Why do you vote for abortionists?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abortion is a political football that most Republican politicians and Republican leaders like to throw around and it goes nowhere fast. It's a political ploy for them to regularly utilize in order to maintain unwavering loyalty from their conservative (evangelical) Christian constituents.

Hello and welcome to C.B.!
You have brought up issues that so many are blind to!
Agreed, it is a wedge issue, they would not have much to stand on if they abolished their pet issue! I never understood why so many keep doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results. They will NEVER abolish R v W.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep... Free society down here in Australia...

Not
It's almost like here in America if you don't show up for jury duty, you don't have to vote but you have to serve as a juror, I'm against that, but if I don't show up when I'm called I can guarantee you the sheriff will be knocking on my door with an arrest warrant.

I've always voted since I turned 18, but since this last debacle where they stole the Presidency from Donald Trump, I'm no longer going to vote, it won't matter either ways, you'll never see another Republican President again, the powers that be fixed it so that it says the way it is.

I know for sure our ballots that had Trumps name on it for President got tossed out, my voting location is at the public school which is in walking distance why couldn't I wear a mask and go inside and vote? Because they wanted control over the ballots.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For the record and reminder...

Plenty of (elected and appointed) political reps from differing parties have contributed to Many stupid and unconstitutional laws...That some do and do not themselves follow.
And equally many political reps, of different parties engage in illegal acts.

Individuals are individuals, and ARE not BOUND to engage in many LAWFUL Stupid activities.

Just sayin...the issue hangs on the individual.

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's almost like here in America if you don't show up for jury duty, you don't have to vote but you have to serve as a juror, I'm against that, but if I don't show up when I'm called I can guarantee you the sheriff will be knocking on my door with an arrest warrant.

Jury duty is dreadful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Reactions: JohnPaul and Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Um..jury "duty"? You are sent a US mail "notice" of jury duty. It is regular mail box delivery, NOT certified delivery.
No they will not show up with an arrest warrant, because they have NO PROOF, you received, read or knew of the "notice".

I've always voted since I turned 18, but since this last debacle where they stole the Presidency from Donald Trump, I'm no longer going to vote, it won't matter either ways, you'll never see another Republican President again, the powers that be fixed it so that it says the way it is.

Agree. The whole voting "system" has become a widely, well known, JOKE, for decades, with "all the Dirty tricks on steroids", rolled out in the last Presidental Election.
And KUDOS to the CHEATERS, THIEVES, who got what they wanted and seated a bumbling puppet idiot. :rolleyes:

Reactions: JohnPaul

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, you're indifferent to God's children being murdered in the womb. Amazing.

I don't believe voting against abortionists is going to work. Isn't it true that at one time a long time ago abortion was illegal in this country but many many people were getting illegal abortions anyway? The fact it was illegal didn't stop a serious lot of people from getting abortions. You honestly think that simply voting against abortion is going to stop abortion? That didn't work before when it was illegal and I don't think it will work today.

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Roe v Wade is overturned, then it would not make abortion illegal throughout the U.S. Instead, the decision would go to the states on how to regulate abortion. No matter how hard pro-life conservatives push to overturn Roe v Wade, they will not wake up one morning with all the laws permitting abortion magically reversed. In fact, abortion is legal in 49 states (currently not legal in Texas), but many states do limit abortion after a certain point in pregnancy, allowing exceptions to protect the life of the mother and in cases of rape and incest. For further information on the abortion laws of each state, read this article: An overview of state abortion laws and abortion laws by state. The abortion law in Texas before it was outlawed: "Abortion is legal before 20 weeks of pregnancy. A licensed physician must perform the procedure. After 16 weeks, an abortion can only be done in an ambulatory surgical enter or a hospital. Minors are required to get consent from a parent or guardian. Patients are required to receive counseling and an ultrasound 24 hours before their abortion." Texas passed a Trigger law in June that would immediately go into effect if Roe v Wade was overturned by the Supreme Court. And finally, I recommend reading: Could Roe v. Wade Be Overturned? Very informative.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jury duty is dreadful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Tell me about it Maximum Velocity, plus I never got picked just sat there the entire day, in the Courthouse.

I believe it is against my religious belief in sitting there judging someone, but if I try to tell them that they'll think I'm just using it as an excuse to get out of jury duty.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um..jury "duty"? You are sent a US mail "notice" of jury duty. It is regular mail box delivery, NOT certified delivery.
No they will not show up with an arrest warrant, because they have NO PROOF, you received, read or knew of the "notice".

