Why does God allow evil? Is that even true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I envy you. :)

But then, you are finishing your course. I still have a long ways to go to finish mine.
LOL How long is a 'long ways'?

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof" Matt 6:34

OIP.lMdXI8A1-xVGgU1QT5VxDAHaHa

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does God allow evil? Is that even true?

Yes, it is true and more! God is the cause of evil - not merely allows it. You cannot be the First Cause and not cause ALL that follows. Isaiah 45:7 explicitly says 'I create woe.' It does not say he feebly allows this to happen.

In reading the Old Testament, God is portrayed as a warrior. Not only does he bring destruction, he is a master of psychological warfare, causing a person, an opposing army or entire city or nation to be so struck with fear they became paralyzed. Some like to play word games and define evil to be something impossible for God to do. However, this contradicts the idea that God is all-powerful and anything is possible with God.

If the wrath of God means anything, it means he not only allows evil but causes evil. Such is the inescapable terror of suffering the wrath of God. This forms the foundation of Psalms 111:10 Fear of the LORD is the foundation of true wisdom. All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom. Praise him forever!

The End Game, Judgment Day will see most cast into the Lake of Fire. Justice is evil to the evil, yes?

Only a feminized religion would suppose it could possibly be any other way. Only God is good for only he can stop evil.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Stumpmaster, my initial post was not even directed at you. I was asking Amazed@grace what her comment meant, because she unfortunately teaches a number of things that smack of Gnosticism, including that the Old Testament God deliberately chose many for eternal damnation before the world began, that Eve wasn't properly informed not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and therefore God Himself may have been at fault, and that "God" is both Male and Female, among other things. Under these circumstances, her statement that evil being allowed by God "is all part of his divine plan. His will on earth as it is in heaven" may have meant she was teaching yet another occult concept called Yin and Yang, which teaches that good and evil are eternally locked in opposition to one another. So I was asking her for clarity.

You came along and defended the Principle that conflict runs throughout the Bible, which is of course a given but was unfortunately irrelevant to what I was asking her. So I tried clarifying the issue by reminding you that in Biblical Christianity the conflict between good and evil is not going to last forever, which is the distinction between Christian and Eastern thought.

Can we please understand this conversation was never directed at you to begin with? I was posting to SOMEONE ELSE.
OK. I'll let you off with a warning. :)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is true and it is a mystery. The "Mystery of Iniquity". There is really no good answer for this, since God could have wiped out the original evildoers at the very beginning. But then He allowed evil to grow until He wiped out the world with the Flood. And again God is allowing evil to grow until He pours out His wrath on the wicked and the ungodly. We are currently in an unprecedented state of evil worldwide.
Evil grows due to the Stain of original Sin.
God letting such grow ? no, it's just mans works that are at hand and such will reap what they sowed in fact.
Gods rules still apply regardless is the point, such as will just bring on a wrath regardless, because they disregarded Gods rules and as such we suffer, with Jesus Christ we will excel, if we all truly abide in him. it's just so simple. if we turn our backs on Jesus Christ, well the hellfire will come, because we are reaping what we have sowed. and that's why we currently have such evil running loose.