Why do you think that GOD had Noah build the ark?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
guysmith said:
We know that GOD had the
power to hold back the waters for Israel when she crossed the Red Sea. He certainly could have protected Noah and
the animals at the snap of His finger.
So why do you think GOD had Noah build the ark?
At Genesis 6, it states that "when men started to grow in numbers on the surface of the ground and daughters were born to them, then the sons of God (angels who "left their original position" in heaven, Jude 6) began to notice the daughters of men, that they were good-looking; and they went taking wives for themselves, namely, all whom they chose."(Gen 6:1, 2)

These "sons of God", angels that left their heavenly position, for the wicked and distorted purpose of having sexual relations with women. Jude 7 says that they "committed fornication excessively and gone out after flesh for unnatural use". This union produced the Nephilim or "giant" sons, causing wickedness to exacerbate in the earth.(Gen 6:4) In the year 2490 B.C.E, Jehovah now said: "My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years."

Having seen all the vile acts and moral corruption caused by the wicked angels and their Nephilim sons, Genesis 6:5 says: "Consequently Jehovah saw that the badness of man was abundant in the earth and every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time", feeling "regrets" for having made man.(Gen 6:6)

Then Jehovah now says: "I am going to wipe men whom I have created off the surface of the ground, from man to domestic animal, to moving animal and to flying creature of the heavens, because I do regret that I have made them."(Gen 6:7) What God had created as "very good" when he had formed Adam and Eve at the end of the 6th "creative" day (Gen 1:31), now had turned to ruination.

Hence, Jehovah saw that there was one man, Noah, "a righteous man...(who) walked with the true God."(Gen 6:9) He then gave Noah the specifications for the ark, telling him: "The end of all flesh has come before me, because the earth is full of violence as a result of them; and here I am bringing them to ruin together with the earth."(Gen 6:13-16) The ark would comprise 1.4 million cubit feet of space.

Over a period of perhaps 50 years, Noah, along with his wife and their sons and their wives, built the ark, exercising faith that God said that he was "bringing...to ruin" all flesh, with the exception of those in the ark, with Jehovah now saying that "as for me, here I am bringing the deluge of waters (or, “the heavenly ocean.” Heb., ham·mab·bul´ ) upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens." (Gen 6:17) Then in Noah's 600th year (2370 B.C.E.), after the ark was now fully complete, Jehovah now caused the "springs of the vast watery deep" to break open and "the floodgates of the heavens were opened."(Gen 7:11)

"All flesh" outside the ark died.(Gen 7:21) This cataclysmic event was for the purpose of cleansing the earth of wickedness, though Noah warned all he met of the impending deluge, in which all were concerned with "eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away."(Matt 24:38, 39) Jesus said the same would be true during his (invisible) "presence" that began in 1914.(Matt 24:39b)

The vast majority of mankind would ignore all the evidence that we are living during Jesus "promised presence", for the apostle Peter wrote: "For you know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: "Where is this promised presence of his ? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as from creation's beginning."(2 Pet 3:3, 4)