Agree. The whole voting "system" has become a widely, well known, JOKE, for decades, with "all the Dirty tricks on steroids", rolled out in the last Presidental Election.
And KUDOS to the CHEATERS, THIEVES, who got what they wanted and seated a bumbling puppet idiot. :rolleyes:
I know a guy who the Deputy showed up at his doorstep with an arrest warrant for not showing up for jury duty and he didn't even fillout the form they sent him. So you're telling me I can just trash the notice when it arrives and nothing will happen? If so that's what I'll do.

And how come my friend got arrested by the Sheriff's dept. for not showing up? If that were the case them not being able to prove you got the slip, then everyone would throw it out and not go.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know a guy who the Deputy showed up at his doorstep with an arrest warrant for not showing up for jury duty and he didn't even fillout the form they sent him. So you're telling me I can just trash the notice when it arrives and nothing will happen? If so that's what I'll do.

And how come my friend got arrested by the Sheriff's dept. for not showing up? If that were the case them not being able to prove you got the slip, then everyone would throw it out and not go.

Your knowledge/truth/understanding...IS expressly "according to your jurisdiction".
State, County, City laws and ordinances.
(How many potiental jurors are summoned..to be chosen for one case...
How many staffed police officers are dedicated to serving warrants to summoned potiental jurors.
There is in every Jurisdiction a gambit of specifics that includes, excludes potiental jurors.
Sure, there are "POTIENTAL" consequences for NOT responding to, or FALSELY responding to a "summons".
It's an individuals "choice" to decide his "OWN" risk.
You are aware, of a potiental ARREST risk, in your jurisdiction.
Perhaps you are also aware, of a potiental FINE risk, in your jurisdiction.
Then there is the consideration of the Summons itself. IF it is a summons to a Federal Case or a State Case.
My particular State, impresses a person may be subject to a FINE for not appearing. The FINE increases if a person chose to respond in writing, to be excused per FALSE information.
Federal Jurisdiction, is stricter for Not appearing, and may order a bench Arrest warrant to be served by a Sheriff and will likely also include a FINE.
Knowing the difference between a State and Federal Case, is typically known by WHICH court is doing the summoning.

You have expressed your concern, your potential risk, by what occured to another person. You did not reveal you based your concern on any particular, State or Federal Law. All State and Federal Laws, do not carte blanch apply the same to Every individual.

One person being arrested, does not automatically mean, that applies to every person. Every person does NOT have the SAME circumstances, which the authorities consider, before ordering a bench warrant for arrest.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your knowledge/truth/understanding...IS expressly "according to your jurisdiction".
State, County, City laws and ordinances.
(How many potiental jurors are summoned..to be chosen for one case...
How many staffed police officers are dedicated to serving warrants to summoned potiental jurors.
There is in every Jurisdiction a gambit of specifics that includes, excludes potiental jurors.
Sure, there are "POTIENTAL" consequences for NOT responding to, or FALSELY responding to a "summons".
It's an individuals "choice" to decide his "OWN" risk.
You are aware, of a potiental ARREST risk, in your jurisdiction.
Perhaps you are also aware, of a potiental FINE risk, in your jurisdiction.
Then there is the consideration of the Summons itself. IF it is a summons to a Federal Case or a State Case.
My particular State, impresses a person may be subject to a FINE for not appearing. The FINE increases if a person chose to respond in writing, to be excused per FALSE information.
Federal Jurisdiction, is stricter for Not appearing, and may order a bench Arrest warrant to be served by a Sheriff and will likely also include a FINE.
Knowing the difference between a State and Federal Case, is typically known by WHICH court is doing the summoning.

You have expressed your concern, your potential risk, by what occured to another person. You did not reveal you based your concern on any particular, State or Federal Law. All State and Federal Laws, do not carte blanch apply the same to Every individual.

One person being arrested, does not automatically mean, that applies to every person. Every person does NOT have the SAME circumstances, which the authorities consider, before ordering a bench warrant for arrest.
This true taken, my friend that got arrested for not showing up didn’t tell me if it was a federal, State or even County related so I wouldn’t know, and no longer have contact with the person who got arrested, I do know that I answer a juror summons when I get one.

Reactions: Taken

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do they enforce that though? I mean, do you get fined or something?

Yeah, you get fined.

Voting in federal elections is compulsory
Voting in State elections is compulsory
And voting in council elections is compulsory

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, I'm thankful voting in elections isn't compulsory in America.

I don't mind it, it is what it is.

I guess the benefits you have of elections being optional though, is that people who don't care, or don't want to vote for any of the candidates, don't vote.

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mind it, it is what it is.

I guess the benefits you have of elections being optional though, is that people who don't care, or don't want to vote for any of the candidates, don't vote.

I learned a hard lesson to not vote third party again after the 2016 presidential election. I didn't make the same mistake when the 2020 presidential election came around. I voted Democratic for the first time ever in my life and I have a feeling that it won't be the last time that I vote Democratic.

Last edited: