Arnie,

You stated: I partly agree with the testing of faith aspect ..... but to go along
with what you said about Noah & Lot & similarities for the GT
..... I would think God would supply an "out" for us just like he did
for Noah (build an ark) and Lot (walk away from the city)

My response: He has. The solution revolves are Zechariah 14:1-5.

You stated:
So for end time Christians with faith .... I think he will somehow keep us safe , or a rapture , or whatever.
Otherwise he would be doing something contrary by making Christians suffer thru the GT

Or do you think we will have to endure the GT to prove our faith ?

My response: God has provided an "out." Those believers which participate in this "out" will be required to take some physical action. The execution of this action will be this groups test of faith. The remainder of Christendom will have to endure the GT to prove their faith.

In the light of this thread, what do you see in Z14:1-5

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Jesus is our ark and he told us that the Just must live by faith and not by sight. Noah showed his faith by building an ark, just, because God said so, he took God at His Word, even though he could not see any flood, nor had he ever seen such a flow of water, but he walked by faith and not by sight. The ark lifted up Noah and those safely in the ark with him, up out of the sea that would destroy the unbelievers who rejected to BELIEVE God and mocked Noah. The door to the ark was shut by God. Then those who were carnal SEEN the flood and THEN believed because that is what those led of their flesh do, they must see a sign before they will believe in God.

We are also building an ark(body of Christ,temple of God) to abide in to be saved, for those in the ark(in Christ, in The Word) shall be CAUGHT UP out of the sea(ungodly world) to be saved from those who would not believe God and mocked those who did.
God will also be the one to SHUT the Door(Christ is the Door) to the womb of our mother heavenly Jerusalem when the FULLNESS(full term birth) of the Gentiles comes who have been born again from above in the image of Christ as the one new man Jew and Gentile male and female in The Word as the children of God and they will be caught up BEFORE the Great Tribulation which is the last 3-1/2 yrs.
Isa 66:7-9
7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
KJV

One thing we can be sure of.... if God spoke it, IT WILL COME TO PASS rather it is a promise too us or against those who continue to do wickedly.
God is not a fortune teller, He is the author of His Word and tells the end from the beginning because HE SHALL BRING IT TO PASS. So everything you read in the Bible is BY THE HAND OF GOD from Genisis to Revelation.

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
There has always been a holy seed, as long as it was since Adam bore Abel. This seed continued unti Noah, & then Shem, [ "Shemetic peoples"]...& continued through Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob until a Nation was formed....through David & THE SON OF DAVID; Jesus, & then the veil of the Temple was torn, & all people who believe became part of that Holy Seed....which is THE CHURCH today.

This is of Sovereign choosing. Did you ever consider that all of us have Noah's blood in us? ...Everyone on the Earth. Quite an important man...."Build an Ark?" when it had never rained?..I imagine multitudes came to see Noah's folly...& then wonder about all of those animals he boarded......& how or why they came to Noah.

Supernatural divided by FAITH! Noah.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
guysmith said:
. The solution revolves are Zechariah 14:1-5. ........ In the light of this thread, what do you see in Z14:1-5

Just a quick reply for now ..... starting around Zech 12 and to ch 14 the topic is about the descendants of David and the prophecy is concerning Israel and Jerusalem.

eg: ..... Zech 12:1 ...... A prophecy: The word of the Lord concerning Israel.

As North American Gentile Christians I have difficulty applying those prophecies to ourselves

talk later
arnie

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Instead of thinking God was testing Noah,,, how about God was testing the others. God had Noah do an outlandish thing - building the Ark. So everyone thought he was nuts,.. well alll but his family,,they helped, on Noah's word and so... his word must have carried weight even to those not of his family. Hence the test may have been a test of Noah's faith but perhaps a test failed by those that knew Noah and then denied him without proof or evidence that Noah had gone around the bend. Think of the miracles that happened along the way, for all to see.... the planks for the Ark suddenly appearing.. the animals coming in and not attacking the animals they normally fed on... or the noraml prey not running from the predators. And most likely there were even other miracles perhaps. The surrounding community had to be witness to these things... yet without proof or any evidence -- they denied Noah and so, denied Noah's God - Our Lord and Our God.

ON the other hand... maybe Noah was dancing around the area of the Ark acting crazy as a loon with a blow-fly up its nose just to freak the people out? nah!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Terry,

You stated: Instead of thinking God was testing Noah,,, how about God was testing the others.

My response: Good point. Let's run with this.

Let's say that at the last minute one of the others was thinking of changing their mind (assuming Noah would not exclude anyone even in the last minute). What would that person have to loose by getting on. If the flood didn't start he/she would have had a short vacation and some humble pie to eat. So pride probably played a big part in others not taking advantage of the situation?

It's possible that God had called others. Just for one reason or another, Noah was the only one to respond.

But back to Noah. The rain didn't begin for seven days after the door was closed. Those seven days must have been the longest. I can just hear his wife now. Talk about a real test of faith.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Arnie Manitoba said:
We dont know why He does anything the way He does. Why doesn't God simply snap his fingers and all will be saved.

The best we can deduce is that scripture mentions God does a lot of these things so they can be observed by the Angelic realm .... it has to do with justice ...... ie God uses Justice in everything He does and somehow He is proving it to the Spiritual realm.

A couple of things come to mind about Noah's Ark
-first of all it was the only way of salvation at that time
-probably everyone on earth knew about the flood warnings and yet mocked Noah while he built the ark
-once the door was shut on the ark it began to rain (for the first time ever) ... and the world realized Noah was right
-but it was too late for salvation for those who did not beleive Noah or God
-the waters of Noah's flood are also alluded to in the NT water washing of baptism

I think there are a lot of similarities to be found today
-Christianity is a message about salvation from the next destruction of this ungodly world
-One day the door will be shut on salvation just like the door on Noahs Ark was shut
-by then it is too late .... we must make our free will decisions ahead of time .... not after the fact

1 Peter 3 18-22 gives us an informative glimpse
18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.
He doesn't even "snap His fingers" for 1 to be saved. :)

Since the Holy Spirit has come, God's doings in the OT have been revealed in Christ. Prior to the Holy Spirit we had no understanding of all the types and shadows in the OT. Now, we see they all pointed to Christ. The Law and the Prophets have been completely fulfilled in Him.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
guysmith said:
Shalom arnie,

Do you think that Christ's prophetic instructions are exclusively for Israeli Jews?

Guy
No .... but I do see some are exclusively about Israel .... not the christian church ..... it is not always easy for us to differentiate ..... but we should try ..... 1900 years of christian eschatology has left out the Nation of Israel ..... cant blame them because Jerusalem was destroyed in Ad 70 and then came the scattering of the jews (which was prophesied) ...... and then starting in 1948 we have the re-gathering of the jews to the land (which was prophesied)

I guess what I am saying is that prophetic items such as the re-gathering are not prophecies directed at gentile North American Christians like you and me .

Yet are we partly involved ...... in the sense that we (Gentile Christians) support the Nation of Israel ..... in a world that mostly hates Israel and would like to destroy her again (also prophesied)

So amongst all that I try my best to differentiate between the two ..... not to say I have it completely figured out ..... but prophecy tends to fall into place when we distinguish between Israel and the church.

A lot of people think I do not realize that Jew and gentile are "one" under Christ .... but that is not the case at all. I completely understand and agree

The topic is not about salvation under Christ (for both jew and gentile) ...... but about unfulfilled prophecy SPECIFIC to Israel (and not the church)

For example .... some day the nations will invade Israel and Jerusalem ...... it does not say that the American Bible belt will be invaded .... or the Vatican ..... or the church of England ...... no .... it is specific to Israel.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
GUYSMITH

Right - the rain did not begin until after the door closed... so there was no instant changing of thier minds say... my bad. However while the animals were coing to the ark... these people certainly could have said unto them sleves.... what... am I dimber than a doh-doh bird or ceazyier than a loon? This means the time for their " my bad " was not at the coming of the rain for significant heads up - it was not at the closing of the door...

The nearby people were definately given a heads up as well as the farther distant people who heard about it. AND just like today.... the people are bing given a heads up, but they are ignoring it all the same.

Now GuySmith - here is a heads up for you.... in the post concerning the Pope I psoted a protest tot he forum. I gave inforrmation you should read. ( I would likle all the members to undersrtand the significaance of that post. Also I would appreciate it if the Forum realized the wisdom off my protest and repaired what they have been doing.

Not only is this issue of the Pope timely, but also economical timing is rearing its head as well as the abiltiy for one to be able to survive a depression or a depression like situation. See CONTROL of a government can exact as much damage to people as any depression. So.. there will be more problems arise than just the ones I stated. The animals are not headed to the Ark right now, but Noah is certainly covered in pitch.

For reasons of the possible speeding up of Biblical events and just so YOU can know... This means I do not expect ANYONE to accept this without consideration or to hold some skeptisizm.. in reality I condone it and would rather you do. I will most likely soon reveal at least one of the Two Witnesses and the visionj I saw telling me thier identity. I would have preferred that a proper test had been given, but of course oncee proven then there is no gift for acceptance. The Gift is that anyone accepting a prophert as a prophet receives a prophet's reward ------ Please give that GREAT consideration as we come ever closer to Tribulations. Please do not think for a moment in anyway I am trying to elevate myself.... I have accepted them - So I have a prophets reward !

Consider when you think I do this to elevate myself in any manner... THAT by allowing any or all of you to know the Two Witnesses that by accepting them... YOU RECEIVE THE SAME REWARD AS A PROPHET...IT ELEVATES YOU TO WHERE I AM AND WHERE THE TWO WITNESSES ARE !

EAXCTLY HOW IS THAT ME TRYING TO ELEVATE MYSELF? Here is wisdom... consider the GIFT as currency say it has a monetary value... now
if I was to give everyone I know the same amount of monetary currency as I have.... does that not elevate you to my level? Does it not lower me to the same level as all those that accept the gift? How can I be considered rich - when everyone surrounding me has as much wealth as I?

Another thought... when you consider me and my posts and my human errors then find skeptic reasons for my claim that I teach the Two Witnesses - consider - These Two Witnesses are not here to give ancient prophecies - but rather new prophecies - will these new prophecies align with the Word of God? Well who do you think will be telling these Two Witnesses the prophecy? - of course GOD. Am I here to teach prophecies old prophecies or new prophecies.... well in a word.. no. So what do I teach? - Those evil things of the world they should address - of course.

Finally.... look back at all those making all the false claims to elevatee them selves - none ever forwarded this wisdom... because they did not possess it. None of you - oh so willing to deny this with no proof or evidence understood this wisdom either. So consider where it must originate.

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Not one person here has mentioned the fact that Noah appears in a prophecy in Ezekiel 14 in which it states that he (or someone so like him as to stand in his place) along with Daniel and Job will be a part of the future Apocalypse together. They will exist together at the same time and this person will be one of the few that actually survives this event.

When you understand why Noah is mentioned there, you will understand it all.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Arnie,

Joel 2:32 And EVERYONE who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the Lord has said, among the survivors whom the Lord calls.

If you understand this concept of the "out," then you are being called. If you ignore this calling, then that is of your own choosing.

Guy

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted WORTHY to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Brothertom.

Brothertom said:
There has always been a holy seed, as long as it was since Adam bore Abel. This seed continued unti Noah, & then Shem, [ "Shemetic peoples"]...& continued through Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob until a Nation was formed....through David & THE SON OF DAVID; Jesus, & then the veil of the Temple was torn, & all people who believe became part of that Holy Seed....which is THE CHURCH today.

This is of Sovereign choosing. Did you ever consider that all of us have Noah's blood in us? ...Everyone on the Earth. Quite an important man...."Build an Ark?" when it had never rained?..I imagine multitudes came to see Noah's folly...& then wonder about all of those animals he boarded......& how or why they came to Noah.

Supernatural divided by FAITH! Noah.
LOL! You DO know that Abel was not the ancestor of Noah, right? Abel was killed before he had children. SETH was born to Adam to take Abel's place after Abel was killed. Just noticed this in re-reading your post.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
guysmith said:
We know that GOD had the
The answer is found in the fact that Noah was a type of Christ (in many ways).

Here are 2 clues.

Hebrews 11:7
7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Hebrews 3:6
6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.